Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yep. And all that is history. The key players involved in those titles wins are either past it now, injured or playing for Real Madrid.

This squad has been let decline and Ferguson has handed Moyes an absolute pup.
8 months back we won the league comfortably. 8 months. A team of champions doesn't turn shit all at once conveniently coinciding with the new managers stint.

pony1982

:lol: just seen it; feck me his standards are low...!
To be fair, this might just be for the media and to take the pressure off his players.

Not sure if anyone noticed Fergie at the final whistle, but he looked really disgusted. Maybe, just maybe the owners are going to think of getting rid of this chap who thought it'd be a good idea to replace Rene with Phil Neville!!

Ixion

I see nothing to suggest he is changing how we play, what his style of football is and how he ultimately wants us to play. We're constantly devoid of ideas. Rodgers, Mourinho, Pellegrini, Poyet, Martinez have all come into clubs and had a quicker impact on the style of play their team plays, and been much quicker to act in bringing in new players to add to the squad. Moyes doesn't seem to have a style of play that we're working towards, he never seems to have a plan B and he's always making excuses, the referee, the fixtures being fixed, injuries, transfer windows being difficult. He's just treading water and hoping things will change on their own. I really think he is out of his depth and needs to learn fast.

Member 5225

Thats worked brilliantly hasn't it? One of the best players in the world driven out of their club
He played superb after that little phase. Also he simply doesn't fit the team's style and philosophy (which Jose actually has for them). And err they're in the title race, hence vindicated. justsayin

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
As they're saying on BT Sport now, why not use the post-match pressers to add pressure on the players (ala Jose on Mata earlier in the season, etc)
Mata's been rubbish all season so I don't think that's helped in fairness.

Baxter

As Ginola said, I can understand him saying stuff like that once or twice. However, how many times are we going to be unlucky and played well when it's clear to see we were shite. Maybe a public rocket up the arse of a few of the players is what's needed.

To say we "played quite well" is just garbage.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I think basically if he somehow manages to win the Capital One Cup (not easy as probably City will need to be beaten in the final) he'll get another season. The season will be seen as a 'success' by the board especially in light of what SAF said earlier in the year.

Failing that, I can really see him getting sacked especially if, as it looks likely we miss out on the top 4.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
His post-match interviews are pathetic. As one of my mates just said, "he's like a chemically castrated Malcolm Tucker". He's a nothing manager.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
To be fair, this might just be for the media and to take the pressure off his players.

Not sure if anyone noticed Fergie at the final whistle, but he looked really disgusted. Maybe, just maybe the owners are going to think of getting rid of this chap who thought it'd be a good idea to replace Rene with Phil Neville!!
Rene left on his own accord, besides everyone lambasted Fergie for hiring Phelan to replace Quiroz. Honestly I think we have the ficklest fans in the league.

Member 5225

Pressure OFF the players? why?
Either the manager takes the pressure or the players, can't be neither!

Rory 7

8 months back we won the league comfortably. 8 months. A team of champions doesn't turn shit all at once conveniently coinciding with the new managers stint.

well i don't know but i think i can find 100s of threads on this forum about how poor we have been playing as a team for the last number of years.

yes we won the league. oh do you know what, i give up. we're all fed up with this. there's no point in arguing amongst ourselves...

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Until the day Moyes is managing United he'll get my backing. As fans it's the only way we can help the club.

Leave the decisions who manages United to the power men at the club.

I'll back United as I always have Sultan, but managers come & go, as they did through the 70s & 80s, managers like Busby & SAF were the exception, but Moyes, or any manager who comes in, has to prove himself. He's not bigger than the club & has no divine right to respect, he has to earn it. The players he has at his disposal are proven winners over many seasons, something isn't right. I don't think they trust or respect him yet and he's not showing so far that he deserves that trust or respect.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
There's obviously a problem (#understatement) and it's probably a combination of things.

The squad Moyes inherited is not as good as some people like to think. We weren't the best team in the PL last season. We just had the best results.

And it's a worrying fact that Everton are having their best season in years.

It's also worrying that it's likely we may no longer attract the best players.

Fergies Formula

I WANT TO KNOW WHY MOYES ISNT COMING OUT AND GIVING US FANS ANSWERS, EVEN AN APOLOGY WOULD BE APPROPRIATE AT THIS POINT. MY RAGE FOR HIM IS UNHEALTHY

Member 5225

I've changed my mind. I don't think he should get until the end of the season. Fire him now. We lost, played like shit, and he thinks we played well. Unbelievable.
Thanks to the man you have dedicated as your username, we didn't get the best man for the job IMHO (Jose Mourinho).

pony1982

Rene left on his own accord, besides everyone lambasted Fergie for hiring Phelan to replace Quiroz. Honestly I think we have the ficklest fans in the league.
No he didn't - he left because Moyes wanted him to be reserve team coach and he didn't want to be involved with the reserves.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Okay then. Glad we had this discussion.
Don't be like that hectic.

No but seriously, it's a tough job to follow saf, but given the squad he's left it's not an impossibly job IMO. Moyes has done a very very poor job of it I reckon. I don't think mourinho is the guy foe united but do you really think this would be the state of affairs under him? Management is often also about how you inspire. There's no way someone who instills belief and organisation like him would let us be in the current predicament.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Getting harder and harder to defend the man. He has been an absolute disaster. Potentially our worst ever manager?

OneUnited24

TBF that was a poor choice after having Quiroz, given how highly SAF thought of him (wrote a hell a lot about him in his latest book) it was odd he didn't try to get someone a bit more high profile.

Still Phelan spent a good few years with SAF after that its not beyond belief he would have picked up something that would help Moyes in this current predicament. Also I think Rene wanted to say with the first team and Moyes wanted him to manage the reserves* (*could be incorrect)

humdinger

I do feel sorry for Moyes, bit of a shame this has all gone so horribly wrong for him. Must be a pretty lonely time for him.

Having said that, I didn't have very high expectations for this season and he still is underperforming so I wouldn't be too upset if he was sacked tomorrow.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
No he didn't - he left because Moyes wanted him to be reserve team coach and he didn't want to be involved with the reserves.
Show where Moyes said that, I didn't read that at the time. Rene left because he thought it'd clash with Moyes' more hands on approach.

Rory 7

I WANT TO KNOW WHY MOYES ISNT COMING OUT AND GIVING US FANS ANSWERS, EVEN AN APOLOGY WOULD BE APPROPRIATE AT THIS POINT. MY RAGE FOR HIM IS UNHEALTHY

Why should he apologise? Are we 'entitled to win' is that whats wrong? Welcome to the real world, post Ferguson.

God be with the days when supporters actually supported clubs.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Don't be like that hectic.

No but seriously, it's a tough job to follow saf, but given the squad he's left it's not an impossibly job IMO. Moyes has done a very very poor job of it I reckon. I don't think mourinho is the guy foe united but do you really think this would be the state of affairs under him? Management is often also about how you inspire. There's no way someone who instills belief and organisation like him would let us be in the current predicament.
My mistake, I meant impossible for Moyes at this moment, not the job for any manager. I think he's entered a decline that he won't be able to reverse until he's sacked. I really hope I'm wrong and panicking, but I can't see him being able to turn this around.

Status
Not open for further replies.