Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We managed to do the thing that he couldn't overcome and that was to how to play proper football before conceding a goal

Bola

Those who supported him for so long need to take a long hard look at themselves. He was damaging the club you're supposed to love. And those of us who wanted to see the back of him a long time ago were labelled moaners, just because we actually want to see better for United and are vocal about it.
They need to become fans instead of 'fan boys'. If not, support whatever team Jose goes to next

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Imagining how he must have felt seeing that performance is the cherry on top. Everything wrong about the Jose’s tactics fixed in the space of two days, the man needs to take a long hard look at himself and realize what a dinosaur he’s become.
It is about time Mourinho reflects on his methods and ideas but I doubt he will ever change

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What did Rooney say? Please fill us in lads
He speaks to people from the club quite often and all the noises were that pretty much nobody was happy with the atmosphere and life there, not just players but staff at all levels.

Doubt Jose would have watched. His ego wouldn’t allow it - but if he did, he would be furious:

1. Either the players have been completely ignoring him this season, and his man Management doesn’t work.

2. He finally realises his methods and tactics are absolutely out of date and not effective anymore.

witchtrials

Just had the best idea of the day: someone should set up a Clough-Revie style interview where Mourinho is held to account for his decisions at United by Louis van Gaal.
Don't really feel I've received the credit I deserve for this piece of televisual genius. Isn't there anyone on here who works in media and can set the wheels in motion?

FujiVice

How can one man bring such misery to a whole club? His negativity could form a river of slime under Old Trafford.

NewMember

Doubt Jose would have watched. His ego wouldn’t allow it - but if he did, he would be furious:

1. Either the players have been completely ignoring him this season, and his man Management doesn’t work.

2. He finally realises his methods and tactics are absolutely out of date and not effective anymore.
He would claim that Cardiff controlled the game and we just got lucky. Similar to how he claimed we controlled games and had bad luck when we were totally getting played off the park. If there is one thing Mourinho will never run out of it’s excuses.

Idxomer

Does anyone have the moment before the 5th goal when our midfield surrounded the Cardiff player and got the ball off him? @GifLord

That is something we almost never saw under Mourinho especially when we are ahead in the game.

Always annoyed me how he let lesser teams just have the ball and pass it around as they like.

CA_vampire

I wanted Jose after SAF left. I never liked Moyes and I wanted him gone since day one. I wanted LVG gone after a few months because of the meaningless bullshit about "philosophy". I was happy that we finally got Jose and I was sure that he will bring us glory and he will stay with us for many years. I supported Jose till the Liverpool game.

Obviously I was wrong.

It is not only that he was miserable, it turns out he also made everyone else miserable. That's a crime. People should enjoy what they do, especially in football where psychology can contribute a lot to a good performance. Jose was the wrong manager for us. I am glad he is gone. I am very happy that we have Ole and we got 5 goals and 70% possession. That's the Man United we all want! Cheers!

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Does anyone have the moment before the 5th goal when our midfield surrounded the Cardiff player and got the ball off him? @GifLord

That is something we almost never saw under Mourinho especially when we are ahead in the game.

Always annoyed me how he let lesser teams just have the ball and pass it around as they like.
It's in the 5th goal

witchtrials

I wanted LVG gone after a few months because of the meaningless bullshit about "philosophy"
OK, brace for a wildly disproportionate reply to an off hand comment because you've repeated an old cliche that always got my goat.

No one disputes that van Gaal had a particular style of play that he tried to impose based on retaining possession, minimising risk etc. He encouraged a way of playing the game that was not centred around a particular formation but around other principles. Some managers might call this their favoured system, others might call it their playing style; van Gaal called it his playing philosophy. I really have never got what any adult football fan could find hard to understand. Feels like some fans make a point of claiming not to understand a simple concept just because he used a four syllable word to name it.

Oh dear, finally lost the plot over this philosophy thing.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

Clearly a good result tonight but the idea it’s going to turn around because Mourinho has left is a bit knee jerk. On paper Cardiff are the worse side in the league.

What frustrates me is all of a sudden the players were passing the ball quickly, passing and moving, playing in triangles. I can’t see how they couldn’t do that under Mourinho. Were they too worried about them defensive position to move off the ball?

dove

Clearly a good result tonight but the idea it’s going to turn around because Mourinho has left is a bit knee jerk. On paper Cardiff are the worse side in the league.

What frustrates me is all of a sudden the players were passing the ball quickly, passing and moving, playing in triangles. I can’t see how they couldn’t do that under Mourinho. Were they too worried about them defensive position to move off the ball?
Most likely. The formation was much more fluid today, Lindelof got at least twice as I remember in Cardiff's box on the counter. Would have never happened with Jose in charge. And most importantly we never stopped and kept going for more goals. So refreshing to see.

The United

If you follow Jose's career, of course it is mainly due to his tactic.

Now, people like to point out Jose has had some odd seasons where he played good attacking football. But, they were exception.

Even when he won last league title, his Chelsea team was boring as feck on their 2nd half of season as well with all the conservative approach.

The guy is known for it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Imagine having a manager who is afraid for his players to have the ball. What kind of shit is this?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Today's performance has put Millions back on players values. Well worth paying Jose's compensation.

red thru&thru

Close the thread? Let’s all move on. Nothing to say today’s performance will last. Let’s enjoy it and draw a line under Jose.

Ps, I know the thread won’t close but will be good for all to be positive again.

RedTiger

Half mast
I wanted Jose after SAF left. I never liked Moyes and I wanted him gone since day one. I wanted LVG gone after a few months because of the meaningless bullshit about "philosophy". I was happy that we finally got Jose and I was sure that he will bring us glory and he will stay with us for many years. I supported Jose till the Liverpool game.

Obviously I was wrong.

It is not only that he was miserable, it turns out he also made everyone else miserable. That's a crime. People should enjoy what they do, especially in football where psychology can contribute a lot to a good performance. Jose was the wrong manager for us. I am glad he is gone. I am very happy that we have Ole and we got 5 goals and 70% possession. That's the Man United we all want! Cheers!
You weren't wrong, our previous manager might have been a better fit straight after Fergie but following a Moyes season and 2 seasons of LVG was not the time for him to come.

Last edited:

The United

You weren't wrong, mourinho might have been a better fit straight after Fergie but following a Moyes season and 2 seasons of LVG was not the time for him to come.
I think with hindsight and what not.

I would think people might accept that he would never be United's manager for long no matter when we appoint him. Mainly due to the way he likes his team to play. His shitty man management would just make sure he would be gone in 3 seasons.

In general, we should stay away from that kind of manager no matter how successful they are. At least that's the thing I learnt after SAF.

Just like Brian Clough would not fit with United back in the day according to older fans due to being too much toxic.

Eric's Seagull

I think with hindsight and what not.

I would think people might accept that he would never be United's manager for long no matter when we appoint him. Mainly due to the way he likes his team to play. His shitty man management would just make sure he would be gone in 3 seasons.

I didn't expect for him to stay here long and was willing to put up with his 'pragmatism' to an extent as I had a lot of faith in his previous achievements and thought that he would have won us a Premiership title in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.