Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick08

Getting top 4 means we need a historical run. We're 8 points away from 5th position alone, so 2 teams need a major collapse and we need a historical run. Don't get your hopes up.

PSG games and Fa Cup are the things to look forward to this season.

Next season is all that matters.
Man the season is only have done, we need a historical run I agree, but so will arsenal and Chelsea to maintain such lead. They will drop 11 points, its up to us to take it and win our direct encounters at old trafford. We don't have many big away trips left.

If arsenal and Chelsea can go long time unbeaten until now, with right tactics I feel so can we. Let's see though how we fare first.

LoveFootball

We were 2nd cause of favorable circumstances and DDG just? Not sure I agree.
Also don't agree he'll disappear.
We had the worst stats of the top 4, less chances created and more chances against conceded, De Gea was player of the season again (something Mourinho promised would never happened under his reign) and this despite buying 2 CB, the most expensive striker in the league and the most expensive PL player in Pogba, the best Arsenal player; other teams had slow starts (Liverpool and Tott) and late in the season Liverpool sacrificed their season to concentrate on the CL; we ground out our way to that 2nd place, reason why he himself thought that it was his greatest achievement.

Mourinho is finished at high level, you can quote my words. His style of football is hard to maintain as it requires specific kind of warrior physical players who needs a permanent 100% level of concentration, such kind of players are a dying bread. Right now he's facing 2 problems: finding right players for his system and the fact other managers have become more astute to deal with packed defenses. I'm sorry, but Mourinho's name will be talked into history books from now.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Spurs have scored 2 goals more then we do but have 13 points more. It was just a rough estimation made by me. Of course scoring more goals is the safest approach, but fixing the leaking defence would do us a world of good, IMO. The teams above us have conceded about 15 goals less, that makes a huge difference.

Klopp tried the approach of taking the game to the opponents a few years back, didn't work that well.

Under a new manager i think we'll definitely score more goals, whether we really reduce our defence remains to be seen. But we can all lighten our mood and look forward to the games a bit more. Shame that we already played the Liverpool.
Spurs have conceded 13 goals fewer than we have...

It's obviously not a long term option, but for the remainder of this season, and into next, it's certainly preferable to what we're churning out on a weekly basis at the moment.

el3mel

Man the season is only have done, we need a historical run I agree, but so will arsenal and Chelsea to maintain such lead. They will drop 11 points, its up to us to take it and win our direct encounters at old trafford. We don't have many big away trips left.

If arsenal and Chelsea can go long time unbeaten until now, with right tactics I feel so can we. Let's see though how we fare first.
They will drop points, you will also need to not drop a single point and go on a 10 winning run or something, which is a title form. Not sure any caretaker can pull this.

Honestly we should have sacked him after WHU game, at this time it was really still early, but at least we didn't wait till end of the season.

Ban

We had the worst stats of the top 4, less chances created and more chances against conceded, De Gea was player of the season again (something Mourinho promised would never happened under his reign) and this despite buying 2 CB, the most expensive striker in the league and the most expensive PL player in Pogba, the best Arsenal player; other teams had slow starts (Liverpool and Tott) and late in the season Liverpool sacrificed their season to concentrate on the CL; we ground out our way to that 2nd place, reason why he himself thought that it was his greatest achievement.

Mourinho is finished at high level, you can quote my words. His style of football is hard to maintain as it requires specific kind of warrior physical players who needs a permanent 100% level of concentration, such kind of players are a dying bread. Right now he's facing 2 problems: finding right players for his system and the fact other managers have become more astute to deal with packed defenses. I'm sorry, but Mourinho's name will be talked into history books from now.
We'll see.

AndyMUFC

Made up with the news. I wanted it to work out for him with all the media scrutiny but this season has just been a disaster and it wasn't fair to him or the fans to keep this farce going on until the summer.

Just like under Moyes, I was becoming apathetic to these defeats against the top clubs and when that is the case you know something needs to change.

He wasn't backed like he should've been following the second placed finish so he's not the only problem but he spent £400m and continued to persist with a style of play that he didn't have the squad for, leading to the embarrassment of Liverpool having 36 shots against us at Anfield on Sunday.

Now fecking get this right please Woodward.

AaronRedDevil

WHY!? Is a lot of people even mentioning wenger as a potential replacement? Are you all insane?

Patrick08

They will drop points, you will also need to not drop a single point and go on a 10 winning run or something, which is a title form. Not sure any caretaker can pull this.

Honestly we should have sacked him after WHU game, at this time it was really still early, but at least we didn't wait till end of the season.
Better to believe than not to. We aren't that bad mourinho made us look. I am waiting for Sanchez to be fit as well.

MataFanatic

Surprised, disappointed, and happy. Mixed feelings. Not convinced this will change anything but it's a start and acknowledgement that something is wrong.
Agree with the sentiment. This is another sad day for United. Last six years have been pretty tough to take - albeit with the respite of Mourinho's first season with great days out at Wembley and Stockholm.

I didn't want Mourinho in the first place as I thought his abrasiveness and his style of play didn't suit United. But, like most Reds, I decided to get behind him 100% when he was appointed. Would've liked to have seen what happened if he had have been backed by the board last summer. I also think he's been hamstrung by player power in his last three jobs. No wonder he's bitter! Real Madrid players ran him out. Chelsea did the same. And now you have to feel that players like Pogba throwing their dummies out of the plan have contributed here too.

Time to move on now. Would love to see United appoint Luis Enrique as the next United manager. Managed one of the biggest clubs in the world and also won a treble there. Managed big players and wasn't afraid to give it back to the likes of Messi and Neymar. Plays football the right way and could see him getting United back on-top. Failing that, I'd like to see Pochetinno made manager. Interesting times! UTFR

Chairman Steve

You could interpret that in many ways beyond the face value of that.

He could be just respectful to us by acknowledging our stature. He could just be respectful to Spurs as they are his employers. He could be angling this towards Spurs for better terms. He could be angling to Real to give him a job there

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Woohoo!!

Can't fricking believe it!! It really felt like this was going to drag on for ages. Delighted.

Karlos PFC

I want to see someone who has:

1) Really strong links to the club: Giggs or Ole

2) Plays positive football: Jardim?

Blanc has neither of those: he played for us at the end of his career when he was over the hill, and from the limited I saw of his Bordeaux and PSG sides, not that adventurous.

Blanc is a really good coach and his Bordeaux, France and PSG played attacking football, even naive at times.

Even though I like Jardim most of the cafe thinks that he plays attacking football. The truth is that his Monaco the first year and a half was really defensive. He as Mourinho doesn't want his team to attack if they don't have a solid defence. From the moment he feels that we have something really good defensively that's when his side will start attacking.

I love the guy but he wont get the patience from the fans to build something good around here.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A comment I just read on Twitter.

Manchester United have become everything their fans once took the piss out of. Spending money like City, nostalgic for the past like Liverpool, aiming for 4th place like Arsenal and chopping and changing managers like Chelsea.

Harsh but fair.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

Manchester United have become everything their fans once took the piss out of. Spending money like City, nostalgic for the past like Liverpool, aiming for 4th place like Arsenal and chopping and changing managers like Chelsea.

Harsh but fair.
Well, it's true.

Given Chris Smalling that contract the other day imo, looks ridiculous

No manager worth anything is going to like that

Lentwood

What would count as a successful season now then?

The Jose-out brigade have promised me that Valencia, Young, Smalling, Jones, Fellaini, Mata, Herrera, Rashford, Lingard, Lindelof etc...etc...are all excellent players who just were not used correctly by Jose

If that's the case, shouldn't we be aiming to win most of our games now, playing swashbuckling football whilst we are at it?

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Spurs have conceded 13 goals fewer than we have...

It's obviously not a long term option, but for the remainder of this season, and into next, it's certainly preferable to what we're churning out on a weekly basis at the moment.
Of course, for the remainder of the season i hope that we'll have a proper go. Hopefully we're getting Zizou. :drool:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Harsh but fair.
Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.