Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Someone leaked it but I don't think anyone can be sure, who or even from whose camp. It's like fecking espionage. Agents and double agents. Sources and agendas. :lol:

What's clear though, there are a few on here already jumping the gun and using this as a premature "See, I told you Mourinho is a cnut" example. Tbf, you don't need this leak as an excuse to call him a cnut. There are lots of other examples. It's just a bit agenda driven to use this unconfirmed leak as a reason.

And to compare LvG's situation to how rapists and murderers are treated? FFS. Get a grip.

izec

Now I think about it, I feel like I passive-aggressively called someone who looked a lot like Adnan Januzaj a prick under my breath for getting in my way. I don't think he travelled with the squad though?

:lol:
He travelled with the squad :)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Pep is more of a risk then Jose. We've seen Pep have a short fuse too and let's not forget the pressure got to him at Barcelona. He's a good coach but volatile and Jose is a safer bet. For me, this is where Peps managerial challenge starts. It sounds silly but City is a different proposition to Barcelona and Munich.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Other media are saying Van Gaal.

Like this entire saga has been,this reports are all conflicting
The reports are conflicting because no-one has a clue but they sell papers with nonsense headlines because people read them regardless. The sports media have no interest in knowledge sharing here. They're just writing nonsense about the topic because it's in-demand. I've no idea why people follow the story when everyone knows this. It's a colossal waste of time.

kr0nix

If have been more worried about Guardiola coming personally. He's never really managed in a league as competitive as ours. He's never had to cope without a team of superstars playing for him and he's just got no experience in the PL. Not to mention his apparent hatred for staying anywhere long.

I expect that, if Mourinho comes, he'll be here until he's replaced or retiring, he has experience of winning the PL and will be motivated as feck. I'd back him over Pep every time.
I think Pep would be better placed to nurture the young players we have here, but that's just my gut feeling. Of course I want to win titles and Jose is as competitive and hungry as they come, but that's not to say Pep wouldn't be able to manage here. I guess we'll see next season.

gulli_G

The hell is wrong with this place sometimes? People have been complaining about LvG for ages, wanting him sacked since December. Now that it finally happened, people are going out in full force blaming Mourinho for leaking it, saying he's a twat and that the club is classless because...? Have everyone just forgot why we were complaining in the first place? Did we play well against freakin' Palace in the final or were we sh*t as usual, limping to the finish line? Does anyone remember LvG saying our expectations are too high? I mean it was almost a week ago now.

LvG has been absolutely awful, made some really strange remarks lately such as the above mentioned, and now people are throwing a fit when we finally get rid of the man at least I, have come to pretty much despise. I'm really excited about Mourinho and really happy we won the FA Cup, but this place sometimes... Some of you deserve another season with sh*t on a stick football. I mean, Pep, Conte, Klopp, Wenger, Poch and even Ranieri... One more season with LvG could have been a disaster. Just enjoy that we finally have a manager worthy of taking over after SAF. Oh and that we won the FA Cup. Who cares what the media reports by the way? We won, do you need to revel in the news on the internet to be able to fully appreciate that we won it? Bah.

Semi-rant over.
This, I know many people who would take 5 yrs of Mourinhio than the same with Moyes or LVG, also failure to get CL would mean less Adidas money from next year

RedDevil@84

All this talk about bad timing and letting LVG enjoy the trophy. Couldn't disagree more, he's made every United fan endure his 'process' of removing all enjoyment from football for 2 years. Personally I'd have liked Ed to have stopped him walking up the steps to the trophy and said, 'where do you think you're going?..... You're sacked !'
Serves him right for killing your cat

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I like how that Sky reporter was talking about the ambiguity in LvG's 'It's over' comment. "It could mean the FA Cup journey is over".

:lol::lol:

Yeah, that's it.

peridigm

So this probably means DDG stays. Has to be 2nd most important outcome of this whole ordeal.

Dé jonge god

I reckon they announce Zlatan next week too. People at the administration dealing with season tickets will be busy.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I think Pep would be better placed to nurture the young players we have here, but that's just my gut feeling. Of course I want to win titles and Jose is as competitive and hungry as they come, but that's not to say Pep wouldn't be able to manage here. I guess we'll see next season.
Genuine question - how many debuts has pep given to young players?

foolsgold

A better question is how many of them did he play 20+ times ?

Jose gave plenty of young players 1 or 2 games in Madrid, that's the easy part. The hard part is sticking by them if it gets a little bit tricky.

Revan

Assumptionman
At Barca I think that he gave debuts to Thiago, Pedro, Busquets, Sergi Roberto, Barta, Cuenca, Tello, Rafinha among others. The first three were regulars on his teams (especially Pedro and Busquets). At Bayern, I have no idea.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
That's a good point.
But then people can change their mind about retirement; and it was up to Woodward to discuss everything with LVG in advance, rather than keeping it a (badly kept) secret (which appears to be what has happened).
The announcement could've been done immediately after the FA Cup (no leaks or unofficial leaked stories) and the fans would've clapped and cheered LVG into retirement.
It's just bad planning.
That would have been better.

Once the media for hold of this,they weren't letting it go.

Partings are hardly amicable though,especially in football. This one is slightly less messy at least.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The reports are conflicting because no-one has a clue but they sell papers with nonsense headlines because people read them regardless. The sports media have no interest in knowledge sharing here. They're just writing nonsense about the topic because it's in-demand. I've no idea why people follow the story when everyone knows this. It's a colossal waste of time.
We know they lie,but I think people are just suckers for news.

And the media feed that need.

Crustanoid

I honestly feel more excited LVG is going than winning the cup yesterday.

Breaking out the champagne and sound system

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

He really wanted the job. :lol:

Gotta love the Arsenal dig as well.

bubbles_

Sky have just said United have told them that LVG was talking about the season when he said "It's over"

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
From Sky.

Manchester United have told Sky Sports News in the last few moments that Louis van Gaal was referring to it being the end of the season, when he said “it’s over.”
Sounds like a typical response to be fair. The way LvG said it implied it meant a lot more than that. He sounded dejected from what i heard on the Sky Sports clip.

ClosetDevil

Imagine the meltdown when people realise they've jumped the gun, and LVG is here to stay for next season too.:lol:

Member 60376

That's because United board should have approached Pep, or Ancelotti earlier than City or Bayern.
Ancelotti always for me, even three years earlier he should have been in place. I am circumspect about the Mourinho appointment, hope am wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.