Mourinho Press Conference - Newcastle (H)

Vadim

He knows he's a goner and doesn't care now. He won't be here after the international break. Enjoy your last game in charge of United, Jose.

Mick321

Making journo's travel in for a 3 min PC at 8am. If only he was as good at football games but he seems more concerned with doing tedious crap with journalists than tactics.

Reactions: SteveJ

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Reckon if we keep Jose we can finally get rid of these idealistic dickheads in our fan base that have crawled into the spotlight since Fergie left?

Every journalist has said they prefer early press conferences and the only thing that was disappointing was it didn’t last long. Maybe ask him questions about tomorrow’s game then?

Josh 76

Hes had 2+ years and its not going to get any better. He isnt going to suddenly get Utd to play like Chelsea 04 and hes waiting for his big payday and wont quit. The owners dont want to fork out the £12 million or whatever it is to finish him. This isnt doing Utd any good at all. We will probably be losing against City Chelsea Juve twice at the very least, and this will impact on confidence in the players even more. Can see top 6 being a struggle now.
You are spot on.
Woodward should be fired for just offering that contract extension to him in January.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Just watched the presser and I thought he played it perfectly.

dove

Hes had 2+ years and its not going to get any better. He isnt going to suddenly get Utd to play like Chelsea 04 and hes waiting for his big payday and wont quit. The owners dont want to fork out the £12 million or whatever it is to finish him. This isnt doing Utd any good at all. We will probably be losing against City Chelsea Juve twice at the very least, and this will impact on confidence in the players even more. Can see top 6 being a struggle now.
To be fair I would rather we finish outside of TOP 6 than 5th of 6th. Never ever want to play EL again and we would have a chance to trim the squad a bit.

daveoliver91

Does anyone have a stream to rewatch this long press conf?

Have a nice Friday everyone!

Nuel

This international break provides an opportunity, though not perfect, to make some changes. If we have another shitty performance and continue with this winless streak and Mourinho survives the sack, one would have to seriously question the club's vision.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can't knock him for not answering if he's doing all he can. It's a stupid question. Of course he feels he's doing all he can.

edtkw

I prefer these press conferences from him at this time. Go to the dressing room and speak there, tell the press nothing.
I agree as well. At the end of the day the media is the worst outlet of information. Can't twist words when you don't give them any. Close all the doors. Communicate with the players and we have a chance to turn this mess around.

Nuel

Jose looks defeated. I can't help but feel a little sorry for him. I still think it was the right decision to bring him in when we did considering the options we had and who man city and Liverpool got. It's also the right decision to bring someone with new energy, ideas, and aura.

SqueakyWeasel

Jose Mourinho battens down the hatches
Not a surprise this:

Mourinho not exactly full of beans this morning. Press conf 3mins 32 seconds long. Was asked 6 questions, answered 5 of them.

— Paul Hirst (@hirstclass) October 5, 2018
DT, it's a fecking disgrace that is dragging our club down to depths never plunged!

We all laughed at Real fans bemoaning eye-gouging and tantrums, amid "I am loved at some clubs, especially one*. In Spain it is different, some people hate me …" … then we looked on aghast when they sacked him after becoming the only manager to win leagues and main cups at each of four counties.

*Really thought this was United at the time

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Making journo's travel in for a 3 min PC at 8am. If only he was as good at football games but he seems more concerned with doing tedious crap with journalists than tactics.
Nobody asked those useless journos to turn up if it is inconvenience. They can sit at home and make up crap, which they usually do.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
DT, it's a fecking disgrace that is dragging our club down to depths never plunged!

We all laughed at Real fans bemoaning eye-gouging and tantrums, amid "I am loved at some clubs, especially one*. In Spain it is different, some people hate me …" … then we looked on aghast when they sacked him after becoming the only manager to win leagues and main cups at each of four counties.

*Really thought this was United at the time
I know it is terrible. Don't know what they should do because just not sure Zidane is the answer the state the club and squad is in. Can you imagine if Ed veto's all his transfers?

pascell

Very sad to see this great manager become a shell of himself. Poor bloke has given up and it’s clear to see.
I agree, thought when he came to United it'd motivate him to show everyone he's not finished yet and we'd go for broke under his tenure to get us back to the top. Not being backed fully in transfer windows, the press having too much impact in the modern game and players acting like spoilt brats has been his downfall.

In the real world if you’re clearly tanking your job and breaching clauses in your contract you would be sacked on grounds of gross misconduct - how does this guy keep getting away with huge severance packages?
Should the players also be sacked for tanking their job? It works both ways, if the players choose to down tools then they should also take a large brunt of the blame, the players have left Jose out to dry here.

I prefer these press conferences from him at this time. Go to the dressing room and speak there, tell the press nothing.
100% agree, he's right not giving those parasites more negatives to beat him with.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Should the players also be sacked for tanking their job? It works both ways, if the players choose to down tools then they should also take a large brunt of the blame, the players have left Jose out to dry here.
They have been made to work in an inhospitable working environment and if it was just a case of not performing as well as you normally do - that wouldn't constitute gross misconduct although you could make an argument for gross insubordination - though good luck when it is an entire squad of players doing that. Compare their list of misdemeanors with that of Jose:

• dishonesty
  • sabotage
  • discrimination
  • harassment
  • bullying
  • abuse

SirAF

Ageist
They have been made to work in an inhospitable working environment and if it was just a case of not performing as well as you normally do - that wouldn't constitute gross misconduct although you could make an argument for gross insubordination - though good luck when it is an entire squad of players doing that. Compare their list of misdemeanors with that of Jose:

• dishonesty
  • sabotage
  • discrimination
  • harassment
  • bullying
  • abuse
Yeah, that’s a bit over the top.

«Inhospitable working enviroment» :lol:

SqueakyWeasel

I know it is terrible. Don't know what they should do because just not sure Zidane is the answer the state the club and squad is in. Can you imagine if Ed veto's all his transfers?
I'm still "Jose in" on the CAF poll on here because I really believed he'd sit back and see that he'll more than likely be finished as a manger if he failed here without City/Chelsea/Real style investment. Also with Pep sat across town I thought he'd relish the challenge to show it can be done on a shoestring. But I'm just about to go and change my vote … Jose's finished and dragging it out any longer will not help unfortunately.

Not Jose related … but:

Just heard an amazing quote on the latest United Rant podcast that just floored me! It was reported as a DM article Tuesday I believe but not sure it was picked up on here.

Love or hate that particular podcast with their loyalty to stats and XG etc but they laid down a fact about our no. 7 shirt – the most iconic shirt in United history, the greatest honour and profile any United player with any sense of our history can take on – I can't believe I'm writing this:

To date, since Cristiano Ronaldo left (in 2009) players wearing the no.7 shirt have scored a sum total of 13 goals (and most of those were Owen :lol:)

Where's that head in hands :nono: emoji?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yeah, that’s a bit over the top.

«Inhospitable working enviroment» :lol:
Maybe if you took your head out of Jose's rectum once in a while and didn't whoop and holler each time Jose holds a press conference (didn't realise there was an award for winning the press conference championship), you'd realise what I said was spot on. None of those words are hyperbolic, they perfectly describe the conduct we have seen from him over the past year.

shaky

• dishonesty
  • sabotage
  • discrimination
  • harassment
  • bullying
  • abuse
Bullying? Abuse? Discrimination? do you have examples you can provide?

Moiraine

Its really sad how this has turned out. Methods didn't work, club didn't back him, players downing tools. Really wanted him to turn things around but his demeanor says it all really.
NOT True

Club spent a huge loads ever since he took over, it is almost a full team of players that Mourinho has signed.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

• dishonesty
  • sabotage
  • discrimination
  • harassment
  • bullying
  • abuse
:lol: Jesus. Will be accused for human trafficking at this rate.