Mourinho at full time: "Pogba a virus. You don't play. You don't respect players/fans" [Castles]

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

He's not wrong.

Jose is a cnut, but he's not wrong about Pogba.
Wasn't Pogba and martial the duo who saved his job.
The twat said the same things about Hazard and Debruyne before selling him.
Matic and have been far worse than Pogba but naah let's make him the scape goat.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mourinho really needs to go at this point. Even if he's 100% right about Pogba, he's still the main person at fault for it as he keeps picking him. He's changed the team around to fit Pogba in the position he supposedly wants to play in. He made him the fecking captain based on absolutely nothing. Why are you doing that for someone who apparently can't even be bothered to try?

I don't understand though how anyone can defend Pogba either at this point. Some of his performances and some of the stuff he does during a game, for a person of his ability, are geniunely disgraceful. It's not the odd one or two a season either. A majority of his performances over the last 2 years come into this category. It's weird how people's mindframes work for certain players. If we still had Rooney and he was putting in the performances that Pogba does, people on here would literally be calling for him to be murdered by now. Pogba is paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a week to be porefessional athlete, and he's coming out week after week and blatantly just taking the piss, while his team are struggling
I wont defend Pogba because there is nothing to defend or attack. Pogba has always been inconsistent and vulnerable to pressure. The only issue is with people that have spent years fantasizing about a player that doesn't exist and has never existed, Pogba will do dumb things when he feels the pressure. He has been like that for France for a very long time and I can assure you that he cares a lot.

steakpie

Mourinho is clueless but who's leaking this information? It's unacceptable.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Matic and have been far worse than Pogba but naah let's make him the scape goat.
What does that have to do with Pogba's professionalism?

You can only look at the penalty incident with Sanchez at the start of the season that set the tone of the squad. All to take that stupid penalty of his, to satisfy his personal ego. The guy is a detriment to squad harmony.

This does not obsolve Jose of being a cnut for the record, both aren't mutually exclusive.

Borden

It's remarkable how bad our movement is and how deep our players are though. So many times yesterday when Pogba got the ball he had literally no good options to play; 8-9 players were behind him, there were no players in decent forward positions or making space for themselves, and no players were storming forward to provide an option. Don't get me wrong, he makes way too many silly and unnecessary mistakes, but not sure how much we can reasonably expect him (or anyone else) to do when the team is so defensive, static and terribly disjointed.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
His attitude to games is the worst I've ever seen from any United player. It wouldn't be good enough in a school team.

It's not that he doesn't care that much, it's that in some games, like yesterday, he just doesn't seem to care at all. He is on the pitch to show off and hope people notice his haircut.

I've said this before but you wont find ANY world class players with Paul Pogba's attitude so I don't think there's any point trying to lay it on Mourinho...the fault with Mourinho for some time has been that he continues to put up with it.

The biggest waste of ability I've ever seen in a footballer. If he had his head even half screwed on he'd be the best player on the pitch 90% of the time.
When I think about most of our former player who were proper Manchester United players; total commitment, total believe in the club and it's supporters, never knowing they were beaten and total pride in their performance, it makes my blood boil when I see talented players like Pogba displaying such a careless attitude.

One thing I cannot forgive any United player is thinking they are bigger than the club.

I have one message for him - turn up and play or take your bad attitude as far away from OT as possible.

Toddler

I wont defend Pogba because there is nothing to defend or attack. Pogba has always been inconsistent and vulnerable to pressure. The only issue is with people that have spent years fantasizing about a player that doesn't exist and has never existed, Pogba will do dumb things when he feels the pressure. He has been like that for France for a very long time and I can assure you that he cares a lot.
These. I believe Pogba has saved Mous job already many times, with Martial. It is not Pogba thats the Virus, even though he could play better. The Virus is all over the place which culminates to the Manager. Mou Out.

Andersons Dietician

Why are so many happy to make excuses for Pogba. He's a disgrace.
Can’t speak for others but I look at his performance yesterday and yeah it was awful but there are reasons for this. The amount of times you could see him looking for a pass, gesturing for people to make a run and then having words with people asking them why they didn’t make the run forced him to hold on to the ball too long and get caught.

Now I’d prefer he didn’t get caught on the ball and when he realises people aren’t making the run just move it on somewhere safe but I’d want a player that backs himself to be able to hold the ball, there were also moments of his class yesterday when he held off two and beat a 3rd player. There were moments of absolute cross like when he was looking up the pitch to see a pass then tried to pull the ball back from a defender and missed it.

Personally we as a team and the way we play just don’t use or get the best out of him and he doesn’t give us his best often enough. In a better team under a better manager he’d thrive.

If anyone is a virus then it’s clearly Jose as he’s been slowly eating away atthe would of the club for 2 years now.

Melville Red

Feck them off both.
Couldn't agree more, there was a very good reason Fergie fecked him off in the first place. Why oh why we splashed that amount on him and actually got him back I don't know.
Just look at Juventus, hardly missed him have they, in fact they are probably better. Pogba must be the most highly over rated player in the world right now.
I didn't think much of him after a few months at OT, people were saying how great he is and he just needs to re settle.
Well I'd like him to settle on a flight out of Manchester to anywhere in the world never to come back to these shores, he's just a showboating twat who can't even showboat properly.
Rant over, deep breath.
Oh and sack Mourinho, he wanted him and has built our team and wonderful performing players and football around him. Roll on mid day, as its Sunday I'll have a glass something.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba shouldn’t have “turned up” and tried when he saved his ass against Newcastle and turned the game by himself.

feck all you guys :lol: unbelievably short memories. If anybody doesn’t give a shit it’s clearly Jose. If only he coached as well as he talked :rolleyes:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think Mourinho has a point, Pogba's attitude and on-pitch demeanour can be awful at times.

That said, it's hard to take any criticism from Mourinho seriously when he is a manager who has failed at this club, is on borrowed time and has a track record of needlessly criticising players. I don't see why Pogba would care what he says.

Also, it's not like Pogba was ever a "mad dog" type player. It would be like buying Ozil and then complaining about his attitude on the pitch.

Would quite happily see both leave.

Sing you a song

We
Penny for Fergusons thoughts yesterday when Pogba not for the 1st time gave the ball away and did nothing to retrieve the situation, Pogba is a liability with a horrible attitude and zero work ethic, yes Mourinho needs to go, but make no mistake half the squad needs to go as well, including Pogba!
Fergie saw the issues with Pogba and let him go he is a talented player but an ego maniac only cares about himself and his own publicity a horrendous team player .
Fergie dislikes him then and would have hated him now .
He’s a bad influence on all around him if any other team would be stupid enough to offer our money back on him and risk his influence on there team I would happily drive him to the airport

Needham

I was totally against bringing back Pogba, said so in the threads that preceded his 90 million pound return. There was just a bad smell about re-signing someone our greatest ever manager had reason to let go, and it was symptomatic of the directionless thrashing about post-Fergie that continues today. Pogba is obviously not a front man carrying the team, he's just a top talent who wants to do brilliant things on the pitch. But he doesn't do that many and when he fecks up it costs us. A real frustration. He needs a superb captain figure alongside him to liberate him from responsibility. Mourinho might have some twisted tendentious reasons for singling him out but I understand his disappointment.

Shinjch

Pogba was shite yesterday, but if this is true it is just a further embarrassment to add to the list from Jose. The manager needs to go.

Paul_Scholes18

Pogba shouldn’t have “turned up” and tried when he saved his ass against Newcastle and turned the game by himself.

feck all you guys :lol: unbelievably short memories. If anybody doesn’t give a shit it’s clearly Jose. If only he coached as well as he talked :rolleyes:
He is bloody negative when he talks and if he is the same with the players that spread for sure.

In Rainbows

Mourinho is a cunning one. Now this comes out and instead of just focusing on his shite performance as a manager, the focus brings along Pogba who although rightly deserves criticism for yesterday's performance, is now making fans turn on him even though he's been one of United's best players this season.

Unbelievable.

Canagel

Oh lovely should mean some more of Matic, McTominay and Fellaini .whatever man I don't give a shite anymore .

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If Pogba's a virus for anything, it is for Mourinho's bullshit tactics and approach to football which is ruining our club. Let's hope the virus wins.

Shark

@NotShark

Yep, after one bad performance in God knows how many weeks, he’s shite again. Mourinho is clearly the one that needs to be fecked far away from this club, it shouldn’t even be a debate. Letting Pogba go would only cement our place as a mid table club. He’s one of our only players that can control a football for a start.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

So we should just be grateful he tried once 10 games ago? Doing the job that he's paid millions a year for is 'saving the manager's ass'?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
You're blind, mate. Pogba has saved Mourinho's ass several times this season already.
Pogba this season is like di Maria in his only season. Capable of moments of brilliance but generally lacklustre and frustrating to watch.

doriandun

This will be a blessing in disguise, Mourinho only played three in the middle because of Pogba, he now can revert back to type with 4-2-3-1, with two of Matic,Herrera and Fred in midfield, with Martial on the left, Linguard or Mata thru the middle and Rashford on the right, and Fellani the super sub.

NinjaFletch

It’s quite amazing how many fools Mourinho has brainwashed in this thread.

Yes Pogba had a bad game but people agreeing he’s a virus and needs selling are absolutely deluded.

He lost the ball because he’s the only person who’s brave enough to actually make forward passes.

Who else is going to create in this midfield? Fellaini? Mctominay? Matic? God no.

I swear to god Mourinho is doing this on purpose. He’s throwing matches on purpose and causing friction throughout the team.

There’s no way this will sustain until March/April surely.

You either didn't watch the game or you're so blinkered in your assessment that you're trying to distort reality to fit your view.

He didn't lose the ball because he was being creative in his passing. His passing stats were fine, if safe. No through balls, no key passes, but around half forward. Alright.

He lost the ball a lot because he was playing like a fecking clown when he got the ball. He took 17 touches when he could have moved the ball on in one or two. He was disposed more times than anyone has been in the Premier League this season because he was preening around in the middle of the pitch doing fecking nothing other than pointless tricks and flicks.

If it's deluded to think that's not good enough from a United midfielder then fecking sign me up.

Infra-red

Mourinho is a cunning one. Now this comes out and instead of just focusing on his shite performance as a manager, the focus brings along Pogba who although rightly deserves criticism for yesterday's performance, is now making fans turn on him even though he's been one of United's best players this season.

Unbelievable.
They both need to go and, by the looks of it, both very much want to go. Good riddance to the pair of them - I hope they end up at the same club, they deserve eachother.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So we should just be grateful he tried once 10 games ago? Doing the job that he's paid millions a year for is 'saving the manager's ass'?
Pogba has been our best player and the best player on the field in almost all our wins and he has been our best player in almost all our losses too. You can be frustrated by all his flaws and weaknesses but don't be ridiculous, it only weakens your credibility.

CA1

Pogba will worm his way out in the summer whether Mourinho is here or not.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Pogba has been our best player and the best player on the field in almost all our wins and he has been our best player in almost all our losses too. You can be frustrated by all his flaws and weaknesses but don't be ridiculous, it only weakens your credibility.
Has he though?

Our wins are against Leicester, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle, Everton, Bournemouth - I'd say our best players have been Shaw, Lukaku, didn't watch the Watford game, Pogba, Martial and Martial, respectively.

Pogba was our best player vs Young Boys and the worst against Juventus.

Vadim

One of my favourite things when Jose fecks off is that Castles will go back to hating us again.

Can’t stand that bland, bald cnut.

Canagel

He's drained the confidence out of almost all our players with Pogba being an exception. Now he's turning on him again but he's met his match and will only lose that battle. The board cannot and will not sacrifice our best player for a manager who's totally lost it. If that did happen I'll be joining the I'm out brigade.
This cannot be ignored. The confidence and joy has been sucked out of those players one by one Pogba seems to have kept going for as long as he could but threw in the towel yesterday. Did you hear what Fred said? He's already frustrated with his game time and it cost him his place in the last Brazilian squad . More problems are coming if we keep this clown in charge.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
What does this team look like in two years time if Jose is still manager?

reddevil80

It's easy sorted, get rid of Mourinho and see if another manager/coach could get anything out of Pogba. Only caught the last 25 minutes so can't say about rest of the game but my god, I slept last night. Pogba doesn't seem to want to play for JM, but then again, neither does anyone else, aside from Fellaini that is.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If those quotes are to be believed, and I'd take it with a grain of salt, then I think that's really it for Mourinho. Pogba was going through the motions last night, a few others were too and we needed more from him. Problem for the manager is that players like Pogba are the ones he's going to be relying on to get him out of this tough run of form, which could be where the anger stems from, he's already had to rely on him and Martial a few times this season to get us out of a bad situation.

Fellaini and Matic might play for Mourinho but relatively speaking they're shite, whether he likes it or not they're not the ones who're going to be getting us through patches like this. I'd take Mourinho's criticism more seriously if I thought he wasn't just scapegoating, he wants "mad dogs" then plays the most immobile team possible, it's baffling. He's scapegoating his best player, he probably expects more from him which is fair, but if he's going to call out players then he needs to call them all out ideally.

Shaw, Young, Matic, McTominay and Fellaini were nowhere near good enough yesterday, Lukaku I'll cut some slack because he was actually trying. It's just two sets of rules for Mourinho and the players he likes/dislikes, he should criticise them all equally not singling out people. We've seen it before with Hazard at Chelsea and De Bruyne before he left Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.