Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSSnake

So he didn’t blow that title race then?

We don’t know what he’d do with a superior budget - so it remains a gamble, end of.

World class coach? He’s won feck all.

Improve us 10 fold? That’s some margin you are claiming there? With these players?
What he did at Southampton deserves credit and he's now taken Spurs from a top 6 team to a title challenging team under a very constrained budget. He gets his teams playing the right way and he brings in the youth players. Yes you could argue he blew the title that year but then so did the rest.

I would love to hear your thought on the next appointment.

macheda14

Are you guys kidding me? The point is that they're not Spurs anno 2005 playing at White Hart Lane anymore. They have a nice 60.000 seater coming up - how the hell can you say that's 'not even close to OT'?

Player for player I would personally say they have more talent in their squad as well. Everything suggests they love what he's doing there and he likes being there. Now why on earth would he risk losing all of that to go to a club that currently only can offer him a slightly bigger salary?
'He has better players there than United currently, they actually play in a bigger stadium as well.'

First of all 12,000 is a very very big difference. I'm not arguing against any of your other points, rather just that blatant lie, or use of Wembley as a factor.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Can't read much here, but Laurent Blanc during his 3 years at PSG:

Ligue 1: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
Coupe de France: 2014–15, 2015–16
Coupe de la Ligue: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
Trophée des Champions: 2013, 2014, 2015
Ligue 1 Manager of the Year: 2015, 2016
French Manager of the Year: 2015

UCL:
2014 QF loss to Chelsea: 3-1 win at home, 2-0 loss away
2015 QF loss to Barcelona : 1-3 loss at home, 2-0 loss away
2016 QF loss to Man City: 2-2 draw at home, 1-0 loss away

Razvan

Why would someone unironically want Cantona at the club? His only managing experience is with the French beach football national team ffs. If we're not giving the job to one of the assistant managers we're surely not taking someone with even less experience.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
If they were willing to give it to someone without experience they would just let Carrick have it until the end of the season. No way the would give it to Evra.

JG3001

I mean it had to be done, but celebrating the day someone loses his job seems a tad classless. On the other hand the forum mourns when an opposition gets injured. Onwards and upwards, i guess. Looking forward to seeing more and a better version of Pogba.
Bit different though innit, most people don’t get a 22 million payout when they are sacked. Anyone of us here would take that situation without hesitation.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Wenger would be a right laugh.

I mean this seasons a write off, so it might as well be an amusing one.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Who's Chocky referencing, the board or some of the players ?
"He not the only one who should depart!part!!!"
Half the first team squad aren't good enough for United.

This is the culmination of five years of mistake after mistake since Fergie left.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Brian McClair?

I'm not suggesting it (although I wouldn't hate it), I'm just naming people with United connections and coaching badges. He did quite well in the academy at times.

People saying that whoever it is will supposedly be fun to work with? He's known for really dry wit and having a good sense of humour.

Can't see it but he kind of fits!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He won us our first European Trophy since 2008...

He won a Domestic Cup...

He finished above Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal last season.

I have respect for the positives that he did achieve, but they should've let him go in the Summer and should have never given him that silly contract extension.

Then we'd be able to look back at his time and the trophies won without the sourness of this half a season.

One thing I would add is - do not count him out as a manager in the future. He'll be determined to prove everyone wrong now and win big again, and with time to reset his mindset, I wouldn't be surprised if is winning titles and competing in the CL again with another club.
That's what I thought when he got sacked by Chelsea :(

crossy1686

career ending
In response to the OP, no, no he doesn't.

There are other options out there and Pochettino feels like he would be an expensive mistake. Let's wait until he actually does something of note and proves he's got what it takes to be a top manager before we get all gushy over him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congratulations.Now everything will go better.Enjoy speculating about the future

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Brian McClair?

I'm not suggesting it (although I wouldn't hate it), I'm just naming people with United connections and coaching badges. He did quite well in the academy at times.

People saying that whoever it is will supposedly be fun to work with? He's known for really dry wit and having a good sense of humour.

Can't see it but he kind of fits!
Not after his tweet this morning, I can’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.