Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Hope Brighton hold firm, they rejected 80m over the winter and Rice just went for 100m.

Chelsea also spent a PL record fee on someone with 6 months of experience in Europe so they should try to squeeze the absolute max from them.

Caicedo also has higher upside to me than Rice

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Telsim

He is just as good as Rice, if not better. No reason Brighton should get less than £100 million.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hope Brighton hold firm, they rejected 80m over the winter and Rice just went for 100m.

Chelsea also spent a PL record fee on someone with 6 months of experience in Europe so they should try to squeeze the absolute max from them.

Caicedo also has higher upside to me than Rice
I don't think Arsenal's bid went higher than 65M.

But yes, we'll see. Brighton are well within their rights to stick to their valuation, just like we're telling them Colwill isn't for sale. We've pushed ourselves into a corner a little bit here by fumbling the bag with Rice and then not securing Ugarte so we're in Caicedo or bust territory now and Brighton probably know that.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Feck me, could you imagine, the Cnuts announce a sale tomorrow, Sheik swoops in and steals Caicedo from the renties. Caicedo, Mount, keeper and forward all in one summer.
Even IF they agreed a sale tomorrow, it will still take at least a month to pass the PL owner checks

Perseus

Brighton value of CaCeido is £130 million plus according to rumours. Not press invention. Not enough by my reckoning. Extras could add £20 million to the cost.

Last edited:

thomas porter

Chelsea are in a terrible negotiating position on this deal as Brighton knows how desperately they need midfield reinforcements and everyone knows they are flush with money to spend from all of their sales. Feels like a deal that Chelsea will desperately close late in the window for 105-110m.

Traub

Chelsea are in a terrible negotiating position on this deal as Brighton knows how desperately they need midfield reinforcements and everyone knows they are flush with money to spend from all of their sales. Feels like a deal that Chelsea will desperately close late in the window for 105-110m.
It does seem inevitable to be honest. They should just stump up the 100m and get it over and done with. The only reason they won't is if they can't afford it - in which case the move won't happen anyway.

zaafi

:lol: :lol: nkunku didn't regress. He had an injury during the season and was out for about 2-3 month, and still won the golden boot.
If you look at his goal and assist numbers the season before and compare them with this season's numbers and minutes played, it's quite clear he regressed statistically.

glasgow 21

Brighton are pathetic they buy a 4.5m player and want to sell him for 100m. They can't compete with us at United we're class we buy 100m and can't sell him on for 4m. Brighton should really give themselves shake.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
If you look at his goal and assist numbers the season before and compare them with this season's numbers and minutes played, it's quite clear he regressed statistically.
0.83 NPxG+xA per 90 in 21/22, 0.74 NPxG+xA per 90 in 22/23.

His xA went down from 21/22 to 22/23 but not as much as his actual assist rate - his teammates definitely regressed finishing-wise. His NPxG rate actually went up last year.

TheLord

Brighton are pathetic they buy a 4.5m player and want to sell him for 100m. They can't compete with us at United we're class we buy 100m and can't sell him on for 4m. Brighton should really give themselves shake.
Buying a player for 4m and selling him for 104m would represent a 100m profit over a record (short) time.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Bringing in Onana, Caicedo, Mount and proper number 9 would totally transform this team to a big read machine again. So much passion, power, pressing and fighting added in 1 year (counting this window and the last summer).

Just imagine putting up (on paper something like):

-----------------Onana
---AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
----------------Casemiro
-----------Mount Caicedo
------------------Bruno
-------- -Rashford Höjlund

and it would probably more be like

-------------------Onana
-----AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
----------Caicedo Casemiro
-------Mount Bruno Rashford
------------------Höjlund

I can see a lot of teams having problems betting this team, not claiming we will win the league or CL but i don´t see us loosing 7-0 with this team at least just to make a point. This team has a playing GK, a world CB partnership, one of the best LBs + a RB that is impossible to dribble past and showed some glints of a better offense last months. A central midfield with so much power, passing, press, energy and passion + technical and ball carrying ability with great chance creating in to the final third in both Bruno and Mount and hopefully a Rashford that will keep scoring 30+ goals every season together with a huge talent in Höjlund that is fast, strong, good with both right and left leg and in the air and only 20 years.

I might just be dreaming, but i see this a team that can with little time together be 2-3 signings from competing for the PL in 1-2 years if we also get Sheikh Jassim to back up ETH and appoint right people to take care of the club.

Chief123

Brighton value of CaCeido is £130 million plus according to rumours. Not press invention. Not enough by my reckoning. Extras could add £20 million to the cost.
He’s a very good player but now you’re being ridiculous.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A transfer request would be nice mate.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
So what happened to Brighton's deal with Caicedo regarding leaving for a reasonable fee?

The speculation I've seen on Twitter is that he could join a CL club for a set fee like 70-80m or something but that this doesn't count in Chelsea's case since they aren't in the CL. But that seems like a lot of people just putting 2+2 together rather than actually knowing anything about the situation.

Marvin-ator

Bringing in Onana, Caicedo, Mount and proper number 9 would totally transform this team to a big read machine again. So much passion, power, pressing and fighting added in 1 year (counting this window and the last summer).

Just imagine putting up (on paper something like):

-----------------Onana
---AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
----------------Casemiro
-----------Mount Caicedo
------------------Bruno
-------- -Rashford Höjlund

and it would probably more be like

-------------------Onana
-----AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
----------Caicedo Casemiro
-------Mount Bruno Rashford
------------------Höjlund

I can see a lot of teams having problems betting this team, not claiming we will win the league or CL but i don´t see us loosing 7-0 with this team at least just to make a point. This team has a playing GK, a world CB partnership, one of the best LBs + a RB that is impossible to dribble past and showed some glints of a better offense last months. A central midfield with so much power, passing, press, energy and passion + technical and ball carrying ability with great chance creating in to the final third in both Bruno and Mount and hopefully a Rashford that will keep scoring 30+ goals every season together with a huge talent in Höjlund that is fast, strong, good with both right and left leg and in the air and only 20 years.

I might just be dreaming, but i see this a team that can with little time together be 2-3 signings from competing for the PL in 1-2 years if we also get Sheikh Jassim to back up ETH and appoint right people to take care of the club.

So, 2-3 signings on top of the 2-3 you're praying for this year?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So what happened to Brighton's deal with Caicedo regarding leaving for a reasonable fee?

The speculation I've seen on Twitter is that he could join a CL club for a set fee like 70-80m or something but that this doesn't count in Chelsea's case since they aren't in the CL. But that seems like a lot of people just putting 2+2 together rather than actually knowing anything about the situation.
I have seen Arsenal twitter accounts peddle the CL clubs thing but it’s been reported that Caicedo has no clauses in his contract, just a verbal agreement that Brighton will let him leave if a reasonable offer comes for him. Obviously what constitutes to reasonable might differ between Chelsea, Caicedo and Brighton but at the moment Brighton are sticking to their £100M valuation.

Perseus

I have seen Arsenal twitter accounts peddle the CL clubs thing but it’s been reported that Caicedo has no clauses in his contract, just a verbal agreement that Brighton will let him leave if a reasonable offer comes for him. Obviously what constitutes to reasonable might differ between Chelsea, Caicedo and Brighton but at the moment Brighton are sticking to their £100M valuation.

There may be sell on clauses? which raises the transfer fee. Brighton have not suggested £80 million. This is a guess.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How about that transfer request then bro?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
How about that transfer request then bro?

Seems like chelsea are close to agreeing the term with brighton. Otherwise i doubt caicedo openly admit he want to join chelsea. Dont think its a move to force brighton but merely confirm deal is close in my opinion.

Last edited:

RedorDead21

He is just as good as Rice, if not better. No reason Brighton should get less than £100 million.
The figures for holding midfielders or players that don’t add that much at the top end of the pitch is insane. That’s top striker money for me, I know that’s a 5 year old view now but still holds true. We need to spend that cash on a recruitment team not a midfielder.

RuudTom83

If Caicedo was a fan, he would be a Glory Hunter...changing allegiance every 6 months.

CasaStreets

Don't understand this move for him.

Chelsea aren't in Europe, finished 12th, and there is no way to know how they'll perform this year after a total squad and management rebuild.

Meanwhile, he is playing extremely well and developing rapidly at Brighton. He will have many more suitors over the next 1-2 years and, once multiple tier 1 clubs are competing for his signature, his agent will be able to bid up his salary much higher than a single-team pursuit.

This whole thing makes no sense to me and I hope his agent is doing right by him, but given his agent's client roster (i.e., very few high earners), I suspect the agent is pushing this for a payday and incentives are not aligned.

RedorDead21

Don't understand this move for him.

Chelsea aren't in Europe, finished 12th, and there is no way to know how they'll perform this year after a total squad and management rebuild.

Meanwhile, he is playing extremely well and developing rapidly at Brighton. He will have many more suitors over the next 1-2 years and, once multiple tier 1 clubs are competing for his signature, his agent will be able to bid up his salary much higher than a single-team pursuit.

This whole thing makes no sense to me and I hope his agent is doing right by him, but given his agent's client roster (i.e., very few high earners), I suspect the agent is pushing this for a payday and incentives are not aligned.
One season on double/triple your money is a big deal coupled with London living. No one is staying at Brighton if Chelsea come along.

CasaStreets

One season on double/triple your money is a big deal coupled with London living. No one is staying at Brighton if Chelsea come along.
I can't argue with the London living bit, but I'm not so sure about your salary point. If they put him on Enzo money (>=300k) then I agree with you, but if his agent can only get him 180-200k because there's not a competitive bidding process, then I think this becomes a bad deal for Caicedo over the length of his contract. Edit: Especially given the risk involved in going to Chelsea right now.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I can't argue with the London living bit, but I'm not so sure about your salary point. If they put him on Enzo money (>=300k) then I agree with you, but if his agent can only get him 180-200k because there's not a competitive bidding process, then I think this becomes a bad deal for Caicedo over the length of his contract. Edit: Especially given the risk involved in going to Chelsea right now.
How many Chelsea players do you think actually live in London - I'd guess at very few, most probably live in leafy Surrey

Last edited:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
He will be paid handsomely. Our outgoing player weekly wages are cleaned up.

Kante, koulibally, havertz and most likely lukaku all were in 250k+ minimum weekly wages.They are all gone. Only mount and mendy had less than 100k+ weekly wages among our outgoing players. If caicedo signs he will get very good package no doubt.

We were finished in cl spot for past four seasons except last one. Players knew it was temporary position.

Except city nobody can say they will finish in top 4 in coming season.

Last edited:

Cloud7

Big, historical, beautiful team. What a troll.
To be fair this is how chelsea is viewed in most spheres. It's been about 20 years since their takeover. In that time they've won a fair few PL's, CL x 2 and a fair few cups along the way. They have a very large global fanbase. By any metric they are a big team at this point. With regards to history, again they've been successful for about 20 years. Caicedo is himself 21. Do you really think a footballer cares about what a club was up to before they were even born?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
To be fair this is how chelsea is viewed in most spheres. It's been about 20 years since their takeover. In that time they've won a fair few PL's, CL x 2 and a fair few cups along the way. They have a very large global fanbase. By any metric they are a big team at this point. With regards to history, again they've been successful for about 20 years. Caicedo is himself 21. Do you really think a footballer cares about what a club was up to before they were even born?
Beautiful post. Not that big though.

Status
Not open for further replies.