Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meller

He's a human. Some of us aren't petulant cnuts. It's a form of entertainment for us, for him it's his life, career and dignity.

I'd rather he was allowed to leave without embarrassing him. He tried his best, it didn't work. It doesn't make him pond scum worthy of the same words and treatment rapist and murderers get.

Have a bit of humility.
Well he removed every last bit of entertainment from our games and that's why I've wanted him gone for a long time. I wouldn't mind finishing 5th and winning the FA Cup, the results haven't been my issue with him. My issue has been the extremely dull approach to games, trying to create 1 chance a game and winning 1-0. I haven't looked forward to any United game (except the cup games) since November. When he came out saying we have too high expectations, I was livid. What even is that? I think a lot of fans would have accepted 5th place and FA Cup win had we seen some improvements from last season and some entertaining football, but it's gone backwards in pretty much every department. He's extremely arrogant without being able to back that up with results on the pitch, has acted a tw*t on many occasions, and sometimes towards the fans. There's also the fact that there has been rumours of him leaving since December, this is nothing new. Even without the leaks, journalists would have focused on next season and asked him those questions, as they should since he's underachieved and this was the last game of the season. I'm glad he's gone and that we can move on, don't care about the man that has made me almost lost my love for the club and the game, just glad he's finally gone (well hopefully).

Rapist and murderers? What?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Nevermind your younger players, I think your medical staff will be fearing for their jobs. Jose will not have been impressed with the number of injuries you seem to have every season and will be looking for a change to that.

NinjaFletch

Nevermind your younger players, I think your medical staff will be fearing for their jobs. Jose will not have been impressed with the number of injuries you seem to have every season and will be looking for a change to that.
Only about 5 years overdue then :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Other sources are saying otherwise though.

This is the same Sky that said Mourinho was holding talks with PSG just a few weeks ago,and have Ballague on their payroll who said we were definitely sticking with Van Gaal.

Quite frankly,I don't trust them.
Agreed, they are more about click bait and sensationalist headlines than reporting the real story these days.

When BBC say it's happening you know it's true.

It's a shame that LVG didn't get to celebrate without it being ruined, but I would be amazed if he didn't know it deep down.

stu_1992

That "It's over" quote seems just a bit dramatic. Seems disappointed it didn't work out, as we all are I'm sure. He doesn't deserve the abuse he gets, no-one does. I'm guilty of it too, especially in the moment when he made odd decisions. At the end of the day he wasn't good enough at this time for this job, for whatever reason. It's the correct decision though, can't let Mourinho go elsewhere for teh sake of a year with an under-performing manager.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've always thought it was funny how despite being the one manager who broke United's dominance back in the early 2000s, Mourinho has a good relationship with Fergie (choosing to instead feud with the likes of Wenger and Benitez) and most United fans I knew didn't hate him as much as Liverpool and Arsenal fans did.

At least that's how I feel, anyway. Funny how it looks like he might become our manager. I always wonder what might have been had Scholes' perfectly legitimate goal against Porto was allowed to stood and Mourinho never won the CL.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If this is true, it's really worrying that other fans seem so suddenly concerned that we've made a terrible appointment in Mourinho. It's not like there's any other reason they wouldn't want to see him here.......

Although, that bald gimp Castles is close with Mourinho right? He's saying it's not done :(
I want you to get some piece of mind now, Won.
You've been relentless the last 5 or so months that we'll keep Lvg although not much was pointing towards that outcome.
Feel better :)

VanGaalEra

Apparently LVG knew threw days before the final, which means it's all panned out very well.

He knew it was his last game and he went out winning us the cup. He's a manager I have incredible respect for, he's won it all and he's won it in different countries with different clubs. He is one of the best managers in the world, regardless of what the Caf says.

He can go out with his head held high and we'll remember him for being the manager to bring us a trophy post fergie. We'll remember him for signing off on Martial, for bringing in Rashford, Fosu Mensah and Lingard, for helping Shaw develop and for laying solid foundations for us for years to come.

All in all, he won't be looked upon as a failure and we can thank him for his reign and both parties can sever their relationship amicably and continue to have a healthy relationship in the future!

Von Mistelroum

Not until he's in a press conference, holding up a contract, singing Glory, Glory Man United and waving a red flag ;)

MDFC Manager

Fair point.

When would you liked it released?

I really think the uncertainty was poisonous and I'm glad that is past.
I guess Monday would have been fine. Who knows, the man probably would have announced retirement. Now it is essentially a sacking.

Esquire

Now maybay LVG you owe the media an apology as they have been right for over 6 months ?
You know it's funny how there are so many on here saying the rampant rumours especially immediately after yesterday's win were classless. Yet I don't think he was in any way kept out of the loop on the Maureen negotiations. But to be fair to him, he could not say anything to the press. In any case I don't even care whether or not he apologizes to the media or anyone else. He's had his cup success and can be sent off on a high note. As long as he is not here next year he can say whatever he wants.

bubbles_

I'm honestly struggling with this place these days, the moaning, the crying, people are so sensitive it's unreal. How do some of you survive in the real world?
This. I can only imagine people fainting in shock if they actually went to a football match.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
That "It's over" quote seems just a bit dramatic. Seems disappointed it didn't work out, as we all are I'm sure. He doesn't deserve the abuse he gets, no-one does. I'm guilty of it too, especially in the moment when he made odd decisions. At the end of the day he wasn't good enough at this time for this job, for whatever reason. It's the correct decision though, can't let Mourinho go elsewhere for teh sake of a year with an under-performing manager.
Why not ?

I mean he will have earned more money doing this job than any of us will ever own in our entire lives. His job is to let the team play good football and win titles in the process, part of the job is also to deal with the reaction that comes from disappointed fans and the media if that doesn't work out.

I mean it must be the most easy job on the planet if there is no consequences of failure. He gets 2 years, gets paid a fortune, does a lowsy job and than the fans and the media should still sing his praise ? This is sport, if you don't achieve then you should not expect applause and you always risk getting the sack. He is more than experienced enough to know this. He had good times at other clubs where he won major titles and the fans sang his praise, his ego has been boosted plenty in his career, this is the other side of the job if you don't realise the expectations which weren't unrealistic at all.

Spoony

The People's President
It's not a matter of being soft and I'm not trying to be some "hard man", but I genuinely loathe Van Gaal, so I just couldn't care less.
I'm sure there are plenty of people in the world to loathe more than a past-his-best egotistical manager. Could be wrong though.

Life and perspective eh. Could be an age thing though.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Agreed, they are more about click bait and sensationalist headlines than reporting the real story these days.

When BBC say it's happening you know it's true.

It's a shame that LVG didn't get to celebrate without it being ruined, but I would be amazed if he didn't know it deep down.
I won't lie,I used to be big believer in Sky.

But they have been shocking this last few years. The Falcao downpayment stories, Benatia on a plane to Manchester stories ...etc...

I think the fact Van Gaal already knew means he can still celebrate it. I know that some think it's small time,but I wouldn't mind an Fa cup parade with him leading it. Even post the Mourinho announcement.

Jose only starts in July.

Esquire

Apparently LVG knew threw days before the final, which means it's all panned out very well.

He knew it was his last game and he went out winning us the cup. He's a manager I have incredible respect for, he's won it all and he's won it in different countries with different clubs. He is one of the best managers in the world, regardless of what the Caf says.

He can go out with his head held high and we'll remember him for being the manager to bring us a trophy post fergie. We'll remember him for signing off on Martial, for bringing in Rashford, Fosu Mensah and Lingard, for helping Shaw develop and for laying solid foundations for us for years to come.

All in all, he won't be looked upon as a failure and we can thank him for his reign and both parties can sever their relationship amicably and continue to have a healthy relationship in the future!
He was a failure here and a FA cup will not erase that fact. He may be a good manager but he wasn't good enough here. You can argue all you want but the fact that he is going (despite his friendship with Ed) is aligned with how the majority (not just the Caf) feels about his reign. Do I think he has tried his best? No doubt. Do I respect him for that? Yes maybe I do. But does he need to go? Absolutely.

walkinhop

He's a human. Some of us aren't petulant cnuts. It's a form of entertainment for us, for him it's his life, career and dignity.

I'd rather he was allowed to leave without embarrassing him. He tried his best, it didn't work. It doesn't make him pond scum worthy of the same words and treatment rapist and murderers get.

Have a bit of humility.
How is any of it embarrassing? He had his swan song and is going out on a high. He failed to get top 4 ( which might have been in his contract), is getting a LOT of money most of the caf users will never see. I see nothing wrong with him retiring ( the only reason he is getting sacked is to get more money, he wouldn't get if he retired himself our of contract) after winning the FA. As far as i remember he wanted to stay for 2 years anyway.

Apart from some of the fans calling him words, the there is no official statement from the club treating him as a rapist. People amaze me sometimes. The guy was hired to do a job and kinda failed at it. He is getting sacked (hopefully), so what is your problem people?

PS: Fans overdo it sometimes with the name calling, is this new in the world of football? As long as they don't go on the streets doing bad stuff, venting on the forums is ok.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Think he was playing the media ;)
Yea but I always found it ridiculous the extend to which he villified the media.

He said more than once that the media was trying to get him fired, the way his team was playing and his silly decisions as a manager are the reason he is on the brink, not the media...

YzWayne

I don't get some posters here making a big fuss about the news leaking just after the win, not giving LVG the chance to enjoy his win. These posters might be also those who had been slagging LVG off all season.

Cina

Surely the BBC wouldn't unquestionably state that he's going to be the next manager if it was just Mendes that told them, though? I think they had to have heard something from the club.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Nope, I never said it wouldn't happen. I said there was no verifiable evidence at the time - which there wasn't until it came from Van Gaal's own lips this morning. :p
No-one was getting evidence before now, it's just been so obvious for more than 2 months.
Anyway winning the cup and getting rid of LVG in the same weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.