Morgan Schneiderlin | Free Agent

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We could do with a midfielder like Kante type player as DCM, Matic as holding midfielders and Pogba as a box to box player with a free licence to attack but I can't see us dominating every game under Jose Mourinho cos of tactical. If we had a manager like Pep, we could dominate the games in midfield.
Here's an idea: try backing our club, manager and players, rather than backing our rivals.
WTF is this place coming to when our own fans are appear to be in love with our rivals.

If you are a MCFC fan, then fair enough, you are backing your own manager.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I have no idea why he's suddenly so shit now. Really, he was a decent player at Southampton, United didn't buy him for no reason.

Nero

Remember when we signed Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, and Darmian all in the space of 2/3 days. Place was buzzing.

Revaulx

The Everton forum is hammering him.

I don’t really get what his role is meant to be? Defensive mid? Box to box?
He was good at both at Southampton; unbelievable as it now seems. I’m not having any of this played out of position or wrong system shite; he played under several managers there whose systems were broadly similar but hardly identical, and looked good in each.

deafepl

Here's an idea: try backing our club, manager and players, rather than backing our rivals.
WTF is this place coming to when our own fans are appear to be in love with our rivals.

If you are a MCFC fan, then fair enough, you are backing your own manager.
I think you are missing a point. He said we could dominate every game which I disagree with it because of Jose's tactical and he doesn't care about being so dominant. I picked up Pep Guardiola as an example of how he set his tactical up to dominate games and always obsessed with possession based football. We can do it if Jose wants us to play like this but it's not his cup of tea, that's it.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Once upon a time I thought he would be part of the solution to our midfield woes together with Schweinsteiger.

How wrong was I.

haram

Wonder which mug is gonna pay £20 million for him next.

Hephaestus

Booing him when he was coming on was awful. Not a fan of players getting booed ever but when a guy's about to come on while your team is 3-0 up it's ridiculous.

haram

Booing him when he was coming on was awful. Not a fan of players getting booed ever but when a guy's about to come on while your team is 3-0 up it's ridiculous.
He gets paid a shit load and it appears he doesn’t even try anymore.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
West Ham actually offered £20m in January.
That can't be true?

He doesn't impose himself on the pitch anymore, and sadly that was his only real strength as a midfielder. Looks useless for Everton

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
It was a case of Pochettino's system making him look good. I bet a few of the Spurs players would also be shite elsewhere.

Distracted Steward

Don't forget all the people on here arguing to the hilt that going for Kante was a waste because the club had Schneiderlin. Some were such neckbeards about it that I drifted from the 'Caf for a bit. Unbelievable how overrated he was by some.

His form at Everton--especially with Big Sam at the helm now--really makes me wonder how he was good enough at Southampton for United to go for him. It must have been the perfect set of circumstances. If Everton move him on, he might find himself pretty far down. At this point, he's fortunate the be at a club of Everton's stature. It's been a while since he's shown enough to warrant that.

Hitchez

He's the biggest nothing player i have ever seen at the club.
Good term to describe him.

Yet to watch a Schneiderlin game either for Everton or United where I've not wondered "What is he even doing on the pitch?". He's the footballing equivalence of the appendix. Nothing player who has no real purpose but can be real liability on his bad days.

That said, Everton fans booing him are a disgrace. Whether they like it or not, he's their player and his confidence dropping even further is only going to cause more harm. I just find players being booed by their own fans extremely uncomfortable to watch.

Reactions: Akshay

Wayne ahead of you

I think a good portion of the crowd was not so much booing Schneiderlin but rather disapproving Allardyce´s use of subs. Everton brought in a promising Turkish player who barely makes the team. Wouldn´t hurt giving him a few minutes of playing time when you´re 3-0 up.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good term to describe him.

Yet to watch a Schneiderlin game either for Everton or United where I've not wondered "What is he even doing on the pitch?". He's the footballing equivalence of the appendix. Nothing player who has no real purpose but can be real liability on his bad days.

That said, Everton fans booing him are a disgrace. Whether they like it or not, he's their player and his confidence dropping even further is only going to cause more harm. I just find players being booed by their own fans extremely uncomfortable to watch.
Got nothing to do with confidence. Morgan just doesn't give a shit, plain and simple. I'm surprised their fans didn't boo him before as he's been giving no effort since the beginning of the season for them.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's amazing how shit he's become. You cannot blame LVG or Man Utd anymore. He just isn't up to it anymore.
I fully blame Lvg for him, he totally destroyed his game, ripped it up and destroyed his confidence. Now he struggles ever since. I feel sorry for him, he was at a good level of performance at Southampton, that’s why we were excited to sign him. He looks a dead man walking now and that’s all on Lvg

Jazz

I fully blame Lvg for him, he totally destroyed his game, ripped it up and destroyed his confidence. Now he struggles ever since. I feel sorry for him, he was at a good level of performance at Southampton, that’s why we were excited to sign him. He looks a dead man walking now and that’s all on Lvg
Maybe we didn't look close enough at his performances at Southampton? Maybe some of us got caught up in the press hype?

Got nothing to do with LVG - it's all on the player and his attitude 100% imo. Tell me what happened under Mourinho then?
Morgan's fault, and I'm glad the Everton fans booed him.

golden_blunder

Staff
Got nothing to do with confidence. Morgan just doesn't give a shit, plain and simple. I'm surprised their fans didn't boo him before as he's been giving no effort since the beginning of the season for them.
I very much doubt that. Before united sold him, Mourinho made a point of saying he was a good guy and very professional

golden_blunder

Staff
Maybe we didn't look close enough at his performances at Southampton? Maybe some of us got caught up in the press hype?

Got nothing to do with LVG - it's all on the player and his attitude 100% imo. Tell me what happened under Mourinho then?
Morgan's fault, and I'm glad the Everton fans booed him.
See below. Mourinho liked him as a person and his attitude in training but Morgan wanted more playing time and Mourinho couldn’t guarantee him much so he agreed to let him leave. It’s well documented.

He was a good player at Southampton who crumbled when Lvg got his dirty mitts on him. One could argue that the coach and system at Southampton enabled him to play to his potential, but that doesn’t make him a bad player.

golden_blunder

Staff
It wasn’t press hype which saw him single handedly boss Chelsea’s midfield in a match I watched when he was at Southampton. The lad was a good player

Jazz

I very much doubt that. Before united sold him, Mourinho made a point of saying he was a good guy and very professional
You believe everything Jose says? If he really believed what he said, how comes he didn't fight harder to keep him? Look at the effort he's making for Fellaini? And how comes Morgan's play didn't improve the few times Mourinho put him on the pitch?

Anyway, let's agree to disagree.

golden_blunder

Staff
You believe everything Jose says? If he really believed what he said, how comes he didn't fight harder to keep him? Look at the effort he's making for Fellaini? And how comes Morgan's play didn't improve the few times Mourinho put him on the pitch?

Anyway, let's agree to disagree.
1. His confidence was already shot and Jose didn’t have the time to work on it as he needed to hit the ground running
2. Maybe Fellaini hasn’t actually asked to leave. Jose has said it several times for different players, if they ask to leave he won’t stand in their way

izec

If he was that good, you would expect him to bounce back. That LvG had a negative impact on him is understandable, but he is shit for years now. Surely van Gaal is not to blame only for that. It is not like he had a massive injury and lost his ability. It is also not the case that van Gaal tortured him for years and he cant cope. Schneiderlin is to blame for his poor form mainly

golden_blunder

Staff
If he was that good, you would expect him to bounce back. That LvG had a negative impact on him is understandable, but he is shit for years now. Surely van Gaal is not to blame only for that. It is not like he had a massive injury and lost his ability. It is also not the case that van Gaal tortured him for years and he cant cope. Schneiderlin is to blame for his poor form mainly
It was only less than 3 seasons ago. He didn’t play many games for Jose then Lvg-lite took over Everton.

I don’t like to see his attitude questioned when there is documented proof that he is a good professional

prath92

It was only less than 3 seasons ago. He didn’t play many games for Jose then Lvg-lite took over Everton.

I don’t like to see his attitude questioned when there is documented proof that he is a good professional
Who is LvG lite? Koeman bought him. Schneiderlin also played a whole season under Koeman at Southampton so it’s simply his attitude and nothing else.

He is a good professional in the sense that he didn’t refuse to train and didn’t object to playing in games like Mahrez did for instance. That’s probably what Mourinho meant in fairness

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Once upon a time I thought he would be part of the solution to our midfield woes together with Schweinsteiger.

How wrong was I.
Me too mate. I remember posting on here not long after he signed, that a midfield of Schweinsteiger, Sneiderlin and Herrera was the best in the premier league :nervous: