MU TOUR 2023: USA Confirmed

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So is Kovar likely to be part of that squad, then?

I'd have probably expected Forson, and maybe Gore, to be used for that squad rather than the main one. But great for them that they've been included along with the other (closer to the first team) youngsters.
Nah, he would surely be in the first team squad and Vitek or Bishop would play Wrexham. That’s how I see it.

RuudTom83

This two team malarkey is confusing...so EtH and the coaches are not going to be with the second team for the game against Wrexham?

Its just going to be a Wrexham vs United B Team?

Bertie Wooster

Nah, he would surely be in the first team squad and Vitek or Bishop would play Wrexham. That’s how I see it.
That's how I saw it as well, so figured he must be closer to a move than the likes of Henderson, Heaton, Elanga, etc, who are included.

But talk of another entirely different squad v Wrexham opened up the possibility that he was maybe in that along with the likes of Evans, Hugill, Emeran who all featured in one or both of the friendlies.

If we rule out those six keepers (also including Omana), are we down to Harrison and Wooster as the keepers, or is Dermot Mee still at the club? Would be happy to see Harrison get the nod - he's a good (albeit nerve wracking) young keeper to watch.

AlexUTD

So is Kovar likely to be part of that squad, then?

I'd have probably expected Forson, and maybe Gore, to be used for that squad rather than the main one - similar to how the likes of Hugill and Emeran have missed out. But great for them that they've been included along with the other (closer to the first team) youngsters.
He did not get a plane ticket to the US, probably going back on loan to Sparta Praha?

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Looks like it was a nice, easy, relaxing flight and there's not a problem with humidity in New Jersey whatsoever. Heaton's become a 50-year old gk coach in one flight.

USREDEVIL

Genuinely cannot decide whether to go to the San Diego game.
Pluses - San DIego, United, feck it
Minuses - Hot, pricey, typical pre-season "match" with heavy emphasis on " "

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Most US airports are shite. Glorified bus stations.
Bc we dont treat them as shopping malls that are very confusing to move around in. Most euro airports Ive been through at least are a mess with constant construction, dirty bathrooms and lack of space for all the people. To a lot of us flying is like grabbing a bus. Get in, get out.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
One of the worst airports I've ever been in, only LAX and LGA come close!
I was in LAX in May, its fecking insane there. Arrived a little early to beat traffic so spent the time people watching while having a beer. Utterly surreal to watch the chaos pass you by

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Looks like Onana got lucky & is headed to JFK.
That's not a whole lot better, JFK is the worst for flying to Europe, it takes on average an hour to get to take off position in the evening!

JB7

When are you gonna get to see United live though? You should go.
Just had a look at tickets as I was intrigued, cheapest available seats are $99 to watch our youth team play against a League 2 team. Are Ticketmaster taking the piss? :lol:

JB7

Most US airports are shite. Glorified bus stations.
Don't really get what else you'd want from an airport. Get in, get out. As long as you've got somewhere to get a snack and a drink, what more do you need? Smaller the airport, the better for me.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Don't really get what else you'd want from an airport. Get in, get out. As long as you've got somewhere to get a snack and a drink, what more do you need? Smaller the airport, the better for me.
US airports are like 1970s football stadiums. Just there for one function. Its an antiquated model.

There has to be a new business model to keep up with the times.

Get in, get out facility. Its like most downtown of major cities.

But its a vicious cycle really. If the airport isn't profitable or made more commercial then the experience & services are poor -- lack of staff/long queues, old facilities, dirty etc. So you get in, get out

If the authorities make it more of a better experience for both the visitors and the passengers, they may stay longer and spend more money at the restaurants, shops etc which will allow the airport authorities to keep the place well run -- like upgrades at the gates with better design flow etc. All to maximise the space used beyond shipping passengers in & out of the facility.

Its like any place that goes beyond its basic function -- modern football stadiums all have other facilities to maximise both the fan experience and the floor space. Airports ought to be the same. Or no different to a mobile phone when it goes beyond just the talking/chat/communication function.

The longer you can keep the passenger/football fan in the facility then the more money you can extract from the customer. Then there is money to ensure that experience is optimal.

Finally, airports are generally the 1st impression you have of the city. Crap airport, the chances are that you have a poor impression of how the city is run. Bad for investors.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Genuinely cannot decide whether to go to the San Diego game.
Pluses - San DIego, United, feck it
Minuses - Hot, pricey, typical pre-season "match" with heavy emphasis on " "
San Diego is the Wrexham game, right? If you weren't already aware, it'll just be a youth squad (plus Jonny Evans for some reason) at that game. The first team will be in Texas to play Real Madrid the next day.

I'd be leaning toward saving your money.

lex talionis

Other than being massive, there’s nothing wrong with LAX. San Diego is a different matter. It’s easy enough to get in an and out of, but you have fly between high rise building in downtown as you approach the landing strip. White knuckles time for passengers as the captain lands the plane.

I’m skipping the Wrexham match. Not worth the cost and hassle for a youth team match. Better to spend just a little more and go to OT for the real thing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Other than being massive, there’s nothing wrong with LAX. San Diego is a different matter. It’s easy enough to get in an and out of, but you have fly between high rise building in downtown as you approach the landing strip. White knuckles time for passengers as the captain lands the plane.

I’m skipping the Wrexham match. Not worth the cost and hassle for a youth team match. Better to spend just a little more and go to OT for the real thing.
Never flown out of SD but the old Hong Kong airport has got to be the worst:

From the outside:
https://youtube.com/shorts/mfHsnu_5lPI?feature=share

View from inside the cockpit:

Night Landing:

View from the checkerboard: