Mourinho on Martial after today's game

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
When i viewed the comments live i didnt think he was critizing martial at all.

He was answering a question about why sanchez wasnt in the squad. I think he was just saying that its no biggy as everyones been saying sanchez has been poor anyway
Agree, but still a poor answer

SER19

Martial's performance is actually irrelevant. Our manager shouldn't talk like this.

He's a fecking mental case. As if we didn't already know.
I agree that it’s typical mourinho but I don’t get carried away with reading into it. He’s done it when he’s massively successful too.

I find fans reactions that are so strongly anti mourinho in any case like this ignore just how bad the performance being offered by multi millionaires on our team is. I would call it disgraceful

Cloud7

One of these days someone is going to do a case study on self destructive personalities and Mourinho is going to feature heavily as a prime example.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Lads Martial was abolsutely diabolical. Arguably a zero out of ten performance and this was before the game got away from us. Yes mourinho is letting his ego try prove people that they aren’t always right but our players have been withiut responsibility for 5 years. If martial played like that in Madrid or Milan he wouldn’t be safe leaving the stadium
Two questions.
1. Was he our worst performer today?
2. Was he any worse then Sanchez has been?

The answer to both is no.

SER19

What :lol: he wasn’t good, but a zero? If he’s a zero you’re getting in the negatives for every other player. Who was better than Martial today?
Nobody. It was a collective shambles that with or without coaching (which of course seems to be lacking) lacked the absolute basics somebody should offer.

R'hllor

What the feck, he is doing similar shit like last season (game after Brighton at home i think).

fezzerUTD

I have swung the past few days. Players are no saints, but Jose need to be gone, the football being so dire is my main issue. Crap like this secondary.

SER19

Two questions.
1. Was he our worst performer today?
2. Was he any worse then Sanchez has been?

The answer to both is no.
He was our joint worst with about 8 others. Nope he and Sanchez have been equally dreadful.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I wonder how many Martial FCs are also pro-Jose?

Not that will be much longer mind...

Andersons Dietician

I watched that bit but missed the question that led up to that, did he even imply Martial played badly? Or did he just state people have been asking for him to play for months as that tweet doesn’t really say much.
@chb23 yeah I agree with you, I didn’t really see anything nefarious with his comments or any other double meaning behind it. Might as well close this thread as it’s nothing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep martial is why we lost today!

How can a manager think slating a player after a terrible defeat and saying we lack quality helps?
Whose fault is it we lack quality?!

SER19

Edit this post to show some context it’s blatant shit stirring or wilfully interpreting it negatively. It was in response to being asked why Sanchez was left out and he said for months people have said where’s martial so martial in meant Sanchez out. Again he’s said absolutely nothing about the player but the cliches start anyway

SER19

Yep martial is why we lost today!

How can a manager think slating a player after a terrible defeat and saying we lack quality helps?
Whose fault is it we lack quality?!
Where’s the quote that he slated his player. Post please

SER19

When i viewed the comments live i didnt think he was critizing martial at all.

He was answering a question about why sanchez wasnt in the squad. I think he was just saying that its no biggy as everyones been saying sanchez has been poor anyway
He wasn’t. Remotely. But when did that stop idiots foaming at the mouth

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's clear as summer day he just wants out but doesn't want to resign (and lose that nice big package). At this point, sorry to say, only foolish to believe otherwise. The fact is, the boards have given up on him, hence the almost non-existence Summer transfer activity. But they want Mou to resign, so we don't have to pay those ~20m parting package.

Folks, he has history with this kind of stuff before, in his last 2 clubs. The pattern is the same of what he wants afterward.

Last edited:

jungledrums

Where’s the quote that he slated his player. Post please
There are obvious connotations to his comment. There aren’t explicit quotes attacking Martial - there’s nonetheless a discussion to be had as to whether it was a dig at Martial or simply an explanation as to why he played. If it is the latter though, did he make a selection decision based on fan opinion? I don’t know what’s worse.

GBBQ

Edit this post to show some context it’s blatant shit stirring or wilfully interpreting it negatively. It was in response to being asked why Sanchez was left out and he said for months people have said where’s martial so martial in meant Sanchez out. Again he’s said absolutely nothing about the player but the cliches start anyway
Martial has been on the bench though so why is Sanchez not replacing him on the bench? There’s more to it and Mou is the one who brings Martial into it, not the media.

Red_toad

I watched that bit but missed the question that led up to that, did he even imply Martial played badly? Or did he just state people have been asking for him to play for months as that tweet doesn’t really say much.
@chb23 yeah I agree with you, I didn’t really see anything nefarious with his comments or any other double meaning behind it. Might as well close this thread as it’s nothing.
It's the Caf, we've just lost so the meltdown will ensue. I agree nothing in that quote. He gave Martial a chance and left Sanchez out, that's his comment.

cyberman

Hes saying the press only ever ask about who is left out.
Behave yourselves.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Who gives a toss? You lot are unbearable. Martial's performances are just as disgraceful as Jose's interviews.

Decomposing In Paris

Maybe I need to listen to it again, but when I heard it in real time I really felt it was more of a dig at Sanchez. He confessed that he'd preserved with him through poor form, and couldn't do it any longer. He talked about the offside and the deflection... did I miss something where he said "this is all Martial's fault"?