Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Orduck

Did well tonight. Good tactics. Arsenal were utter trash, but some of that may well have been down to our spoiling tactics.

Back to basics, as someone said in another thread. We've conceded so many gash goals recently that a solid clean sheet against a top team is going to do the defence wonders confidence-wise. Once that lot's settled we can work on our attacking play.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He was willing them forward, telling them to press and we sit back, and when we got the ball near the box our imaginative midfield players played it back... he looked as frustrated as us.
Did you not see him trying to egg the team to have that final chance and get frustrated when we instead passed it back?
Right so I can call Carrick a pussy freely?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Que?

He hardly got a kick and was fair less ineffectual than Ashley Young was, for example.
Yes but the idea was good. Get Adnan on to stretch their defense. We didn't get the ball enough thought. That's where the Fellaini bit comes from.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
United played well tonight. Organised in defence, decent in possession and with a threat on the counter attack.

Don't really see why Moyes is being criticised for attacking intent. We tried to get forward and counter all game and it's only the last 30 seconds which was a passed up opportunity.

RVP was unlucky with that header in the last 10 minutes. Very good save.

Only thing that disappointed me was Janujaz and Young did not really contribute the way Mata and Valencia did before them.

That's a vastly improved performance on anything this year and bodes well for the Champions League.
Janujaz was a bit of a defensive liability, he started on the left, then right and finally moved to the centre, didn't effect the game positively at all

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Did you not see him trying to egg the team to have that final chance and get frustrated when we instead passed it back?
Exactly. I despise those manager cams, but for the first time I actually thought it was spot on to use, because it showed how much Moyes was spurring his team to push for the final 20 seconds, then that outburst when we just passed it back. He gets one brownie point from me for doing that, shows he isn't "fully happy" with settling for one point.

OneUnited24

That must be why he's regularly taken off a fullback for a winger when chasing a result
Yeah because many here never call Valencia a defensive winger... And if you're talking about Sunday vs Fulham the fact we didnt make that change earlier was inspired!

Anderson18

Atleast we looked good in defence tonight, but we still lack any kind of philosophy going forward. He either changes the system completely or simply drops one of Mata, Van Persie and Rooney. It looks imbalanced as Januzaj really stayed on the side and Mata roams across the field and is rarely on his position.

Smalling and De Gea played a great game. Cleverley decent for his standards.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Not sure what you're trying to say here.

When there's 20 seconds left on the clock, do you agree that passing it back is the way to go? No. Then in which case, your on Moyes' side. Congratulations :D
Nah, I've been calling Carrick a pussy all season but I wasn't sure if that little clusterfeck at the end was Moyes' or Carrick's fault.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
In all honesty it was tumescent stuff and the fact that we are taking this as a positive (as we probably should considering recent performance) is a bit embarrassing.

But I guess you need games like this tonight to get confidence in a fragile defence.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
One good thing about Moyes is the goalkeeping department. Rest is shite.
This kind of post gets me worked up, it's this kind of knee-jerk, thoughtless nonsense that provoked reactions from me that got me banned twice in the last 4 weeks. So I'm going to say this very calmly.

WHAT IN THE NAME OF SATAN'S BURNING RINGPIECE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Vidic - Immense
Smalling - Immense
Ferdinand - Fine
Cleverley - Immense
Valencia - Fine/Directly stopped us from conceding.
Carrick - Fine/Solid

Did you even watch the game? Why are all of your anti Moyes comments never backed up with substance? Are you familiar with the game of football? Do you believe it's always about winning 3-0? Is it only about the strikers doing well?

Everybody else seems to think that most the team were fine tonight and only the attack didn't do well. Again; did you even watch the game?

#omfg #didntscoresix #moyesoutnow

Last edited:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
You know when he says weird things in immediate response to a question, is he setting himself up or just waffling until he figures out an appropriate answer?

I've wondered it lots this season, and once more just on the BT interview; 'What do you hope to get out of the trip of Dubai?'

'Well, we don't usually talk about it but you've just asked me the question... We hope to give them some good work'

That's a weird response, isn't it?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
In all honesty it was tumescent stuff and the fact that we are taking this as a positive (as we probably should considering recent performance) is a bit embarrassing.

But I guess you need games like this tonight to get confidence in a fragile defence.
Yep, this was a just about acceptable performance (though considering we actually needed a win, barely that)...People throwing around words like immense and excellent have really let their standards drop.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You know when he says weird things in immediate response to a question, is he setting himself up or just waffling until he figures out an appropriate answer?

I've wondered it lots this season, and once more just on the BT interview; 'What do you hope to get out of the trip of Dubai?'

'Well, we don't usually talk about it but you've just asked me the question... We hope to give them some good work'
Thought it was funny. He's clearly pissed off. :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Impressed by him tactically. He suffocated the Arsenal midfield. Didn't let them play their free flowing football. You can almost count on one hand the number of clear chances Arsenal had.

Revan

Assumptionman
Vidic - Immense
Smalling - Immense
Ferdinand - Fine
Cleverley - Immense
Valencia - Fine/Directly stopped us from conceding.
Carrick - Fine/Solid
Are you sure that you know what 'immense' means? People should read the Mockney post and stop using 'immense' and 'excellent' words for fairly decent/good performances from some players and a good performance from the team which now is 11 points behind the fourth place.

It was better than the usual shit we got served this season, but that is all.

PTME

Reserve Team Player
Impressed by him tactically. He suffocated the Arsenal midfield. Didn't let them play their free flowing football. You can almost count on one hand the number of clear chances Arsenal had.
Pretty obvious trolling. Reported.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Yep, this was a just about acceptable performance (though considering we actually needed a win, barely that)...People throwing around words like immense and excellent have really let their standards drop.
Well we are mid table now so looking at it as a mid table side, yeah we were immense.. As a team aspiring for a top 4 finish then no, not good enough again.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
It wasn't exactly a good performance, but it does give us something to build on. The defence was solid enough, but the attack lacked any sort of fluidity or creativity.

I think Moyes would have taken that before the kick-off.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Taken in isolation it was a good performance.

But with the season as a whole it wasnt a result that will do any good.

PTME

Reserve Team Player
It wasn't exactly a good performance, but it does give us something to build on. The defence was solid enough, but the attack lacked any sort of fluidity or creativity.

I think Moyes would have taken that before the kick-off.
It really shattered all hope. Some of you geeks need to realize what it means to voluntary sacrifice your top 4 place. It will be almost impossible to repair the damage Moyes has done. This is worse than Liverpool in 1991.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Well we are mid table now so looking at it as a mid table side, yeah we were immense.. As a team aspiring for a top 4 finish then no, not good enough again.
Even if the standards have dropped, we shouldn't have to be in a position where we judge ourselves as a mid-table side. We may not be brilliant, but getting a 0-0 draw against Arsenal with this side is a decent result. It's not an immense or excellent one to be celebrated.

Orton

Even if the standards have dropped, we shouldn't have to be in a position where we judge ourselves as a mid-table side. We may not be brilliant, but getting a 0-0 draw against Arsenal with this side is a decent result. It's not an immense or excellent one to be celebrated.
As a team needing the points though, it's not. Last season when we were pretty much confirmed as champions we had a better go at the emirates. Tonight we desperately needed a win. Didn't look that way though from the game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Indeed. Any of the previous seasons and we'd be thinking of today's game as an average performance where we didn't take our chance to beat a poor Arsenal. These days it's about as good as we could hope for.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I'm slightly sliding over the "Moyes Out" camp now. This football we're producing is dross. Hoofing the ball most of the game to RVP when he has a 6"7 Mertesacker next to him.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Inherently negative as per. Liverpool were losing 2-1 and we were playing for the draw. Meh.
...but we weren't, otherwise we wouldn't have introduce Adnan and Young. Moyes was clearly pissed we didn't press more in the final third.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
As a team needing the points though, it's not. Last season when we were pretty much confirmed as champions we had a better go at the emirates. Tonight we desperately needed a win. Didn't look that way though from the game.
Yeah that's exactly my point, since you were saying we should be judged as a mid-table side on our performance.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yeah. I mean, the football was still awful, it just wasn't calamitous or embarrassing.

Sally Cinnamon

I'm not going to bash him because we came away with a point and all... but, it was just a bit meh. The substitutions were very disappointing especially since the game was there to be won for either side. I wish he was more positive and go for it, we've not got a whole lot to lose from now on.

There was some very solid defensive performances and de gea was great. It was nothing to write home about.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I hate him. I'll take Phelan in charge. He's available and has more relevant experience than midtable Moyesy

Orton

This team is capable of so much better too. I really hope since the top 4 is out the equation now that we see some more attractive football rather than what we've been dished up all season. Got nothing to lose at all.

Shark

@NotShark
Moyes was clearly more concerned about conceding tonight, than actually scoring. Taking Mata off instead of Valencia, for Januzaj was evidence of that, as he offered feck all in attack.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
It really shattered all hope. Some of you geeks need to realize what it means to voluntary sacrifice your top 4 place. It will be almost impossible to repair the damage Moyes has done. This is worse than Liverpool in 1991.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Status
Not open for further replies.