g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mourinho has dig at United fans over Lukaku

Phil

Same fans that booed Nani back in the day when he tried to make things happen. That cheer wildly when a player makes a slide tackle.

Football fans are a bit weird.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He was chasing it, didn't think he would get to it so pulled up for a slight second, then realised he may get to it, so started up again. Just a simple miscalculation, not testament to him being lazy or something like those who booed would have thought. He worked his socks off all game I thought.
No one booed. People groaned, there’s a difference. Just like if someone blasted a shot over, the supporting fans groan the opposition fans love it and go ‘wheyyy’.

I agree, Lukaku was great. That’s why no one got on his back, and why Mourinho is over reacting.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Mou won't be here long if he's picking fights with the crowd, he's spending a lot of money and we're playing tumescent stuff if we're being honest, football should be entertainment and there'd be no groans and moans from the crowd if we were playing like a top club.

Might be my memory, but I was sure Mourinho was charismatic at one point?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Mou won't be here long if he's picking fights with the crowd, he's spending a lot of money and we're playing tumescent stuff if we're being honest, football should be entertainment and there'd be no groans and moans from the crowd if we were playing like a top club.

You know that being charismatic is not synonymous to bending over to some people's wishes, right?

Plus the crowd bood Nani under Fergie too iirc, it's pretty hard to look for any 'if X happened, they would Y', they just do as they please, if it's booing somebody because they don't like him, they'll do it, if they want to sit silent and get outsung most of the game, so they will, as somebody already said, they're entitled to do that.

So is Mourinho to his opinion. If they cannot take it, well shit, don't dish it out if you cannot take it.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Because the average Man United fan is far too spoilt and most became fans around 1992 and onwards. They don’t understand what it is like to support a club that never wins anything. They just want to moan and whinge at everything.

el3mel

I don't know what Jose's play style has to do with this, it's like people just read the title thread and fill their agenda in posts even if it has no relation to this. Booing a sub isn't good at least for the player coming to play, whatever we agree with the manager or not.

People are trolling Madrid fans for doing this with their players but out of sudden we have no problem with this ?

edcunited1878

Not quite a dig when Jose says he's a little disappointed at people not supporting Lukaku. He's right to say it. The match against Liverpool he was ripped a new one. Then last week against Huddersfield, everyone overreacted.

Jose is supporting his player in the media when he deserves and has earned that support. No issues. But when Jose is critical of his player (e.g. Shaw), people go batshit crazy and are so offended, yet again it's warrented.

In the article, the hushing gesture was used in two contexts (quiet to the pundits for criticising and bashing his squad because of the past two league matches or to some disgruntled fans) to serve either point, but doesn't claim it to be correct or not.

parkthebuslads

I take it you disagree? My issue isn't so much with these latest comments (or any specific interview) but more in general terms. I can't recall the last time he spoke without moaning on endlessly about something.

Jagga7

The same fans would have sold Fellaini in the summer if they had their way, yet he's been one of our best players this season. Truth is Man United has some of the worst if not the worst supporters in Europe. Even Roy Keane called them prawn sandwhich fans. Most of them only support United because of the brand name. I guess that comes with being the biggest club in the world. (FYI I've been a loyal United fan since 1991 if that means anything).
It doesn't matter. It's the fans that pay for all their wages. If they are displeased as what they see on the pitch, they have a right to voice their opinions.

Mourinho produces boring football and then expects fans to praise him for it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Wait, do you expect 70odd thousand people to cater to individuals needs for how they react?
I don't expect our fans to boo our own players, full stop. Its not about an individual reaction scale for each player. It's a general idea really. You don't boo your own players.

Dele Alli should've been seeing booed yesterday every time he touched it. At Huddersfield Herrera was getting booed because of something innocuous, but it helped build the atmosphere.

haram

People should really back the manager. He knows what he's doing and proved it again yesterday.

ManUArfa

I'm not sure what's wrong keeping the shape (and the clean sheet) and then, in the closing stages of a game, bringing on one young talent with fresh legs who bags the winner to replace another young talent with tiring legs.

edcunited1878

If the club acted like a big club immediately after Fergie retired and had a handle of transfers, United wouldn't have suffered as much. Jose isn't all to blame, if at all.

tumescent stuff in patches sure, but this isn't fantasy football, especially when teams defend with 9 and 10 behind the ball. support City or PSG.

SirAF

Ageist
Of course. An unsuccessful attempt at encouraging you to offer a rebuttal or opinion, in the spirit of a forum.
Your comments were so inane that they are not worthy of a rebuttal. That’s one of the greatest managers of the modern game you’re talking about and you are «starting to dislike him as much as Moyes».

Especially after two trophies and one of United’s best starts to a season for ages. Happy Halloween!

togg

Not sure of the stats, but I'm pretty sure I'd be right in saying that Mourinho is pretty good with making subs that affect the outcome of the game. He's a real observer of the what's going on and usually gets it pretty spot on - the timing of them is also something he's astute at...as was the case yesterday. I'm sure those few booing his decision to take off Rashford had a re-think about it later...

edcunited1878

It doesn't matter. It's the fans that pay for all their wages. If they are displeased as what they see on the pitch, they have a right to voice their opinions.

Yesterday wasn't boring.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The booing with Rashford obviously wasn't for the player, but the fans feeling frustrated and wanting to see both Martial and Rashford in the pitch at the same time. I think it's something we would all love to see from time to time, and considering the game was still in the balance the frustration was understandable.

As for the Lukaku one, you here those sorts of groans all the time in these very tight games. A stray pass, a missed mass, a player holding on to the ball too long. I think Lukaku could have got the ball, but just hesitated slightly. Nothing to do with him being lazy at all, just kind of misjudged the speed of the ball i think.

Frankly i don't see anything wrong with it. The fans obviously support and like him. Jose bringing that up was a little silly and unnecessary.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
No need for Jose to complain about minor things like this IMO. Generally, better football leads to better atmospheres.

AK29

Unnessasery comments for me
It'll only make the relationship with some segments of the fans worse.
Nobody would be talking about the booing if he had not done so
That's the second time he attacks the fans !
How's that useful to anyone !

Has he not seen RM fans booing "C.Ronaldo" at different occuasions ?

RedStarUnited

Madrid fans get killed in here for moaning at their super stars.

PS Rashford wasnt creating anything, he was rightly subbed off for a different attacker.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I don't expect our fans to boo our own players, full stop. Its not about an individual reaction scale for each player. It's a general idea really. You don't boo your own players.

Dele Alli should've been seeing booed yesterday every time he touched it. At Huddersfield Herrera was getting booed because of something innocuous, but it helped build the atmosphere.
The fans weren’t booing Martial they were booing Mourinho’s decision to take off our one player that was actually looking lively.

SammyUnited_83

He's right though. I couldn't understand the boos when Rashford was replaced - it's not as if he was bringing a defender on.
It was a strange one at the time.

We needed a goal and took one of our most dangerous players off. Ultimately it worked.

Lukaku for 80mins was pretty bad yesterday, fans will always groan not matter who gives the ball away.

Klopp_De_Klown

Knowing what i know of these types...
And reading the clickbait headlines shite on twitter or whatever i am very dubious of this report.

Has anybody a video of this presser or interview?

Moonred

Not sure what Jose keeps getting annoyed about. The same reactions are found everywhere when people follow a team. Despair and jubilations at the heat of the moment is pretty normal. It was a tight match, and reactions like those are natural reflection. Are people expected to behave like prim and proper dullards? But then again, it’s Mourinho. A good night sleep is preceded by some odd bickering like this so it’s not surprising.

Last edited:

snk123

Have a feeling fans have really not warmed up to Lukaku. Thank God he's had the start that he's had otherwise "red-devils" at OT would have put him under a lot of pressure.

SammyUnited_83

The fans weren’t booing Martial they were booing Mourinho’s decision to take off our one player that was actually looking lively.
Exactly.

This is another mountain out of a mole hill.

Fans reaction happened alot under LvG as when chasing a game he rarely took risks and this was the 1st sign of discontent towards the new managers decision.

Ultimately Jose got it right, no need to bring this up. Especially when every player gets a groan if they do something wrong.

Strange one, again.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
If the club acted like a big club immediately after Fergie retired and had a handle of transfers, United wouldn't have suffered as much. Jose isn't all to blame, if at all.

tumescent stuff in patches sure, but this isn't fantasy football, especially when teams defend with 9 and 10 behind the ball. support City or PSG.
Support City or PSG because I like entertaining football? I'm fine thank you, supported United all my life, I don't expect champagne football all the time, but the football we play after the amount of money we spend is shocking.

Tarrou

Knowing what i know of these types...
And reading the clickbait headlines shite on twitter or whatever i am very dubious of this report.

Has anybody a video of this presser or interview?
Yeah he said it on the MUTV interview it’s posted on here somehwere, the post match thread I think

Devil may care

I don't know why he's poking the bear, they weren't booing Lukaku, they were booing the fact he was taking our best attacker on the day, off, no big deal, that happens at grounds all over the country every week and he knows this, but for some reason is trying to make it an issue.

I'm starting to dislike him as much as Moyes. He's so thoroughly unlikable and so needlessly bitter and miserable, that watching him give an interview has become a chore.
He is hard to like I agree, he's just so sour these days, but in truth all of the managers of the top 6 are unlikable bar Pochettino, who is just bland.