Mourinho at full time: "Pogba a virus. You don't play. You don't respect players/fans" [Castles]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrywing

If Pogba's trying to throw his weight around as the center of some cadre looking up to him as 'Manchester born-and-bred' and top (previously) wage earner and figurehead of the new-and-improved Manchester United Project, then that's the single scenario under which I'd grant Mourinho some slack.

That scenario does jibe with the reports earlier in the season about players like DeGea and Mata and others 'being on Mourinho's side'. Highly professional players won't exactly take too kindly to anyone pulling anything like the above.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Mourinho is embarrassing the club on a daily basis. How he's still our manager is beyond me.

tedketterman

So hes gonna make paul a scapegoat for his bad play but not matic who has been downright atrocious this season. Matic cost the team a goal last game and despite being utter crap paul didn't.
It's not about performance for Mourinho though, it's about players listening to him and following his instructions. That's not me defending Matic or Mourinho by the way.

Rafaeldagold

He’s not wrong really- Pogba loses the ball so many times, tries flicks & tricks in our own box- I just don’t think he cares that much or he’s not good enough without a better midfield around him. Probably a mixture of both so I honestly wouldn’t care less if we sold him which is a shame as I was so excited when he came back.

hobbers

Hopefully we see the back of the pair of them before next season.

I mean it's almost impossibly tough on Pogba, forcing him to play with so many donkeys who can't control a football. But the attitude he's shown this season is a disgrace. Weak mentality, he's just a social media personality rather than a professional footballer.

Rob67

I liked both but i started to like manchester united more. I only really liked manchester city because my favorite player was mario balotelli when I became a football fan. I was a fan of raheem sterling so i continued to watch them. When i saw united for the first time i just liked them and the more i watched the more my like grew and now im a full blown united fan. Also Im american so the who rivals stuff doesnt register with me
Christ-on-a-bike. Football is dead.

reddaz71

Penny for Fergusons thoughts yesterday when Pogba not for the 1st time gave the ball away and did nothing to retrieve the situation, Pogba is a liability with a horrible attitude and zero work ethic, yes Mourinho needs to go, but make no mistake half the squad needs to go as well, including Pogba!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He's not wrong.

Jose is a cnut, but he's not wrong about Pogba.
I have thought for some time that there was a problem with the dressing room and it wouldn't surprise me if this is correct.

If correct then due to Pogba status the managers authority will be undermined.

These two need to be firmly told that Manchester United is far bigger than both of them and if they cannot be professional and work together then there is the door.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why are so many happy to make excuses for Pogba. He's a disgrace.

Litch

Hope he said, cause it will be a step closer to getting rid...

Oldyella

Penny for Fergusons thoughts yesterday when Pogba not for the 1st time gave the ball away and did nothing to retrieve the situation, Pogba is a liability with a horrible attitude and zero work ethic, yes Mourinho needs to go, but make no mistake half the squad needs to go as well, including Pogba!
Would prefer to see how he does under a different coach personally. We dont have enough good players we can afford to just give up on one of our better ones. If it was just him I might agree, but everyone looks terrible.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I have thought for some time that there was a problem with the dressing room and it wouldn't surprise me if this is correct.

If correct then due to Pogba status the managers authority will be undermined.

These two need to be firmly told that Manchester United is far bigger than both of them and if they cannot be professional and work together then there is the door.
Thing is Martial is best mates with the virus.

If the club shows that players are more powerful than the manager, the amount of top class managers who would want to join us will significantly decrease.

Hell, who would even join us now?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He’s not wrong really- Pogba loses the ball so many times, tries flicks & tricks in our own box- I just don’t think he cares that much or he’s not good enough without a better midfield around him. Probably a mixture of both so I honestly wouldn’t care less if we sold him which is a shame as I was so excited when he came back.
His attitude to games is the worst I've ever seen from any United player. It wouldn't be good enough in a school team.

It's not that he doesn't care that much, it's that in some games, like yesterday, he just doesn't seem to care at all. He is on the pitch to show off and hope people notice his haircut.

I've said this before but you wont find ANY world class players with Paul Pogba's attitude so I don't think there's any point trying to lay it on Mourinho...the fault with Mourinho for some time has been that he continues to put up with it.

The biggest waste of ability I've ever seen in a footballer. If he had his head even half screwed on he'd be the best player on the pitch 90% of the time.

Marcelinho87

I am more than happy to give Pogba another chance under another manager as he doesn't have a history of this stuff.

I believe this is ALL on Mou as he is quite simply put... a cnut.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Pogba is such a polarising player. When he plays well the general sentiment is that he's carrying the entire team. When he has a bad game the general sentiment is that he should be sold.

Personally I think we'll regret it if we sell him. His top level is unreal and even if he can't be a player we can reliably build around, he's more than capable of being a match-winner.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is trying to get himself sacked for the payoff.

He knows Pogba is a big personality, and is hoping he leads the revolt & goes to Woodward to basically say "It's him or me"

At this point, to be honest, I kind of want them both to feck off. Is Pogba worth the trouble he brings? Would hurt to see him smash it at PSG or Barca or Juve again though, not gonna lie.

:lol: You couldn't make this shit up. His world record signing and this is how it's turned out. Bloody hell.

Mou out. Howe in.
Would be a sensible and quite exciting appointment. Won't happen, we'll get someone box office like Zidane, or someone past their best like Ancelotti. We never learn.

Howe or Poch for me.

Green_Red

It's a lot less than I'd have said or done to Pogba, the little fecking child! Both of these are fecking useless. Such a shambles.

Infra-red

Pogba was abysmal yesterday, a total disgrace of a performance. He clearly isn't arsed about the club or the fans. Whatever Mourinho said to him in the dressing room at full time was well-deserved. Of course none of that changes the fact that Mourinho needs to be out the door about 5 minutes after Pogba.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I am more than happy to give Pogba another chance under another manager as he doesn't have a history of this stuff.

I believe this is ALL on Mou as he is quite simply put... a cnut.
He doesn't have history because he wasn't the best midfielder anywhere else he's played. He couldn't afford to pull that shit at Juve.

izec

Mourinho is embarrassing the club on a daily basis. How he's still our manager is beyond me.
He knows he wont get sacked. He could say Ed is a cnut with a small dick in an interview and he still would be here. It is absolutely laughable

Paul_Scholes18

Just kick Mourinho out as fast as we can. He has totally lost it. It almost look like he is fecking us on purpose to get fired given how bad he is managing us right now. If he does we need to fire him. If he doesn't we still need to fire him.
Just like Chelsea had to fire him 3 seasons ago when they fighted relegation.

There is no reason to hold onto him apart from our owners wanting to save come cash in the short term. Glaziers, Woodward, Mourinho all the diseases hurting this club. Pogba and the players might be infected from above, but I do think a new manager or owners could cure our players.

Dinghy

Mourinho really needs to go at this point. Even if he's 100% right about Pogba, he's still the main person at fault for it as he keeps picking him. He's changed the team around to fit Pogba in the position he supposedly wants to play in. He made him the fecking captain based on absolutely nothing. Why are you doing that for someone who apparently can't even be bothered to try?

I don't understand though how anyone can defend Pogba either at this point. Some of his performances and some of the stuff he does during a game, for a person of his ability, are geniunely disgraceful. It's not the odd one or two a season either. A majority of his performances over the last 2 years come into this category. It's weird how people's mindframes work for certain players. If we still had Rooney and he was putting in the performances that Pogba does, people on here would literally be calling for him to be murdered by now. Pogba is paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a week to be porefessional athlete, and he's coming out week after week and blatantly just taking the piss, while his team are struggling
You're blind, mate. Pogba has saved Mourinho's ass several times this season already.

decorativeed

If Jose really cared he'd drop Pogba and Matic and bring in Fred and Herrera with maybe McTominay in a 3 with them. Jose sticking to what doesn't work as he just wants his severance pack to be on his way
Exactly. Since pre-season, it's been obvious that Jose is set on sabotaging the season to prove a point about how he should have been allowed to waste more money on players he could develop no faith in.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s quite amazing how many fools Mourinho has brainwashed in this thread.

Yes Pogba had a bad game but people agreeing he’s a virus and needs selling are absolutely deluded.

He lost the ball because he’s the only person who’s brave enough to actually make forward passes.

Who else is going to create in this midfield? Fellaini? Mctominay? Matic? God no.

I swear to god Mourinho is doing this on purpose. He’s throwing matches on purpose and causing friction throughout the team.

There’s no way this will sustain until March/April surely.

Paul_Scholes18

Hopefully we see the back of the pair of them before next season.

I mean it's almost impossibly tough on Pogba, forcing him to play with so many donkeys who can't control a football. But the attitude he's shown this season is a disgrace. Weak mentality, he's just a social media personality rather than a professional footballer.
He might not have amazing mentality to stand up in a storm, but it could change around if he got a winner of a manager around him. He has done well for France as an example.

People talked about the bad mentality of the Chelsea guys under Mourinho too. They won the league after he left.

AndyJ1985

This club is a shambles. It's times like this we need a real leader to step in and take control of the situation. Instead we have the witless twat Woodward, who's about as useful as a snooze button on a smoke alarm.

In Rainbows

You're blind, mate. Pogba has saved Mourinho's ass several times this season already.
People have short memories. It's just ridiculous that after de Gea, the best player at our club is now a huge problem. Might as well sell everybody at the club if that's the standard.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Jose is an asshole and a busted flush who needs to be sacked asap, but he's not wrong. Pogba is an arrogant pointless primadonna with a lazy side that just pisses me off.
Problem is if he respects the shirt and plays better it means mourinho lasts for longer. From a player's perspective why would you give 100% if you hate him?
Ummmm, because of the huge salary he gets to do a job he currently isn't doing, pride, self respect, some respect for the supporters and the club, and to prove you are the bigger man.

What did Matic do? Stop picking on Pogba it’s damn right deluded. Would Liverpool fans criticise Gerrard.
Stop picking on him? He's picking up a six figure salary whilst mugging off the club and the supporters, he can piss off along with Jose.

MDFC Manager

Somehow Pogba has issues with only this particular manager. With other managers, Pogba and his team have both excelled.

I wonder why that might be...

Paul_Scholes18

It’s quite amazing how many fools Mourinho has brainwashed in this thread.

Yes Pogba had a bad game but people agreeing he’s a virus and needs selling are absolutely deluded.

He lost the ball because he’s the only person who’s brave enough to actually make forward passes.

Who else is going to create in this midfield? Fellaini? Mctominay? Matic? God no.

I swear to god Mourinho is doing this on purpose. He’s throwing matches on purpose and causing friction throughout the team.

There’s no way this will sustain until March/April surely.
Yepp I think Mourinho has turned people a lot against the players more than just saying they are having bad games. It is clear that they are all playing poorly at the moment, but when that is the case the manager is usually the one to blame. Just fire him and see if things can turn around.

Trizy

This club would really test you as a fan the past 5 years. We've not gotten better regardless of what money we throw at the problem.

We're slowly turning into Liverpool of the past 25 years.

Not only have we to replace the manager but we have to replace half the fecking team. You cannot buy a new XI in 1/2 seasons. We also won't be able to sell the shit we have. Midtable players, midtable manager.. and we wonder why we have -GD and in midtable?

Status
Not open for further replies.