Morgan Schneiderlin | Everton Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Real Madrid seem to get at the very best decent fees, if not great ones, for the players they sell. It's a bit weird, but I assume they don't pay quite as ridiculous wages to squad players as us.
Ok I see. I was thinking of the outlet perspective. No other comparison should be made. In terms of sells that goes on to succeed RM have to be the first club that comes up.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
We shouldn't be selling for this kind of price. An injury to Herrera and we might need him. I assume we aren't signing any midfielders this window, so might as well keep him if they're gonna try to low ball us like this.
Really no point in keeping him. Any one of our reserves would do a better job. Schneiderlin is truly an awful player at this level.

parisite

If he's having a medical at Everton, it would be on some form of outlet.
To be fair Canal+ Sport said on Monday that he was definitiely going to Everton as soon as the transfer window opens. How they know that I just couldn't say but they made a fil rouge about it for a couple of hours...which I didn't watch in case you ask..

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To be fair Canal+ Sport said on Monday that he was definitiely going to Everton as soon as the transfer window opens. How they know that I just couldn't say but they made a fil rouge about it for a couple of hours...which I didn't watch in case you ask..
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if a move happened very quickly. Its just weird how skysports confirmed a bid from West Brom but not as yet from Everton (despite Everton seemingly ahead by way of negotiations according to Canal+).

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Still don't want him to go.

He'll be an absolute revelation for whoever he signs for. Mark my words, a year from now he'll be rated as one of the best DM's in the league and a £30m+ rated player

That said, I completely trust Mourinho and I'm sure he'll have a brilliant DM lined up for the Summer
How many players have we willingly let go that have gone on to be revelations elsewhere?

He's never going to be that sort of a player for us.Best to sell him when we can still get a decent price for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In this case the Caf opinion appears to chime with the opinion of his current and previous managers. He never stepped out of his shell and has no-one else to blame for that but himself. Not sad to see him go at all. Even Cleverley played with more courage.
Perhaps I didn't have the same expectation of him as others did then. In my observation, he seemed to be a very good ball winner, and I'm sure I've seen many a stat in his time here about how he's won loads of tackles and stuff. I thought that was his role, as opposed to anything particularly creative. Maybe he was a bit better at Southampton than I'd recalled.

RC89

Do we not have a twitter transfer news feed for Jan?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
£13m bid from West Brom?? Derisory! I hope we don't accept any less than £20m for him. We always let our players go on the cheap despite being shafted as a buying club. Still good luck to him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Perhaps I didn't have the same expectation of him as others did then. In my observation, he seemed to be a very good ball winner, and I'm sure I've seen many a stat in his time here about how he's won loads of tackles and stuff. I thought that was his role, as opposed to anything particularly creative. Maybe he was a bit better at Southampton than I'd recalled.
By others you mean the people in charge of choosing whether to play him, right? No-one expects him to be creative but you can't be a midfielder in a top team and hide from the ball. It's a dereliction of duty.

Makelele's the archetype for the ultra defensive midfielder but you never saw him hide from the ball. The idea that making a few tackles equates to doing a good job in midfield is absurd.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's staggering how bad he's been. To put it into perspective Fellaini has been miles better than him as a united player. Most players united sign as serious first team players at least have spells where they play well or look decent. Schneiderlin hasnt even had that.

What makes it all the more strange is how highly rated he was by caftards prior to his move here.

Man-United

Another awful signing from LvG. It's crazy how many players LvG signed that has failed here.

waza7111

I would accept £18 million for a player who's barely played for 18 months. But £13 million isn't enough for a 27 year old midfielder who was one of the best in the league just two seasons ago.

Manny

Grammar Police
Still don't want him to go.

He'll be an absolute revelation for whoever he signs for. Mark my words, a year from now he'll be rated as one of the best DM's in the league and a £30m+ rated player

That said, I completely trust Mourinho and I'm sure he'll have a brilliant DM lined up for the Summer
I said after the Wolfsburg home game last season that he doesn't have the personality to play for us and nothing I have seen since has changed my mind.

I'd fully expect him to fail again if he gets another big move after West Brom.

rockerlad

£13m bid from West Brom?? Derisory! I hope we don't accept any less than £20m for him. We always let our players go on the cheap despite being shafted as a buying club. Still good luck to him.
Totally agree £22m minimum

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's a shame really. In a team where simple passes and lots of running is required he's your man. Pogba and Herrera are head and shoulders over him, so no wonder he wants to leave.

No grudges, it just didn't work out. Wish him well for the future.

Kag

It's staggering how bad he's been. To put it into perspective Fellaini has been miles better than him as a united player. Most players united sign as serious first team players at least have spells where they play well or look decent. Schneiderlin hasnt even had that.

What makes it all the more strange is how highly rated he was by caftards prior to his move here.
This just isn't true. It was a very long time ago, and certainly feels longer than that, but Schneiderlin had good games during the first half of last season. Collectively, the wheels fell off the bus and the second half of the season turned into a bit of a mess on the whole. As for this season, he simply hasn't had a kick.

Personally, I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip and it's a shame how his time here has transpired.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I would accept £18 million for a player who's barely played for 18 months. But £13 million isn't enough for a 27 year old midfielder who was one of the best in the league just two seasons ago.
This. I think 18 would be fair.

Timdbro

Under Mourinho, Chelsea used to always sell for incredibly high fees...though they still do now he's gone. Maybe we'll get to find out whether Jose had anything to do with it - before him we'd have definitely moved Schneiderlin on for peanuts.

Varun

Staff

He'll come good at Everton as well. He's a good player, just that he's not good enough in the roles we have at the club. Has never been a deep lying playmaker like say Carrick, has never really been the deepest mid at Southampton. For the other 2 roles, we have vastly superior players in Herrera and Pogba.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
In this case the Caf opinion appears to chime with the opinion of his current and previous managers. He never stepped out of his shell and has no-one else to blame for that but himself. Not sad to see him go at all. Even Cleverley played with more courage.
That's been the biggest letdown for me with him; whether he has the ability or not remains to be seen because he never had the nerve to go out there and prove it one way or the other. To be so crippled by the stage and then be so inhibited at a club that demands the opposite is a real pity.

It could be said that he wasn't treated fairly, but at the same time, it's fair to say that what he delivered didn't warrant more chances, especially over others who were prepared to give it everything they had whether they came up short or not.

Ekeke

Mourinho's comments sound very similar to his comments about the sale of Mata at Chelsea.

Hopefully he knows what he's doing this time... Because forcing Mata out for Oscar was a pretty big mistake.

Von Mistelroum

BBC say £13m bid. Seems more realistic really, considering how awful he's been. If anything, we're ripping them off.

Manny

Grammar Police
This just isn't true. It was a very long time ago, and certainly feels longer than that, but Schneiderlin had good games during the first half of last season. Collectively, the wheels fell off the bus and the second half of the season turned into a bit of a mess on the whole. As for this season, he simply hasn't had a kick.

Personally, I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip and it's a shame how his time here has transpired.
Not really. The team had some wins and getting by, but it was by no means because of Schneiderlin.

It was a honeymoon period for him on here, but the same charges can be laid on him as they were later in the season, mainly hiding from the ball and deferring to Schweinsteiger.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thought he'd be great for us and even more so under Mourinho. Shame how it all went to shit for him, rated him very highly back at SOTON but it's the right call for the both parties - he won't feature much for us so why not recoup some money, plus he gets to play.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Fact is the 3 seasons between SAF and Jose, this has been an incredibly difficult club to come in and play for. Out of all the signings, only Martial came in and looked the real deal. Mata has grown and settled. Players like Blind and (I tried to think of another player here and struggled, which strengthens my point) have come in and done a job. Not much else.

Is every player we signed over that period a bad player? Not at all, imo. Summer 2015 was almost the perfect summer at the time. Rebuilt the midfield, added goals from out wide, a solid international RB and an exciting, potentially WC young player.

Bad recruitment is definitely part of it. Wrong players at the wrong time. Bad luck as well, usually Schniederlin is as safe a signing as you get. Premiership experienced, coming into his prime for a reasonable price as well.

I've asked this question before, would Morgan have settled and played well for Arsenal? Most likely yes. Would Morgan have settled and played well for United under SAF? I think yes. Only my opinion, of course.

I don't think Schniederlin is the problem here. It's happened too often with our signings over that period to be down to every single player.

On a positive, I hope that the fact the 4 signings from the summer have settled and begun to thrive, that that part of our history is over.

Truedevil

this place went more crazy when we signed Morgan than when we signed Bastian. :lol:

Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger
He just seemed such a perfect signing:( Exactly what we needed with the additional bonus of BFS.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
18mil would be great considering we would have already written off 1.5 years of the original transfer fee if we sell him in January.

MounchesterUtd

No chance we're getting some of that Chinese money, either from the Milan clubs or mainland China?

Ole90+3

Mourinho's comments sound very similar to his comments about the sale of Mata at Chelsea.

Hopefully he knows what he's doing this time... Because forcing Mata out for Oscar was a pretty big mistake.
Pretty big mistake? The evidence of the following season after Mata's transfer seems to point to the contrary.

Mourinho didn't force anyone out. Mata wasn't getting the game time he desired so he made the decision to leave. Chelsea got a fortune for him, and look like they are getting even more for Oscar.

Mourinho also won the league very convincingly the following season with no Mata, and with Oscar starting the majority of games. Who knows what might have happened if Mata had stayed and played instead of Oscar?

Status
Not open for further replies.