Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Are people really convinced he might be sacked or is that just wishful thinking?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I usually Gary Neville's opinion, but he's immediately saying today has nothing to do with the manager, because Fulham defended so bravely and because United had one million chances (i.e. crosses).

Garbage. It's the managers job to give the players instruction, and if his only instruction is to twat it into the box as hard as possible, then the onus is on the manager. The 46 crosses in the first half didn't work, so why persist with it? Moyes is hugely at fault.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Moyes just isn't a winner. Has never won anything. Doubt he ever will. Incredible he was appointed Utd manager. Laughable really.

There is no part of this that is acceptable. Has to go.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ive been an advocate for giving moyes time, but today took the biscuit. Tactically flawed today. Aimless crosses into a box where fulham had 7 players at the very least for most of the game.

There was no change in emphasis at all. One dimensional at its finest.

The only reason we scored really was due to fulham tiring.

Ekeke

Wrong man for the job. Cant motivate and get the top players here playing near their best. Has done nothing all season to suggest that progress is being made in any area. Sorry David, I'd love to give any manager a second season so he has the time to build his own team but what you've done to this one suggests you're going to fall well short of what is expected.

DevilRed

I've been pretty patient with Moyes but this result really makes it hard to support him anymore.

Nothing at the club has changed and it seems as if he is trying to implement the same tactics that Fergie did, despite having spent 60 odd million on the likes of Juan Mata! I mean we have Juan Mata now..what are we doing lobbing in 80 crosses a game? We need to modernize and change up the way we play football. I always held out hope that Moyes was the man for the job but now I just can't see it. There isn't even a semblance of improvement.

I hope im wrong and he does come good. He is on a 6 year contract so its likely he will be allowed to stay till next season. I really hope he can right the ship and somehow miraculously get us into the CL next year.

Enigma_87

You know who
Are people really convinced he might be sacked or is that just wishful thinking?
I don't think we can get a decent replacement now, so he may finish the season. But given the results and play, really it's impossible to be worse. I don't like caretakers, but that's ridiculous ... 80 crosses today. I have now words.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I usually Gary Neville's opinion, but he's immediately saying today has nothing to do with the manager, because Fulham defended so bravely and because United had one million chances (i.e. crosses).

Garbage. It's the managers job to give the players instruction, and if his only instruction is to twat it into the box as hard as possible, then the onus is on the manager. The 46 crosses in the first half didn't work, so why persist with it? Moyes is hugely at fault.
I thought that was a really odd comment.

OneUnited24

I hate how people are taking the stance that Moyes did his job and its the players fault (all season but more to the point this game)when it was clear Fulham setup to allow us to have possession and get us on the break. And surprise surprise both their goals came like that.

Moyes should have changed things sooner but more importantly encouraged to keep going forward instead of sitting back. At 2-1 we had them on the ropes but started to sit back

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
If he isn't, then something really worrying is happening at the club.
Its true Fergie used to always say nobody is bigger than the club. Hopefully he will go but I think they will end up trying to stick by him to the bitter end.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Because he hasn't learned, he hasn't learned, for the third time at home this season he hasn't learned that Valencia isn't a right back!
Its an attacking substitution, going for the win, and Valencia wasn't to blame for their goal, our Captain only needed to do what he's done a million times in his career and head the ball away and its a win

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I've been pretty patient with Moyes but this result really makes it hard to support him anymore.

Nothing at the club has changed and it seems as if he is trying to implement the same tactics that Fergie did, despite having spent 60 odd million on the likes of Juan Mata! I mean we have Juan Mata now..what are we doing lobbing in 80 crosses a game? We need to modernize and change up the way we play football. I always held out hope that Moyes was the man for the job but now I just can't see it. There isn't even a semblance of improvement.

I hope im wrong and he does come good. He is on a 6 year contract so its likely he will be allowed to stay till next season. I really hope he can right the ship and somehow miraculously get us into the CL next year.
This is what didn't make that giddy when we signed Mata, great player but at the wrong football club sadly.

Baxter

He was speaking shit the whole game. He spent ages going on about how players should be out wide and stretching Fulham's defence, when all we did was get it wide. Awful tactics.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Today was one of the rare times he could actually say we were unlucky. 75% of the ball, five times as many shots, ten times as many corners...I have no idea how we didn't win that one.
Because lumping crosses in quite clearly wasn't working and there was no thought of a plan b.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
As Nev said today's result wasn't all Moyes given the amount of possession we had but it's yet another to add to the list.

It's not good enough. Sack him.

Ferguson

I hate when he takes off a midfielder like Fletcher or a defender like Raphael to throw the kitchen sink. It just feels stupid.

We already had them under an absolute blitz. Put Januzaj on first, and trust your players. Then when you have your goals, you might have a team left with some shape that won't concede again.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its true Fergie used to always say nobody is bigger than the club. Hopefully he will go but I think they will end up trying to stick by him to the bitter end.
Whether Fergie is bigger than the club or not is currently being put to the test.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Anyone who doesn't realise moyes et al are to blame are blind.

Tired tactics, players don't want to play for him/them. The point where this was a 'transition' has well gone.

Need to get rid before he can make any stupid decisions in the summer window.

Revan

Assumptionman

Gary Neville has been the worst pundit this year.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Its an attacking substitution, going for the win, and Valencia wasn't to blame for their goal, our Captain only needed to do what he's done a million times in his career and head the ball away and its a win
How is it an attacking substitution when the player coming on is worse going forward than the one going out? Valencia is fecking shite defensively and offensively.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
If he isn't, then something really worrying is happening at the club.
The worrying bit is SAF was given all the resposibility of picking a new manager - and opted for his Scottish friend because he's made it from Glasgow to England and work a bit.

Which of course is the reality with the Glazers as owners. Naturally they're completely clueless in everything concerning football, so they've decided to just let SAF give the job to his man without seeking out other candidates.

Every top five manager in the four or five European top leagues would do a better job than Moyes has done. It's almost unthinkable how poor we've been.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Today, is the straw that breaks it all...

until today I was giving it the "needs time" approach.

But bloody hell, that was a 7-0 game there today, to not win, and to be losing for ages is a scandal.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Would it have been better (not in terms of points obviously) to lose the game at 0-1 than drawing it so late and in that manner ? This draw feels worse than a defeat to me.

LARulz

His interview will be infuriating. He'll say we played well, got the ball in a lot and were unlucky. THERE ARE MORE WAYS TO PLAY THAN CROSSING ONLY!

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
I hate how people are taking the stance that Moyes did his job and its the players fault (all season but more to the point this game)when it was clear Fulham setup to allow us to have possession and get us on the break. And surprise surprise both their goals came like that.

Moyes should have changed things sooner but more importantly encouraged to keep going forward instead of sitting back. At 2-1 we had them on the ropes but started to sit back
The second goal didn't come on the break the entire back 4 were in place

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What else would you expect against a team camped on the edge of their area
An attempt to mix it up a bit and at least show something other than completely one-dimensional, predictable tactics of putting it out wide. Perhaps we wouldn't have incredible success through the middle, but crossing clearly doesn't do much for us either. Fulham are currently bottom of the table, so even with plenty of men camped in the box we should be able to break them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.