Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leg-End

I was worried in the first half as soon as the camera panned to him on the bench looking like he was curling out a painful one.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Great, just the type of ambition we need at one of the world's most successful clubs.
It's just that they were comparing him with the Southampton manager, they are similar. The only thing I would agree with is that Southampton play a good style of football.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I don't think your squad is great at all though he is certainly underachieving with them.

For me it just highlights the genius of Sir Alex and how he overachieved with such a squad last season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
well i don't know but i think i can find 100s of threads on this forum about how poor we have been playing as a team for the last number of years.

yes we won the league. oh do you know what, i give up. we're all fed up with this. there's no point in arguing amongst ourselves...
No worries mate, we can argue another day :)

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
My mistake, I meant impossible for Moyes at this moment, not the job for any manager. I think he's entered a decline that he won't be able to reverse until he's sacked. I really hope I'm wrong and panicking, but I can't see him being able to turn this around.

If he does fix this team it will be fantastic achivment on his side. Fingers crossed.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The decline started once the Glazers took over! There was very little investment in the team during those years. Sir Alex was fortunate enough to have the players he had at his disposal during this time. We have too many players who have aged, and young players not fulfilled their potential.

We just don't know if Moyes is average or out of his depth until he is given time to prove himself.

McGeady10

We are not Scousers. We are not going to call for our managers head.

As SAF said, "your job now is to stand by our new manager!"

The players are not pulling their weight. Time for them to go and get new ones in if they don't want to play for Moyes.

Plugsy

I don't understand the tactical protectionism. You expect to see teams manager by Sam Allardyce, who are a bit shit, have one tactic they try over and over again to compensate for being shit. We might not be the best United side ever but it's a title winning side. So I don't see why we fall into the same trap. The over reliance on crosses to the exclusion of almost literally everything else is something you'd expect from a team shit at everything else, except crosses. But we're not. Or shouldn't be.

Januzaj comes on and he's told to hug the right hand touchline so closely it fecking bordered on molestation.

DomesticTadpole

Why should he apologise? Are we 'entitled to win' is that whats wrong? Welcome to the real world, post Ferguson.

God be with the days when supporters actually supported clubs.
It might be we have come to the end of the cycle. It might have been SAF in the same position, who knows. We might go back to being a cup team. Just not this year.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
David Moyes is currently underachieving with a squad that is probably 4-5th best in the premier league, however it's halfway through the season. The FA Cup we haven't won for 10 years. We are in the semi final of the Lague Cup, and are in the second phase of the Champions League.

The criticism for bringing in his own staff is absurd, it's what most managers do at this level.

Let's have some perspective and judge Moyes at the end of next season at the earliest.

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
It's just that they were comparing him with the Southampton manager, they are similar. The only thing I would agree with is that Southampton play a good style of football.
Maybe Southampton have the players for that style of football. Our wing play isn't working, we definitely need a plan b.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hodgson took over a mediocre Liverpool team and took them even lower with a load of terrible home defeats and made one appalling signing in Konchesky.

Out chap took over a league winning side. Say whatever you like about how magical Fergie's influence was, but to take a comfy league winner, down to 7th, that takes some doing.

Today convinved me that he seems to have the worst luck of any manager ever though. Already having the 2 key players out up front, Ferdy gets injured, and Fabio gets sent off so soon. It just beggars belief.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I see nothing to suggest he is changing how we play, what his style of football is and how he ultimately wants us to play. We're constantly devoid of ideas. Rodgers, Mourinho, Pellegrini, Poyet, Martinez have all come into clubs and had a quicker impact on the style of play their team plays, and been much quicker to act in bringing in new players to add to the squad. Moyes doesn't seem to have a style of play that we're working towards, he never seems to have a plan B and he's always making excuses, the referee, the fixtures being fixed, injuries, transfer windows being difficult. He's just treading water and hoping things will change on their own. I really think he is out of his depth and needs to learn fast.

This is one of the main parts for me. If we could see a style of football coming through we could give him a bit more leeway. But this football is shocking, it's clueless and aimless football.

Plugsy

The decline started once the Glazers took over!

Yeah because 2006-2013 was a really shit period for us. We only won the Champions league (plus got to two more finals) five Premier League trophies and picked up 3 league cups a world club cup and five community shields.

..other than that....shithouse

Slevs

likes to play with penises

The players are not pulling their weight. Time for them to go and get new ones in if they don't want to play for Moyes.

Even when it's obvious we're not getting into the top 4 and are on the way to midtable obscurity?

DomesticTadpole

David Moyes is currently underachieving with a squad that is probably 4-5th best in the premier league, however it's halfway through the season. The FA Cup we haven't won for 10 years. We are in the semi final of the Lague Cup, and are in the second phase of the Champions League.

The criticism for bringing in his own staff is absurd, it's what most managers do at this level.

Let's have some perspective and judge Moyes at the end of next season at the earliest.
Exactly, it isn't like we have been a prolific cup side recently. I presume people were just hoping they would put the effort in the cup as the league has gone.

OneUnited24

The squad Moyes inherited is not as good as some people like to think. We weren't the best team in the PL last season. We just had the best results.
This seems to be the line everyone's taking at the moment but I actually believe its not as bad as some think. What doesn't help it is if you play in a system that highlights these flaws.

The squads not perfect but some here make it seem like we were so lucky to win games last season

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Thank You for this.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'll back United as I always have Sultan, but managers come & go, as they did through the 70s & 80s, managers like Busby & SAF were the exception, but Moyes, or any manager who comes in, has to prove himself. He's not bigger than the club & has no divine right to respect, he has to earn it. The players he has at his disposal are proven winners over many seasons, something isn't right. I don't think they trust or respect him yet and he's not showing so far that he deserves that trust or respect.
Surely the winners are, or were on the decline. Sir Alex hardly left the team in it's prime, and it's hardly his fault the club has been decimated by injuries to our best players. A lot of us thought last season was not vintage Premiership.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think we're gonna have to accept that Moyes needs to tell half these players to get fecked and to build his own squad.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I get this whole give him time thing but what is he doing to suggest he can turn it around?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:) I don't think i have the energy to argue. its draining watching us now!
Oh I agree. I actually don't miss watching us lead the league table. I miss enjoying my team playing football.

Sometimes it's best to just log off redcafe after we lose. Otherwise you just get sucked into hours and hours of debate that just further ruins the mood.

Shark

@NotShark
If he does fix this team it will be fantastic achivment on his side. Fingers crossed.

He attempted to fix the team in the summer, when we were newly champions of England and he ended up signing Fellaini. I do worry how difficult it'll be to fix the team on the back of the horror show that this season is becoming.

Red Stone

Hodgson took over a mediocre Liverpool team and took them even lower with a load of terrible home defeats and made one appalling signing in Konchesky.

Out chap took over a league winning side. Say whatever you like about how magical Fergie's influence was, but to take a comfy league winner, down to 7th, that takes some doing.

Today convinved me that he seems to have the worst luck of any manager ever though. Already having the 2 key players out up front, Ferdy gets injured, and Fabio gets sent off so soon. It just beggars belief.

Hodgson also had noe clue how to handle the press at Liverpool. He kept speaking as if they were relegation fodder, and as much as we'd all like that, they weren't. Moyes is doing the same now.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm starting to realise how insufferable this place will be if we don't qualify for the CL.

Bojan11

I think we're gonna have to accept that Moyes needs to tell half these players to get fecked and to build his own squad.
And that is the problem. Do we trust Moyes with the money to do that? I am not convinced.

Cina

I fear for Moyes now, he got a hostile reaction at the end there, and when the fans turn, you're in trouble.

I do not think a lot of these problems are his fault, it's tough for him, he needs a transfer window and a big budget.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The only tiny positive, is that we're in the tightest packed month of the season games wise.

Therefore, we only have to stew on this one until Tuesday.
Although it could all happen again then...

Status
Not open for further replies.