Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Seriously I almost crashed myself driving when I dared to read the notification on my phone :lol:
Oi, stay safe! We don't want the good news of Mourinho's sacking to be overshadowed by you having crash!

crossy1686

career ending
Half the first team squad aren't good enough for United.

This is the culmination of five years of mistake after mistake since Fergie left.
Said it in the summer and I'll say it again, we've got players at the club who were labeled as not good enough under Moyes and Van Gaal but they're still at the club. Someone isn't very good at their job.

Eric's Seagull

Only now saw this didn't think it was going to happen for a while. Finally the club have grown some balls and realised enough is enough.

Going to be happy for the next guy, as the way Jose treats anybody who doesn't conform to his narcissism and toxic attitude is terrible.
Think Ed should do everything to bring in Jardim now as he is available, sign Luis Campos and also get it Paul Mitchell.

Let them plan what they need to do, give then the full power to do what they need to do to get us back where we belong. At least the club has done something right for once this season in my opinion.

Don't like seeing anybody get sacked but that man did so much damage to our club and don't want to see us going further into a rut in arguably one of the most important periods in our history.

captain666

Just delighted that the board have taken us all by surprise and made a positive decision,the first of many they need to make very soon.
The sense of relief in the dressing room must be something,now lets see who steps up to the plate on the pitch in our next few games,those that don't should be shown the January door out.

Lynty

Wenger until end of season

Whilst we prepare a full raid on Ajax

DoF: Van Der Sar
Manager: Erik Ten Hag

And seduce De Jong and De ligt

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
All joking aside, I think you should prepare for the worst.
Pochettino turned down Real Madrid last summer, but you think he'll now join United? It's a pipe dream.

If United have any sense they'll go for Eddie Howe. If they don't have any sense they'll go for Zidane. But if they go for Poch it'll be a waste of valuable time.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Have you seen Madrid this season :lol:

He saw the writing on the wall, Madrid had no intention of replacing Ronaldo and Zidane said feck it.
Look. I am not against ZZ but what you have just said worries me.
Whoever gets appointed, things are going to be pretty difficult and decisions made that the coach may not agree with.

We simply cannot have a situation where ZZ throws his toys out and says I AM OFF.

RedNed77

Fellaini was out of the door and Mourinho fought for his renewal...
I don’t mind having Fellaini on the bench and giving him some game time. He does bring something different. But I’d prefer be was Plan C not Plan A or B as he has been under Jose.

scoi

Big Sam's available. Bizarrely he'd make a more attacking and attractive style of play

redshaw

Probably not the just result that saw him sacked but having a £90 million fit player on the bench again in such a big game and likely new unrest with the players since the latest patch-up. I don't think it could go on any longer.

I'm pleased the poisonous one has gone but the whole situation is very disappointing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That's what I thought when he got sacked by Chelsea :(
He needed an easy job after Chelsea not the car crash we've become. He'll go for the easiest/trophies guaranteed job next to improve his now damaged reputation

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wenger taking over and talking about how he has to clean up Mourinho's failure, taking cheap shots and rubbing it in, would certainly be entertaining.

rooneyberbatov

Blanc has become favourite with the bookies in the last few minutes. Went from 8/1 to 4/6 currently.
Checks a lot of boxes. Knows the club and also may help with the French players. Values scoring goals and taking risks, gives a lot of freedom to the attackers. Also, has some experience managing big egos, I guess. Knows our next CL rival and has a really good record in the CL.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Throw Guardiola type of money at him, meaning 15 mil. a season and see if it sticks. If Pochettino wants to come, Spurs have to negotioate, can't have an unhappy manager in your team.

Still, maybe we don't want him and have someone else, who fits us better in the pipeline. Personally i'd take Zizou now instead of Carrick or Giggs as interim until summer. Even Conte would be an interesting choice, we need to fix the defense and he knows and gets along with Paul Pogba.

Paul_Scholes18

finally! Now hopefully we can work on turning the season around! Come on Man United and our new manager!

Moonwalker

It's a demise of once great manager. No elite club will take him now certainly not any one of top6 in England and top3 In Spain.

As of now I only think inter could take him back.
Not sure about that. He creates a maelstrom of misery, which in part serves as a sort of plausible deniability to the outsider. Can't be bothered with this 'who started it' enormous pettiness, but my word look at his CV. Surely we can placate him if we just treat him really nicely. And he lives to fight another day.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another punter give that experiment a go.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
First of all, I don't for a second believe the club thought he could rescue the situation. Also, the financial excuse for keepoke him has been proven wrong. So what was the final straw.
I happen to think it's the January transfer window. I think the club decided that it made no sense going into another window with a lame duck manager demanding players, no DoF and a squad that needs investment. Something had to give. I think they decided squad planning had to continue regardless of Mourinho and since he wasn't going to be here much longer, they brought his sacking forward.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Pochettino turned down Real Madrid last summer, but you think he'll now join United? It's a pipe dream.

If United have any sense they'll go for Eddie Howe. If they don't have any sense they'll go for Zidane. But if they go for Poch it'll be a waste of valuable time.
Another trophyless season will convince Poch to look at his options.

Kane might come with him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.