Mourinho vs. Conte: "I've never been suspended for match fixing"

Fluctuation0161

Conte was banned, Jose was simply accused, in fact he wasn't even that. Porto's president was, not him. If we're going to start taking away from people's achievements due to accusations, Pep is a bang average manager as he's heavily accused as doping at every club he goes to. There's a difference between accusations that lead to nothing and getting punished for your actions.

Not to add he never said he was rightly banned, simply that he was.
Exactly. Unsurprisingly it's another silly post from one of our resident City posters.

RRCE

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant stuff from Jose. This is him at his best - clever, arrogant, sly and cutting all at the same time. Conte would do well to simply bow out of a war of words he can’t win. I don’t think he’ll have the discipline to just let it go, though. If he persists, he’ll simply continue playing right into Jose’s hands. Quite frankly, I think this sort of stuff (while perhaps somewhat juvenile) brings the best out of Jose. If nothing else, it’s great theatre.

For those who rip Jose for this sort of behaviour, let’s not forget that our beloved Sir Alex engaged in plenty of this sort of thing over the years. In fact, he relished it. I can’t help but think that Jose’s comments would have put a smile on Ferguson’s face.

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
I wish the big feuds were between players.
Since when has feuds only been between players? Football transcends just performances on the pitch, feuds between managers and fans is what creates rivalries and competition. It's decades of shit like this that everyone on here despises Liverpool, for example. They've been shit since most people on here could probably remember, yet they'd still hate to lose to them more than anyone else, it's what football was built on.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Since when has feuds only been between players? Football transcends just performances on the pitch, feuds between managers and fans is what creates rivalries and competition.
I only care about what happens on the pitch. Managers are in standing on the sideline when the match is going on so these feuds between managers does not do anything.

Womp

idiot
I only care about what happens on the pitch. Managers are in standing on the sideline when the match is going on so these feuds between managers does not do anything.
If all fans thought like that the fanbase's hatred for Liverpool would have died a long time ago, derbies between us and Liverpool would have lost it's prestige years ago. Football is much more than just what happens on the pitch, granted it's the most important aspect, that's much more to it than just that.

Also claiming it does nothing is naive. The game is so competitive, any advantage you can gain is a positive. SAF himself was probably the best around at mindgames.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
If all fans thought like that the fanbase's hatred for Liverpool would have died a long time ago, derbies between us and Liverpool would have lost it's prestige years ago. Football is much more than just what happens on the pitch, granted it's the most important aspect, that's much more to it than just that.
I have a feeling the rivalry between us and Liverpool would still be there even without feuding managers.

Martial

The fondest I've ever been of Jose is around the time he made his "voyeur" comments about Wenger. It was so close to the line it was hilarious.

Absolutely love this.

Womp

idiot
I have a feeling the rivalry between us and Liverpool would still be there even without feuding managers.
Is that not exactly the point though? The game transcends just performances on the pitch, all of these feuds between players, managers and fans just adds to the entertainment of the game by building rivalries etc.

Cloud7

:lol::lol: Brilliant. It’s been a while since we had a proper managerial feud in the league

peridigm

Bring back Special One TV. Would be gold with this content.

Boycott

The fondest I've ever been of Jose is around the time he made his "voyeur" comments about Wenger. It was so close to the line it was hilarious.

Absolutely love this.
For me that comment was very below the belt. Wenger has been subject to vile chants over the years.

Tapori

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant stuff from Jose. This is him at his best - clever, arrogant, sly and cutting all at the same time. Conte would do well to simply bow out of a war of words he can’t win. I don’t think he’ll have the discipline to just let it go, though. If he persists, he’ll simply continue playing right into Jose’s hands. Quite frankly, I think this sort of stuff (while perhaps somewhat juvenile) brings the best out of Jose. If nothing else, it’s grest theatre.

For those who rip Jose for this sort of behaviour, let’s not forget that our beloved Sir Alex engaged in plenty of this sort of thing over the years. In fact, he relished it. I can’t help but think that Jose’s comments would have put a smile on Ferguson’s face.
Jose learned from the best

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Hope the wolf eyed twat gets the sack from Roman soon.

I found him amusing in the start, but now he is just tiresome.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Wow, I love this guy :lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!

Conte is as dirty as they come. He knew about the match fixing. He was acquitted simply because he was at the time the manager of Italy, just before the World Cup.

prateik

Well.. There is nothing else going on this season. Might as well enjoy this.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Conte was banned, Jose was simply accused, in fact he wasn't even that. Porto's president was, not him. If we're going to start taking away from people's achievements due to accusations, Pep is a bang average manager as he's heavily accused as doping at every club he goes to. There's a difference between accusations that lead to nothing and getting punished for your actions.

Not to add he never said he was rightly banned, simply that he was. If we're going to be specific, Jose didn't even mention Conte by name, the fact that Conte will most likely get riled by this speaks for itself.
I've actually clearly said Jose was nothing to do with it, but match fixing allegations could (wrongly) be thrown back at him or (rightly/wrongly) at his greatest achievement by Conte and it could descend into quite a shit show. I feel by that comment he's opening himself up to such. I found his dig at Conte quite funny as I do must the times when he sticks the boot in, but as I said it's silly considering the can of worms it could open up.

Pete Dahh Sneak

Supports
Chelsea
Jose’s not the really the one who should be discussing ethics whilst being manager :lol:

ti vu

I've actually clearly said Jose was nothing to do with it, but match fixing allegations could (wrongly) be thrown back at him or (rightly/wrongly) at his greatest achievement by Conte and it could descend into quite a shit show. I feel by that comment he's opening himself up to such. I found his dig at Conte quite funny as I do must the times when he sticks the boot in, but as I said it's silly considering the can of worms it could open up.
So you clearly ignored what @Womp wrote?

Mourinho worded it well about not being suspended in regard of match fixing. So what case Conte can have talking about uncharged match fixing case against Mourinho, or just wild accusation?

padr81

Supports
Man City
So you clearly ignored what @Womp wrote?

Mourinho worded it well about not being suspended in regard of match fixing. So what case Conte can have talking about uncharged match fixing case against Mourinho, or just wild accusation?
So you don't think Conte won't make a comment or throw shade on Porto? I do. Like I said in the post you quoted I even put (wrongly) in there. Like I said I love Jose when he's like this and I'm pretty sure he'll best Conte in any press war but it's likely Conte won't take this lying down and will reply about Porto. Why wouldn't he? Even in my original post, i said it's clear Jose has nothing to do with it. that doesn't mean Conte won't make a comment and link the two.

Phil

So you don't think Conte won't make a comment or throw shade on Porto? I do. Like I said in the post you quoted I even put (wrongly) in there. Like I said I love Jose when he's like this and I'm pretty sure he'll best Conte in any press war but it's likely Conte won't take this lying down and will reply about Porto. Why wouldn't he?
Because it'd be a desperate reach?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Because it'd be a desperate reach?
so is calling him senile. Also it would tarnish his achievement if true even if it clearly has nothign to do with Jose.

ti vu

So you don't think Conte won't make a comment or throw shade on Porto? I do. Like I said in the post you quoted I even put (wrongly) in there. Like I said I love Jose when he's like this and I'm pretty sure he'll best Conte in any press war but it's likely Conte won't take this lying down and will reply about Porto. Why wouldn't he? Even in my original post, i said it's clear Jose has nothing to do with it. that doesn't mean Conte won't make a comment and link the two.
Are you playing dumb on purpose? What would Conte achieve by that? Mourinho didn't get suspension. He worded it well. There is quote and video. In a sense Mourinho said like this "I am no saint. Catch me if you can". For those match fixing accusation, only Conte being charged and banned.

m1tch

Haha I bet no-one saw the match fixing comments coming! Very calculated response to hopefully upset our main rivals for second place.
There's going to be some real bad feeling between those two each time they meet, but I just hope we get the 3 points this time.

prateik

What next? Conte talking about Jose's taxes?

Conte has some pretty weak responses. fecking noob.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Are you playing dumb on purpose? What would Conte achieve by that? Mourinho didn't get suspension. He worded it well. There is quote and video. In a sense Mourinho said like this "I am no saint. Catch me if you can". For those match fixing accusation, only Conte being charged and banned.
What did he want to achieve by calling him senile? conte is just reactionary. I don't get how you guys don't get that. Jose's original comment wasn't even a dig at him.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Wow, I love this guy :lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!

Conte is as dirty as they come. He knew about the match fixing. He was acquitted simply because he was at the time the manager of Italy, just before the World Cup.
Where do you pull this garbage from?

He wasn't manager of Italy at the time and was in august of 2012 the ban was starting

Green_Red

If only there was another thread discussing Jose's ongoing spat with Conte...
Its like you only want a single thread for everything. This is a specific thread about a specific story. Megathreads are annoying because lazy cnuts dont use the threadmarks properly.

ti vu

What did he want to achieve by calling him senile? conte is just reactionary. I don't get how you guys don't get that. Jose's original comment wasn't even a dig at him.
And it doesn't matter to Mourinho, but only paints Conte in bad light going into this like riled up child.

For example, Pep's Barcelona was accused by having UEFA backing (that semi final vs Chelsea). Does it matter to Pep & Barcelona if a riled up Conte wildly aim shot at this when his Chelsea hypothetically lose the CL tie? Not everyone is so thin skinned especially teams at the top coping with pressure on regular basis.

padr81

Supports
Man City
And it doesn't matter to Mourinho, but only paints Conte in bad light going into this like riled up child.

For example, Pep's Barcelona was accused by having UEFA backing (that semi final vs Chelsea). Does it matter to Pep & Barcelona if a riled up Conte wildly aim shot at this when his Chelsea hypothetically lose the CL tie? Not everyone is so thin skinned especially team at the top coping with pressure on regular basis.
To say having his achievment being questioned in the media etc.. again won't effect Jose is untrue. This is Jose and he lets nothing slide. I said it was silly because Conte will likely bring it up being reactionary. This will turn a lot of attention back on that part of Jose's career and a question best left in the past. Take the Pep and doping thing fired around on here, when it suits the agenda people will run with it. Do you think a huge majority of the media won't love the idea of a war between Conte and Jose calling each others biggest achievements a fraud/built on cheating?

You guys seem to be trying to jump to Jose's defence but I'm not even attacking him. I'm simply stating this is how I think Conte will hit back and it's going to get messy between the pair in the media.