Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
If I learnt anything from playing for FC Go-Cat, it's that the manager has a right to make big decisions, whether they turn out good or bad; after all, he's the most likely one to lose his job...not always due to his own competence.

Sally Cinnamon

If I learnt anything from playing for FC Go-Cat, it's that the manager has a right to make big decisions, whether they turn out good or bad; after all, he's the most likely one to lose his job...not always due to his own competence.
What do you make of all of this, Steve? I was skimming through a thread earlier and saw you saying that we don't know if all the crosses yesterday was Moyes' tactic, and you thought it was down to the players lack of skill/imagination. I think that's essentially what you said. Surely you can't believe that? The style of our play yesterday absolutely has to have come from the manager. He has nothing to lose from now until the end of the season in the league, nobody will expect us to even get into the top 4, there has to be some change in style and results now, something to show that he's able to manage a team like United and get them playing good football and get results. The players at his disposal are not an excuse. They are good players. There's no lack of effort on the pitch either.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Hello, chief. :)

'Truth is, I don't know what the main problem is. I've no reason to 'support' Moyes except for a sense of fairness - I'd like to let him have one full season, and then see where we are (& then a decision might be made by the board). As for the players, well, we all have our favourites & scapegoats and probably all of us have doubts about the quality of certain players; that's nothing new for the Caf.

Sally Cinnamon

'Truth is, I don't know what the main problem is. I've no reason to 'support' Moyes except for a sense of fairness - I'd like to let him have one full season, and then see where we are (& then a decision might be made by the board). As for the players, well, we all have our favourites & scapegoats and probably all of us have doubts about the quality of certain players; that's nothing new for the Caf.
There are a number of players whose time's up, no doubt - rio, vidic, pat, giggs will be gone. Others aren't good enough to be starting for United at the top level, young, Valencia, most of the midfield.

Moyes style of play is by far my biggest issue, it doesn't seem to make a difference who he picks, the way he has us playing is awful. Think nazi Danny would be doing a better job :D

togg

I think this is it. I don't think there is a main problem..just a collection of things that are not right culminating in one rather disturbing collapse of a team that is certainly not as bad as some people make out. New manager, new backroom staff, loss of a huge talisman, lethargy, lack of hunger, loss of confidence...goodness knows what else....

Tomalonge

not sure the poor bugger inside the costume is though. Probably got a face like thunder. Would love him to attack Moyes in the dug out....
:lol:

"The football's shite, the players are shite, the manager's shite, the fans are shite, the city's shite, and to top it off I have wear this ridiculous shite, where is he?"

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

I worry that the players don't have the intelligence or desire to take it on themselves to do something different. Michael Carrick has a shot and it went in, more luck than design, it went in. Why weren't they trying that earlier. Do you think a Messi or Ronaldo would be thinking, Damn you Fulham, you've sussed us out, of course not they would take matters into their own hands and try something different. I thought they were taking the mickey yesterday with all those crosses. All it did was prove, as if we didn't already know, that they are rubbish at crossing.

Shimo

“Today was as bad as it gets,” he said. “How we didn’t win, I have no idea. It’s goals that count. You can have as much possession as you like … Even when it was 2-1 and they put five minutes (of added time) up Fulham never came up the pitch, they left us with the ball. So it was nearly a case of just playing out time and we gave away a diabolical second goal. If we had one failing it was that we should have gone to win 3-1. You could use maybe mental softness that we didn’t see the job out and get the job done. I would agree with that … It was never one (way of attacking) … If you’re just going to look at the stats and think about the crosses you need to think about the number of passes and I don’t think we just went out and crossed the ball. Some people might say that one of the things that Manchester United do is play with width and cross the ball, that’s in the genes here.”
Got that from RoM - I hadn't seen or read the bolded part any place else but, if it's what he said, and he truly believes we tried to play in a manner that didn't involve getting the ball on the sides and trying to put it in dangerous areas - then I need to rethink my position on supporting his continued tenure.

I was probably one of the only ones yesterday that was like "Ok, I can see why he hasn't tried to get them to play through the middle because they've overloaded the central areas, so the better option was to attack from the sides".

The only variation other than that was a few balls over the top for RVP and Rooney to try get behind but, those were only a few. I can't think of a single moment where we tried to even once play with the likes of Rooney, RVP, Mata, Young and any of the CM with quick shorter passing through the middle.

Is he talking about the passes it took to get the ball out to a crossing position? Because ultimately that is all our passing was about, getting players in a position to cross the ball, there was no intent in our passing to try play through their packed defense in the box.

prarek

Oh how i wished him to do well i really did. Think he's a decent bloke and thought he was a good manager and still do but maybe not fit for a top team, midtable manager i think. Losing my faith every passing game.

togg

the main thing that was annoying for me, and of course it's been mentioned elsewhere on here, but after thumping crosses in for so long, with no result, there was no change of tactics from Moyes...just nothing...just the same thing. It wasn't working, most were not accurate, surely a tactical manager would have changed things...tried something else, altered things. I don't know...just seems obvious and sensible to me...

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
not sure the poor bugger inside the costume is though. Probably got a face like thunder. Would love him to attack Moyes in the dug out....
:lol:

Look how happy he is
You see this is why I feel sorry for him. He's desperate for something good to happen. He was the same when he got Mata - the cat that caught the canary.

But who is he actually aiming that celebration at?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez frustrated at lack of playing time under David Moyes
Javier Hernandez is unhappy at being marginalised by David Moyes at Manchester United.

Moyes, already under pressure with United NINE points adrift of fourth spot, has angered Hernandez by continually overlooking him, according to Mexico coach Miguel Herrera.

Herrera, speaking to ESPN's Raza Deportiva, said: "Chicharito is frustrated because the current coach doesn't give him many minutes, but he continues to be very committed."

The striker, 25, has become an increasingly peripheral figure under Moyes and published a cryptic statement on his Instagram account following the Red Devils ' 2-2 home draw against Fulham.

"The time to speak about so many things will come," wrote Hernandez.

The forward is expected to leave Unites this summer after becoming disillusioned with his lack of playing time under Moyes.
Surely Hernandez would be best suited to Moyes' game plan?

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
I worry that the players don't have the intelligence or desire to take it on themselves to do something different. Michael Carrick has a shot and it went in, more luck than design, it went in. Why weren't they trying that earlier. Do you think a Messi or Ronaldo would be thinking, Damn you Fulham, you've sussed us out, of course not they would take matters into their own hands and try something different. I thought they were taking the mickey yesterday with all those crosses. All it did was prove, as if we didn't already know, that they are rubbish at crossing.
Carrick had a shot in the first half. Yesterday wasn't just about crossing, however given how deep and narrow Fulham were and how much possession we had there were always going to be many crosses

Keenst

Alan Pardieu on Sky talking about how they were happy with the Fulham result as they now want to over-take us in the table, ffs.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
At the time I thought that celebration was small time and I guess it is. I do feel sympathy for him watching it back though. He is so desperate to get things right but it just isn't happening.

He has to take the blame for the tactics, not the players! Can't believe that I have to type that sentence. He was briefing Januzaj for a couple of minutes before he came on and as soon as Adnan got the ball he started smashing crosses in like a man possessed. The sum total of Moyes's tactical diversity was to put Adnan on the opposite flank for a while. It certainly seems that Moyes believes in the percentages. The sums didn't add up yesterday though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Alan Pardieu on Sky talking about how they were happy with the Fulham result as they now want to over-take us in the table, ffs.
he really is a first class tit isn't he.....deary me...
He's the manager of the club chasing us for a spot in the Europa League, why is he not in his rights to be happy we dropped points making it easier for them to catch us? This is our level now, being hunted for seventh by Newcastle, and as long as Moyes is here we all need to get used to it.

At the time I thought that celebration was small time and I guess it is. I do feel sympathy for him watching it back though. He is so desperate to get things right but it just isn't happening.

He has to take the blame for the tactics, not the players! Can't believe that I have to type that sentence. He was briefing Januzaj for a couple of minutes before he came on and as soon as Adnan got the ball he started smashing crosses in like a man possessed. The sum total of Moyes's tactical diversity was to put Adnan on the opposite flank for a while. It certainly seems that Moyes believes in the percentages. The sums didn't add up yesterday though.

Ixion

He has to take the blame for the tactics, not the players! Can't believe that I have to type that sentence.
I would actually have more sympathy if he did accept some responsibility. Its always injuries, or referees, or fixtures being rigged, or transfer windows being difficult, or just not have any luck. I can't stand listening to him anymore.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

His first touch was a cross.

:wenger: @longlivezaha

Status
Not open for further replies.