Mourinho on Martial after today's game

djembatheking

As much as I hate to see player power getting managers sacked I think we are close to that point now . The players just don`t seem to be putting the effort in and Jose doesn`t seem to have the qualities to get them back onside . Everyone just seem to be going through the motions , players just doing enough to be seen to remain professional and Jose throwing bombs around not really helping but he isn`t going to walk as he wants his pay out . Sad times .

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London

jem

What a stupid thing to say, Martial was one of the last players I'd call out for today. In fact, we were having a decent spell until Mourinho decided to take him and Pogba off.
He was garbage - one little tricky dribble to get to the byline that as usual led to nothing. Mourinho still shouldn't be pulling this shit though.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
Really! What kind of a manager tries to score points over fans in his post-match comments after a defeat! Mourinho is so petty at times!

J_XO

He’s lost the plot. The circus continues and I have a feeling it will go on for months.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was garbage - one little tricky dribble to get to the byline that as usual led to nothing. Mourinho still shouldn't be pulling this shit though.
Wasn't worse than anyone else on the pitch yet was called out and used for point scoring.

Throwing another player under the bus to divert blame. He needs to go asap.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Martial i thought was one of our better players.
He was terrible. Kept running to where the defenders were instead of trying to get open and constantly tried to dribble through 3 defenders when he should have just passed the ball to someone who was open.

SER19

You Jose rectum dwellers are never far away from insults
Aside from your lame insult, I pro supporting the manager but not against criticism where it’s due. This thread is just a little group freak out

SER19

Martial has been on the bench though so why is Sanchez not replacing him on the bench? There’s more to it and Mou is the one who brings Martial into it, not the media.
It’s still not how many seem adamant to present it as.

gza the genius

Play the worst tactics you can possibly think of in a way that absolutely no player can succeed in and then blame said players when it inevitably goes to shit - but only blame the players that you already don't like. Commenting on his defensive duties when we played a back three with two defensive mids is just absolutely insane. Did he want everyone but Lukaku defending at all times?

Not to mention we actually started playing a little bit once Rashford came on and Martial was the main one, and then Jose took him off.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No need to listen again.

Sanchez and Lingard not in the squad is enough to send a message they have not been playing well. There is absolutely no need to mention names. Just say the most obvious. Simply say that I pick the teams according to the opposition or I'm utilising the squad.
Which is what any self-respecting manager would come out with, rather than publically assaulting individual players and destroying their confidence in the process. He's been doing this shit for 3 seasons now, with no sign of letting up.

If he is actively trying to get himself sacked (wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given the compensation he is due in the event it takes place) he is going the right way about it.

SER19

Haha did you even see the tactics and formations deployed? Martial,lukaku and pogba literally had no options at any point. They had to just get the ball and try to run through everyone. The tactics were disgraceful. I don't know what you were expecting from martial when we literally had 8 men behind the ball the whole first half. Even then he was one of the few trying to make a difference. Lukaku was far worse.
Separate discussion. Like I’ve said no matter who is in charge there should be a basic amount of work rate and simple things done. There wasn’t, it was an appalling performance in every single individual way. And I like martial

Ban

When was the last time Jose help up his hands and say, ‘I got the tactics wrong’ or ‘I fecked up’?
It’s always someone else’s fault. The bloke is a twat.
Name me a manager who admits its his fault. Managers do that very, very rarely.

mancan92

He was terrible. Kept running to where the defenders were instead of trying to get open and constantly tried to dribble through 3 defenders when he should have just passed the ball to someone who was open.
Let's be honest all of our attacking players did that because they had absolutely no options in attack. How many times did martial get the ball and not have a player within 50 meters of him.

b20times

Why does jose choose to pick personal fights with players?
Tony is a fantastic player, he purrs when he runs with the ball, he doesn't get enough playing time for me.
Another young player who jose has the potential to stifle his career.

SER19

He wasn't diabolical. Remember that one move where he took three players out in the second half? If his cross resulted in a goal you wouldn't be here posting this. His overall performance wasn't great but he still did more than Sanchez has managed all season
I’m not here to discuss him versus Sanchez. Nor am I criticising him out of any personal agenda. Same could be said for many players but if you think his performance was worthy of the club and the shirt he wears then good luck to you. The expectations of fans have plummeted. Potential is worth more than delivering

jem

Wasn't worse than anyone else on the pitch yet was called out and used for point scoring.
Like I said, I have no time for Mourinho's gargabe - that being said, I think he was useless - doesn't make a difference if most of the others were as well. I expect players like Martial to be difference makers, not just one of a shitty bunch.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
And apparently no player is bigger than the club.
United are fast becoming a laughing stock for desperately beyond all reasonable doubt believing the 'manager is greater than the club' mantra. Even Scousers who usually deify their managers are not as daft as we have been post Fergie.

Janson

Full self-preservation mode, same shameless shiit he pulled with subbing off Lindelof, just so he can moan about not getting a CB when he already squandered 400 million and not even managing to get the best out of his own signings.
He would not be saying anything controversial like this if he was interested in self preservation.

SER19

How would you present his latest announcement?
He was asked why no Sanchez and I believe he was irritated to be questioned about selection by those he calls the ‘geniuses’ and wanted to say ‘were you not one of the guys who was saying where’s martial and now it’s wheres sanchez’ but doesn’t have the nuances. It wasn’t a go at the player. People were rash and decided it was based on a tweet that lacked the initial question.

Castia

sick of hearing his fecking bullshit, the squad must hate him.

mancan92

Like I said, I have no time for Mourinho's gargabe - that being said, I think he was useless - doesn't make a difference if most of the others were as well. I expect players like Martial to be difference makers, not just one of a shitty bunch.
Honestly what did you expect of him? To run through their whole team? He and lukaku were literally 2 against 6 at all times.

jem

He wasn't diabolical. Remember that one move where he took three players out in the second half? If his cross resulted in a goal you wouldn't be here posting this. His overall performance wasn't great but he still did more than Sanchez has managed all season
It didn't though, did it? And that invariably seems to be the case with Martial this year. Sanchez has been shit, but his performance against Burnley was far better than anything Martial served up today.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If one attacking player was struggling its their problem, if all the attacking players are struggling it goes beyond a single player.

SER19

I don’t think he’s having a go at martial, rather pointing out the fickleness of fans looking to tar him for every decision he makes.
This is what’s happened. And the op posted a quote as a stand-alone without the leading question or context and people went into automatic reaction mode. It’s quite a symbolic thread this

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He was asked why no Sanchez and I believe he was irritated to be questioned about selection by those he calls the ‘geniuses’ and wanted to say ‘were you not one of the guys who was saying where’s martial and now it’s wheres sanchez’ but doesn’t have the nuances. It wasn’t a go at the player. People were rash and decided it was based on a tweet that lacked the initial question.
That would be fair interpretation if we weren't discussing Jose Mourinho, but given he has previous for throwing his players under the bus following a poor performance (at every club he has ever managed might I add) do you not think it more likely that the following is equally, if not more viable?

My personal interpretation of this announcement is that he simply wished to say that we have all been complaining about Sanchez's performances since the day he was purchased, and it is high time Martial replaced him in the starting lineup, but when he does eventually replace him, his performance was just as bad if not worse than Sanchez has offered before him.

For what it's worth I disagree with Jose. I thought Martial, although nothing special, showed more attacking intent in his time on the pitch than any other United player.

Jojo <3 Mou

When i viewed the comments live i didnt think he was critizing martial at all.

He was answering a question about why sanchez wasnt in the squad. I think he was just saying that its no biggy as everyones been saying sanchez has been poor anyway
That's what I thought.

When I saw the reactions to this quote, I had to ask myself if I was exceptionally naive or people are just looking for a reason to be upset?