Morgan Schneiderlin | BBC: Morgan Schneiderlin is currently having a medical at Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

We're only likely to buy one CM, I'd prefer it to be Verratti. Similar enough in that respect.
Do you know our summer transfer plans? Considering there is speculation that Van Gaal doesn't fancy Mata and Herrera, I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a DM and creative midfielder.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Do you know our summer transfer plans? Considering there is speculation that Van Gaal doesn't fancy Mata and Herrera, I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a DM and creative midfielder.
Maybe, we'll see. Schneidlin as a DM and Verratti as box-to-box would be perfect.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He was absolute quality today against Chelsea today, I recall him being a real pain to get around in their 1-0 win up here at OT as well, perfect defensive midfielder for someone in the top 4, really, if they're selling him we should be looking, would be perfect for Arsenal, hopefully Wenger passes on a top target as usual.

Ekeke

He was absolute quality today against Chelsea today, I recall him being a real pain to get around in their 1-0 win up here at OT as well, perfect defensive midfielder for someone in the top 4, really, if they're selling him we should be looking, would be perfect for Arsenal, hopefully Wenger passes on a top target as usual.
If I recall Wenger was the first one to call him a top central midfielder, or certainly the first manager at one of the bigger clubs. If Wenger wants a CM of his type I'm sure he'll be interested, but often Wenger wants a young player or to protect a young player he already has. Coquelin and the young CM they signed in Jan will give him the excuse to do that again

Kidders

I think Schneiderlin would be a great signing, not the wow of Pogba etc, but as he showed today he can play against the best, more importantly his presence would allow our flair players more freedom, a Carrick/Schneiderlin partnership in front of defence would be rock solid.

Devil may care

He's perfect for what we need, can play in the box to box role but is also tailor made to take over from Carrick as the #6 when needed.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
I think Schneiderlin would be a great signing, not the wow of Pogba etc, but as he showed today he can play against the best, more importantly his presence would allow our flair players more freedom, a Carrick/Schneiderlin partnership in front of defence would be rock solid.
this. He can mix it up with the best, but has good skill too.

Bwuk

Great performance by him today. Him, Carrick and Herrera as a three would have everything in it.

NoPace

Unreal today. Ball was like a magnet to him. His reading of the game, where to be was freakishly good.
Agreed. Lovely passing too.

Considering how Wanyama is given a fair bit of license by Koeman and how solid Soton still is, you have to fancy Schneiderlin-Herrera to work against most teams as the deepest 2 with a more offensive player joining them.

NoPace

Signing him looks like it would at worst be a Carrick kind of signing, and 30 million for him would have been worth it.

Deleted member 78215

Him and Wanyama kept harassing and dispossessing Cesc.
Not saying much - Fabregas has been really poor lately.

But Schneiderlin is definitely a good player and would be a nice addition.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Top player. Much better than ACL Strootman.

The kind of player we need, wouldn't cost a fortune, PL proven, qualifies under home grown rule (?). Just makes too much sense. We shouldn't let Wenger have him.

Mani

He's look to be tailor made for our MF,

Schneiderlin----------Blind
---------Herrera --------

This would be perfect MF3

Devil may care

It would be infuriating and frankly baffling if we didn't at least attempt to sign him in the summer.

Ekeke

Signing him looks like it would at worst be a Carrick kind of signing, and 30 million for him would have been worth it.
I honestly think he's better than Carrick ever was, just a different kind of player. He has the aggression and balls Carrick doesn't, but doesn't quite have the passing range to match him

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I honestly think he's better than Carrick ever was, just a different kind of player. He has the aggression and balls Carrick doesn't, but doesn't quite have the passing range to match him
Good player but a bit to go before matching Carrick. Would like him signed though would be a great addition.

Ekeke

Good player but a bit to go before matching Carrick. Would like him signed though would be a great addition.
I dont think so, he's been good in just about every game against the top teams this season. Thats more often than Carrick in a season

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Him or Xhaka would be great additions to the squad and can play both the #6 and #8 positions with ease.

Schneiderlin is the more consistent performer of the two right now, has tons of experience in the league and brings the kind of energy that would really complement Herrera in particular.

Xhaka is a bit inconsistent right now but he's younger, more physically imposing and has more talent to develop into a Schweinsteiger caliber of midfielder like Hitzfeld said he would.

Would take either. But if Van Gaal can reign Xhaka in, then he has a chance to become something really special.

Ekeke

Him or Xhaka would be great additions to the squad and can play both the #6 and #8 positions with ease.

Schneiderlin is the more consistent performer of the two right now, has tons of experience in the league and brings the kind of energy that would really complement Herrera in particular.

Xhaka is a bit inconsistent right now but he's younger, more physically imposing and has more talent to develop into a Schweinsteiger caliber of midfielder like Hitzfeld said he would.

Would take either. But if Van Gaal can reign Xhaka in, then he has a chance to become something really special.
Kramer wins the ball more than Xhaka and Schneiderlin wins the ball more than either of them

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
And LVG said we're looking for someone to add balance to the attacking players. Someone who wins the ball less than Blind isn't going to achieve that like Schneiderlin clearly would
Clearly ? Not really.

Xhaka wins the ball back more often than Schneiderlin. Defensive football isn't just about raw tackling stats. Xhaka is better in the air, makes more interceptions, more clearances and so forth. As a composite, that is more valuable to the defensive stability of a team.

When you combine that with the fact that Xhaka is more technically gifted, is more of a 'playmaker' for his team than Schneiderlin is for his, is younger, a bigger physical unit, and will likely cost lesser than Schneiderlin, it's a no brainer IMO. Like I said, the only area where Morgan shades him is consistency. Xhaka can be world class one week but lose his mind the next. Fully believe Van Gaal can harness that mercurial talent. Because Xhaka is a Top 5 European midfielder kind of talent and has been for a while.

RikRuud

Schneiderlin, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Blind and Mata would be an excellent midfielder to start the next campaign with. With the latter two playing further forward. Hopefully Van Gall will see Schneiderlin as a Strootman alternative.

Ekeke

Clearly ? Not really.

Xhaka wins the ball back more often than Schneiderlin. Defensive football isn't just about raw tackling stats. Xhaka is better in the air, makes more interceptions, more clearances and so forth. As a composite, that is more valuable to the defensive stability of a team.

When you combine that with the fact that Xhaka is more technically gifted, is more of a 'playmaker' for his team than Schneiderlin is for his, is younger, a bigger physical unit, and will likely cost lesser than Schneiderlin, it's a no brainer IMO. Like I said, the only area where Morgan shades him is consistency. Xhaka can be world class one week but lose his mind the next. Fully believe Van Gaal can harness that mercurial talent. Because Xhaka is a Top 5 European midfielder kind of talent and has been for a while.
Schneiderlin makes more tackles and interceptions combined. We don't need a playmaker, we have Blind, Ander and Carrick.

Rooney made 2 or 3 good headed clearances from set pieces yesterday, that doesn't effect his ball winning in his actual role

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Schneiderlin makes more tackles and interceptions combined. We don't need a playmaker, we have Blind, Ander and Carrick.

Rooney made 2 or 3 good headed clearances from set pieces yesterday, that doesn't effect his ball winning in his actual role
What kind of rationale is that ?

Coquelin makes more combined tackles + interceptions than any of them. Is he necessarily a better player than Xhaka and Schneiderlin ? Xhaka is excellent in the defensive aspect of the game, Schndeierlin having 1 more tackle + interception combined without adequate context doesn't change that.

For the not needing a playmaker part, it isn't Xhaka's primary function but something he's very good at as a #6 and can dictate the flow of the game from the deep simultaneously. He is a very defensively aware midfielder but at the same time, can be the puppeteer of the team with 80-90 passes every game like Alonso did for Madrid these past couple of seasons. It's an added value because he is multifaceted in that regard and ties in perfectly with Van Gaal's system of building from the defense.

As I said before, both would be quality additions to the United team. But Xhaka has the promise to be an absolute colossus in the center of the park once he becomes a bit more consistent. His developmental ceiling is substantially higher. He was excellent against United for Basel even at the age of 18 and has progressed to a whole new level since then. Plus he has valuable European experience with 27 matches played vs 0 for Schneiderlin.

Ekeke

Coquelin is a better ball winner, but Schneiderlin's strength is being an all rounder... who happens to be one of the best ball winners in the league

If it was about ball winning + winning the ball in the air like you mentioned we'd just use Fellaini. The important part is that Schneiderlin wins the ball a large amount but also passes well. He isnt a playmaker who makes a couple of tackles, thats priorities around the wrong way

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
*whoosh.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Was the best DM in the league last season and this season he's only second to Matic, though he outperformed him yesterday.

Quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.