Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory 7

We were shit under Ferguson for the last few years, league winners or not. The way we lost those two European Cup Finals was the writing on the wall.

Now under Moyes we are seeing just how many average players we have. Is that really Moyes' fault?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
SAF till the end of the season and a manager who knows what winning stuff means in summer.
Again, that is not even answering the question because Sir Alex has said he has retired for good

He speaks English. He just refuses to In front of the media incase of being misquoted.
I have heard him speak english, but it isn't that good either. He could easily be misquoted by his translators words being spun by the media.

Someone with a proven track record, at the top of the game, who knows how to win things. Basically, what we should have done when Fergie retired.
No one around mate, absolutely no one.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Were you this critical of Ferguson after Nani was sent off against Madrid last March?
Odd thing to say. Both before and after Nani's red card against Madrid, we were still in the game.

Today, we were clearly just fumbling around with no coherent strategy on how to win.

Again, im not blaming Moyes for the red card, and I could even accept (or be less critical at least) if we had still looked like we were in the game afterwards, had we lost. As it is, its the performance as much as the result which is a cause for concern, and rightly so.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
6 year contract. Protected by SAF. I don't see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. At some point you have to feel the Glazers will say enough is enough. Probably when they start to worry about their pocket books. And at that point,it won't matter what SAF advises.

dev1l

I
Someone with a proven track record, at the top of the game, who knows how to win things. Basically, what we should have done when Fergie retired.
if you ask a hundred fans they ll come up with hundred names,,so you ll still end up with 99 moaners.

pony1982

I still think his biggest mistake was replacing our coaching staff - he's turned a well oiled machine into Everton!! We need to accept that we fecked up appointing him - I don't want another couple of windows of our transfer targets rejecting us because our coaching staff don't inspire.

And, don't even get me started on him playing half fit Rooney and RVP, crocking them for longer!!

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Again, WHO?

So replace a manager who hasn't won anything, with ANOTHER manager who hasn't won anything and barely speaks the english language? Wow, intelligent.

Replace an 11 year midtable manager with a manager who got relegation candidates to the top 8 and at a strech, the top 4. Also, a manager who orders his team to press and plays attacking football. Very intelligent, thank you.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Until the day Moyes is managing United he'll get my backing. As fans it's the only way we can help the club.

Leave the decisions who manages United to the power men at the club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We were shit under Ferguson for the last few years, league winners or not. The way we lost those two European Cup Finals was the writing on the wall.

Now under Moyes we are seeing just how many average players we have. Is that really Moyes' fault?
We won the league by a mile. Shit under ferguson indeed. And we actually reached European cup finals. Right now we get regularly beaten at old Trafford.

Let's not even compare. United won 5 of the last 7 league titles under ferguson.

nooshka

I've never wanted Moyes and I have no sympathy for him but, as an aside, Ferguson's presence in the stands at every game, knowing full well he's being monitored by the cameras for his reaction at every turn, is not helping whatsoever. This, along with riding on the team coach, just hints at some truth in Keane's notion that he still wants to be the man, because I don't see how it's helping the transition at all.

Not doubting you but where did you hear this? If so then he really shouldn't be undermining Moyes like that.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm still enjoying the season

It's like a whole new experience. And defeats don't hurt nearly as bad as when you are in a title race.

I guess it's like supporting spurs
I agree with you, I'm enjoying it too. Not in the 'we're so shit it's funny sense', but just because as you say it's different to any season I've known, and I feel there's so much room for improvement, I want to see us get better.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Mike Phelan is a good shout for caretaker. Knows the players well and according to him was the man behind all our success anyway.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Until the day Moyes is managing United he'll get my backing. As fans it's the only way we can help the club.

Leave the decisions who manages United to the power men at the club.
I'll always cheer for my team when we play and want Moyes and want united to succeed, but is it wrong to hold the opinion that he probably is nowhere near good enough? Actually I'm not even sure if i think he's not good enough but it's definitely a big possibility in my mind as of now.

The way I see it, he does get my backing and support to succeed. But I can't help but feel he doesn't look good enough at all.

Bojan11

We won the league by a mile. Shit under ferguson indeed. And we actually reached European cup finals. Right now we get regularly beaten at old Trafford.

Let's not even compare. United won 5 of the last 7 league titles under ferguson.
We actually played decent stuff too last season. Amazing this myth that we were total shit last season yet won the league by 12 points.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I was all for giving him until the end of the season but this is getting very desperate and the bookies now have us as favourites for finishing outside the top 4.

He's talking about, not guaranteeing Rooney will stay if we finish outside of the top 4. Surely if that happens he will be out of a job?

Awful football, awful results, awful tactics, chosen or not he has to be on borrowed time already.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Replace an 11 year midtable manager with a manager who got relegation candidates to the top 8 and at a strech, the top 4. Also, a manager who orders his team to press and plays attacking football. Very intelligent, thank you.
That is exactly what Moyes did with Everton you bloody idiot. Southampton were already getting out of the relegation zone, their squad was too good to be relegated. They were lucky the manager change worked, because it wasn't so long ago people wanted them out.

Rory 7

Yep. And all that is history. The key players involved in those titles wins are either past it now, injured or playing for Real Madrid.

This squad has been let decline and Ferguson has handed Moyes an absolute pup.

Plugsy

The lack of invention has been one of the bigger disappointments. Team talks delivered must contain few more words than:

"You get the ball out wide. You cross it".

If we've used another tactic so far this season it escapes my mind at this moment in time. Januzaj comes on and he has his arse glued to the touchline. I'm not one for FM14 'experts' thinking they're tactically superior than the professionals but with all the respect in the world, we're tactically very, very basic. I think a step down from what we play is route one, not that we've been adversed to that.

Mainoldo

Now we just have an average manager too.. The Southampton manger was a good shout. The guy is just clueless. Like i said i can stick by a guy with a philosophy of playing good football. The longer we give this man the worse it will get, he wont change it around.

I hope to god we don't give him any money to spend in January.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He's not even managed a full season at Southampton. :houllier:

He's been there since last season and has a lot more to brag about than David Moyes.

Anyways, he doesn't have a plan. He looks lost and out of his depth. Give him until the end of the season, but he's not untouchable because of Sir Alex.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
With the way results and performances are going I'm dreading any panic buys which could burden the club for years.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's retired isn't he?

It doesn't fecking matter. Most of the people here who say we should sack Moyes now have no clue about who we should get next. Make a revolution with no proper idea for the future and you're fecked anyway. You'll see Klopp being mentioned soon, some people will probably try to resurrect some ex manager 'becoz beter den moyz' and then it will go as bad that shite managers that have won as much as Moyes will be mentioned. Martinez has been described as the Second Coming numerous times here already. It's fecking as bizzare as our play at times.

It's all shit now, yes, but some need to get a fecking grip. There's as much chance of us sacking Moyes right now as me growing third penis.

Status
Not open for further replies.