Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Like some guy said in this thread. They're sat in a room asking each other how long do we need to wait before signing him so it doesn't look like this was all agreed months ago.
I like to think they've been playing through a Fifa career season as United.

Has Jose been coming and going over the last few days or is he camped out there?

I did, 15 minutes ago.
My rubbish joke did not work.

saivet

Watched the ITV doc a few days ago. Found the Sky Sports one now, so will give that a watch now

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
You don't believe me? I have the example of Bob Lamonte who represents GMs, Head coaches, coaches and coordinators, in theory it's the same type of conflict of interest.

But most importantly why do you ask that for Mourinho and not for the other managers or maybe you think that all the managers should ditch their agents?
The example you have picked to represent agent conflicts of interest being "accepted in all sports" is an agent who is criticised for the exact same conflict of interest that I am talking about when he has represented management and players (google bob lamonte conflict of interest). Even putting that rather telling fact to one side, Lamonte mainly represents management figures, so it is not a good comparison with the situation I described: a manager with responsibility for spending club funds on players who are represented by the same agent.

With regards to your second and most important point...this thread is not about 'all managers', it's about Mourinho, hence why I only mentioned Mourinho's situation. Despite that, I've already replied to your earlier tangential post about SAF / Duncan Ferguson, criticising that situation - from that post, please conclude that my comments are generalisable across all managers/agents with conflicts of interest.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The example you have picked to represent agent conflicts of interest being "accepted in all sports" is an agent who is criticised for the exact same conflict of interest that I am talking about when he has represented management and players (google bob lamonte conflict of interest). Even putting that rather telling fact to one side, Lamonte mainly represents management figures, so it is not a good comparison with the situation I described: a manager with responsibility for spending club funds on players who are represented by the same agent.

With regards to your second and most important point...this thread is not about 'all managers', it's about Mourinho, hence why I only mentioned Mourinho's situation. Despite that, I've already replied to your earlier tangential post about SAF / Duncan Ferguson, criticising that situation - from that post, please conclude that my comments are generalisable across all managers/agents with conflicts of interest.
It's not widely non accepted though but if you want the exact same type of situation you have CAA or SFX, most people don't complain about it because there is no problem with it.

skidmark

Supports
Utd, and NUFC
It's not widely non accepted though but if you want the exact same type of situation you have CAA or SFX, most people don't complain about it because there is no problem with it.
Is this latest nonsensical point using bizarre acronyms more or less important than your earlier, blown away, most important point?

JPRouve

Scout
Is this latest nonsensical point using bizarre acronyms more or less important than your earlier, blown away, most important point?
Oh sorry, it's the name of agencies who have both players and managers in other sports than football. You pointed out that the comparison wasn't good which is fair, so I gave you other agencies.

skidmark

Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Oh sorry, it's the name of agencies who have both players and managers in other sports than football. You pointed out that the comparison wasn't good which is fair, so I gave you other agencies.
Random agency names are not a convincing argument. Not that I'm even sure what your argument is, and I'm not sure you are either.

Ban

That really is braking. If it weren't for Sky sources I'd be in dead dark over our transfer dealings or transfer dealings in general.

All hail Sky sources!

JPRouve

Scout
Random agency names are not a convincing argument. Not that I'm even sure what your argument is, and I'm not sure you are either.
You said that
That would not be accepted as a business practice in any field other than football.
I answered that it was accepted in all the sports which is true, CAA have players and coaches in football, NFL and NBA while SFX have head coaches and players in Rugby league. I'll end it there.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
It does feel like a media-wide guessing game :lol:

skidmark

Supports
Utd, and NUFC
You said that

I answered that it was accepted in all the sports which is true, CAA have players and coaches in football, NFL and NBA while SFX have head coaches and players in Rugby league. I'll end it there.
You actually said it was accepted in all sports, then to back up that statement gave an example that demonstrated the opposite of that. That certainly does not demonstrate it to be true...

Ì'm honestly still not sure what you are really arguing about, other than whatever was the last post you made that was shown to be nonsense. My original post was about how accepting conflicts of interest is not a good thing, and that we should criticise this situation. You've spent a couple of hours arguing, unsuccessfully, with every counter argument I've given you, but to what end? You think my original point is wrong, you think a conflict of interest is a good thing?

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Hope we just get a club announcement out of the blue, like the time Sky Sports News found out about Schneiderlin's medical the same time I did :lol:

Ban

But Sky sources sounds so cool. They won't say we found that somewhere on the internet. This way it looks they called their reliable sources, 5, 6 blokes somewhere and asked them what's going on.

Ban

:lol:

Next tweet: "Have just been told PSG suddenly burst into the scene and is ready to hijack the deal. PSG representatives are right now sitting at a table with Mendes and Woodward and are yelling so the 2 can't speak."

Too many characters I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.