g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Are they? They've been a complete mess for a few years now and there's not a lot to suggest they've got their act together.

Well, Liverpool have been consistently near the top for a few years and have a very good manager in Klopp. Chelsea not so much.
I believe Chelsea is the most successful team in the PL over the last twenty years. I read something odd like that last year maybe? We won the CL just two years ago…

We have the best Academy in England, and are building one of the best academy networks in the world.

Our new coach was able to take Tottenham to a CL final of all teams and is able to modify his tactics to how the game is changing. He’s had his vacation, and is fresh and motivated.

They tried to take us out when they took out Roman, but now we are back with a growing infrastructure and huge investment from one of the most successful sporting groups in the world, with a new stadium coming soon.

People are judging us on seasons where we weren’t allowed to pay staff, or even buy toilet paper for the building. Fans of other teams in power completely abused that situation, and the court of arbitration for sport will have its say

Liverpools owners contemplated getting out of the sport fairly recently because they are having issues at home in the US and just may not be able to keep up financially.

Klopp considered taking his coaching teeth and going home. He knows one speed, one trick, and people know it’s coming. He already looked tired and beaten … and now he looks worse.

Chelsea’s not going to suddenly take over the Prem this year, but the trajectories of the two situations are starkly different.

bosskeano

snubbing Pool would be the greatest present this window will have offered if that happens....put him back in there with macallister and they would have a formidable midfield again and much much younger

croadyman

snubbing Pool would be the greatest present this window will have offered if that happens....put him back in there with macallister and they would have a formidable midfield again and much much younger
What's going on with this

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Sounds like a messy situation.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So I guess it's a race between Trump actually seeing the inside of a prison cell vs Chelsea actually putting in a bid.

What are Brighton's hierarchy making of this circus @The Boy ?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This is why we didn't get involved when he played for that Ecuadorian team,are you listening
I didn't even know before yesterday that you were ever interested in Caicedo when he played in Ecuador :lol:

garelo

This is why we didn't get involved when he played for that Ecuadorian team,are you listening
thats not excuse at all considering we can always throw some extra hundred thousands pounds to hire experts including lawyers to solve this problem.

Dan_F

I believe Chelsea is the most successful team in the PL over the last twenty years. I read something odd like that last year maybe? We won the CL just two years ago…

We have the best Academy in England, and are building one of the best academy networks in the world.

Our new coach was able to take Tottenham to a CL final of all teams and is able to modify his tactics to how the game is changing. He’s had his vacation, and is fresh and motivated.

They tried to take us out when they took out Roman, but now we are back with a growing infrastructure and huge investment from one of the most successful sporting groups in the world, with a new stadium coming soon.

People are judging us on seasons where we weren’t allowed to pay staff, or even buy toilet paper for the building. Fans of other teams in power completely abused that situation, and the court of arbitration for sport will have its say

Liverpools owners contemplated getting out of the sport fairly recently because they are having issues at home in the US and just may not be able to keep up financially.

Klopp considered taking his coaching teeth and going home. He knows one speed, one trick, and people know it’s coming. He already looked tired and beaten … and now he looks worse.

Chelsea’s not going to suddenly take over the Prem this year, but the trajectories of the two situations are starkly different.
Who did?

croadyman

thats not excuse at all considering we can always throw some extra hundred thousands pounds to hire experts including lawyers to solve this problem.
What we needed was knowledge of the deal that Brighton had from a previous transfer. Don't you think the likes of Arsenal,Spurs,City and scousers wouldn't have been all over it for €5m. I am starting to get very sick of explaining this every time someone brings this up.

Zen86

I can’t see how Chelsea are the most successful team in the PL in the last 20 years.

But anyway let’s be fair, the only thing going for Chelsea at the moment is the amount of money that’s being thrown around and that’s hardly being spent in a shrewd way so far.

Syphon Wallet

Some people are looking paid, it's not just a paperwork technicality!

Amarsdd

Only thing remaining in this saga is a Saudi team to come in and gazzump both Liverpool and Chelsea with 150M bid and 700k/week wages ..

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
2 from the big 5 is more than we tend to see, and again, if this guy isn't anything special, why are they prepared to pay so much for him? You say desperation, yet Chelsea have been hanging around him since the window opened and that was already with the price sky high according to the regard you're giving the player.

And other targets as in Lavia? Who is going for less than half and is nowhere near as ready for the step up?

I don't know what your last paragraph has to do with what we're talking about. The price for Caicedo was set ages ago and even in this thread, the discussion revolved around if we had enough to enter the race, not whether he was worth that amount.
The price for Caicedo was set by a club who put an artificially inflated transfer fee on his head thinking no one would be stupid enough to pay that price.

Considering five months prior to this window he was apparently worth £65m to the same clubs I can't imagine his price has inflated by that much! Especially considering his end to the season wasn't really that spectacular.

Honestly, you can dress it up anyway you want it, Caicedo currently is not a £100m player, the clubs that deem him to be are being taken to the cleaners because they are desperate and are out of other quick buy options.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
So I guess it's a race between Trump actually seeing the inside of a prison cell vs Chelsea actually putting in a bid.

What are Brighton's hierarchy making of this circus @The Boy ?
Probably quite relaxed, he is going to go, the fee is going to be huge so we’re not bothered where he goes as long as we get the cash!

De Zerbi’s already said he’s forgotten about Caicedo and that you can buy our players but not our soul! Sounds almost religious!

EDIT: I imagine though the club want it sorted one way or the other asap.

Last edited:

Blood Mage

So it's likely he'll join the dippers anyway as Chelsea simply don't want to match their bid?

Gandalf

So it's likely he'll join the dippers anyway as Chelsea simply don't want to match their bid?
Does not look like it. Chelsea pulled out of the Adams deal today and are working on their offer, they may be doing some accounting to see how they structure the bid but I am fairly sure it is coming. Would imagine Liverpool will be pulling their bid fairly soon too. They are light in midfield and cannot afford to mess about with this.

Pscholes18

So the self proclaimed Utd supporter or did he just say it was his dream ti play for us?...is going to those cnuts when if he waits one more season, Utd could come calling? Can't believe Pool are actually going to spend that much coin.

croadyman

Does not look like it. Chelsea pulled out of the Adams deal today and are working on their offer, they may be doing some accounting to see how they structure the bid but I am fairly sure it is coming. Would imagine Liverpool will be pulling their bid fairly soon too. They are light in midfield and cannot afford to mess about with this.
Team Chelsea on this one

croadyman

So the self proclaimed Utd supporter or did he just say it was his dream ti play for us?...is going to those cnuts when if he waits one more season, Utd could come calling? Can't believe Pool are actually going to spend that much coin.
Seen enough about the complexity of his ownership to last me an entire lifetime

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You have a lot to catch up on.

Red Rash

Two things spring to mind

1. Caicedo is a very good player but £111 million for a player with one full year of premier league football is mental
  2. We should have signed him when we had the chance

Canuckred64

Dont think this is over yet, I hear he is doubting going to Liverpool, still wants Chelsea, I assume they will pay him a lot more.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
His asking price will not be lower next season. It'll still be 100+ million. It's only delaying the inevitable and depriving yourself of his performances for a year rather than getting him now and paying the same price you'd have paid a year from now.

mav_9me

Only Kane is worth 100m even with a year left in his contract. No clubs other than EPL clubs will pay 100m for Rice, Caicedo and Paqueta.
I know right. In what world is Paqueta worth anything close to 80m£ let alone 100?

With Rice at least I saw English tax, leadership tax, Arsenal vs City race. And Caicedo is Liverpool desperation vs Chelsea. But still same thing applies. EPL clubs as you pointed out. Tope heavy EPL, desperate to keep their position...

mav_9me

This is just like another transfer this year. Unbielevable. Paying way to much for average players. Clubs never learn.

We should demand £500m for McTominay.
If West Ham get 100m£ for Paqueta we probably should

Status
Not open for further replies.