Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

EwanI Ted

You sure about that? From what I heard, he gave in his list and it was shot down, Woody thought he knew better. Did JM choose Pogba?
Dont have the time to look for it now, but there's a tweet on here showing quotes from Mourinho in both his first and second summers saying he gave Woodward a list and they got most of what what he wanted. The board are also briefing that all the players were his picks, and lets be honest, if Mourinho had been given players he didnt want all the time we would have heard about it endlessley week after week. He's not exactly shy about stating his mind.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You sure about that? From what I heard, he gave in his list and it was shot down, Woody thought he knew better. Did JM choose Pogba?
Yes. He also chased him for Chelsea several times.

Jose in his first summer always talked about "having 3, but wanting a 4th". He praised Pogba and described his qualities very clearly.

They fell out it happens, but you cant say Mourinho didn't choose the players. Every player signed had his seal of approval.

UncleBob

Mourinho tried to sign Pogba when he was in his second stint at Chelsea. After things started going sour for Mourinho and Pogba wasn't performing, people started claiming that Mourinho never wanted him

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Mourinho tried to sign Pogba when he was in his second stint at Chelsea. After things started going sour for Mourinho and Pogba wasn't performing, people started claiming that Mourinho never wanted him
Cheers. You read so many opinion pieces, never can be sure what's true. Certainly a lot of spin about these days.

Bojan11

Mourinho wanted Griezmann and Pogba in 2015. That’s what started his meltdown in 2015 for them.

Moonwalker

It's funny, that one wasn't even insinuated by Mourinho at any point. Once you put the wheels in motion of blaming everything and all but yourself, the cultists will continue the good work for you, in creative ways you couldn't have imagined.

beedoubleyou

Nasty. The basis of JM’s mistrust of Giggs ... spin. EW ... eeeww ... has been a busy boy. Basically Ed thought he’d buy a set of big names and call the shots. Caretaker manager is just up his street, he can strut around now and develop some drama before the new appointment. Woodward please F off now and leave the club alone.
If that's true, nobody should ever hire that cnut ever again. He's a poison.

beedoubleyou

Nasty. The basis of JM’s mistrust of Giggs ... spin. EW ... eeeww ... has been a busy boy. Basically Ed thought he’d buy a set of big names and call the shots. Caretaker manager is just up his street, he can strut around now and develop some drama before the new appointment. Woodward please F off now and leave the club alone.
I didn't get that at all.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Any bets on how quickly Sanchez will recover from his injury now Mourinho is gone?

Tincanalley

I didn't get that at all.
I read somewhere (can't locate it now, sorry), that Mou didn't get on with Raiola and had Pogba forced on him. As you can read in the thread, other posters have different views; they may well be right. I guess we will always be going on gut as we watch from the sidelines. Different people have different reactions in different times. Maybe we pick different baddies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I read somewhere (can't locate it now, sorry), that Mou didn't get on with Raiola and had Pogba forced on him. As you can read in the thread, other posters have different views; they may well be right. I guess we will always be going on gut as we watch from the sidelines. Different people have different reactions in different times. Maybe we pick different baddies.
That's what Mourinho was saying about Pogba in 2015.

L1nk

Loads of people have also now said Mourinho wanted Pogba, he wanted him at Chelsea too. He wasn't forced on him, every signing made under Mourinho, Mourinho wanted. However, i would also say i wouldn't be surprised if Woodward was suggesting it from the off, if only for the marketing and financial aspect, and Mourinho was more than happy to agree because he loved Pogba

JPRouve

Scout
Interesting; cheers. Do you think that #pogback was Jose's idea, then? Or maybe someone else's idea which he welcomed?
I'm pretty sure that Pogba wanted to comeback, it was rumoured for years that despite the fact that he was happy in Turin, he was sad about not playing for United. The club was probably happy to sign him because he is an extremely talented player and we were in a tough spot and Mourinho was also probably thrilled since it is a player that he wanted to sign for Chelsea.

A complete guess would be that Raiola contacted United and United proposed him to Mourinho.

Lentwood

The decision to sack Jose will not be proven right or wrong by whether the caretaker manager wins "most of our games now, playing swashbuckling football whilst we are at it?" It will, of course, be proven right or wrong by how we perform over the next 3 years with a permanent manager in place.

I'm not referring to whether it's a 'good' or 'bad' decision to sack Jose. I am referring to the delusions of many on here who believe that the underwhelming performances delivered by some of our players is on Jose. That's not a straw man. If our attackers have a great end to the season and we score loads of goals then clearly Jose was shackling them. If they don't, I may be right in my suspicions that they are just not very good

If they're crap, its a good job we got rid of the guy who kept buying and playing them.

Too much weight is placed on the manager when it comes to signings. We have 50+ scouts who shortlist players for our manager who might actually only watch them a handful of times at best before submitting a request to Ed to sign the player. Our Scouting system as a whole has failed us for years. How many gems have we unearthed, even going back to SAF? Most of the time we just signed the best players from our rivals and even the one true diamond we did find was recommended by the players after we luckily played Sporting pre-season! (Ronaldo)

Lentwood

You spent over £50m on goalkeepers and defenders when most were spending less than £30m.

When City need a new striker or midfielders we will see how much you spend. If your club is happy to pay nearly £70m for a sub winger and over £60m for your last CB purchase I dread to think what you will pay for players in positions that demand a higher price.
This is a very good point that I often make and which is often over-looked. City have been spending money on GKs and FBs. Let's see how that 'transfer expenditure' comparison looks in 5yrs or so when they've had to sign forwards/midfielders

£75m for a CF is very much the going rate these days, if anything it's middle-of-the-road money (which is what Lukaku has proved to be)

Moriarty

A complete guess would be that Raiola contacted United and United proposed him to Mourinho.
Woodward is on record as saying that the deal to bring Pogba back was two years in the works. That means it was in progress when Moyes was in charge, or perhaps Van Gaal.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Woodward is on record as saying that the deal to bring Pogba back was two years in the works. That means it was in progress when Moyes was in charge, or perhaps Van Gaal.
Or means the club had been trying to get Pogba during that time (doesn't mean it was in progress), we we're linked with him when LVG was at the club and Jose was at Chelsea (Chelsea were also linked with him)

Rolaholic

Even Van Gaal got quite a few well wishes after his sacking,there's been absolutle radio silence from the squad this time around which is telling

They're abiding by the whole 'if you've got nothing nice to day,don't say anything' mantra it seems

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Awesome. They removed the tumor. Too bad the cancer is in the bones as well as our supposed brain. I guess the virus shouldn't be too much of a concern.
What the feck dude? No need for this kind of language.

Edit: seen your other post and hope your ok. I just don't think we need this language on the forum.

Djemba-Djemba

Even Van Gaal got quite a few well wishes after his sacking,there's been absolutle radio silence from the squad this time around which is telling

They're abiding by the whole 'if you've got nothing nice to day,don't say anything' mantra it seems
His ability to fall out with everyone he works with is almost impressive.

How can one man be so toxic?

JPRouve

Scout
It doesn't really mean that and I haven't seen the source of that comment. The club has tried to sign Sanchez several times, it doesn't mean that he was forced on anyone.

Tincanalley

What the feck dude? No need for this kind of language.

Edit: seen your other post and hope your ok. I just don't think we need this language on the forum.
Fecking internet. So hard to judge tone when you can't see eyes. How many times have I responded to something, and the next day it dawns on me that I didn't quite measure that as I would have in the real world. Also hope @bdspeedy is Ok.

0le

It doesn't really mean that and I haven't seen the source of that comment. The club has tried to sign Sanchez several times, it doesn't mean that he was forced on anyone.
You can't convince people mate. Some people probably believe Woodward also forced the managers to sign Blind, Rojo, Darmian, Fred, Dalot, Bailly, Lindelof, Schneiderlin...

Moriarty

I believe he said as much at a shareholders' meeting when the signing was announced. Oh, and I'm not suggesting that Pogba, or anyone else, was "forced" onto Mourinho or any manager. I do think however, that commercial considerations are very much in the mind of Woodward when we plan signings.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There's a lot of shit to throw at Ed but forcing players on managers isn't one of them.

JPRouve

Scout
I believe he said as much at a shareholders' meeting when the signing was announced. Oh, and I'm not suggesting that Pogba, or anyone else, was "forced" onto Mourinho or any manager. I do think however, that commercial considerations are very much in the mind of Woodward when we plan signings.
That's not what we were talking about though, we were talking about Mourinho not wanting Pogba and him being forced onto him. United as a club is interested in every single top players and every high profile players, like every other big club. And I would like to see the quotes to the investors because people have the tendency to distort his quotes to a ridiculous extent.

SteveW

Have to say its fecking great that he's gone. Still hasn't fully sunk in. No more listening to his shite and worrying about how much more damage he could do. No more watching my club and its players being purposely diminished by the manager every week. I wish him nothing but failure in the future

EwanI Ted

I'm not referring to whether it's a 'good' or 'bad' decision to sack Jose. I am referring to the delusions of many on here who believe that the underwhelming performances delivered by some of our players is on Jose. That's not a straw man. If our attackers have a great end to the season and we score loads of goals then clearly Jose was shackling them. If they don't, I may be right in my suspicions that they are just not very good
Most fans are just saying we'll improve. You're the one talking about winning most of our games, scoring loads of goals and playing swashbuckling football. And obviously the only reason you're setting the bar so ludicrously high is because it won't happen and you can therefore absolve Mourinho of any responsibility.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Does the reporter have no shame?
Talking about shame. I am ashamed by much of the dreadful language used by some people against another human being.

I had hoped that some of our supporters would have shown more class when another human being has been sacked from his job.

Oh. And please don't respond highlighting his pay off. It takes two to agree a contract.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Glad I watched that and I think the Caf needs to watch it, especially the Mourinho apologists. Sets some records straight.
This piece from Jason Burt is a damning indictment of Mourinho. What was even worse was his treatment of the youth players which made people within the club think he couldn't give a shit about them. The atmosphere around the club was awful and he'd alienated most of the players.

Sterling Archer

God damn, leave the man alone.
Agreed.

Right now I feel the kind of relief I've felt in the past upon leaving a relationship that was just never the right fit. In the beginning you have the excitement of a new relationship..from both sides. This was Jose's dream job for so long and you have to respect that. We had some highs - couple of cups and notable wins over rivals. But it was a wrong match from the core. And like with a bad relationship, once those mismatches start arising it's rarely pretty. And it was an ugly last six months. But bandage off. Let's move on.

And like a bad relationship, I've learned a lot about my love for this club and the important core values that endeared me in the first place. Our next full time hire must match those values and needs...we all know them. And frankly, I place such high importance on those things that I'd give up a decade without the title for them if that's the handshake I had to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.