Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

I know he was stupid as hell to take that poisoned Cardiff job, but after the misery of Jose? I'd be chuffed to see Solskjaer come in for a few months.

And it's not like we have anything to lose, we can literally only get better

Something about Blanc smells off to me. I know he did ok at PSG but thats a one team league. And didn't France have a full civil war when he was boss?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Simeone works well for the type of club Atlético is, and I’m not sure it would transition well to the biggest clubs. Why haven’t those biggest clubs snapped him up otherwise?
Atlético are arguably one of the biggest club's in Europe now anyway so it's not like it would be a big step up for him to go somewhere else.

But yeah, he plays fecking dour football. I hope we avoid.

devips

The best that we cqn do under the circumstances. It shouldn't be too tough on him either, physically or mentally. Matter of four and a half months, not much expectations. What he will be able to do do is instill some self-confidence in a team that lack it so much.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
No please, let him enjoy his retirement and his ending was perfect.

snowkarl

Considering Fergie's health issues I don't think a return to management in any way shape or form is in the picture.

Skills

Snitch
No. He deserves his retirement, I'd rather he takes care of his health instead.

Rake

as much as i would want him to return, he is no physical condition to be put under this kind if of pressure. He should enjoy his retirement

Tarrou

The best that we cqn do under the circumstances. It shouldn't be too tough on him either, physically or mentally. Matter of four and a half months, not much expectations. What he will be able to do do is instill some self-confidence in a team that lack it so much.
Eh? He’s just had a stroke, of course it would tough both physically and mentally.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I know he was stupid as hell to take that poisoned Cardiff job, but after the misery of Jose? I'd be well chuffed to see Solskjaer come in for a few months.

And it's not like we have anything to lose, we can literally only get better
Ole is a great shout but he walked away from his title winning Molde side to manage in England once, he's back with them now and I doubt he'd quit a second time just for a short term job.

Zlatattack

It would be great but;

1. He's not in the best of health.
2. He retired to spend time with family, i don't expect him to turn his back on that promise.
3. Why ruin a wonderful legacy with a half season of "meh" (which is what i expect from our players)
4. I don't want to risk him turning into our Kenny Dalgish, always hovering over the shoulder of our manager.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yes, backwards. You aren't winning the title this season, just like you didn't in 2015/16, and just like you didn't in 2016/17. You aren't winning it next season, or the season after that either. You've had your day in the sun, picked up your "ran Chelsea close" cup, and now you're busy fecking around with a stadium that should be finished but isn't. Best start, blah, blah, still 6 points off top.

The only way for Spurs to go is backwards. You've a stadium to pay for, and that's going to seriously squeeze the budget for future transfer windows. Arsenal are resurgent. Chelsea are resurgent. Liverpool seem to finally be getting their shit together as a top team, and City are City. Should United get their shit together, you'll have us to contend with too. You aren't overtaking the teams above you, and are well in the sights of the teams below you.

At a certain point, the amount of money becomes somewhat redundant. We're more than rich enough to combat City's wealth. Spurs have a better squad at the moment, but they've a stadium to pay for, and have already had one summer with zero investment.

The expectations are higher at United, but I'd like to think whoever we bring in now is being brought in because they have a vision to take the club forward, and will be given sufficient time to do that, even if that means switching the focus away from silverware for a few seasons, and back onto playing an attractive style of football that pleases the fans and gets us back competing with the top clubs. If we bring him in and tell him he's to deliver a league title in three years then yeah, obviously that's shit, but I don't think we will do that.
Do you really think you will be challenging for the title in the next 2 years? Spurs aren’t going backwards, your looking ahead in fantasy instead of looking at the table and the here and now.

Raw

No, no and thrice no.

Let the man rest, his health is important. Trying to manage this team would be incredibly stressful. Secondly, I don't want us to tarnish his legacy if he ends up fecking up. He retired in the best way, let's leave it at that.

Will the temporary manager get a January transfer budget ?
I would assume it depends on whether we have a DoF in place. Wouldn't be surprised in we brought in a CB even without a DoF as we are clearly in need of one. Otherwise significant investment would be foolhardy, Jess we know who we are getting.

Three managers in five years. We're a fecking mess. There is no celebration here. We don't know what we're doing.
4 managers in 30 years - who cares about how many managers we have had. How many managers do other clubs go through until they find one that works - the answer is as many as it takes.

RedB4ndiT

Christmas came early!

I've never been this happy since the day I lost my virginity!

Sucks though because had we fired him before the season started, we could've got either Tuchel or Sarri. But still, I'm very happy about this!!!

Only bad memories from Mou's era. Time to rebuild and get back into the group of elite clubs!

Martial

Absolutely horrific hap-hazard thread merging gone on. What the hell.

We okay with mega-threads now?

Why is there no separate discussion for the next manager? Why the f**k does this thread start in August?

Who on earth thought this was a good idea?

Godfather

Of course yes. Better than anything we have at the club atm and as an interim solution as good as it gets.

freeurmind

weak willed
Big onus on these players now, not the least Pogba with his idiotic tweet today. It was all the manager's fault? Ok well he's gone now, no more excuses for these players and this board, let's get the structure of the club right, let's get recruitment right, let's appoint the right man to take over (Poch is the easy choice for me even if we have to pay 30-40 million to get him away from Spurs). And most of all let's see some more commitment, consistency and quality from these players. The manager who was holding them back is gone now, let's see it, they've got half a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.