Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I am getting concerned that Mitoma, Dunk, Steele, Ferguson, Groß… our entire team actually… are all being sold. None of them trained today either.

Of course, it was a scheduled day off having played yesterday, but it still makes a good story and wonderful clickbait “journalism“.
I didn’t know that. I guess they’re banking on people not knowing that and sharing the hell out of their misinformation. Feck them.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
I didn’t know that. I guess they’re banking on people not knowing that and sharing the hell out of their misinformation. Feck them.
That’s Twitter for you, sadly. I reckon the deal will be done this week and he won’t play on Saturday for us anyway, I just don’t understand the need to lie on Twitter to the gullible plastics.

Gutted to lose him though when he does go - with his signing I think Chelsea are dark horses for a title campaign.

luke511

£60 million for Maguire and McTominay plus the sales of Fred, VdB and Henderson, that's enough to buy Caicedo right? :p

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He can protest all he wants (if true) but if Brighton don’t want to sell, with him especially being so young and in crucial stage of his development, he will have no other choice but to perform and give his all for Brighton once the transfer window is closed.

Trophy Room

He can protest all he wants (if true) but if Brighton don’t want to sell, with him especially being so young and in crucial stage of his development, he will have no other choice but to perform and give his all for Brighton once the transfer window is closed.
He is really stupid, was probably also fecked over by his agent. Why on earth would he sign a new contract? This was bound to happen. Agent would’ve received a huge bonus for convincing him to do that.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
He is really stupid, was probably also fecked over by his agent. Why on earth would he sign a new contract? This was bound to happen. Agent would’ve received a huge bonus for convincing him to do that.
I think that is the thing with his agent, he gets paid twice by having him sign the contract last year. At this point, I really don't care what the price is, pay it or walk away. It is time to focus on the the season ahead, not a never ending transfer drama.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Well, not meaning to sound insensitive but he grew up playing street football in Ecuador in poverty. His family couldn’t afford football boots. He and his ten siblings had minimal schooling and Caicedo himself struggles with basic literacy.

Unscrupulous people close to him could do very well financially off his naïveté. Footballers aren’t generally the sharpest tools in the shed at the best of times.

They are paid to be athletes and kick a leather ball around, not oversee complicated contract negotiations.

Gandalf

His old contract still had 3 years to run and he was earning peanuts. He had no real leverage and it was a chance to get a more appropriate salary for his level and a way for Brighton to make him feel better about not getting the move to Arsenal. He could have asked for a release clause but in all probability Brighton would have said forget it and kept him on his original deal, he would still be in the same position now but with a fair bit less in the bank.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His old contract still had 3 years to run and he was earning peanuts. He had no real leverage and it was a chance to get a more appropriate salary for his level and a way for Brighton to make him feel better about not getting the move to Arsenal. He could have asked for a release clause but in all probability Brighton would have said forget it and kept him on his original deal, he would still be in the same position now but with a fair bit less in the bank.
He could have waited 6 months and got a lot more money at a bigger club, he was poorly advised

Cassidy

How? I don't think you read what I posted at all. He was already under contract, signing the new deal had no bearing on whether he left, people keep acting like his contract was expiring which was not the case.
It has a bearing on his asking price.
Only way he should have signed a new deal is with an exit clause, his agent failed him

Gandalf

It has a bearing on his asking price.
Only way he should have signed a new deal is with an exit clause, his agent failed him
You are going to have to explain that one to me. If he signed a new deal he was under contract, if he didn't he was under contract. Makes no difference whatsoever to what Brighton consider his asking price to be as either way he was under contract for multiple seasons. The only difference in not signing a new deal is that he would earn less until he eventually gets his move.

Cassidy

You are going to have to explain that one to me. If he signed a new deal he was under contract, if he didn't he was under contract. Makes no difference whatsoever to what Brighton consider his asking price to be as either way he was under contract for multiple seasons. The only difference in not signing a new deal is that he would earn less until he eventually gets his move.
Length of contact has a bearing on valuation, if you recently just signed a new 5 year deal, your club will ask for more money

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
He could have waited 6 months and got a lot more money at a bigger club, he was poorly advised
Also could’ve destroyed his knee in that 6 months and never made that kind of money.

Players sign pay rise extensions all the time before being sold.The fact that it is only 60k/wk is what should clue people in to the fact that Brighton is lying. If he was signing a 6 year deal to stay at Brighton it would have been higher, even for them.

All of our teams have made verbal agreements with players along these lines. But our teams did what they said they would. Or, if they changed direction they openly asked the players permission.

Not Brighton.

And since Moises was mad at them turning down 70 in January … you can imagine “100 or you’re staying with us” was not what they sold him.

Say they were slick and successfully played him and his agent ? That makes them look better?

Are other players, agents, and team executives going to be like, “Good one! You pulled the wool over on him!”?

Cassidy

Also could’ve destroyed his knee in that 6 months and never made that kind of money.

Players sign pay rise extensions all the time before being sold.The fact that it is only 60k/wk is what should clue people in to the fact that Brighton is lying. If he was signing a 6 year deal to stay at Brighton it would have been higher, even for them.

All of our teams have made verbal agreements with players along these lines. But our teams did what they said they would. Or, if they changed direction they openly asked the players permission.

Not Brighton.

And since Moises was mad at them turning down 70 in January … you can imagine “100 or you’re staying with us” was not what they sold him.

Say they were slick and successfully played him and his agent ? That makes them look better?

Are other players, agents, and team executives going to be like, “Good one! You pulled the wool over on him!”?
Like I said previously, he was stupid to sign a new deal without a release clause. Why did McCalister get to go to Liverpool so quickly?
Hes made a mistake here, and if he didn't he would be a Chelsea player already

I'm not blaming him for taking the money, but it was short-sighted, especially without a release clause.

The same goes for Harry Kane who is STILL stuck at Spurs.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Length of contact has a bearing on valuation, if you recently just signed a new 5 year deal, your club will ask for more money
And that leverage is what your team gets in exchange for the extra money. BUT ..60k a week… it wasn’t a TON of extra money. And Moises contends that the “reasonable” nature of the selling price was discussed as part of this agreement.

See, the whole “valuation” argument is an admittance that there were agreements in place around that signing not put on paper. So the whole argument that that suddenly isn’t a thing in football needs to just stop.

Do we have reference for what Moises considered “reasonable”? Well, yes we do! Because he balked at the 70m valuation in January.

That is why we have this fake mystery bidder now, because they are trying to invent a crux for defending their actions by claiming multiple bidders in the same region.

As we ALL know, Saudi teams love to keep their bids for players. It isn’t like they love to be attached to a player in the press at all… Brighton totally was not being shady on that one.

A sole bidding team was a worst case scenario for Brighton here, and they have always known that.

RuudTom83

He’s been a Real Madrid fan, a United fan, an Arsenal fan and now a Chelsea fan…

Poor lad is gonna have to become a Spurs fan next if this latest move doesn’t materialise.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Like I said previously, he was stupid to sign a new deal without a release clause. Why did McCalister get to go to Liverpool so quickly?
Hes made a mistake here, and if he didn't he would be a Chelsea player already

I'm not blaming him for taking the money, but it was short-sighted, especially without a release clause.

The same goes for Harry Kane who is STILL stuck at Spurs.
Kane isn’t claiming he had a verbal agreement with his club on when and how he could leave though.

My point is that verbal agreements of the nature Moises alleges happen ALL the time. And his version of he nature of that agreement makes sense considering how he reacted last window, the prices Discussed and everything we else know.

Good teams honor those agreements.

Caicedo expected to be preparing with a new team at this point back when he signed that extension. He is one of probably hundreds of players that signed extensions under similar circumstances.

They are aren’t just trying to keep him with the team. The are openly calling him a liar.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
He’s been a Real Madrid fan, a United fan, an Arsenal fan and now a Chelsea fan…

Poor lad is gonna have to become a Spurs fan next if this latest move doesn’t materialise.
Well, I heard he was simply a fan of any team that pays really well and has the capacity to win trophies …

… so not that last one.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but it seems like Brighton are beginning to take a softer tone with proceedings. De Zerbi the other day, and Barber today.

Alemar

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but it seems like Brighton are beginning to take a softer tone with proceedings.
Haven’t you already spent 2 billions under Boehly? From the looks of it, your problem is in fact not a lack of big money transfers, it’s entirely different

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Haven’t you already spent 2 billions under Boehly? From the looks of it, your problem is in fact not a lack of big money transfers, it’s entirely different
What?

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
2 billions.. ...where did that come from?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's been really nice and refreshing to not have been involved in a single long winded saga like this one, this summer.
I hope Chelsea and Brighton block each other’s numbers after this summer :lol:

Baxquux

This is obviously quite bitter, and not particularly fair on Bloom, who's obviously running Brighton in what he feels are the club's best interests (unlike certain parasites we're all familiar with), but it does highlight what I thought would be an issue with their strategy in recent times. That is, you can't sell yourself as a gateway to the big time (rather than the more distant promise of making it to CL with Brighton, whatever Bloom may aspire to) and then aim at recruiting ever more ambitious and partly established players as you seek to consolidate but neither agree to release clauses nor to letting them go except for the most inflated offer. Clubs like Benfica get huge money, but they (a) do use release clauses -even if they're huge; and (b) have a more established national (and to an extent European, heritage-based) profile. Wonder if Ferguson is regretting not demanding a release clause in his new contract now?

Abraxas

This is obviously quite bitter, and not particularly fair on Bloom, who's obviously running Brighton in what he feels are the club's best interests (unlike certain parasites we're all familiar with), but it does highlight what I thought would be an issue with their strategy in recent times. That is, you can't sell yourself as a gateway to the big time (rather than the more distant promise of making it to CL with Brighton, whatever Bloom may aspire to) and then aim at recruiting ever more ambitious and partly established players as you seek to consolidate but neither agree to release clauses nor to letting them go except for the most inflated offer. Clubs like Benfica get huge money, but they (a) do use release clauses -even if they're huge; and (b) have a more established national (and to an extent European, heritage-based) profile. Wonder if Ferguson is regretting not demanding a release clause in his new contract now?
I think it just depends on the player they target to begin with more than it being a major strategic issue for them.

When you're in for Caicedo or Enciao out of South America or Mitoma which is just unbelievable scouting then you have a very strong negotiating position. You're getting the players into the big time and they more or less should agree because the benefit to the transfer far outweighs the release clause. They are suddenly on life changing money.

Kudus is a CL footballer. That's how he probably sees himself. This is just him taking an opportunity to get PL eyes on him. It's his best current option but that's all it is to him.

So it depends. It's always going to be the case that as you develop as a club and target more known quantities that they have more demands. That pertains to everything to do with their contract and conditions at the club. I don't think it's a particular rebellion against Brighton's M.O. They're just targeting a very good player outside their usual parameters and the player knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.