Mourinho at full time: "Pogba a virus. You don't play. You don't respect players/fans" [Castles]

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

So we should just be grateful he tried once 10 games ago? Doing the job that he's paid millions a year for is 'saving the manager's ass'?
Mate, you can say all that, but just look at the ratings from this very forum. Pogba is the highest after Shaw.
Herrera 5.2
Jones 4.0
Pogba 5.9
Lindelof 5.8
Rashford 4.7
Matic 4.6
Martial 5.7
Lukaku 4.3
Young 5.0
Fellaini 5.7
Lingard 4.6
Shaw 6.1
Fred 5.4
Smalling 5.5

If you go by whoscored, Pogba is also rated the highest (Darmian only appeared twice). Wherever you look, he's one of our top players. You guys are blinded by something. Not sure what it is, but you guys clearly don't like the guy.

Not true. Shaw and Martial have been really good. Rashford put in a very good performance yesterday. Our star man didn't bother showing up.
This reads like it's about yesterday's performance. And if that's the case, it's fair. However, when judging the entire season it's wrong to suggest Pogba is one of the biggest problems at United.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Well, he's not wrong if it is true.

Pogba doesn't respect the club or its supporters and, the way he carries on in my opinion, he is the most overrated footballer I've ever seen at the club

Both should just piss off

Has he though?

Our wins are against Leicester, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle, Everton, Bournemouth - I'd say our best players have been Shaw, Lukaku, didn't watch the Watford game, Pogba, Martial and Martial, respectively.

Pogba was our best player vs Young Boys and the worst against Juventus.
This is such nonsense! He's been awful since the season started.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Has he though?

Our wins are against Leicester, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle, Everton, Bournemouth - I'd say our best players have been Shaw, Lukaku, didn't watch the Watford game, Pogba, Martial and Martial, respectively.

Pogba was our best player vs Young Boys and the worst against Juventus.
If you actually think that Shaw and Lukaku were better during this set of games then there is no point discussing. Lukaku has been good in one of these games and it was against Burnley, Shaw was also better than Pogba during that game, Pogba was better in almost all the other games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You either didn't watch the game or you're so blinkered in your assessment that you're trying to distort reality to fit your view.

He didn't lose the ball because he was being creative in his passing. His passing stats were fine, if safe. No through balls, no key passes, but around half forward. Alright.

He lost the ball a lot because he was playing like a fecking clown when he got the ball. He took 17 touches when he could have moved the ball on in one or two. He was disposed more times than anyone has been in the Premier League this season because he was preening around in the middle of the pitch doing fecking nothing other than pointless tricks and flicks.

If it's deluded to think that's not good enough from a United midfielder then fecking sign me up.
I’ve already stated he had a poor game, but I’m not blind enough to realise we’d be much worse without him.

Pogba has days like this and it’s just what we have to accept, but 9/10 he’s positive.

It just makes me laugh that Matic has had performances like that for WEEKS in a row, but not a mention. Jose clearly hates flair players and wants a team of simple robots who are soldiers. Get Jose out and find a manager that can work with talented players ffs

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
New car sticker available in the club shop: 'Honk if you've been manipulated by Jose'.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's drained the confidence out of almost all our players with Pogba being an exception. Now he's turning on him again but he's met his match and will only lose that battle. The board cannot and will not sacrifice our best player for a manager who's totally lost it. If that did happen I'll be joining the I'm out brigade.
Exactly. Confidence plays big part and all of our players are very low on confidence. Also having Jose as manager won't help in these cases. Our players have showed it with their national teams and also with their previous clubs that they are good players. With the way Jose sets up the team, everyone looks shit.

Bugs Bunny

Supports
Manchester City
This is just what Mourinho does. Turn players against him, against each other and fans against fans. We saw it with Mancini and when the rot sets in the only way to eradicate it is to get rid of the cause.

Having said that, Pogba does seem to be taking the piss out of you guys most of the time. He should be showing more professionalism and respect to the fans who ultimately pay his wages.

NinjaFletch

This is such nonsense! He's been awful since the season started.
If you actually think that Shaw and Lukaku were better during this set of games then there is no point discussing. Lukaku has been good in one of these games and it was against Burnley, Shaw was also better than Pogba during that game, Pogba was better in almost all the other games.
He said 'respectively' hence he was talking about Lukaku's game against Burnley.

He scored twice in that game and Pogba missed a penalty (although it was probably one of Pogba's better performances).

Reddy Rederson

I wouldnt call him a virus, a cnut maybe, but not a virus. Unless his shitty attitude is spreading to others? I honestly couldnt give a feck if jose is the worst manager/coach in the world, no player plays for the manager. They play for the club and the fans. Anything less than their best effort is a fecking disgrace and they deserve to be attacked for it.

Adam-Utd

So we should just be grateful he tried once 10 games ago? Doing the job that he's paid millions a year for is 'saving the manager's ass'?
yeah ok then :lol: keep the hate up buddy

JPRouve

Scout
He said 'respectively' hence he was talking about Lukaku's game against Burnley.

He scored twice in that game and Pogba missed a penalty (although it was probably one of Pogba's better performances).
I didn't read him properly.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I wouldnt call him a virus, a cnut maybe, but not a virus. Unless his shitty attitude is spreading to others? I honestly could give a feck if jose is the worst manager/coach in the world, no player plays for the manager. They play for the club and the fans. Anything less than their best effort is a fecking disgrace and they deserve to be attacked for it.
I think that's what Mourinho meant. Sort of like an anti-Keane, where Pogba's lack of attitude and determination inspires our players to lower their own efforts.

Melville Red

Fergie did not do that. He wanted him to stay. That narrative needs to die.
I'm not going to dispute what you said, I've heard it before but can you please point me to where I can hear that from Fergies own lips or tell me where you read it?
As I've said, I've heard it before but have never got this direct from the horses mouth so to speak.
Thanks.

Steerpike

Mourinho should certainly be sacked asap, but I can't disagree with his assessment of Pogba. He's supposed to be our marquee player, but he continually plays in a way which suggests he has no interest. What sort of effect is that likely to have on the players around him? If anything, Mourinho should have been having that conversation with Pogba months ago.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Howe? Really? What makes you think he will be able to handle a job this size and dressing room full of egos?

What has he won?

I like Howe but I think calling for him to be manger of Manchester United FC is a bit of a stretch. And a huge gamble.
It's a gamble no matter who we get. Jose was supposed to be a sure thing, but how's that working out?

Melville Red

Mate, you can say all that, but just look at the ratings from this very forum. Pogba is the highest after Shaw.
Herrera 5.2
Jones 4.0
Pogba 5.9
Lindelof 5.8
Rashford 4.7
Matic 4.6
Martial 5.7
Lukaku 4.3
Young 5.0
Fellaini 5.7
Lingard 4.6
Shaw 6.1
Fred 5.4
Smalling 5.5

If you go by whoscored, Pogba is also rated the highest (Darmian only appeared twice). Wherever you look, he's one of our top players. You guys are blinded by something. Not sure what it is, but you guys clearly don't like the guy.

This reads like it's about yesterday's performance. And if that's the case, it's fair. However, when judging the entire season it's wrong to suggest Pogba is one of the biggest problems at United.
"Lies lies and damn statistics". Well if Pogba rates so highly I think all those statistics go to show is what we all ready know.

We are truly, as its Sunday I'll keep it civil. We are truly bloody awful.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Pogba is one of the most technically gifted players to ever pull on our shirt but his attitude at times is abhorrent. And he’s not alone in that, in my opinion. There are several players in that dressing-room who fall into a similar bracket. I’m just fed up of the whole fecking lot of them to be honest. Making a complete mockery of a proud footballing institution.

Judas

Open to offers
Pogba is one of the most technically gifted players to ever pull on our shirt but his attitude at times is abhorrent. And he’s not alone in that, in my opinion. There are several players in that dressing-room who fall into a similar bracket. I’m just fed up of the whole fecking lot of them to be honest. Making a complete mockery of a proud footballing institution.
Yeah tend to do agree with this quite a bit. I think Pogba is a brilliant player, so above a lot of our team, but he doesn't deliver nearly as much as he should, and we pay the price for that, because he's key to everything good about us.

LoveFootball

Only an United fan can wish their best player to be sold for the sake of a stupid argument that "no player is bigger than the manager". Some of us should wake up from the SAF's dream. There are players who are bigger than the manager, even bigger than a club. If you upset your star player and you want to get rid then a dozen of big club will jump on the chance of signing him and will be ready to improve his wage.

How can a manager call his record signing a virus? how is this possible? Only at United this can be allowed to happen. If Mourinho isn't sacked this month, then I fear that Woodward and the Glazers are happy with him and he's here to stay.

The only viruses rotting this club are Mourinho, Woodward and the Glazers. Those 3 have turned this club into a circus.

Bobski

They should both go, though you have to laugh at a man like Mourinho calling out others for having a shit attitude which impedes others.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm not going to dispute what you said, I've heard it before but can you please point me to where I can hear that from Fergies own lips or tell me where you read it?
As I've said, I've heard it before but have never got this direct from the horses mouth so to speak.
Thanks.
It's in his book, he said that the club was eager to extend Pogba to a 3 years contract but Raiola came in the middle of the talks and convinced Pogba to move to Juventus. Though he also says that it was probably for the best because he hates Raiola due to their first encounter.

Mainoldo

Stop picking on him? He's picking up a six figure salary whilst mugging off the club and the supporters, he can piss off along with Jose.
He’s our best player you fool!! Get a grip. Since when is it ideal to sell your best player. The fans are a stupid as the manager as far as I can see. No wonder why Woodward doesn’t have the balls the sack him. The supportors wouldn’t burst a grap in a food fight.

SirAF

Ageist
Only an United fan can wish their best player to be sold for the sake of a stupid argument that "no player is bigger than the manager". Some of us should wake up from the SAF's dream. There are players who are bigger than the manager, even bigger than a club. If you upset your star player and you want to get rid then a dozen of big club will jump on the chance of signing him and will be ready to improve his wage.

How can a manager call his record signing a virus? how is this possible? Only at United this can be allowed to happen. If Mourinho isn't sacked this month, then I fear that Woodward and the Glazers are happy with him and he's here to stay.

The only viruses rotting this club are Mourinho, Woodward and the Glazers. Those 3 have turned this club into a circus.
Like people have said, Mourinho will only be sacked once CL qualification is unattainable. Just like Moyes and van Gaal.

Adam-Utd

Herrera 5.2
Jones 4.0
Pogba 5.9
Lindelof 5.8
Rashford 4.7
Matic 4.6
Martial 5.7
Lukaku 4.3
Young 5.0
Fellaini 5.7
Lingard 4.6
Shaw 6.1
Fred 5.4
Smalling 5.5

Nice to see there’s still somebody in this forum with some sense!

Not even messi would look good in this team.

No structure, no width, no movement.

We rely on individuals pulling something out the bag, luckily for Jose Rashford ran his socks off in trying. Another one of those he criticises so regularly.

Adam-Utd

Yes, i don't agree with you that he gives his best every game so i 'hate' him.:houllier::lol:
You said once in 10 which is clearly exaggerating for dramatic effect. Rife with agenda.

NinjaFletch

I’ve already stated he had a poor game, but I’m not blind enough to realise we’d be much worse without him.

Pogba has days like this and it’s just what we have to accept, but 9/10 he’s positive.

It just makes me laugh that Matic has had performances like that for WEEKS in a row, but not a mention. Jose clearly hates flair players and wants a team of simple robots who are soldiers. Get Jose out and find a manager that can work with talented players ffs
Well this is our most basic point of disagreement. I fundamentally don't think we do, and I would suggest that the only reason you do is because our standards have fallen so low we've forgotten what standards we used to hold players to in the past.

In Rainbows

Thanks.
United’s growing sense of alarm over Pogba prompted Ferguson to urge Patrice Evra and Rio Ferdinand to mentor the youngster and persuade him that his future lay at Old Trafford. Ferdinand took Pogba aside in the corridors of the Amsterdam Arena, prior to a Europa League tie against Ajax – which he did not feature in – to give his young team-mate a pep talk about his value to the club, while Evra went further.

“Sir Alex Ferguson sent me to his house to convince him [Pogba] to stay,” Evra said. “He knew that he could become better than Vieira, but he had decided. Ferguson knew that Pogba would become very strong, but also that he could not force the issue.”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...for-first-return-to-City-since-departure.html

Status
Not open for further replies.