Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Will be a welcome change for the broadcasters to stop focusing on the yellow toothed badger Klopp and rather focus on the battle of Manchester.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Indeed it has. I said it in another thread, the Manchester derby will rival El Clasico while Mourinho and Guardiola are there.
Its always been a much better game anyway, el classico is a joke, stoppages every 2 minutes, diving, borefest

nick2004

I could understand reservations about the style of football although I find that myth about Mourinho playing negative football laughable but it's constantly doing rounds.

But him not being good for us cause he's a bastard and won't go well with our angel status and with our beautiful ethics is completely ridiculous.

One of the motto of our club is We're Man United, we do what we want'. During Fergie era we were sometimes bastards and I love our club because of that tbh. We would whatever it took to win and we would win in the end. Beginning with Fergie and to the players.

We'll have our cnut as a manager and we need him to go into battle and go back to the top where we were used to be.

Can't stand all those Pep stories, Pep this, Pep that. He's not all that, he'll find it difficult at City and that 'he's a nice guy' theory is getting on my nerves too. He potrays himself as some nice guy but he had his mental moments and he's kind of weird. Whoever tries too hard to portray himself as mr Nice guy is weird and not sincere.

Great post!

You have spoken the truth!

WelshManc

Could someone direct me to the 45 minute documentary on him, i saw someone post on here the other day, the one that includes the Inter Milan part. Thank you in advance.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Could someone direct me to the 45 minute documentary on him, i saw someone post on here the other day, the one that includes the Inter Milan part. Thank you in advance.
Just finished watching it myself - great documentary, which I hope will get updated a few years down the line after he's won lots of stuff for us.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Actually Mourinho himself thinks he has regressed. After all he went from The Special One to The Only One to The Happy One.
Wonder what name he'll give himself at United.

Riz

I think your actually talking about the one I posted earlier. With the extract of his time at Inter and that whisper to Guardiola on the touch line. It's called ITV Presents: Mourinho.

Womp

idiot
Tbf I don't think Pep is as good as people believe. Granted that Barca team was immense, but having Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in their primes is hardly fair. Messi was immense, literally winning games on his own at times.

Pep's performance at Bayern has tarnished my view on him as a manager, a great one but not the best by a country mile as some seem to suggest. He won the Bundesliga, true, but Bayern basically win the Bundesliga in auto-pilot. The Champions League has been arguably disastrous for him, getting stomped by 2 Spanish teams in Barca and Real and then systematically taken apart by Athletico. His tactics have flaws, flaws that can be exposed by the emergence of counter-attacking football, as Madrid showed, flaws that can be exposed by complete dominating attacking football as Barca showed or lastly with patience and pressing, ala Atleti.

If he couldn't manage to do well in Europe with a squad as good as Bayern's, which is undoubtedly one of the best in the world, what will he do with a squad like City, who are either ageing, injury prone or don't seem to care. Honestly think we got the better manager in Jose, he's proven it at lesser clubs and his tactics aren't restricted to a certain style unlike Pep's.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Sense from Arsenal Mania:

''I love all this sanctimonious **** in the media about how Mourinho isn't classy enough for Utd, people queuing up to say how he doesn't fit the ethos of the club.
As though Ferguson wasn't a nasty ****ing bastard''
As one poster already said, 'We're Man United and we do what we want': some of our aura created by the InterCity Jibbers who are the best away fans in English football! (modern day football says we have to lose the violent hooligan part of that but the point remains.)

I do not want Mourinho to lose any of his confidence, commitment and passion... its what makes him and in turn what will make us support him. And I want his centre back and midfield hardmen as a core part of our team.

I certainly don't want our team to turn into a bunch of Barcelona midgets who prance around with their tap dancing. Thats why I personally always preferred him over Guardioa, no matter what King Cantona says.

His only adjustment from past indiscretions is to remain on the right side of the law (i.e.: no physical or employee abuse!). If he can get us winning again. I'll support him blindly on just about everything else.

Last edited:

Dobba

Weird, as Sky were also reporting the lawyers were drawing up contracts first thing this morning. Did they just leave a blank space for the numbers to go in, so it read like a Blankety Blank question?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Tomorrow evening the announcement and friday the presentation i guess.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
JoMo won't sign until we stop calling him JoMo.

Status
Not open for further replies.