Mourinho or Pogba?

If it was an either/or situation, who would you rather United keep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZAGREB RED

It will probably be Pogba that goes, unless the Board decide it is Mourinho who is the problem, but really I think there are plenty of United players just now who would rather see Mourinho gone. Doesn't make it right, but I'm sure most would agree that surely a few other managers out there could come in and do a better job with the current squad.
I think Mourinho is done at the top level of management in any case, he looks lost at United just now.

Noc-Z

ffs
I don't like Pogba, but I'm not crazy on Mourinho either....I dislike Pogba more...but Mourinho is to blame as he brought him here!...this is indeed a difficult choice! Pushed, I'd get rid of Pogba. At least we'll get money for him, and I really can't stand him.

In Rainbows

What most people are alluding to is that fact that when a player who has given very little thinks he’s bigger than the manager then he needs to be put back in his place. Simple questions would pep – klopp or any other manager worth there salt put up with constant crap.
Would they fall out with Pogba? Who knows. It's not the same situation. Mou has been having bad relationships with players and his football approach irks players. I can see Pep falling out with players, but he won't have the latter.

In Rainbows

For me it would be Pogba who has to go, choosing the player over the manager sets a precedent that could be used against a new manager if the player in question doesn't like him.
It depends on whether you believe the manager is worth it. If the new manager is overall a positive force for United, then the situation changes dramatically. Being rigid doesn't work.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
maybe because he says " he will be fined for saying anything". No one but martial was fined so i guess he was implying that all the players are afraid to talk.
I’m really not sure how you reached the conclusion that players are afraid to talk from that

aganley

Pogba tried to create unrest via Raiola and force a move. Nothing out of the ordinary, and he didn't disrespect the club while doing it, like passing derogatory remarks such as "I am a slave here" or similar. He wants a move -- might have a scummy agent, but his actions were not an insult to us.

So the question is who is more important for our season? Is it Pogba's performances or Mourinho's management. Think I will go with Pogba. I have no hope Mourinho's management can fetch us anything beyond 5th-6th at the most. There is also a greater chance of Pogba staying longer than Mourinho at the club anyway.
So you’re backing a player who would get on the first plane to Barcelona given half a chance.

Mainoldo

So you’re backing a player who would get on the first plane to Barcelona given half a chance.
Who cares. We back Manchester United. Pogba and a new manager is fair better than Mourinho and no Pogba. Good grief could you imagine Mourinho and Savic.. new toy same crap.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Who cares. We back Manchester United. Pogba and a new manager is fair better than Mourinho and no Pogba. Good grief could you imagine Mourinho and Savic.. new toy same crap.
Indeed

theREDMAN

Jose is a busted flush anyway, would prefer we at least see how Pogba does under another manager.
I agree. I remember when we got Pogba Zidane said in an interview, "If Pogba comes to Madrid he wins Ballon D'or" while insinuating that under Mourinho he would be a disaster. No matter who the manager is, Pogba needs to play for the shirt and shape up his attitude issues. However, I agree with him that we are way to defensive, especially at home. I feel like Pogba is such a huge talent and when he is good, he is IMMENSE. The pass to Fred was SUBLIME. I would like to see him under a different man management style. Pogba showed in the WC that he can play Mourinho's style, he just needs to be coddled. As much as that makes us normal human sick, just remember, Pogba has probably been treated as baby Jesus since he was all of 13 so it is what he is used to. Our systems create these guys, makes the RICH, and entitles them, then we get mad when they throw their toys out the pram.

I was reluctantly for Jose being manager at first because I just wanted to get the club back to winning no matter what style we played. Last year after the press conference following the Sevilla loss, I realized what Jose really thinks about our club. For him to deflect blame about his garbage tactics and decisions (especially to bench Pogba for Fellaini) and start to talk about how "United should be use to losing at this stage" because "he beat us here at the same stage" was beyond classless. I will back and support the team and manager no matter what, but in my opinion Mourinho has needed to be moved on since then.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
With new manager + Pogba (ie France) there is still hope

With Mourinho, we are hopeless

Vanya

Player power is what cost Mourinho his job at Real. The same is going to happen at United.

We would be crazy to keep him for another season. He's lost that aura he used to have and neither the results nor the playing style warrant retaining him for next season.

He's done a good job and he's improved us more than van Gaal or Moyes did but his time here is up.

We won't get a better chance to bring in someone like Zidane and in turn attract players of the caliber of Mbappe Ndombele Frankie de Jong. to the club using Zidane's and Pogba's appeal. It would be foolish to choose Mourinho over that possibility.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Pogba will sign 10 years contract if Zidane takes over. I think even Griezmann could rethink his stance about moving from Atleti. As far as I know, everybody loves Zidane and think of him almost as a hero. He got beautiful history but perhaps I'm going too far with these speculations and it's all justo keep pressure on Jose by the media ? Who knows...

Pogba in form is unstoppable and just like Zidane is World Cup winner, it's better to keep him and Mourinho should really think about compromising for the sake of this team if he wants to stay any longer. We need simply world class players.

Cassidy

Player power is what cost Mourinho his job at Real. The same is going to happen at United.

We would be crazy to keep him for another season. He's lost that aura he used to have and neither the results nor the playing style warrant retaining him for next season.

He's done a good job and he's improved us more than van Gaal or Moyes did but his time here is up.

We won't get a better chance to bring in someone like Zidane and in turn attract players of the caliber of Mbappe Ndombele Frankie de Jong. to the club using Zidane's and Pogba's appeal. It would be foolish to choose Mourinho over that possibility.
I think it actually his own personality and underperformance and not player power. Player power was just the end result.

saivet

I'm still befuddled that Mourinho wasn't sacked midway through his post-sevilla press conference, where he decided to take a dump on his players, the club, and gloat about it

At any other big club he'd have been punted into the sun for that

Pogba has been unprofessional in his interviews this season. Mourinho has been far, far worse, since midway through last season
Just reminding me of that press conference pisses me off. Baffled how it was dismissed so quickly by so many United fans.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
It's not as cut and dry. Lots of Chelsea players have said either directly (Willian, Luiz) or indirectly (Hazard) that they wanted to leave if Chelsea continued under Conte.

I understand fans specially of a club like Man Utd with Fergie's legacy may hate player power but today top players are super ambitious and there is player power everywhere.

Tomorrow if under new manager like Zidane, Pogba starts delivering consistently, all will be forgotten.

Neo_Mufc

Mourinho is not an asset to this club. Pogba is worth a ton to our club at the moment.

That video does not look good. It's really sad to see our club like this.

Neo_Mufc

Just watching the video again. Damn you Carrick you get in the way at a pivotal point.

Does Pogba go to put his hand out at Mourinho and he doesn't take his hands out his pocket? Or is he just going up to Fat Daley Blind to greet him and then Mourinho has a dig?

GBBQ

Mourinho will be unsackable as long as he brings top 4 finishes because there's very few out there who can guarantee to deliver that, let alone improve on that with a title win. Even if his ways are controversial it still doesn't make business sense to sack him if he's getting the job done as expected.

If he's dropped out of the top 4 by a considerable amount by Christmas (say 10 points behind 4th place) then we have a decision to make but right now his job should be somewhat safe even if the title is already gone.

Name Changed

weso26
The questions for me are...

Who will most likely last longer to the club ?
Who is worth more to the club?
If one of them leaves, will it improve us? If so which one? Or both?

Name Changed

weso26
Mourinho will be unsackable as long as he brings top 4 finishes because there's very few out there who can guarantee to deliver that, let alone improve on that with a title win. Even if his ways are controversial it still doesn't make business sense to sack him if he's getting the job done as expected.

If he's dropped out of the top 4 by a considerable amount by Christmas (say 10 points behind 4th place) then we have a decision to make but right now his job should be somewhat safe even if the title is already gone.
What are the chances of us getting top 4 this season do you think ? There's no way we are coming first or second.

SAFMUTD

Mourinho out, he could have Messi and make him look poor. As many have said already it doesn’t matter who arrives as long as we keep Mourinho the result in attack will be the same.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I had hoped the rumors are just intoxication form the press but its obvious now that there is a serious rift between Pogba and Jose. On one hand, what Pogba is doing is very toxic and wrong , no player should leak things like that and it shows hes got an attitude problem. If i am looking to his social media account, he obviously thinks the world about his own persona.
On the other hand, Jose's attitude is no better and his feuds of late are too serious to get ignored, looking like a stupid kid sometimes, that is not acceptable, especially at this level.

If Pogba loves the club and wants to spend most of his career with us, considering the potential he's got, i would chose him over Jose. If that's not the case, then he should leave the club and maybe we can sort it out without him. Either way, terrible thing to happen, unacceptable at this level and i think that both are to blame. The way it unfolded it appears that Pogba is the culprit but lets not forget Jose has been in this position before while managing other clubs. I don't understand what happened to him to be honest, i always thought he knows how to motivate his best players. Is he so bad that players start to yell their distaste for him on social media to the whole world?

Were not great with Jose but we are playing better with him than under the previous other 2 and ill take that for now. Is not like there is anyone else worthy of the job available right now. I think Pogba will leave, most likely next summer, and probably Jose will follow too, maybe the year after that, after another lackluster year in charge. We have thrown a lot of shit to Woodward direction but he is the only one who can solve this and barring in mind he's got the club and his own job to think about, i trust he will do what is best for Manchester United.

SpyLuke10

Pogba has put in 2 really good performances in a row for us for the first time I can remember, against Young Boys and Wolves. But... I really don't like his shitty antics involving him + Raiola vs Scholes, nor do I like the bullshit "there are things I cannot say or else I'll get fined". I especially don't like Pogba's comments that who knows what will happen in a few months and the namedropping of Barcelona. I think if he wants to leave then let him go, for a good price of course.

With Jose, while I absolutely hate his constant praising of Fellaini and I really didn't like that Sevilla press conference. At least it seems like he has tried to be the mature one here with Pogba. Jose gave Pogba the captaincy to try and make amends with Pogba, its clear as daylight, and Pogba with his cryptic bullshit effectively spat in his hand. Jose tried to repair his relationship with Pogba and Pogba was the one who went out and created negativity around the club with his weekly immature and unnecessary comments.

I say just let things play out as they play out, I think in the near future we might get to see whether or not Jose or Pogba really wants to be here (do they like it at United/love the club?).

I'm leaning slightly more towards Pogba leaving over Jose (ie: Jose), but not because of Pogba specifically, it's more so because I don't want our club to be involved with the fatso Raiola anymore. I don't want United to have anything to do with that guy anymore. Maybe its him who has been in Pogba's ear (Palpatine-Anakin style). Maybe Raiola is the one behind the scenes who has been turning Pogba's head because he wants another nice paycheck since getting as much money as possible for himself (and naturally his players therefore) is the top priority for Mino ####ola.

Cassidy

Pogba has put in 2 really good performances in a row for us for the first time I can remember, against Young Boys and Wolves. But... I really don't like his shitty antics involving him + Raiola vs Scholes, nor do I like the bullshit "there are things I cannot say or else I'll get fined". I especially don't like Pogba's comments that who knows what will happen in a few months and the namedropping of Barcelona. I think if he wants to leave then let him go, for a good price of course.

With Jose, while I absolutely hate his constant praising of Fellaini and I really didn't like that Sevilla press conference. At least it seems like he has tried to be the mature one here with Pogba. Jose gave Pogba the captaincy to try and make amends with Pogba, its clear as daylight, and Pogba with his cryptic bullshit effectively spat in his hand. Jose tried to repair his relationship with Pogba and Pogba was the one who went out and created negativity around the club with his weekly immature and unnecessary comments.

I say just let things play out as they play out, I think in the near future we might get to see whether or not Jose or Pogba really wants to be here (do they like it at United/love the club?).

I'm leaning slightly more towards Pogba leaving over Jose (ie: Jose), but not because of Pogba specifically, it's more so because I don't want our club to be involved with the fatso Raiola anymore. I don't want United to have anything to do with that guy anymore. Maybe its him who has been in Pogba's ear (Palpatine-Anakin style). Maybe Raiola is the one behind the scenes who has been turning Pogba's head because he wants another nice paycheck since getting as much money as possible for himself (and naturally his players therefore) is the top priority for Mino ####ola.
:lol:

sam147

Jose now acting like a child in training. Pogba is our most talented player. Our midfield cant eve get past Derby without him. Against Wolves he was the only one creating anything. Without him this Jose team is no better than LVGs. Maybe Jose should focus on coaching players rather then acting like a buffoon in training. After his stupid decision making against Wolves by swapping Pogba and Fellainis position even when we were in the lead he showed he is past it. Id much rather keep Paul than Jose. If Woodward had a brain he would replace him asap. People still want to back a manager because 'this isnt his team' whereas the players he has signed are either running on fumes like Matic, not United quality like Lukaku, or he is just alienating them like Pogba. We already have a shambolic squad. Our manager has been pandering to the likes of Fellaini, Valencia, Young and Lingard while wanting Pogba and Martial out. This isnt about player power its about common sense. Lets get rid of them and set ourselves even further back. LOL.

worldinmotion66

The time to sack Mourinho should have been:

a) when we whimpered out of the Champions League against Sevilla due to a negative approach, whilst Mourinho hugely disrespected the club and absolved himself of any blame.

or even b) at the end of the season when we completely failed to challenge for top honours after Mourinho had bought: Bailly (€38m), Lindelof (€35m), Matic (€45m), Pogba (€105m), Mkhitaryan/Sanchez (€42m) and Lukaku (€85m). That's €350m that he chose to spend on players that he is constantly critical of or looking to replace. We weren't competitive, we also lost an FA cup final having won and sacked our previous manager under similar circumstances.

It is clear that the board want one thing, Champions League football and the money that it brings. Mourinho will remain at the helm until he is in significant danger of missing out on the top four. I would like to see him replaced now, but I think Pogba could well be the first out of the door unfortunately. Under a different manager, our attacking talent could be incredible, but we will see Mourinho continue to make the same mistakes at our club's detriment.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think I want both of them gone now but if I had one to give the boot to first it would definitely be Pogba.

red4ever 79

I want them both gone. I have been firmly in the Mourinho out camp since January this year where we didnt approve our style of play, and I am also in the Pogba out camp due to his poor attitude and inconsistent displays. Pogba if you are reading. Manchester United will always be bigger than any player and we have had many better midfield players than you over the years.

Noc-Z

ffs
Pogba is an absolute disgrace. Mourinho has a tough, tough job because the club is a total mess. That's not Mourinho's fault. I believe he is working under hellish conditions, and dealing with a clown like Pogba doesn't help at all. If people think Mourinho actually wants to play the football we've been playing, and he is to blame for it, they need to think a little deeper. Pogba is a disgrace and I'd be happy if he never wore the red of Manchester United again. The reasons for that should honestly require no explanation at this point. Support Manchester United! - reject Paul Pogba.

Skills

Snitch
Just reminding me of that press conference pisses me off. Baffled how it was dismissed so quickly by so many United fans.
*Mourinho fans - the ones who'll feck off with him.

Seville and that press conference was the last straw for the vast majority of sane United fans.