Morgan Schneiderlin | Everton Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hopefully he starts over Barry so that donkey can't break Giggs' appearance record.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Gary Neville's praise of him, especially against United at Old Trafford was very likely the reason for high expectations from United fans. He was very negative when played regularly last season and hardly picked a right or forward pass. Likely, a directive from LvG.

Seems almost all LvG players are not the right fit for Mourinho.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Breaking news on Sky. WBA have made an 18 Million offer. At least the club are not giving him away.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Gary Neville's praise of him, especially against United at Old Trafford was very likely the reason for high expectations from United fans. He was very negative when played regularly last season and hardly picked a right or forward pass. Likely, a directive from LvG.

Ironically enough when Gary Neville says the profile of player we've signed in recent years has been wrong I feel Schneiderlin is one he's referring to

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He will be a good player for them and questions will be asked why it didn't work out here respectively why he didnt get a proper run
I don't.
I remember when Falcao left us, many predicted he'd go on to tear the league up. Well, he moved to CFC and Jose genuinely wanted to work with Falcao. What actually happened? He scored a grand total of....wait for it...1 goal!!!
What about D.Wellbeck? Oh no, he'll go to Arsenal and tear up the league!!! What actually happened? He scored 4 league goals in his first season. And 4 league goals in his second season.
Generally speaking, players who play poorly for MUFC and get sold, don't end up performing like Galacticos for their future clubs. They remain poor/average.

It would now appear that Morgan is being built up as this midfield Galactico who will win his new team, league titles. This won't be happening anytime soon. In our team last season he got us to 5th place and IMO that is Morgan's limit.

I don't think that Schneiderlin has done badly but is a level below what we need really. Not sorry to see him going
Indeed. Morgan will be great for a club in mid-table position and will look decent in that team. But in a team aiming to win the title, he won't be a first team player.
"Silent domination" (which is Morgan's speciality), doesn't win you titles.

kirk buttercup

I was pretty excited when he signed I'm not that arsed if and when he leaves, he doesnt fit Jose's plans . Hasnt done enough for me. would have expected him to move to a bigger club Than WBA but maybe that's his level and he can do well there ,if so good luck to him.

Last edited:

dichinero

I remember when Falcao left us, many predicted he'd go on to tear the league up.
I don't know where you got that one from. I don't think anyone would have said that considering that he was recovering from a career threatening injury. Not sure how that applies. Welbeck has no history of having a very solid season like Schneiderlin had for Soton, which is enough reason for some to still have a good hope to still have a good career.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This does seem to be the case.
I think LVG was building a team to get top 4. Jose is building a team to win the league, which is why Jose is targeting very high quality signings.
So, where LVG bought Morgan, Jose bought Pogba.
LVG bought Martial and Memphis. Jose signed Ibra and Miki.
Pogba, Ibra, Miki - all POTY in their leagues last season.

Keegs

So upset wanted this one to workout so badly loved watching him at Southampton:(

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I liked him at S'ton I thought he could be a real barricade for us, it's strange both Wanyama and Schneiderlin were good at Southampton yet only one has gone on to repeat their showing.

He's offfered nothing while he's been here, just played ultra safe it feels like, i'm sure a good manager in the right system could get a lot more out of him again.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
It would be better for us if he leaves for WBA, but I would advise him to get to Everton.

Not a big move in terms of logistics, reunited with Koeman, and fighting for Europa League position (like us) so this will be good for him.

Hope that they'll seal the deal quickly.

He derserves to play as I still rate him a lot

Jaybomb

Still gutted about this. I want him to be a regular for us but clearly Mourinho disagrees.

Thats one less option in the midfield now. Lets hope we're not forced to play Rooney at CM again... :nervous:

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Should be demanding at least £24m.

He's Home-Grown and that comes with an extra tax on it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So if we sell him, we're back to running Fellaini or even Schweinsteiger at DM if Carrick picks up a knock? I really don't understand the motivation to move him in January let alone not giving him a lick of playing time yet. Banking on Carrick to remain healthy while playing twice a week is a giant risk.

rockerlad

So if we sell him, we're back to running Fellaini or even Schweinsteiger at DM if Carrick picks up a knock? I really don't understand the motivation to move him in January let alone not giving him a lick of playing time yet. Banking on Carrick to remain healthy while playing twice a week is a giant risk.
Think we could see basti play? Fellaini could also be on his way out

Norris

I'm fairly confident we will replace him if he goes. Mourinho mentioned that though there won't be reinforcements, he may replace players who leave. Whether that is from within the Academy or via a transfer remains to be seen.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm fairly confident we will replace him if he goes. Mourinho mentioned that though there won't be reinforcements, he may replace players who leave. Whether that is from within the Academy or via a transfer remains to be seen.
Who's even in the academy that can play DM at the level Mourinho wants?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Its a shame, I was keen to see how he does after a few games for Mourinho.

Norris

Who's even in the academy that can play DM at the level Mourinho wants?
TFM (I know he's in the first team now) and Sean Goss, although I don't know if he plays CDM. I don't watch too much of the kids playing. In any case, I was merely suggesting that Mourinho will have an alternative in mind, be it TFM or a purchase in January. No way will he let him go without adequate backup.

Glideman

I was excited when we first signed him but frankly he hasn't shown what he is capable of and is just not good enough for Man United.

Tosicsleftpeg

I think 2 spots are nailed on in our midfield now in Herrera and Pogba , Carrick is the 3rd when fit but he's 35 I believe and we need a replacement. The young lad for RB Leipzig looks a good player can't remember his name now we want a player with something to prove.

Robertd0803

Ironically enough when Gary Neville says the profile of player we've signed in recent years has been wrong I feel Schneiderlin is one he's referring to
Always thought it was Mata.

Would much rather see Schneiderlin playing for Milan or someone in another league but West Brom would be more preferable than Everton. Don't like Everton and don't see why we make life easy for them letting players join them continuously.

sugar_kane

His beautiful wife will be a greater loss to our fair city.

That said, I agree with the posters above who think he might not have been given a decent crack.

It's absurd to think that Fellaini has done more to remain at Manchester United than Schneiderlin, but it would be fair to say so.

M4YON

I really rate Schniderlin, always have done he's just not a destroyer, he doesn't do what everyone was expecting him too he's more like Herrera in his playing style but never got a chance in that role.

He'll be fantastic wherever he goes I remember he got called up for France whilst he was at Southampton and he was immense. I don't think he got a fair crack at things here and the fact that Fellani did instead is crime against football.

Good luck to the lad anyway, hopefully doesn't come back to bite us in the a*se.

Reactions: Sultan

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think he's a good player for average sides... but hasn't been or will ever be good enough for us.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
We best had not miss out on signing him. I think he would be great next to Gueye and give us a real platform to build around that partnership. Lacking in creativity but would give us a real footing in every game. Similar to Kante and Matic in that regard.

Danillaco

I don't know where you got that one from. I don't think anyone would have said that considering that he was recovering from a career threatening injury. Not sure how that applies. Welbeck has no history of having a very solid season like Schneiderlin had for Soton, which is enough reason for some to still have a good hope to still have a good career.
And just for some perspective, look at how Falcão is doing this season in a positive and very organized team...

Danillaco

We best had not miss out on signing him. I think he would be great next to Gueye and give us a real platform to build around that partnership. Lacking in creativity but would give us a real footing in every game. Similar to Kante and Matic in that regard.
I think he would do very, very well at Everton. He's a very intelligent and powerful player. I'm sad it's not working for him here, especially being behind Fellapocalypse in the pecking order.

peridigm

Nothing suggests that bid has been accepted id be looking for £22m minimum
Exactly. Not like he has to leave on Jan 2nd. Let them get anxious. Perhaps another club will take a look and start the bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.