Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

mu4c_20le

That theory had already been doing the rounds on twitter earlier.. Pogba got played basically. His reaction was genuine, while mourinho was very calm and knew what he was doing. Also how often do we see videos like this? the press was allowed to be there, right after the whole captaincy thing.

FujiVice

That theory had already been doing the rounds on twitter earlier.. Pogba got played basically. His reaction was genuine, while mourinho was very calm and knew what he was doing.
What was he doing? Mourinho looked like an absolute twat in that. The manager should never have a public spat with a player willingly.

mu4c_20le

What was he doing? Mourinho looked like an absolute twat in that. The manager should never have a public spat with a player willingly.
It's also a twattish thing to say to a player that he will never be captain again, just for speaking out that we should attack more! Sense and logic doesn't necessarily apply to special ones.

RedDevil@84

Why sack anybody?
Jes' this place is all about sacking people and firing them from their jobs.
People need to get a grip.
I agree. I think people will be angry, if Pogba and Jose move on and go about their work.

Stubble

I don't agree with Pogbas public comments but Mourinho himself can't complain following his numerous negative public outbursts about his own players since he came here (usually to deflect attention away from his own mistakes/tactics). The idiot set an appalling example making comments to the press which should have been kept in the dressing room. I'm surprised it's taken so long for the players to start throwing a bit back at him. Glass houses and all that. Mourinho is a man-child he obviously staged the training spat, he had to be seen to be having the final word when again this should have been sorted behind the scenes. Problem is I doubt it WILL be the final word..

Last edited:

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
I don't agree with Pogbas public comments but Mourinho himself can't complain following his numerous negative public outbursts about his own players since he came here (usually to deflect attention away from his own mistakes/tactics). The idiot set an appalling example making comments to the press which should have been kept in the dressing room. I'm surprised it's taken so long for the players to start throwing a bit back at him. Glass houses and all that. Mourinho is a man-child he obviously staged the training spat, he had to be seen to be having the final word when again this should have been sorted behind the scenes. Problem is I doubt it WILL be the final word..
Spot on, except whatever Mourinho is he isn't an idiot, he's been too successful for that. And even if he was he'd be our idiot. Agree with the gist though.

SER19

Let's come back to topic. I understand that players should not keep running to the media but when your own manager does this shit when things got tough for him, what'd you expect the players to do? Mourinho belittled Pogba's performance in the world cup again when there was no need of it, can't you see that Mourinho started this? If Mourinho had actually done his job, none of this would be happening.

And what justification do you give for Mourinho using the press to save his hide as often as possible?
Dig up all the exact quotes mourinho made post world cup. Read them and if you actually believe it warrants pogbas behaviour then we should stop the conversation. Thats the bit that really gets me. He didn't even bloody say anything bad. Pogba is absolutely out of line and id think that even if mourinho had said something harsh.

Compare some of this sugar coated rubbish with what Ferguson did and how his players responded. Pogba wants the red carpet rolled out for winning the world cup with by far the best squad after 2 years of mediocrity with us?? No thanks

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This is quickly turning into a relationship reminiscent of that of Walt and Jesse from Breaking Bad. "No, this whole thing.. its all about me"

I really couldn't care less about any of this absolute horseshit, who's at fault, who said what, what the hell has this to do with football. fecking weirdoes! And now I'm upset, bunch of idiots.

CA_vampire

Dig up all the exact quotes mourinho made post world cup. Read them and if you actually believe it warrants pogbas behaviour then we should stop the conversation. Thats the bit that really gets me. He didn't even bloody say anything bad. Pogba is absolutely out of line and id think that even if mourinho had said something harsh.

Compare some of this sugar coated rubbish with what Ferguson did and how his players responded. Pogba wants the red carpet rolled out for winning the world cup with by far the best squad after 2 years of mediocrity with us?? No thanks

You are right!

Also, I don't understand something else: do people think that the manager and a player are equals??? If SAF throws a hairdryer to Beckham, then it's okay for Beckham to throw a hairdryer to SAF? Can you imagine that?

beingshe7don

You are right!

Also, I don't understand something else: do people think that the manager and a player are equals??? If SAF throws a hairdryer to Beckham, then it's okay for Beckham to throw a hairdryer to SAF? Can you imagine that?
Firstly, Mourinho is not SAF and Pogba isn't Beckham.

Secondly, SAF played beautiful football and was winning things

Thirdly, SAF valued the opinion of the fans and always apologized when the team performed horribly

Lastly, SAF never insulted the club by talking about the heritage of the club and how horribly they've performed in the past years.

I hear people saying that Pogba has disrespected the manager and all by questioning his tactics but all he said was everything a fan has been talking about. He said United should be playing the United way.... attack, attack, attack..... Nothing wrong with that.

Pogba has done stupid things but Mourinho is a cancer for the club. He needs to go... And for all those who will claim that Mourinho didn't get backed, we should be winning effortlessly against Wolves, Brighton and Derby.... You don't need a first 11 with world class players to win against those teams.

Long story short, Mourinho has lost the dressing room in the sense that the players don't have their heart going into the games and more so, don't buy into the philosophy of the manager which implies that we will stagnate and have a crappy season.

If not Zidane, Mourinho should leave and Carrick and Mckenna take care for the rest of the season. I'm pretty sure, the players (except for Jones, Valencia and couple others) will start performing once Mourinho leaves like how Chelsea responded

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
You are right!

Players and Managers are equals.

Needham

Pobga isn't Manchester United Captain material tbh
Let's be honest. Out of this current bunch Fergie would've had him well down the pecking order
There is no longer any captain material out there. Period. They were all born after 1984. They are all millennials.

Needham

Watched the video expecting those quotes.

Instead it's Pogba pissing about, but just like young blokes do.

We forget these are young blokes sometimes, and often young blokes are immature idiots
You don’t hire for skills, you hire for attitude. You can always teach skills.

Seven Seas Sardines

Wouldn't put it past him. This guy would go to any length to deflect.
For sure he didn't shake his hand when he knew cameras were on Pogba and himself. He also kept smiling arrogantly to show the world that Pogba's the one out of control.
Speaking to RMC, journalist Julien Laurens claims that José Mourinho knew that any bust-up in training with Paul Pogba would be caught on camera.

“Sky picked this footage up, they have the right to film 3 or 4 training sessions a season per club I think. This morning he (José Mourinho) knew that the cameras were at training from the Premier League and Sky. Mourinho knew that the cameras were coming this morning, he knew very well that Pogba was going to come and shake the hands of Michael Carrick, the other assistant, and then he would arrive in front of Mourinho. Mourinho knew all of this, that the cameras would be on him, and he chose that moment to say something to Pogba that quite clearly didn’t please him.”

redIndianDevil

Oh please don't make up things to suit your narrative, Pogba has never asked for praise anywhere. He was getting it from everyone and the only one who really had anything to say negative about his world cup exploits were his club manager.

Why can't Mourinho shut the feck up and say he is happy to have a world cup winner in his team and he is happy for him? Why did he have slyly insert a dig and basically called him incapable of concentrating through an entire season? Can you tell me what was for the reason for that?

redIndianDevil

You are right!

Why the feck do you drag SAF into this conversation? For a manager to get away with this stuff he has to be Fergie level and by the time Fergie got rid off Beckham, SAF was Manchester United, he commanded the respect of everyone. Mourinho is just a past-it cnut who is refusing to move on with the times and learn something new.

Patrick08

I hope an angry Mourinho benefits us on the pitch. Weather or not Mourinho intentionally plays dull football, I still want the manager in control full control of the dressing room.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, who would have thought Pogba will have one.
Honestly, I'd have preferred you to be right, us to go on a stormer, and you to rub it in all of our faces! I was personally hopeful after the Spurs 3-0 defeat that we'd adopt a more progressive approach but, alas, we're reverting to type. Sorry, it's just the thread popped into my head after hearing all the just now.

Ban

Honestly, I'd have preferred you to be right, us to go on a stormer, and you to rub it in all of our faces! I was personally hopeful after the Spurs 3-0 defeat that we'd adopt a more progressive approach but, alas, we're reverting to type. Sorry, it's just the thread popped into my head after hearing all the just now.
It wasn't intended to rub it in anyone's faces after. :)

SER19

Oh please don't make up things to suit your narrative, Pogba has never asked for praise anywhere. He was getting it from everyone and the only one who really had anything to say negative about his world cup exploits were his club manager.

Why can't Mourinho shut the feck up and say he is happy to have a world cup winner in his team and he is happy for him? Why did he have slyly insert a dig and basically called him incapable of concentrating through an entire season? Can you tell me what was for the reason for that?
Its absolutely nothing managers haven't done. He said he had a good tournament and then called for consistency. Like i said go get the quotes that you feel warrant pogbas behaviour, post them here. Pogba is out of line simple as that. Weve had better players kept in check in more severe ways in the past

SER19

You are right!

A lot of people here clearly haven't played footbal at even a semi serious adult level. Not saying its essential but if you had you would see pogba as out of order. Even if the manager actually is being an unfair prick (which ours wasnt) theres ways you deal with it that aren't so self serving and disruptive. But weve been here before with him many years ago when we had the best ever in charge but the pogba club will tell you even then, poor little paul did no wrong

Ashley R1+O

It was clearly over the video he posted while at the ground. Fair enough if it all happened while we were losing and he was taking the piss (whether right or wrong I am not up to date with it and frankly I could not give two shits about it). Mourinho even has a go at Peirera there and the frosty interchange between Rashford and Peirera tells me a lot about what this squad is going through.

A lot of deliciously bitter irony here that even though Mourinho is trying to manage 25 ego's and lead them toward winning football matches, has one of his star players derailing everything on and off the field. Yet he's shite at management now all of a sudden, even though one of his players is being a twat. It is all too embarrassing and bizarre how some of our fans are addicted to this tripe, for me. Some fans are just stuck in their trench and won't ever stop firing over it which will just feed into this never ending parade of blaming the manager. One day they will wake up and cotton onto the fact that if you start to try and hold these players responsible for what is happening on the field during the 90 minutes you will probably see some better performances, more responsibility taken to arrest the situation and action to avert games that start to slip through the fingers.

Yet it is always the managers fault when his main superstar of the team just down tools, shirks all responsibility and starts talking shite off the field instead of showing some maturity during the during the 90 minutes to let his football do the talking. Nobody should care what Pogba and Mourinho say until Pogba can show that he can be trusted to give an all-round all-effort performance for 90 minutes and earns the respect of the fans, to which is only positive for Mourinho, the players and the club itself. It is a self-correcting prophecy and the fans taking sides on this matter is completely alien to me. The manager comes first, always.

If the club as a whole aren't willing to fix this issue (Ed is clearly in the Pogba marketing bonanza camp) then how are we supposed to proceed with this situation on a match day? If the manager can't drop him without hundreds of pages of sycophantic, nauseous drivel in idolization to a player who is actively going out of his way to take the piss out of your support then I don't know what more needs to be said? The manager can't put him in the stands because the broadcast will just show 30 cut away's of him sitting there playing on his phone, having a laugh with his posse and there will be hundreds of negative articles talking about a bustup (who fecking cares, win football matches). Then when he posts stupid video's (which can be seen as passive aggressive ways to wind people up and shit stir) everyone gets up in arms defending Pogba for doing whatever he feels like? Come on. Lets all grow up.

We as fans have a lot of responsibility in this. Pogba's taking the piss out of us because he can. It is sad to see people sitting by and enabling this disgusting behavior, trying to blame it on the manager. (Manager, not Mourinho. It could be any manager because who knows what he'll do if another manager comes in and he just downs tools again).

This is so tiresome. But to go back to the frosty exchange with Rashford and Peirera, I'm going to go out on a limb here and defy a lot of people who seem to think that this Pogba behavior is some indicator that the entire squad is in on all of this. I honestly, in my completely non-researched, gut instinct take on this; Don't think the rest of the squad really like Pogba and are happy with any of this, which leads me on to thinking they are fed up also and would not be unhappy if he was turfed out.

el3mel

The amount of defense for Pogba makes you feel like he was won us a treble earlier.

Mourinho didn't warrant himself anything for anyone to defend him, but sure as hell Pogba did nothing for the club also for this massive defense for him as well.

Both have been childish and need to either grow up or leave.

MoskvaRed

Both are at fault but, as I think Mourinho is a busted flush with a history of picking fights with players, I’d prefer to change manager and give Pogba a chance under that new manager. If he continues to act like a brat under that new manager, then we cut our losses and sell him to Spain.

UncleBob

A lot of people here clearly haven't played footbal at even a semi serious adult level. Not saying its essential but if you had you would see pogba as out of order. Even if the manager actually is being an unfair prick (which ours wasnt) theres ways you deal with it that aren't so self serving and disruptive. But weve been here before with him many years ago when we had the best ever in charge but the pogba club will tell you even then, poor little paul did no wrong
Like having played "semi serious adult level" football makes any difference :lol:

This whole "Pogba Club", "FC Martial", "Jose this and that" needs to stop, it's like a 13 year old boy discovering master suppression techniques for the first time and think it's the best thing ever. It's getting tedious as feck

In relation to this case, it's handed badly from all parties. Not sure i understand the references to other managers, even bringing Fergie into this. Part of the equation is that this isn't anything new, it's generally viewed as a part of having Jose as the manager, he's known for falling out with players..It's hardly a surprise that this is something that effects the way people think about the situation we're in. A large amount of people, rightly or not, will believe that Mourinho is a large part of the problem, simply because he has a habit of getting into these type of situations. Doesn't mean it's right, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Pogba at United was always going to be a short term solution, pretty clear from the start that they'd be looking at making a ton of money by changing clubs 3-4 seasons down the road, just a bit of a shame that we've been completely unable to take advantage of having him here.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This whole "Pogba Club", "FC Martial", "Jose this and that" needs to stop, it's like a 13 year old boy discovering master suppression techniques for the first time and think it's the best thing ever. It's getting tedious as feck.
This is what happens when you have enough fans who think the factors like "brand value" should be high on the list of qualities when signing a player. Disney-fication.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
No offence mate but you’re the only idiot here. Does Pogba extend his hand to an imaginary man then after shaking Carrick’s hand? Puts his hand out twice and there is only Mourinho and another person there.
If you're going to call someone an idiot, prefixing it with 'no offence mate' makes no sense. Either you mean to call me an idiot, or your choice of language is poor if you really don't mean to cause offence. Own it, or don't say it!

Anyway. Unless you have x-ray vision, it's not clear whether there was a very short shake or whether there's no shake at all. Either way, Pogba spent more time on the other people he shook hands with an somewhat dismissively skipped over Mourinho.

It could be that it was Mourinho and he didn't want to shake hands with Pogba because of something he has done. Rumour has it has something to do with Pogba's Instagram video after their defeat to Derby - another great example why my original comment about Pogba being an idiot stands.

Either way, this way Pogba conducts himself in this video, when he knows there are cameras watching is disgraceful. He's showing blatant disregard and disrespect to his manager, publicly.

No wonder he will never captain you again.

Red_Ramirez

Firstly, Mourinho is not SAF and Pogba isn't Beckham.

Secondly, SAF played beautiful football and was winning things

Thirdly, SAF valued the opinion of the fans and always apologized when the team performed horribly

Lastly, SAF never insulted the club by talking about the heritage of the club and how horribly they've performed in the past years.

I hear people saying that Pogba has disrespected the manager and all by questioning his tactics but all he said was everything a fan has been talking about. He said United should be playing the United way.... attack, attack, attack..... Nothing wrong with that.

Pogba has done stupid things but Mourinho is a cancer for the club. He needs to go... And for all those who will claim that Mourinho didn't get backed, we should be winning effortlessly against Wolves, Brighton and Derby.... You don't need a first 11 with world class players to win against those teams.

Long story short, Mourinho has lost the dressing room in the sense that the players don't have their heart going into the games and more so, don't buy into the philosophy of the manager which implies that we will stagnate and have a crappy season.

If not Zidane, Mourinho should leave and Carrick and Mckenna take care for the rest of the season. I'm pretty sure, the players (except for Jones, Valencia and couple others) will start performing once Mourinho leaves like how Chelsea responded
:lol:

No shit. Pogba hasn't shown an ounce of the consistency and drive Beckham gave to us week in, week out.

Most recent misconception Under Fergie that we played 'beautiful' football all the time. No we didnt!

And tbf to Mourinho in his 2 years with us he has won a couple of 'things'

UncleBob

This is what happens when you have enough fans who think the factors like "brand value" should be high on the list of qualities when signing a player. Disney-fication.
Eh, no, it's what happens when people have no arguments so they attempt to use master suppression techniques to give a negative impression about what other members are writing.