Moyes to appoint Neville, Round and others

togg

And it's ok to label such opinions as speculative, and ultimately rubbish, pending solid information.

I exercise that right.
speculative yes...rubbish no...that is just arrogant and disregarding a train of thought..which is what debate is about. If everything in the world had definitive proof of everything..dear me what a drab place it would be

binary bot
Round
As a player, Round was a full-back with Derby County, before being forced to retire early through injury after only nine league appearances. He joined the club's coaching staff, and it was here that he first worked with future England manager Steve McClaren. When McClaren was appointed Middlesbrough manager in 2001, he appointed Round to his coaching staff. McClaren was named as England head coach in 2006, and one of his first moves was to appoint Steve Round to his backroom staff. Round continued with Middlesbrough in a dual role until 15 December 2006, when he left the club by mutual consent following a "difference in philosophy and ideas" with new manager Gareth Southgate.[1] He became first team coach at Newcastle on 1 July 2007, becoming the first coaching appointment of manager Sam Allardyce.

On 4 July 2008, Round became the new assistant manager to David Moyes at Everton, replacing Alan Irvine who left In November of the 2007–08 season to be Manager of Preston North End.

It was reported on 27 May 2013 that, following David Moyes' appointment as the successor to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, Round would continue in his role as assistant manager to Moyes at United, thus replacing Mike Phelan. [2] On 1 July, Round was officially announced in this new role.

Neville
Neville holds a UEFA B License.[13] On 23 February 2012 it was reported that Neville would help England's Under-21s coaching staff in the absence of Stuart Pearce in the European Championship qualifier against Belgium. The Everton captain received a special dispensation to help Brian Eastwick prepare the side for the game in Middlesbrough as Pearce would be in charge of the senior team in the friendly against the Netherlands at Wembley.[14][15] England defeated Belgium, 4–0. Continuing his work with the England U-21 side, in March 2013 it was announced that Neville will join the coaching staff of the England under-21s for the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship.[16]

Neville has suggested that he would like to enter into management when his playing career comes to an end, he had previously sought advice from José Mourinho.[17]

In February 2013, it was reported that Neville was being considered for the England U20 managerial position for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.[18]

In May 2013, Neville was interviewed by Bill Kenwright for the vacant manager's role at Everton, but the job went to Roberto Martínez.[19]

On 4 July 2013, Neville became first team coach of Manchester United, where he would be reunited with Manager David Moyes. It was announced on the same day Moyes named Ryan Giggs as player/coach

Lumsden
Lumsden began his coaching career as Eddie Gray's assistant at Leeds, but was fired along with Gray in September 1985. After leaving Leeds he went to work in a Boarding School in Wetherby where he stayed for the next few years. He subsequently enjoyed management roles at both Bristol City and Rochdale before going back to the dressing room as First Team Coach at Preston, then in the Second Division, under the stewardship of David Moyes.

Preston North End
When Gary Peters quit the club in February 1998, Moyes (a 34 year old defender) replaced him. With the help of Moyes, Kelham O'Hanlon and Lumsden, Preston quickly became promotion contenders, reaching the 1998-99 playoffs (losing to Gillingham in the semi-finals before finally being promoted as champions a year later) They almost made it two promotions a row in 2001, but lost 3-0 to Bolton in the Division One final.

Everton
Following this Moyes took his trusted Coach over to Goodison Park when he succeeded Walter Smith as Everton boss.

Jimmy joined Everton FC in the summer of 2002 as Head Coach, assisting David Moyes and Alan Irvine.

On 1 July 2013, Everton FC confirmed that Jimmy Lumsden, along with Steve Round and Chris Woods had been released from their coaching contracts and would join David Moyes atManchester United.
Not very inspiring...I must admit.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Funniest moment of Saturday's match was when Moyes, Neville, Round and Giggs were huddled together chatting and the commentator said "the three wise men...and Steve Round, of course."

Varun

Staff
This thread is such nonsense.

Almost every manager beings along his assistant. Moyes did nothing strange there.

He replaced Steele with Woods who has done well.

He asked Rene to stay albeit in a different role as he likes to handle training himself. Rene decided to leave. Fair enough but you cant blame Moyes for that.

Seriously, there's enough ammo to attack Moyes with, this really isnt one of them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Almost every manager beings along his assistant. Moyes did nothing strange there.

He asked Rene to stay albeit in a different role as he likes to handle training himself. Rene decided to leave. Fair enough but you cant blame Moyes for that.

Seriously, there's enough ammo to attack Moyes with, this really isnt one of them.
Guardiola kept the backroom staff at Bayern, Jose kept Steve Clarke when he came in, Wenger kept Pat Rice.

lem8sh

Yes you fecking can, it has been nothing short of a disaster.

Varun

Staff
Guardiola kept the backroom staff at Bayern, Jose kept Steve Clarke when he came in, Wenger kept Pat Rice.
No, Guardiola brought his assistant from Barca with him. Rui Faria follows Jose wherever he goes too. Porto to Chelsea to Inter to Real and now back to Chelsea.

Most managers bring their assistants along.

Also, it really is amusing that he's being criticized for firing Phelan of all people. The same guy who's worth was questioned often here even though most of it was light hearted jokes.

Varun

Staff
Yes you fcuking can, it has been nothing short of a disaster.
Eh?

You blame Moyes for Rene deciding to manage Anzi rather than stay around in a different role? What was he supposed to do? Let Rene conduct training even though he himself wanted to simply because Rene wanted so?

lem8sh

Eh?

You blame Moyes for Rene deciding to manage Anzi rather than stay around in a different role? What was he supposed to do? Let Rene conduct training even though he himself wanted to simply because Rene wanted so?
The decision to bring in his own staff and to move Rene to a different role was Moyes decision. And it's been a disaster. Not only is he out of depth and in over his head but so are all the staff he brought with him. This isn't a proven top level manager ala Mou/Pep that arrived it was an unproven top level manager and his decision to axe the staff that have been at that top level for years and replace them with his Everton staff has been a disaster plain and simple.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Eh?

Rene isn't exactly proving himself as a great manager. He has an ego the size of Mount Everest.

Varun

Staff
The decision to bring in his own staff and to move Rene to a different role was Moyes decision. And it's been a disaster. Not only is he out of depth and in over his head but so are all the staff he brought with him. This isn't a proven top level manager ala Mou/Pep that arrived it was an unproven top level manager and his decision to axe the staff that have been at that top level for years and replace them with his Everton staff has been a disaster plain and simple.
So our new manager shouldnt conduct training sessions as he always had because Rene Mulensteen wanted to conduct them? :lol: This is hilarious. People will next blame him for the color of this tie. Isnt the fact that we've been poor and not getting results enough to beat him with? When you appoint a manager, you give him the freedom to bring his own assistant or train the team he wants to. You cannot restrict him by saying, "Look here, we know you conduct training sessions but that wont work here as Mulensteen conducts those here". Rene didnt like his new role and thus fecked off. Considering all the nonsense he's spouted after that, I must say I dont mind him leaving either. If he believes his hype that much when he was under SAF, imagine him working under Moyes.

And he replaced Phelan ffs, not sacked Guardiola as our Asst Manager. The GK coach he has brought in has done well.

Varun

Staff
Rene isn't exactly proving himself as a great manager. He has an ego the size of Mount Everest.
Exactly. After all that he has said since leaving regarding his role when SAF was here, its incredible how people think us telling Moyes that he couldnt take training sessions as Rene wanted to do them was going to be a good idea.

Its like people will now criticize him for anything and everything just because they've lost faith in him.

Mersault

No, Guardiola brought his assistant from Barca with him. Rui Faria follows Jose wherever he goes too. Porto to Chelsea to Inter to Real and now back to Chelsea.

Most managers bring their assistants along.

Also, it really is amusing that he's being criticized for firing Phelan of all people. The same guy who's worth was questioned often here even though most of it was light hearted jokes.
Jose did keep Clarke though. Wenger kept Rice. I get your point about Phelan though. But seriously, a coaching staff that's won zero in their collective respective coaching careers...

Varun

Staff
Jose did keep Clarke though. Wenger kept Rice. I get your point about Phelan though. But seriously, a coaching staff that's won zero in their collective respective coaching careers...
Again, Rene was asked to stay but obviously, with Moyes handling the training sessions, his role was going to change. Being offered the manager job elsewhere, he decided to leave. What's Moyes supposed to do then?

Mersault

@Varun_Utd
True. Maybe that's a problem. Maybe he needs a more competent man to handle the sessions. I was arguing for Rene or anyone else in particular. Just against appointing a coaching staff that combined have won nothing and have no experience in Europe, some no experience at all...

lem8sh

So our new manager shouldnt conduct training sessions as he always had because Rene Mulensteen wanted to conduct them? :lol: This is hilarious. People will next blame him for the color of this tie. Isnt the fact that we've been poor and not getting results enough to beat him with? When you appoint a manager, you give him the freedom to bring his own assistant or train the team he wants to. You cannot restrict him by saying, "Look here, we know you conduct training sessions but that wont work here as Mulensteen conducts those here". Rene didnt like his new role and thus fcuked off. Considering all the nonsense he's spouted after that, I must say I dont mind him leaving either. If he believes his hype that much when he was under SAF, imagine him working under Moyes.

And he replaced Phelan ffs, not sacked Guardiola as our Asst Manager. The GK coach he has brought in has done well.
Getting rid of all the proven staff and bringing in his own from fecking Everton was a risk a huge risk actually and it has backfired terribly anyone can see that I hope. There is a correlation between us being "poor" as you put it and the downgrade of staff surely?

Varun

Staff
@Varun_Utd
True. Maybe that's a problem. Maybe he needs a more competent man to handle the sessions. I was arguing for Rene or anyone else in particular. Just against appointing a coaching staff that combined have won nothing and have no experience in Europe, some no experience at all...
To be very honest, I think its a lot to do with our ideas in the first place. If our manager decides that good play is getting to the byline and getting crosses in, that's what the trainers will focus on, be it Steve Round or Guardiola. Their job is to carry out the manager's ideas and see to it that the players are prepped to execute them. Its the very idea of how Moyes wants us to play that's fecking ridiculous imo. He's just trying to continue what SAF was doing while totally ignoring he isnt even on the same ballpark as the great man as a manager. He simply had to change how we play and get it to a more cohesive and new style from the earlier approach. He's just continued the same old thing while being nowhere close to as effective at it. I dont think better trainers would change anything if the instructions from the manager remain what they are.

Varun

Staff
Getting rid of all the proven staff and bringing in his own from fecking Everton was a risk a huge risk actually and it has backfired terribly anyone can see that I hope. There is a correlation between us being "poor" as you put it and the downgrade of staff surely?
Read this:

To be very honest, I think its a lot to do with our ideas in the first place. If our manager decides that good play is getting to the byline and getting crosses in, that's what the trainers will focus on, be it Steve Round or Guardiola. Their job is to carry out the manager's ideas and see to it that the players are prepped to execute them. Its the very idea of how Moyes wants us to play that's fcuking ridiculous imo. He's just trying to continue what SAF was doing while totally ignoring he isnt even on the same ballpark as the great man as a manager. He simply had to change how we play and get it to a more cohesive and new style from the earlier approach. He's just continued the same old thing while being nowhere close to as effective at it. I dont think better trainers would change anything if the instructions from the manager remain what they are.

Amir

Yeah, it's something I wrote yesterday. I don't believe having one or two of Fergie's old coaches would have meant Moyes suddenly wants to play a different style of football. Nor do I believe these coaches would have taken his style and somehow made it work better.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
To be very honest, I think its a lot to do with our ideas in the first place. If our manager decides that good play is getting to the byline and getting crosses in, that's what the trainers will focus on, be it Steve Round or Guardiola. Their job is to carry out the manager's ideas and see to it that the players are prepped to execute them. Its the very idea of how Moyes wants us to play that's fcuking ridiculous imo. He's just trying to continue what SAF was doing while totally ignoring he isnt even on the same ballpark as the great man as a manager. He simply had to change how we play and get it to a more cohesive and new style from the earlier approach. He's just continued the same old thing while being nowhere close to as effective at it. I dont think better trainers would change anything if the instructions from the manager remain what they are.
No but better trainers may point out to our tactically inept manager that getting to the byline isn't fecking working. I highly doubt someone like Neville who as he himself has claimed in interviews that "he is learning on the job" will risk undermining Moyes and arguing with him over the retarded tactics employed.

Honestly, as much as I like Phil, the fact that he is here to learn the job is a fecking joke.

Amir

I don't think the dynamics would have worked anyway if you have "Fergie's men" trying to "teach" Moyes.

Varun

Staff
No but better trainers may point out to our tactically inept manager that getting to the byline isn't fcuking working. I highly doubt someone like Neville who as he himself has claimed in interviews that "he is learning on the job" will risk undermining Moyes and arguing with him over the retarded tactics employed.

Honestly, as much as I like Phil, the fact that he is here to learn the job is a fcuking joke.
He said that? :lol: That's hilarious.

And no, I dont think it'd be a good idea to have someone like Rene working for Moyes when he clearly believes his own hype.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Just an aside I'm pretty amused and slightly worried at Phil Neville's obsession with flappybird (look at his instagram).