Mourinho sacked

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Just read this comment on the Dailymail which is very interesting.

It was also followed by a reply saying Drogba had something very similar in his own book. It's true he's a great manager and tactician but if this is the real reason he keeps falling out with squads then he really needs to look at himself.
That's really mental if its true. If he'd sustained the same sort of success he had in those two seasons, he would've been allowed to build a new team. Nothing like winning multiple trophies with different teams that you rebuild over and over to get you plaudits as a manager. Just ask Fergie.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
How about Liverpool fans ? Do Arsenal and Barca fans hate him more than them ?
It's got to be close between us and Liverpool fans. Moany has been far too personal and extremely petty when talking about Wenger and Benitez over the years, it's been pretty constant.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
True that. Long may his misery continue. Even with other clubs.
Yep, to me the khunt deserves all the misery that's poured on him.

Whilst I'm disappointed this wasn't dragged out to extend the pain and humiliation, I'm happy that it's now cemented in history that he was a massive failure this season. Simply unprecedented for a championship team.

This can call in to question how he left Inter as well. Benitez was left with a husk.

Shiva87

Don't know how I feel about this. I was quite enjoying the goings on at Chelsea so far this season. It was quite a circus - but I guess this was inevitable. Roman waited so long to do this is a surprise in itself. Mou can't really complain that he didn't get the time to turn it around. His squad just forgot how to win.

Triple.Threat

will always be one of my favorites for his team performance at Liverpool when they thought the league was all but wrapped up.

RedDevil@84

Finally he is gone. It was getting too much and it was obvious that players had zero faith and zero support for him. In the end, as usual the manager gets the boot.
No sympathies. He deserved it. Please dont come to Utd for God's sake.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He had no one but himself to blame. Expert in parking the bus and getting short term success but disaster for building a team and style sustainable for longer term.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Mourniho will be our next manager accirding to redissue.
Wouldn't be surprised if you miss out on Guardiola and Ancelotti. Would like to see him make a real fist of playing attractive football and giving youth a chance in his next job wherever that might be but I doubt it'll happen.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
If we get Moronho as our next manager im done with streams. Hate the guy with a passion :mad:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wouldn't be surprised if you miss out on Guardiola and Ancelotti. Would like to see him make a real fist of playing attractive football and giving youth a chance in his next job wherever that might be but I doubt it'll happen.
My biggest issue with Mourinho. The cnutishness I feel can be worked on and reigned in, but his go-to tactic in every biggish game is to tighten things up and nullify the opposition. Despite us being dull for the last few years, I respect the way we played at Stamford Bridge last season. We lost but we played the whole match on the front foot trying to dictate the game and it was a performance that left me proud.

And the youth thing is just a killer. The next manager must be able to work with young players, give them a high priority and develop them.

Last edited by a moderator:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I'll always be grateful for Anfield 2014, I had resigned myself to them winning, even more when I saw that starting lineup, but he did...somehow...incredible match.

As for his Chelsea stints, his first was just brilliant. The 2004-05 team lost just 1 game, 1-0 defeat to City and I think the goal City scored was a penalty.15 goals conceded all season, most wins in a season and 95 points(a record). He built quite a good side there, and even after his departure the core of the side was still very functional. When he left the first time,I felt the same as I did when Henry left Arsenal. A mixture of relief, but some sadness that the league had lost just a great star.

His second spell wasnt as great as the first , but he leaves with a league title and a league cup in 2 and half years. By most people's standards, a good return, although perhaps not by his.

He's a controversial character and he did some things that were quite frankly embarrasing, a flawed genius perhaps. For me,even though he's coached a rival team,I cant help but respect how good a manager he was. It's the same thing with Wenger, sometimes those things transcend rivalry.

3 league titles, 2 league cups, an Fa cup. Surely a surefire hallfamer in English football.

RedDevil@84

Maybe they should play his end of season speech (story telling with pics) again?

I went to them and told, "But, I am the Special One". But they said, "Doesn't matter. It is only the results that count. You are fired!!!!"

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Not so sure that's all true tbh, City's immediate future seem to rest on what Pep decides, if he takes a year off or goes elsewhere then you lot would be all over Mourinho like a rash imo, and rightly so, the other options just don't stack up compared with these two.
You don't know our deadly duo of Ferran and Txiki, mate. They overlooked Jose for Guardiola when Pep was a left field choice and if we need to we'll get someone who fits our values not shoehorn an unsuitable albeit successful Mourinho into the role.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
You don't know our deadly duo of Ferran and Txiki, mate. They overlooked Jose for Guardiola when Pep was a left field choice and if we need to we'll get someone who fits our values not shoehorn an unsuitable albeit successful Mourinho into the role.
What are they? Is there a MCFC value statement?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
So, in the event Guardiola rejects City, who would you take who fits City's values?

Needham

will always be one of my favorites for his team performance at Liverpool when they thought the league was all but wrapped up.
Many people on these boards are unaware just exactly what he saved us all from that season.

AshfordLad

How about Liverpool fans ? Do Arsenal and Barca fans hate him more than them ?
Liverpool hate him the most if the chanting is anything to go by. Then again arsenal fans dont chant for shit so maybe they hate him more but dont say it.

After all these are the only two groups that he has been pulvarising for ages. Barca fans have gone a long way since 2010. They hardly even care for him anymore.

Djemba-Djemba

I'll always be grateful for Anfield 2014, I had resigned myself to them winning, even more when I saw that starting lineup, but he did...somehow...incredible match.

As for his Chelsea stints, his first was just brilliant. The 2004-05 team lost just 1 game, 1-0 defeat to City and I think the goal City scored was a penalty.15 goals conceded all season, most wins in a season and 95 points(a record). He built quite a good side there, and even after his departure the core of the side was still very functional. When he left the first time,I felt the same as I did when Henry left Arsenal. A mixture of relief, but some sadness that the league had lost just a great star.

His second spell wasnt as great as the first , but he leaves with a league title and a league cup in 2 and half years. By most people's standards, a good return, although perhaps not by his.

He's a controversial character and he did some things that were quite frankly embarrasing, a flawed genius perhaps. For me,even though he's coached a rival team,I cant help but respect how good a manager he was. It's the same thing with Wenger, sometimes those things transcend rivalry.

3 league titles, 2 league cups, an Fa cup. Surely a surefire hallfamer in English football.
I don't like him but you make a good point there.

What he did there on that beautiful day must never be forgotten, he helped to give us Slippy G.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Not surprised that he ended up getting sacked. Chelsea shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom end of the ladder with the squad they have. Though in reality, the blame doesn't just lie with him. The players themselves are also a source of the problems. In typical style Mourinho couldn't maintain a team for more than a few seasons, before the entire squad turned against him. He really needs to look at himself and the way he handles player management in order to work out why this keeps happening to him.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I don't like him but you make a good point there.

What he did there on that beautiful day must never be forgotten, he helped to give us Slippy G.
:lol: exactly.

People underestimate how much frustation the Scousers had build up over the years. Had they won that title, it would have all come out.

Even before they had won the title, they were getting increasingly smug. A lot of Pool fans suddenly appeared here on the caf, Liverpool fans suddenly reappearing out of nowhere in everyday life, the cringy 'makeusdream' nonsense on social media.

Just imagine if they had won.

Thank you Jose, for that at least.

kotha

:lol: exactly.

People underestimate how much frustation the Scousers had build up over the years. Had they won that title, it would have all come out.

Even before they had won the title, they were getting increasingly smug. A lot of Pool fans suddenly appeared here on the caf, Liverpool fans suddenly reappearing out of nowhere in everyday life, the cringy 'makeusdream' nonsense on social media.

Just imagine if they had won.

Thank you Jose, for that at least.
So true.. I knew we wouldn't be in a position challenging for the top spot last year, so I didn't mind them winning the title because of what they did the year before..

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
It was Palace, not Chelsea that cost Liverpool or was it too late at that point?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It was Palace, not Chelsea that cost Liverpool or was it too late at that point?
Palace would have given them a slim chance on final day was all (dependant on City not beating Villa).

I think.