Most overrated show/film ever

Un4givableB

Breaking Bad is good but not in the same league as The Wire or The Sopranos.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Hold on, I just realized the room and room are two different movies. I've seen one movie from 2015 called room and it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Been seeing people speaking about it as one of the greater movies and never understood why. Now I know :lol:
:lol:

ChaddyP

House of Cards. Just a shit watered down version of Trumps reality show that is his Presidentcy

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Friends first few seasons are simply utter royalty, you take that back you #*&!
Could you be more wrong?

Friends is the best of the three I mentioned but is massively over rated.

Newsradio (about the same era as Friends) was miles better but was not shoved down everyone's throats for a decade.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Could you be more wrong?

Friends is the best of the three I mentioned but is massively over rated.

Newsradio (about the same era as Friends) was miles better but was not shoved down everyone's throats for a decade.
It was 'shoved down' everyones throats cos it was loved by millions of people, not the other way around. Friends is a great show for what it is, a lot of it is very funny, the characters are relatable and the comedy was very mainstream. I don't understand how people can actually dislike it, except for the fact that it's extremely popular and people like to go against what's popular.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
It was 'shoved down' everyones throats cos it was loved by millions of people, not the other way around. Friends is a great show for what it is, a lot of it is very funny, the characters are relatable and the comedy was very mainstream. I don't understand how people can actually dislike it, except for the fact that it's extremely popular and people like to go against what's popular.
THANK YOU!!!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't really dislike it, it's just massively over rated.

Lots of pretty actors and a shit load of publicity and repeats turned into a cultural icon when it was a decent sitcom.

We've seen with Big Bang Theory and 2 and a half men that any old shit gets popular if it's on telly all the time and people get used to watching it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What is Rick and Morty about anyway?
Nerdy pop-culture + existentialism. It's like the visual personification of a website like Reddit, which explains the **** following.
----
Breaking Bad for me. It's great and all, but it seems to have coincided with the time when modern TV shows seemed to gazump movies in the mind of the public a lot more, and BB reaped the rewards ten-fold.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Seems like most of the criticism Breaking Bad receives is from people who didn't finish it. The first four seasons are decent but the final one is special imo

I never felt compelled to finish it though I did actually watch the final seasons first couple of episodes then I got rid of Netflix that was months ago.

Unmutual

Seems like most of the criticism Breaking Bad receives is from people who didn't finish it. The first four seasons are decent but the final one is special imo
A 1 in 5 ratio is not exactly a great hit rate.

Tarrou

Hold on, I just realized the room and room are two different movies. I've seen one movie from 2015 called room and it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Been seeing people speaking about it as one of the greater movies and never understood why. Now I know :lol:
Room (2015) was pretty good, wasn't it?

It's no The Room (2003) admittedly, but it was decent.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I thought the 4th was great and the final series was a bit of a let down to be honest. It had some great episodes in it, but the actual ending was a bit disappointing.

Bole Top

easily Star Wars. even as a kid I couldn't get the hype and now it's even worse.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Breaking bad - everyone was banging on and on about it, I barely made it to the end of season 1 and found it a chore to watch.

Star wars - I've never been able to watch any of them start to finish. I try, but end up zoning out.

Big bang theory - watch one episode you've seen them all. Also I've never seen any show where almost every character is so annoying.

A Clockwork orange - always seemed like some art students pretentious project to me. Might be alright watching it while you're tripping, which I think the director probably was when shooting it.

The Breakfast club - always comes in top 10s of best 80s movies, it's boring from start to finish, poorly acted and cringe worthy at times (Estevez dancing, making out the ginger female form of Butthead is somehow the most popular and attractive girl in the school, Judd Nelson trying to be emotional)

The Office - couldn't stand it, didn't see the fascination at all. I did enjoy Extras and Derek though so it wasn't a Gervais dislike. Just seemed a poor man's Alan Partridge set in a mundane environment.

Akshay

Staff
Agree about Walking Dead. But you have found a new enemy if you think GoT and Spartacus are over rated (I dont even think Spartacus is rated that highly).
:nervous: I just find both shows to be mostly 'shock value'. Not really a fan of that kind of television. Spartacus might not be rated that highly, maybe just the people I know.

Parry Gallister

Always sunny in Philadelphia, hugely overrated and overstated how funny it is.

Compare it to a truly funny show like Arrested Development and it doesn't stand up.
Arrest Development. So over-rated, just because of call-backs and clever plotting.

Sunny was consistently good for a run until around 2 series ago, now it's hit and miss.

kps88

These overrated threads should just be re-titled "good things that I don't like".

Tarrou

Walking Dead is a weird one, isn't it? I don't actually know many people who rate it, but everyone watches it, and everyone moans like feck.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
You should really watch The Room then, it deserves all the praise that it gets.

JoaquinJoaquin

Walking Dead is a weird one, isn't it? I don't actually know many people who rate it, but everyone watches it, and everyone moans like feck.
I stopped watching it at season 7. I tried for dear life to hang on as I'd gone so far in but just couldn't do it anymore. Utter crap and nothing happens each episode yet it's one of the highest viewed shows on TV. Crazy.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
IT. (the original)
I don't know how many times I've read people saying the remake isn't a patch on the original. But that was utter shite too. The build up was suspenseful, but all that just to fight a fecking clown spider in the end.