Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedoubleyou

Pochettino turned down Real Madrid last summer, but you think he'll now join United? It's a pipe dream.

If United have any sense they'll go for Eddie Howe. If they don't have any sense they'll go for Zidane. But if they go for Poch it'll be a waste of valuable time.
It's cute that you believe this.

Murray3007

Who's Chocky referencing, the board or some of the players ?
"He not the only one who should depart!part!!!"
Ed is out of his depth as well yes hes made the club a lot of money in sponsorship deals but he gives out these massive contracts as well and plus has now had to sack 2 managers with big compensations as well, and a lot of the players shouldn't be here either, going to be a massive rebuild at the club, from the top to the bottom.

Minimalist

People saying Keane must not have paid attention to his management/coaching career.

We need someone to calm things down a bit and get the players upbeat. :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Pochettino turned down Real Madrid last summer, but you think he'll now join United? It's a pipe dream.

If United have any sense they'll go for Eddie Howe. If they don't have any sense they'll go for Zidane. But if they go for Poch it'll be a waste of valuable time.
Not getting into it with you again.

Prepare for the worst, that's all I'm saying.

Where did Chelsea finis
That's still wrong, but never mind.

Contracts aren't the issue. The issue is that Pochettino won't want to leave Spurs for United.

You can huff and puff all you like about being "far bigger and successful", you can wave your mega-rich cheque book in the air until you're blue in the face, but in the end the truth is that it's you who has an "over inflated opinion" about the current attractiveness of United in comparison to Spurs.
Is it that Man Utd have won more in the last 3 years than Spurs in the last 20?

Or could we also say Utd have won more in the last 15 years than Spurs in their entire history? If you know the answer - why don't you just post it?

You have idea what Poch wants to do, just as you have had no idea about when your stadium will be ready? I don't know either - you have no basis to be so defiant.

Utd have been in crisis since Fergie left (everyone will admit that), but still Utd sign bigger players, have bigger crowds, have bigger sponsorship deals etc etc - oh and won more trophies than spurs... I don't understand how you can argue anything else.

We even have fans of other teams posting on Utd forums more than presumably they do on their own fan sites!!! It's only spurs fans that have this infatuation with arguing how big they apparently are.

Aresma7

I don't understand the enthusiasm as we now will have a short term solution, and the board with obviously no plan as to which direction we want to head in. There is no clear candidate. People would like Zidane, but what does he bring in terms of playing the United way? We would have to revamp the whole squad and it would take years to get a new squad to gel.

We need someone who can get the best out of the players who already are here, and build on the squad with a long term perspective. It's sad that candidates like Howe and Pochettino are so far down the list as they could do the job.

Carrick, Zidane, Conte, Butt, Blanc are all good players but they are not the next SAF let's be real.

Am I really the only united supporter who feels this way?
First and foremost, what exactly is the United way you are all talking about? SAF played boring football bar 08/09 season. We’re not Barca with the tiki taka, or Kloops pool with the gegenpress. The United way is a myth.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
'He has better players there than United currently, they actually play in a bigger stadium as well.'

First of all 12,000 is a very very big difference. I'm not arguing against any of your other points, rather just that blatant lie, or use of Wembley as a factor.
Well that's fair enough then. Like I said to the other guy, the underlying point is simply that currently I don't see any massive factors that could pull the beloved Poch our way.

klsv

There have been people calling for the sack since Sevilla, now finally getting what they've asked for only to suggest we hire Wenger instead? :houllier: I'd rather have Van Gaal back.

Skills

Snitch
Throw Guardiola type of money at him, meaning 15 mil. a season and see if it sticks. If Pochettino wants to come, Spurs have to negotioate, can't have an unhappy manager in your team.

Still, maybe we don't want him and have someone else, who fits us better in the pipeline. Personally i'd take Zizou now instead of Carrick or Giggs as interim until summer. Even Conte would be an interesting choice, we need to fix the defense and he knows and gets along with Paul Pogba.
Only Guardiola deserves Guardiola money. What's with the fascination for overpaying for managers? You'd think Mourinho would've been a huge lesson.

Delano

Well if we want to continue playing garbage football. Blanc is not a bad choice.

lsd

The Oracle
Evra has his badges I remember an interview where he said Fergie convinced him to get his badges saying he would be a great manager

manc exile

Supports
City
Our 4th most successful manager of all time is gone.

but i am glad, he was moving the club backwards

Skills

Snitch
Blanc makes a lot of sense, if he does well there could be a perminant appointment too, kind of like a 6 month interview.
I think that's a very poor way to approach it. Whoever comes in now has a piss easy job because getting a response after mourinho will be a natural rebound. Clubs feck it up all the time - Chelsea with Di Matteo, you guys with Sherwood.

The interim should only be an interim.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Said it in the summer and I'll say it again, we've got players at the club who were labeled as not good enough under Moyes and Van Gaal but they're still at the club. Someone isn't very good at their job.
Neville put his finger on it on Sunday.

There's a lot more going on. United are buying dross for 50m, 90m . . . absurd sums of money. . . for players no other top European clubs are interested in.

United have seriously terrible scouts because when Liverpool wee signing the likes of Salah & Fermino, United were signing Pogba & Fellaini

minoo-utd

What is Blanc doing right now anyways? I mean is he managing someone? What's his achievements?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We are still in Europe. Carrick would be a mistake. Chelsea like wins doesnt happen all the time.

Jardim would be choice .

Jagga7

Thank feck he's gone. I didn't think we would do it so soon but definitely the right decision.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Jamie Jackson has been in touch with some more details about why Mourinho was sacked and what will happen next.

Why he was sacked
United finally lost patience with a head coach who was not adhering to the club’s core attacking values and who had overseen their worst start to a campaign for 28 years. Mourinho was also relieved of his duties due to a transfer spend of around £400m on 11 players that, it is understood, the club insist were all the Portuguese’s choice.

In addition to the disquiet regarding the side’s stultifying style, there was further disappointment at Mourinho’s development and improvement of United’s younger players. The club also took into account the growing unhappiness from fans at the direction of the club under Mouinho.

What happens next
It is understood the compensation due to Mourinho will be no more than £15m. Michael Carrick will take charge of training on Tuesday, before an interim boss is appointed. That move is expected to happen before the end of the week.

That caretaker role will last until the end of the season but this will not be Carrick, Nicky Butt or anyone from within the club. Instead, following a thorough and extensive process will have Mourinho’s permanent successor in place for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.