Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riz

Maybe we'll get an announcement today. That'd be nice. Still I expect for some reason it will be tomorrow.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Samuel Luckhurst reported earlier that Mourinho is angry because he thinks Mendes should have sorted this out as part of the severance package when he left Chelsea.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Samuel Luckhurst reported earlier that Mourinho is angry because he thinks Mendes should have sorted this out as part of the severance package when he left Chelsea.
Yea I'm sure Jose, on discovering the very minor trademark issue, nipped out of the board room and called Samuel Luckhurst to slag off his own agent and close friend.

owsterix

I don't get it though. Mourinho sold his name to Chelsea in 2005, how was this not an issue when he was at Real Madrid?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Just fecking announce the thing already.

JohnnyKills

I don't get it though. Mourinho sold his name to Chelsea in 2005, how was this not an issue when he was at Real Madrid?
The Times are saying Chelsea waived their rights to the name when he joined RM, as an act of good faith (guess they want to keep good relations with RM in case they want to take any of their cast-offs in future).

They're not willing to do this with United, because apparently they believe they've acted fairly with Mourinho this time, and because they don't want United to become any more powerful commercially. Not sure about the first premise but the second definitely makes sense.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The Times are saying Chelsea waived their rights to the name when he joined RM, as an act of good faith (guess they want to keep good relations with RM in case they want to take any of their cast-offs in future).

They're not willing to do this with United, because apparently they believe they've acted fairly with Mourinho this time, and because they don't want United to become any more powerful commercially. Not sure about the first premise but the second definitely makes sense.
Small-time, garbage club.

owsterix

Cheers, yeah makes sense.

JohnnyKills

Small-time, garbage club.
United would do exactly the same if any club got a commercial edge on us. It's the nature of the beast these days.

No matter how bad we've been on the pitch since 2013, off the pitch we're the strongest club in England and I guess it's only natural that the other clubs want to erode that.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
United would do exactly the same if any club got a commercial edge on us. It's the nature of the beast these days.

No matter how bad we've been on the pitch since 2013, off the pitch we're the strongest club in England and I guess it's only natural that the other clubs want to erode that.
Nah man, I agree with what you've said. I just wanted to express my general feelings towards Chelsea :angel:

NinjaFletch

Hang on. If Chelsea let Real Madrid infringe their trademark, then haven't they forfeited their trademark and it is no longer viable?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Ducker seems to be the only one with a clue. Rest are just copying his stuff

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Hang on. If Chelsea let Real Madrid infringe their trademark, then haven't they forfeited their trademark and it is no longer viable?
Maybe it's the domestic market that Chelsea are concerned about?

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Can someone change the thread title to " Mourinho in a suit".

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

Honestly, will it really add that much more to our accounts?

Oneunited26

So in other words a club that sacked him twice are scared what united could do with him, doubt it will make any difference. I doubt united could be any more powerful, if Mourinho becomes successful it would not make any difference

Last edited:

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
where has this suit business come from? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.