Mourinho extends contract to 2020 (option for a further year as standard)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
No they are good figures. Although I do get annoyed during runs like the one over Christmas the overall has been positive. Especially this season.
I know! :( Just imagine if we'd won even 2 of those games. I still believe that City will run out steam towards the end of the season. Yeah, they may still win it but not by such a large margin. I bet we're going to be seriously ruing those missed chances come the end of the season.

Hansa

Holt's probably still throwing darts at the Lukaku poster on his bedroom wall.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I know! :( Just imagine if we'd won even 2 of those games. I still believe that City will run out steam towards the end of the season. Yeah, they may still win it but not by such a large margin. I bet we're going to be seriously ruing those missed chances come the end of the season.
This. That’s why it’s so so important to keep going and never be distracted or disheartened by your opponents. It’s a long season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Holt's probably still throwing darts at the Lukaku poster on his bedroom wall.
Nah, I think he saves that space for his life size Pep poster. Wouldn't want anything in the way of it. He needs space to kneel down and worship it everyday.

RedDevil@84

Ollie Holt really, really, REALLY hates us, right?
Of course we want to throw away the money. We are the Money Utd, aren't we? That's what we do unless St Pep who will not buy defenders for big money, but motivate them to join the moral project.

Womp

idiot
Oliver Holt is a clueless idiot. Said he'd rather watch his team lose and play good football than win. Praises teams for playing attacking football and getting thumped by 4 goals.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Why do you still seemingly have doubts that he might not be here in 2020??

What are the reasons for harbouring such doubts?
he's a very volatile person, he does over long term seem to fallout with a lot of people as the years go by. Al does seem to go off the Rails a bit if things don't go his way so i can see things going a bit sour if it doesn't look like were going to win the league next year.

BluesJr

Oliver Holt is a clueless idiot. Said he'd rather watch his team lose and play good football than win. Praises teams for playing attacking football and getting thumped by 4 goals.
He’s a classic example of someone just not really getting what football is really about. He’ll truly believe Spurs are a better team than us for example.

Womp

idiot
He’s a classic example of someone just not really getting what football is really about. He’ll truly believe Spurs are a better team than us for example.
Don't get me wrong, I find attacking football as exciting as the next person, but the biggest teams are judged on trophies. If Pep hadn't won as many trophies as he won in his career, no-one would give a feck how pretty his teams can pass the ball for eg.

He's one of those people who seem to think that all teams should go head to head, with no tactical surprises, no trying to nullify the opponent's threats etc.

Also on your point on Spurs, funnily enough he said that he prefers watching them to us and when he was told we'd score more goals than them he was at a loss for words, instead calling us flat track bullies, which makes even less sense as Spurs don't score as much as us against the big teams :lol:

BluesJr

Don't get me wrong, I find attacking football as exciting as the next person, but the biggest teams are judged on trophies. If Pep hadn't won as many trophies as he won in his career, no-one would give a feck how pretty his teams can pass the ball for eg.

He's one of those people who seem to think that all teams should go head to head, with no tactical surprises, no trying to nullify the opponent's threats etc.

Also on your point on Spurs, funnily enough he said that he prefers watching them to us and when he was told we'd score more goals than them he was at a loss for words, instead calling us flat track bullies, which makes even less sense as Spurs don't score as much as us against the big teams :lol:
Of course. However what all the ABU brigade can’t seem to grasp is we do play attacking football, nearly all of the time. Could we do more on the bigger occasions? Yes, but I think we will when Jose gets a team he’s absolutely happy to do so with. Sanchez will be a big help in this regard.

Yeah that doesn’t surprise me one bit, does amaze me how these people get jobs within Football despite not really understanding the simple and complex nuances of it.

hn4manunited

Of course. However what all the ABU brigade can’t seem to grasp is we do play attacking football, nearly all of the time. Could we do more on the bigger occasions? Yes, but I think we will when Jose gets a team he’s absolutely happy to do so with. Sanchez will be a big help in this regard.

Yeah that doesn’t surprise me one bit, does amaze me how these people get jobs within Football despite not really understanding the simple and complex nuances of it.
Spot on! I don’t understand how anyone watching football can’t see that we do play attacking football most of the time.

Jacko21

Holt is a hypocrite and a liar. Best not to post his drivel. Fecking outrageously bad "journalist".
He’s one of a number of journalists now that don’t even try to hide their dislike for Mourinho.

But men like Ollie Holt wouldn’t dream of going toe to toe with Mourinho in a presser. I wish José would call them out by name and tear them a new one.

It’s easy to make lazy, sweeping statements when you’re sat round a table for Sunday Supplement, it’s another thing to do it in Mourinho’s presence.

Holt is a coward.

hn4manunited

Well, I do think there is also different levels of maturity in how people find enjoyment in football. Not to say that it applies to all but the more you understand about all aspects of football including the business end of football, the more complete your view on what matters in football.

If you take children as an example, they get bored if both teams are not scoring lots of goals and the teams are not running back and forth on the pitch. I’m just saying that there is much more to football than two teams running at each other and scoring lots of goals. There’s beauty in each teams’ situation. Some adults like Holt just probably never got past the child mentality of football.

Fluctuation0161

Which team does he support? He comes across much like Gollum in Lord of the Rings, after he lost the ring. :lol:

Jacko21

Ollie Holt really, really, REALLY hates us, right?
Good job there isn’t anyone at Manchester United to undermine him then Ollie. No internal politics. No interfering owners. No hands on executives. Nobody to tell him who to sign and who to play. No Moratti, Perez or Abramovich.

If Mourinho wants longevity at Manchester United, he can have it.

Djemba-Djemba

Which team does he support? He comes across much like Gollum in Lord of the Rings, after he lost the ring. :lol:
He claims he is a Stockport County fan and he grew up also supporting both Utd and City.

Which is just such obvious bullshit. Nobody has supported both Utd and City since about 1960 for feck sake.

MrBest

This has pretty much been a perfekt week so far. First Sanchez, now Mourihno, add to that a lovely Swansea win over the scouse, and a win tomorrow and I will be buzzing for a week. I also won 12 pounds at the lottery:D
Sanchez makes more than 12 pounds a minute!

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Personally, I am delighted.
I have never made any secret of the fact that I wanted Mourinho to take the reigns from SAF, and although it took a few years of pissing about with Hinge & Bracket, I truly believe that we finally have the right man for the job.

I really feel that Mourinho is building something very good here, and will take the club to the highest level.

Viva Mourinho...!!

Fluctuation0161

He claims he is a Stockport County fan and he grew up also supporting both Utd and City.

Which is just such obvious bullshit. Nobody has supported both Utd and City since about 1960 for feck sake.
Stockport! The plot thickens.

Probably a weak attempt at trying to come across as "neutral". His articles and tone (in the chat with Custis) come across as very anti-United.

Womp

idiot
Stockport! The plot thickens.

Probably a weak attempt at trying to come across as "neutral". His articles and tone (in the chat with Custis) come across as very anti-United.
He's not trying to be neutral at all. He couldn't be any further up Pep's arse if he tried.

deafepl

I'm happy with this news but that means he's going to be backed by the board more than ever before. I can't help feeling suspicious that it look like we are deciding whether the style of play we want, Woodward may have a someone else to take over.

Social Madworks

Extending a coach contract doesn’t mean anything nowadays. Can still get sacked anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
And the rest. I stayed in the same suite 8 years ago and it was £1500 a night. I guess the club will get a discount, but considering it was always booked out, I can't see them giving us that much, and I think it's 2k a night now. No way we're getting it for less that a grand a night.
Probs quite different if you're staying for a year though

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm happy with this news but that means he's going to be backed by the board more than ever before. I can't help feeling suspicious that it look like we are deciding whether the style of play we want, Woodward may have a someone else to take over.
Extending a coach contract doesn’t mean anything nowadays. Can still get sacked anytime.
The newbies is leaking again

Antonedwin

Good job there isn’t anyone at Manchester United to undermine him then Ollie. No internal politics. No interfering owners. No hands on executives. Nobody to tell him who to sign and who to play. No Moratti, Perez or Abramovich.

exactly what makes him comfortable here, we aren't circus like madrid or chelsea
a statement of intent from the board to say that he is the boss in dressing room, no player have more influence than him unlike what happens in chelsea or RM