Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastic Evra

Prisoners is a wee bit hyperbolic.
That said, and without having been there so who knows what was worded exactly, it's a little bit of a faux-pas if they really had a verbal promise to Caicedo. After rejecting one too many bid I'd understand that to him it seems the club is not protecting its interest reasonably but playing too hard a ball. Whether he's justified in that belief or not, that's probably not ideal to have trust broken with your players when there's an implicit understanding you'll let them go for bigger things if they come.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Brighton obviously think he’s world class or close to it. I’d really like us to get this lad. I think he is the best young gettable midfielder in the league over the last few years. If we were being well run for longer then I don’t think we’d have let the backup playing staff build up so much so that we would have let a player like this pass us by a second time. He’s another along with Haaland and Bellingham that were probably very gettable for us at one point if we were on the ball and recruiting the very top young talent ruthlessly as we did back in the days of Rooney and Ronaldo. We have no problem identifying the next top players but getting the very best ones in the door, for whatever reason, and developing them well enough has been much more of an issue post Fergie.

Recruitment, the squad age and its general composition has suffered badly. We’ve always been missing key players and without any quality competition or intensity within the squad. It slowly feels more youthful hardworking and fresh now. Hopefully Antony Sancho and Rasmus can get something consistent going this year and next summer we can pull in a few more top late teens early 20s players about to explode to compete with everyone. Bolster the squad next summer with clever free transfers and players entering their final year along with our best youth players. We should always be developing a young hungry and potentially world class core to drive the team and some older heads to guide them and I think Caciedo could be the engine for something special if he finds the right manager to develop him.

Last edited:

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe we can get 45M for McT after all, from Brighton.

Perseus

Not if Chelsea or Pool swoop in this week. I feel like one of them is getting Lavia and the other Caicedo.
My sources say the fee is more than £130 million for Caicedo, all up front of which more than £30 million goes to South America. Even then it may be delayed for one season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
My sources say the fee is more than £130 million for Caicedo, all up front of which more than £30 million goes to South America. Even then it may be delayed for one season.
There is no way anyone has quoted anything over a £100m. From the start, its been quoted as £100m. No way anyone is paying £130m and they know they wont get that.

Abraxas

I'd absolutely love to get Caicedo. Shame he's so pricey and it's seemingly not even something we can currently entertain. Not unless we get some miracle fees in for our unwanted players. Even then I don't think the club are so keen to shell out this much. But he'd be a brilliant option. I think with his skillset he can play with pretty much anybody and do a job and he'll only get better.

Perseus

There is no way anyone has quoted anything over a £100m. From the start, its been quoted as £100m. No way anyone is paying £130m and they know they wont get that.
Its a reduction from £150 million. I don't think Brighton should sell this summer.

croadyman

Genuinely hope this doesn't go through with the hope he stays at Brighton for another year and we roll out the red carpet to bring him here next summer.
Totally agree but just can't see him still being on market next summer. There is far too much desire to push for that Chelsea move

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
130 million all up front :lol: Nobody can do that except Saudi clubs

Care_de_Bobo

This transfer highlights a lot of the more unsavoury aspects of football these days: the greed of selling clubs and agents; the arrogance of bigger clubs; the naivety/stupidity of players for taking their club's/agent's word at face value; a dodgy sports washing regime waiting in the wings with a ridiculous offer helping to drive the player's value even higher as well as the scumbags in the media driving interest and generating clicks through tenuous and spurious links and 'updates'.

Regarding Caicedo himself I get why he was desperate to join Arsenal in January when it looked like they might be capable of mounting a title challenge and still had European football, but why would he want to leave Brighton for Chelsea this summer when his current club has European football and play some excellent stuff. Realistically Chelsea aren't mounting a title challenge this year anyway. If he could just be patient and wait a year he'd probably have plenty of options and would be able to see more clearly the direction this Chelsea project is heading.

We need an rvn

This transfer highlights a lot of the more unsavoury aspects of football these days: the greed of selling clubs and agents; the arrogance of bigger clubs; the naivety/stupidity of players for taking their club's/agent's word at face value; a dodgy sports washing regime waiting in the wings with a ridiculous offer helping to drive the player's value even higher as well as the scumbags in the media driving interest and generating clicks through tenuous and spurious links and 'updates'.

Regarding Caicedo himself I get why he was desperate to join Arsenal in January when it looked like they might be capable of mounting a title challenge and still had European football, but why would he want to leave Brighton for Chelsea this summer when his current club has European football and play some excellent stuff. Realistically Chelsea aren't mounting a title challenge this year anyway. If he could just be patient and wait a year he'd probably have plenty of options and would be able to see more clearly the direction this Chelsea project is heading.
Agree with everything you’re saying bar the bold part, from caicedo being patient for another year in particular.

But it’s damn time the smaller selling clubs stick to their guns and demand top money and not forced to sell below market value or for less than the player is worth. The top clubs unsettle players far too easily, always done and always will be done, but i don’t think you can call a selling club greedy

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ah feck. That would be a hell of a midfield transition for Liverpool to be fair. But Chelsea with caicedo would give them the perfect deep pairing for the next 5+ years which I also just don't want.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Regardless of what happens, the whole "I'll bid for your target then if you're bidding for mine" is objectively funny.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Where have they pulled that money out from?! :lol: :nervous: this is bizarre.
Liverpool ain't got 100 milly.
You guys do realise that their revenues are on the same level as ours, they have far far less debt than us and over Klopp's tenure, their net spend is dwarfed by ours? They can spend plenty, FSG are just tight arses that don't allow them to.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
The suggestion of he wants to come to chelsea despite liverpool bid we are fools not to bring him in yet. Also genuinely believe so why arsenal also suddenly left from negotiations since player wanted the chelsea move only.

Chief123

The suggestion of he wants to come to chelsea despite liverpool bid we are fools not to bring him in yet. Also genuinely believe so why arsenal also suddenly left from negotiations since player wanted the chelsea move only.
Going to Liverpool over chelsea is no comparison though. You’d only choose chelsea for money.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Are Chelsea and Liverpool playing their own game in the transfer market or something? :lol:

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
So why are they allowing them to now? It's daft money.
Because they have no midfield? They've sold Fabinho? He's young and will be good for a decade plus and fits the profile of player they need? With regards to their finances or net spend, don't take my word for it, look it up.

Same way how arsenal didn't spend much for years but now seem to spend a lot more freely.

Supports
Chelsea
By all reports we’re going for Lavia and Tyler Adams now so it doesn’t look good for Caicedo..

Colossal feck up if we get hijacked for our two main targets this summer - Ugarte and Caicedo.

the_cliff

Are Chelsea and Liverpool playing their own game in the transfer market or something? :lol:
They play against each other on Sunday as well, should be a good game. :lol:

Imagine Lavia signing for Chelsea before the game and they are in the middle of a bidding war for Caicedo, the game would be fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.