Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So basically the manager has to do his job?

Also double 8s is necessarily what will happen, drop Mount into where Eriksen is playing today and we'll be better.
You remove Eriksen’s passing and something has to come in lieu of that. I don’t know why there’s such boldness about Mount the CM, tbh. He’s not someone I’d associate with actual all-round CM duties. His forte is being an exceptional presser from AM and we’re going to demand a lot more from him than that.

As I’ve said a few times now: I’d be delighted to be wrong about Mount, the #8 all-round CM.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If we press higher up then the team moves up. It doesn’t leave Casemiro needing to work harder, if anything the condensed space that we will operate in would help him.
I can’t see how that’s worse than sitting deep meaning Casemiro has more ground to cover as he has further to travel up and down the pitch.
It just doesn’t add up in any way. Teams press high to cut off space, it doesn’t leave the opposition more to operate in.
It does if the pressing is poor and leaky, which is the point. You some how believe we’ll just be great at it, for no particular reason I can see, particularly with our track record.

Optimal pressing is just that. Suboptimal pressing is disastrous.

luke511

So we could have played Caidedo at right back with Amad Diallo as one of the midfield 3?

Just out of interest, why would you want to do that?!
If it ended up looking like this -
Rashford
Garnacho Bruno Amad Antony
Casemiro Caicedo
Shaw Varane Martinez
Caicedo pushing up in the defensive midfield position would've enabled a player like Amad to play the playmaker role as a 10, he's one of the best passers in the team so it would've added creativity and technical precision to our attacks.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The hope now is Brighton price him out of a deal and we get him in Jan or next summer.

But I expect Chelsea to close it out.

Perseus

Brighton are resigned to losing Caicedo in the summer transfer window, providing that Chelsea or another club reach their asking price, because they cannot compete with bigger clubs on wages.

How much?

cyberman

It does if the pressing is poor and leaky, which is the point. You some how believe we’ll just be great at it, for no particular reason I can see, particularly with our track record.

Optimal pressing is just that. Suboptimal pressing is disastrous.
Who says it’s poor and Leaky? You’re starting off from a point stating how shit we are at it when we don’t know that just yet.
All I know is not having an optimal pressing system would hurt us less than playing some double pivot system that invites pressure on to us while helping neuter our attack.
Plus it’s not even pressing but counter pressing that we’re aiming for here.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Even as it looks like my club may be buying him I’m not exactly jumping for joy. I see Caicedo as a really solid but not yet top class player right now. And yet we could be spending the sort of money on him that an already world class player commands.

Think I’ll feel much better about the move if the rumors of us buying a second CM are true and Poch uses 3 in midfield.
Not sure that’s at all true anymore. It’s just that the best of the best CM’s don’t move, so we have no way of knowing what their market worth is. You’re not getting Kimmich or Pedri for £100m and only a De Jong because Barca would love to have him off their books.

What we’re seeing is a proliferation of the unproven youngsters making their big moves, rather than those already at the top going elsewhere; there’s a divide there, I would say.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Who says it’s poor and Leaky? You’re starting off from a point stating how shit we are at it when we don’t know that just yet.
All I know is not having an optimal pressing system would hurt us less than playing some double pivot system that invites pressure on to us while helping neuter our attack.
Plus it’s not even pressing but counter pressing that we’re aiming for here.
Are you missing out the ifs and questioning on purpose to make a counter point that’s already in what you’re quoting? The crux is, if we execute it and get it wrong, Casemiro is the fall guy and it’s imperative we have a quantum leap in our collective play should we be going down that route.

Trex

Fancy the player but it seems like he's the caf obsession this year like De jong was the previous year.

Lecland07

Feel like he is getting a tad overrated. Need to hold your horses here.

People not happy to spend £55m on Mount, but seem alright with spending what seems to be £80 to £100m on Caicedo after one season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just so obvious that people will choose to pretend like havertzs fee doesnt exist. Its like they want to show everyone their uncontrollable footballing caused depression.

poleglass red

I guess City buying Kovacic and Arsenal buying Harvertz didn't also fund Chelsea's proposed move for Caicedo

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

People not happy to spend £55m on Mount, but seem alright with spending what seems to be £80 to £100m on Caicedo after one season.
He looked good the season before also, when Potter deemed him ready for the PL and started to play him. I think it's obvious he is a very good player and will probably get better, a bit like Kante after one season at Leicester.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I guess City buying Kovacic and Arsenal buying Harvertz didn't also fund Chelsea's proposed move for Caicedo
No, the money from Saudis, City, Arsenal doesn't count. Only Manutd can fund transfers.

Bo_devil

If it ended up looking like this -
Rashford
Garnacho Bruno Amad Antony
Casemiro Caicedo
Shaw Varane Martinez
Caicedo pushing up in the defensive midfield position would've enabled a player like Amad to play the playmaker role as a 10, he's one of the best passers in the team so it would've added creativity and technical precision to our attacks.
We've never been in for Caicedo, I highly doubt ETH wants to play two defensive minded players going forward. Thats why his main priority was Mount, he wants to play on the front foot and win the ball high up the pitch. Although I agree we could do with an understudy to Casemiro.

OverratedOpinion

Just a tad ay

Yves Bissouma from 2021/2022 outperformed what Caicedo this season by nearly every metric. Then Bissouma went to a team that try to dominate the ball and got shown up just as Caicedo will do but it'll be worse for Caicedo as Bissouma at least has a degree of quality on the ball.

https://www.whoscored.com/PlayerComparison

Bo_devil

Definitely being overhyped. If he was really that good, how come city or arsenal didnt show any interest. They clearly rated Rice much higher....

luke511

He looked good the season before also, when Potter deemed him ready for the PL and started to play him. I think it's obvious he is a very good player and will probably get better, a bit like Kante after one season at Leicester.
He looked class at Independiente del Valle as well. He’s had no problems replicating the same performances consistently in the Premier League which is a strong indicator that this form at Brighton isn’t just a blip. It’s rare for a player to consistently dominate us whenever we play against them like he has too, another indicator of his ability.

OverratedOpinion

You do know when Kante was at Leicester he was doubling what Caicedo does in key defensive stats per game. Actually double, he hasn't shown anything like what you'd need to get to Kante's level. Let him catch Bissouma's level and then he can worry about world cup winners.

luke511

Just a tad ay

Yves Bissouma from 2022/2023 outperformed what Caicedo did by nearly every metric. Then Bissouma went to a team that try to dominate the ball and got shown up just as Caicedo will do but it'll be worse for Caicedo as Bissouma at least has a degree of quality on the ball.

That’s why eye balls are important, you claiming Caicedo doesn’t have a degree of quality on the ball indicates you’re missing a pair.

Bo_devil

He looked class at Independiente del Valle as well. He’s had no problems replicating the same performances consistently in the Premier League which is a strong indicator that this form at Brighton isn’t just a blip. It’s rare for a player to consistently dominate us whenever we play against them like he has too, another indicator of his ability.
Tbf we do have a habit of making lesser teams look good.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Just a tad ay

Yves Bissouma from 2021/2022 outperformed what Caicedo this season by nearly every metric. Then Bissouma went to a team that try to dominate the ball and got shown up just as Caicedo will do but it'll be worse for Caicedo as Bissouma at least has a degree of quality on the ball.

Eh, Brighton this season dominated the ball more than Spurs have for years. Maybe ever.

pocco

loco
Agreed, I'd be shocked if he flops at his next club.

OverratedOpinion

That’s why eye balls are important, you claiming Caicedo doesn’t have a degree of quality on the ball indicates you’re missing a pair.
Sorry Luke but for a Holding midfielder stats are actually incredibly useful. I've watched a lot of him and silky he is not.

DoctorPepper

Just a tad ay

When Brighton lost Bissouma, their fans were saying Caicedo was already better. This was a 20 year old Caicedo who by the way has much better quality on the ball...

pocco

loco
You do know when Kante was at Leicester he was doubling what Caicedo does in key defensive stats per game. Actually double, he hasn't shown anything like what you'd need to get to Kante's level. Let him catch Bissouma's level and then he can worry about world cup winners.
Leicester played a low block and counter, Kante was much more involved defensively. Plus Kante is better defensively and is just more suited to that role. Brighton are a team that dominates the ball = less defending for their midfielders. I think Caicedo has a more rounded game and is a different player in the making, more like the player Tuchel tried to turn Kante into. Still, Caicedo is very good defensively and has shades of Kante in his ability to cover ground quickly and recover the ball. Regardless of stats, his quality is obvious.

pocco

loco
Just a tad ay

We should send you in to negotiate with Brighton, see if you can convince them that Caicedo is only as good as Bissouma :lol:

OverratedOpinion

We should send you in to negotiate with Brighton, see if you can convince them that Caicedo is only as good as Bissouma :lol:
1. Not as good as Bissouma.
2. Assuming by "we" you mean Man Utd I'd never do that as I may inadvertently help bring a bang average player to Man Utd :nono:

pocco

loco
1. Not as good as Bissouma.
2. Assuming by "we" you mean Man Utd I'd never do that as I may inadvertently help bring a bang average player to Man Utd :nono:
If you actually believe he's not as good as Bissouma then you need your head checked. He only played 8 PL games for Brighton prior to this season but was clearly the better player when they played together. I remember thinking so when we played them in May 2021 at their place and we were linked with Bissouma.

Besides, the proof is in the pudding. Bissouma ended up on Spurs bench and might get sold already, Caicedo wanted by the biggest clubs in the league for top money. Either everyone else is wrong, or you are.

Perseus

Caicedo passing 88% sucessful with a high proportion of forward passes, Bissouma more often sideways 89%.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It many be true or not but if you go back to the Bissouma thread the hype was ridiculous.
There’s a bit of hein sight at play with these denials
It was obvious last season Caicedo was better. Thats not to say Bissouma isn’t a good player though

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If you actually believe he's not as good as Bissouma then you need your head checked. He only played 8 PL games for Brighton prior to this season but was clearly the better player when they played together. I remember thinking so when we played them in May 2021 at their place and we were linked with Bissouma.

Besides, the proof is in the pudding. Bissouma ended up on Spurs bench and might get sold already, Caicedo wanted by the biggest clubs in the league for top money. Either everyone else is wrong, or you are.
Who are these top clubs that want him?

Status
Not open for further replies.