Mourinho on Martial after today's game

Minimalist

What a completely normal thing to say in a post-match interview.

The man is deranged. And he has been for a long time now - this is like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

liamp

Easy target given the bizarre civil war that supporters wage around Martial's usefulness.

Good thing he subbed him for Mata. This game was definitely calling out for Juan Mata.

Shiva87

Yes. That's Jose. Game gone bad - put the two players you are having trouble with in the limelight to take the blame.

This is classic divide and rule. Let the fans go at those players!

Zoo

He brought up Martial unprovoked too. He can just feck right off.

Aloysius's Back 3

Why not play Sanchez, Martial & Rashford up top - You dont have to replace one for one - Lukaku is there too :rolleyes: too bad he is his favourite.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So Sanchez doesn't perform well for so long, yet Martial gets shit from Mourinho after one game:rolleyes: Ok Jose, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

AndyJ1985

So he was trying to prove a point that Martial is no better and the fans were wrong.

SER19

Lads Martial was abolsutely diabolical. Arguably a zero out of ten performance and this was before the game got away from us. Yes mourinho is letting his ego try prove people that they aren’t always right but our players have been withiut responsibility for 5 years. If martial played like that in Madrid or Milan he wouldn’t be safe leaving the stadium

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What a stupid thing to say, Martial was one of the last players I'd call out for today. In fact, we were having a decent spell until Mourinho decided to take him and Pogba off.

el3mel

The full presser was for someone completely out of his depth. He's already in a meltdown and we need to put him out of his misery.

Minimalist

Lads Martial was abolsutely diabolical. Arguably a zero out of ten performance and this was before the game got away from us. Yes mourinho is letting his ego try prove people that they aren’t always right but our players have been withiut responsibility for 5 years. If martial played like that in Madrid or Milan he wouldn’t be safe leaving the stadium
Martial's performance is actually irrelevant. Our manager shouldn't talk like this.

He's a fecking mental case. As if we didn't already know.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And still Martial did better than Alexis in ages. If he doesn't like the player, why is he even playing him ? Is Man United a way for him to play his sick "i'm always right" games. feck off already you cnut

Shaguar2k

Yes, so, the player replacing the underperforming Sanchez should only get one game to show himself? Truly a genius this man.... does he really know how stupid he makes himself look?

Fracture90

Full self-preservation mode, same shameless shiit he pulled with subbing off Lindelof, just so he can moan about not getting a CB when he already squandered 400 million and not even managing to get the best out of his own signings.

Pacificgi

Martial looked decent. What didnt help any of our attackers was the change in tactics. Martials shown more in this one game than Alexis has all season.

Weirdy, the change in tactics today wouldve actually suited Alexis more than martial

Idxomer

I see he's still deflecting the attention away from the players.

arthurka

Not in here to defend Martial but Jose can do one, he was terrible today . What a tactical genius.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is the full post match presser available anywhere?

El Zoido

Wtf are those for comments. Has he completely lost his mind?!

Trophy Room

I think he just wants to be sacked and get his 12 million. No doubt Ed will drag this out trying to save a couple of quid.

Greck

Had to scapegoat Martial for not producing a moment of individual brilliance to bail his shithouse tactics

jungledrums

What :lol: he wasn’t good, but a zero? If he’s a zero you’re getting in the negatives for every other player. Who was better than Martial today?

chb23

When i viewed the comments live i didnt think he was critizing martial at all.

He was answering a question about why sanchez wasnt in the squad. I think he was just saying that its no biggy as everyones been saying sanchez has been poor anyway

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
TBH he was asked about dropping Sanchez and not Martial. So I'm not sure it was a dig at Martial but still, I don't understand why he has to say something like that