Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Melon

This piece from Jason Burt is a damning indictment of Mourinho. What was even worse was his treatment of the youth players which made people within the club think he couldn't give a shit about them. The atmosphere around the club was awful and he'd alienated most of the players.
Can anyone post the article in full please. Thanks in advance!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Weird how Jose didn’t have problems keeping Terry as his Chelsea captain after he’d been shagging one of his team mates wives though. Good old Jose.
That didn't happen though.

Wayne Bridge has been married once and that was to a woman he met after the stuff with Terry. The woman Terry shagged was Bridge's ex-girlfriend.

If you think shagging your team-mates ex girlfriend is as bad as shagging your sister-in-law then fair enough.

Skills

Snitch
He sounds like a right piece of shit. The bit about the academy boys is especially disturbing.

Funnily enough the treatment of Shaw which half of this forum was bigging up, the club likened to bullying and not liked at all.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
That's the same cap he wore repeatedly after getting the sack from Chelsea three years ago.

AndyJ1985

Simon Jones

"Undermined" ffs :lol:

Hundreds of millions of pounds on players who we won't see a return on. I'm glad the board didn't give him any more money.
Undermined not financially but undermined in regards to players Mourinho wanted to release but board overruled. If you read the article i linked to it had a quote from Ferguson talking about the importance of the manager having power over players.

A reminder that Mourinho was the manager who
1. Became first manager in United history to win a trophy in first season
2. Won 2 trophies in first season
3. Highest league finish (2nd) since Ferguson
4. Highest league points total 81 points since Ferguson
5. New club record of longest unbeaten run at Old Trafford

But no, we'd rather put our faith in the Instagram loving antics of Pogba and

ravi2

Mourinho is a successful manager ... but his football and the way he handled the dressing room and the toxicity that he generated in the club ended up firing him, things that had already happened with Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Ed Woodward must assume this as another catastrophe and must understand that he can not make sporting decisions because his vision is purely commercial. As long as we do not have people who know football making important decisions we will continue to increase the list of failures.

We need a manager who plays an attractive/attacking football, improves the players and develops young players. Now the pressure must pass to the board and the players.

We should not be happy that Mourinho left ... it means that again our sport project failed. He was just part of the problem and the solution was chosen easier and faster.

We will continue with the problem until the right decisions are made, and as long as we do not have a manager that adequately represents what United means as a football club. We do not even have a real captain among the players.

There are many things that must change.
Think this point is particularly valid pal.
Jose is out and moving forward, the club will not be able to truly progress unless Woodward realizes that he should not be involved in the footballing side of affairs for United.

I hope the search for a sporting/technical director is of critical importance to the board and they get that and the next managerial appointment correct.

Last edited:

RedNed77

That didn't happen though.

Wayne Bridge has been married once and that was to a woman he met after the stuff with Terry. The woman Terry shagged was Bridge's ex-girlfriend.

If you think shagging your team-mates ex girlfriend is as bad as shagging your sister-in-law then fair enough.
No you’re right, what JT did was infinitely less bad than Giggs. Still, racing round to give your team mates recently ex girlfriend and mother of his child a cheeky one whilst your pretending to help her doesn’t exactly point towards terry being someone who is trustworthy does it, if you do think that though, fair enough.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
No you’re right, what JT did was infinitely less bad than Giggs. Still, racing round to give your team mates recently ex girlfriend and mother of his child a cheeky one whilst your pretending to help her doesn’t exactly point towards terry being someone who is trustworthy does it, if you do think that though, fair enough.
There's levels to shithousery. Cheating on your wife (which Terry did) with anyone is a crappy thing to do but it happens all the time. I've got friends that have done it, I've got immediate family that have done it and I still love and trust them.

Giggs' affair was some Jerry Springer level douche-baggery.

Anyway, this is a 10 year old debate and I doubt it's true (that Jose didn't want Giggs for this reason).

Eric's Seagull

Jose is out and moving forward, the club will not be able to truly progress unless Woodward realizes that he should not be involved in the footballing side of affairs for United.

I hope the search for a sporting/technical director is of critical importance to the board and they get that and the next material appointment correct.
Couldn't asgree with you more and i don't care what people think I think the appointment of sporting/technical director is going to be the one of the most crucial and if I could i would appoint both in Luis Campos ans Paul Mitchell.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Couldn't asgree with you more and i don't care what people think I think the appointment of sporting/technical director is going to be the one of the most crucial and if I could i would appoint both in Luis Campos ans Paul Mitchell.
You could work for Teresa May and both agree and disagree at the same time! :smirk: Breathtaking. But seriously, and guessing what you mean, I suspect I agree, to a degree. Know feck all about Campos, but saw the MEN report.

Awful guy, I'm just glad the nightmare is over.

world game
Sense of euphoria follows the end of Jose Mourinho's baffling reign
Jason Burt13:42, Dec 19 2018

Highs and lows of Mourinho at Man Utd:

Jose Mourinho came to Manchester United full of promise, but the road turned rocky nearly right away.

A gallows humour had developed at Manchester United under Jose Mourinho, and was often evident in the canteen at the club's Carrington training ground, where the players would ask each other which one of them the manager would "dig out" in his next press conference?

By the end it became a roll call of almost the entire first-team squad, but there were several low points along the way - not least the treatment of Luke Shaw, which some felt was close to bullying, and the bizarre decision to call him out along with Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard and Anthony Martial, for a "lack of maturity".

That canteen was also important for another strange decision by Mourinho, who apparently did not allow academy players access to have their lunch until the first team had finished. That meant they were often kept waiting until 3pm to eat, which baffled staff and appeared to symbolise a sense that he was simply not interested in the youth players or their set-up.

ravi2

Definitely, if the board doesn't get that appointment right we are doomed to make the same mistakes again. I get the sense that they realize how far we have fallen behind and there is no more margin for error.

POF

Classy exit from Jose. He's most likely been paid a lot of money relating to lack of public comment but it's still a nice change from the previous 2 lunatics.

Moonred

Classy exit from Jose. He's most likely been paid a lot of money relating to lack of public comment but it's still a nice change from the previous 2 lunatics.
You obviously don’t remember Lvg’s statement after the sack.

Last edited:

Bobski

Give it a couple of days, or weeks, until he has his sit down with Duncan Castles.

He should be happy, over the course of his stay and to leave he has probably made £50 million out of the club, to do a rubbish job, disrespect the club and our history at every turn, alienate another squad, and left us with his mess to clean. His mess, and given the club are clearly suggesting that all the signing were his perhaps we can avoid that excuse.

Eric's Seagull

He might not find it so easy to get a job in England after this.
I think he would find a job in England hard to come by regardless of how he has lowered his reputation. He will find it hard to get a club to give him the hundreds of £M he 'needs' to buy a squad capable of winning the Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.