Mourinho at full time: "Pogba a virus. You don't play. You don't respect players/fans" [Castles]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Have to give to Mourinho, he knows the fans have turned on him and the pressure on so he goes to and lets this leak out to get some fans take his side and change the topic. Did it last season too. Of courses he uses his PR man in the press to leak it too

It's very hard to take Mourinho seriously and agree with him when he sticks with Matic.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Maurizio Sarri is understood to have called Eden Hazard “a virus” in the dressing room at full time.
Jurgen Klopp is understood to have called Mo Salah “a virus” in the dressing room at full time.
Pep Guardiola is understood to have called Kevin De Bruyne “a virus” in the dressing room at full time.

You've got cash coming out of your ears, why are you putting up with this ? Just sack the idiot already. Don't get me wrong i absolutely love it and the whole league probably is but, you're no longer just wasting a season, you're actually damaging the identity and the respect your club earned.
It's a ridiculous situation and i hope it keeps going just so Mourinho's career at the top level ends here.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We're definitely in a tailspin right now. It's just a matter of when not if Mourinho is sacked, and given the way things are I don't believe it will take until top 4 is mathematically impossible.

It's clear he has lost the dressing room (or big parts of it). And when the games come thick and fast and injuries pile up the manager has to field players who don't want to play for him.

What I find incredible is that there are people here who don't mind Pogba's lack of professionalism because he doesn't like the manager. Staggering really. Like @noodlehair said earlier here, he has all the talent in the world and could easily be among the world's best if he had any inkling of a professional attitude.

Last night's performance wasn't a bad performance, it was atrocious. No commitment, no desire, he clearly didn't care. The fact he's had good games this season (or parts of games) doesn't excuse last night now does it. You just can't have that, ever.

mancan92

Honestly don't know why people slaughter pogba. He has been out best player this season and the best player throughout Jose's reign. He isn't perfect but 9/10 he is our only spark of life. I'm ok with him having bad games because more often than not he is by far our best outfield player.

The worst thing about the whole thing is slaughtering pogba whilst having the likes of matic and lukaku absolutely killing the spirit of the team with their bad play yet not getting anything from the manager.

Bobski

He will go to PSG, spend a fortune, fall out with Neymar when he refuses to play LWB and get knocked out in a CL SF playing shit football.

Bratt

I stopped supporting man city about a year ago but I dont know how to change it
Click on your name at the top of the screen, in the pop-up window click ‘personal details’.
Scroll down to find ‘supports’, edit and save.

cathari

Honestly don't know why people slaughter pogba. He has been out best player this season and the best player throughout Jose's reign. He isn't perfect but 9/10 he is our only spark of life. I'm ok with him having bad games because more often than not he is by far our best outfield player.
Amen.

Green_Red

Mourinho is like a child as well as Pogba. Jose has never grown up.

But but but if Jose had been backed in the summer, he wouldn’t call Pogba a virus!

Sick of it all. Season is a mess.
what has being backed or not got to do with our current form or the way Pogba saunters around the pitch like he's playing 5 aside with his mates?

Both of these are toxic and need to go, with Woodward.

Infra-red

With Pogba's current contract, I've no idea why you'd be so sure we'd be that quick to bin off one of our most important players.
He and his agent have been desperately trying to get him out since May. There's only so long a club will put up with that. He'll have two years left on his deal at the end of this season - the last chance for us to properly cash in.

He'll have to be careful though - too many more performances like yesterday and he'll be lucky if anyone is actually interested.

Vadim

what has being backed or not got to do with our current form or the way Pogba saunters around the pitch like he's playing 5 aside with his mates?

Both of these are toxic and need to go, with Woodward.
I was being sarcastic. It’s the Jose ****’s reply to everything “Jose wasn’t backed though.”

Judas

Open to offers
I'm fairly certain come next season Pogba will still be here. Too important an asset, and he's the sort of player that an incoming manager would be desperate to keep.

Reddy Rederson

Only an United fan can wish their best player to be sold for the sake of a stupid argument that "no player is bigger than the manager". Some of us should wake up from the SAF's dream. There are players who are bigger than the manager, even bigger than a club. If you upset your star player and you want to get rid then a dozen of big club will jump on the chance of signing him and will be ready to improve his wage.

How can a manager call his record signing a virus? how is this possible? Only at United this can be allowed to happen. If Mourinho isn't sacked this month, then I fear that Woodward and the Glazers are happy with him and he's here to stay.

The only viruses rotting this club are Mourinho, Woodward and the Glazers. Those 3 have turned this club into a circus.
Best of luck, brobeans.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
If you actually think that Shaw and Lukaku were better during this set of games then there is no point discussing. Lukaku has been good in one of these games and it was against Burnley, Shaw was also better than Pogba during that game, Pogba was better in almost all the other games.
Well, Pogba didn't play against Leicester which I was I gave the best player to Shaw, otherwise, I don't think I'm wrong with the rest. Martial was our best player against Everton and Bournemouth as well as in the draw to Chelsea.

Bobski

I'm fairly certain come next season Pogba will still be here. Too important an asset, and he's the sort of player that an incoming manager would be desperate to keep.
He is a player that is very hard to build around. Magnificent talent, but to field a stable team you constantly have to make compromises elsewhere to get the best out of him and cover the work he is not really willing to do. A talented headache, some managers would no doubt fancy themselves to solve the problem but others would rather build more of a team unit.

Devil81

As much as I feel Mourinho is readying himself for the exit, Pogba is proving to be just as bigger problem.

He's a good player, but he believes he's better than he actually is. The truth be told we'd be better getting rid of both and starting again in the summer, I'd personally say both are viruses.

mancan92

Has he though?

Our wins are against Leicester, Burnley, Watford, Newcastle, Everton, Bournemouth - I'd say our best players have been Shaw, Lukaku, didn't watch the Watford game, Pogba, Martial and Martial, respectively.

Pogba was our best player vs Young Boys and the worst against Juventus.
Yes pogba has been with martial by far our best player. It's not even debatable. Yet he is a virus and the likes or Matic ,fellaini and lukaku are not ?

Greck

Have to give to Mourinho, he knows the fans have turned on him and the pressure on so he goes to and lets this leak out to get some fans take his side and change the topic. Did it last season too. Of courses he uses his PR man in the press to leak it too

It's very hard to take Mourinho seriously and agree with him when he sticks with Matic.
Don't even know why it's not discussed how inappropriate it is for a United manager to have a PR man for controversial leaks and propaganda. He certainly didn't deserve sympathy when it was 'leaked' he was getting sacked or when Ed briefed the press.

Melville Red

Hmm, not clear cut is it? Fergie gave Scholes a call rather than take a punt on Pogba, tells me Pogba wasn't ready as Fergie definately played youngsters, no Pogba had an attitude, he knew better and wouldn't listen. Maybe he wasn't as good as he thought he was otherwise Ferguson would undoubtedly have picked him.
Any way all water under the bridge, it's just a shame he didn't stay in Italy but with Woodward throwing money around like confetti who could blame him for coming back, taking the money and taking the piss, that's Pogba.

Canagel

Well, Pogba didn't play against Leicester which I was I gave the best player to Shaw, otherwise, I don't think I'm wrong with the rest. Martial was our best player against Everton and Bournemouth as well as in the draw to Chelsea.
He did play against Leicester and got MOTM. What game we're you watching?
Nearly all the games he played with Martial they were the standout players . Those are simple facts .

acnumber9

Yes he did. He scored against them too. Pogba has had a few very good games and a few disastrous ones. Typical Pogba really. I feel for him at times given he’s often the only player in the team capable of passing the ball but performances like yesterday do him no favours.

Brophs

The One and Only
So we have two people fighting for control at a club where neither of them really wants to be, without mentioning that neither of them appears to actually have the club’s best interests at heart and neither of whom, in my opinion, will be here in a year’s time.

Pretty, pretty, prettyyyyyyyyyyyyy good.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Mate, you can say all that, but just look at the ratings from this very forum. Pogba is the highest after Shaw.
Herrera 5.2
Jones 4.0
Pogba 5.9
Lindelof 5.8
Rashford 4.7
Matic 4.6
Martial 5.7
Lukaku 4.3
Young 5.0
Fellaini 5.7
Lingard 4.6
Shaw 6.1
Fred 5.4
Smalling 5.5

If you go by whoscored, Pogba is also rated the highest (Darmian only appeared twice). Wherever you look, he's one of our top players. You guys are blinded by something. Not sure what it is, but you guys clearly don't like the guy.

This reads like it's about yesterday's performance. And if that's the case, it's fair. However, when judging the entire season it's wrong to suggest Pogba is one of the biggest problems at United.
I've said myself he's our best outfield player (despite my 'hate' for him) but it says more about the quality of the others than how good Pogba is for us.

Caf match rating have never been a good guide to performances but a 5.9 rating is hardly something to get excited about, also influenced by the fact he's our penalty taker which will have increased his score. He's averaged 5.5 in the 8 games since the Newcastle game.

Robbie Boy

Well, he's not wrong if it is true.

Pogba doesn't respect the club or its supporters and, the way he carries on in my opinion, he is the most overrated footballer I've ever seen at the club

Both should just piss off
Yup both should feck off can’t argue with that. However, Mourinho should stop mouthing off and creating further issues. No other managers feel the need to act like this.

yardieUnited

Personally don’t believe pogba is toxic.
Mourinho just wants to scapegoat and bring someone down and make it seem like he is not problem.

Get rid of Mourinho and let the team flourish under an attacking coach. Tired of Mr Abusive

noodlehair

"It's like..."

The worst thing about the whole thing is slaughtering pogba whilst having the likes of matic and lukaku absolutely killing the spirit of the team with their bad play yet not getting anything from the manager.
This is exactly the point I was making though. He definitely hasn't been our best player "throughout Jose's reign" and I don't understand how any unblinkered person even thinks of reaching that conclusion. Last season for example there were constant debates about why Pogba was playing so badly. Most talented and best are not the same thing, and in the case of Pogba they are a million miles apart.

The silliest thing about this post is that Lukaku and Matic WERE two of our best outfield players last season. This season they have been terrible for the most part, but Pogba during his whole time here has attracted criticism for his attitude, inconsistency, and general arsing around. Where as Matic and Lukaku have been criticised just as much as Pogba this season.

There is no agenda. What you have is an extremely talented player who just doesn't have the attitude to put his talent to use correctly. I don't get why Jose felt the need to criticise Pogba pubicly or come up with the whole ridiculous fiasco with the captaincy, but I also don't get why Pogba felt the need to start the season by being a whingebag on social media and why he so often performs so immaturely. One doesn't excuse the other and creating alternate realities where Pogba's bad perofrmances and moments of complete stupidity don't exist, isn't going to make them go away

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't even know why it's not discussed how inappropriate it is for a United manager to have a PR man for controversial leaks and propaganda. He certainly didn't deserve sympathy when it was 'leaked' he was getting sacked or when Ed briefed the press.
It really is! Some fans will always take Mourinho's side no matter what. It's so close to a **** in all honesty.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Yup both should feck off can’t argue with that. However, Mourinho should stop mouthing off and creating further issues. No other managers feel the need to act like this.
Very true.

However, I'd like to see how another club deals with him. He was known for acting the bollocks at Juventus and, at certain times over the last 2 years, he didn't show up for training

Mourinho should go but, I have no doubt he is trying his best to get the job done...

Pogba on the other hand....

In Rainbows

Hmm, not clear cut is it? Fergie gave Scholes a call rather than take a punt on Pogba, tells me Pogba wasn't ready as Fergie definately played youngsters, no Pogba had an attitude, he knew better and wouldn't listen. Maybe he wasn't as good as he thought he was otherwise Ferguson would undoubtedly have picked him.
Any way all water under the bridge, it's just a shame he didn't stay in Italy but with Woodward throwing money around like confetti who could blame him for coming back, taking the money and taking the piss, that's Pogba.
It is clear cut. Fergie did not want him to go. Pogba left on a free. No matter how you read it, you can't say Fergie got rid. The whole problem was a difference in opinion of whether or not he was ready for first team football that exact season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It is clear cut. Fergie did not want him to go. Pogba left on a free. No matter how you read it, you can't say Fergie got rid. The whole problem was a difference in opinion of whether or not he was ready for first team football that exact season.
It's one more myth people always use it, no matter how many times you correct them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mourinho and Pogba can feck off. If I had to choose I'd go with Pogba without a single doubt though. At the end of it, it will be a choice between him and Mourinho and Mourinho will get the sack

dogwithabone

Pogba has the worst body language of any footballer I’ve ever seen. In his privileged position the very least he should be doing his running himself into the ground. Herrera puts him to shame. Somebody should stick the lazy **** in front of a TV screen and make him watch a compilation of Bryan Robson - that’s how you play in midfield for Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.