MU TOUR 2023: USA Confirmed

edcunited1878

They are not Championship level, and there ‘best goalkeeper in the league’ hasn’t played football in 6 months having retired in September. That should speak to the quality of the league they play in! (And I’m not even shitting on NL football, my family support Hednesford Town in the southern league central division!)
You're looking into this a little much. It's a pre-season match with a lot of young United players, who aren't going to be involved with internationals or need a look in like Iqbal, Savage, Shoretire, Mainoo, etc. Maybe even Amad, Hannibal.

They are on the path to Football League competition again. Signing Ben Foster for the rest of the season is a big deal for them. He has turned down a number of offers as a Free Agent, including Newcastle and Tottenham. Non-league football isn't the best, but where Wrexham are at and all things considered, it is fun for them to be part of the pre-season tour of United.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You're looking into this a little much. It's a pre-season match with a lot of young United players, who aren't going to be involved with internationals or need a look in like Iqbal, Savage, Shoretire, Mainoo, etc. Maybe even Amad, Hannibal.

They are on the path to Football League competition again. Signing Ben Foster for the rest of the season is a big deal for them. He has turned down a number of offers as a Free Agent, including Newcastle and Tottenham. Non-league football isn't the best, but where Wrexham are at and all things considered, it is fun for them to be part of the pre-season tour of United.
There is one reason and one reason only why we would play Wrexham in the US. This is our preseason tour to get up to speed for a title challenge next season allegedly and a non league/league 2 team isn’t going to provide the kind of challenge we need. Playing the kids is also going to be a waste of time if they aren’t to feature during the season. I don’t get it.

edcunited1878

There is one reason and one reason only why we would play Wrexham in the US. This is our preseason tour to get up to speed for a title challenge next season allegedly and a non league/league 2 team isn’t going to provide the kind of challenge we need. Playing the kids is also going to be a waste of time if they aren’t to feature during the season. I don’t get it.
A preseason match again Wrexham isn't going to have any impact on United challenging for the league next year, my goodness. The players will be as prepared as possible under EtH, whoever the touring group will be and whoever will be in the squad for the months of August and September.

It's all about pre-season fitness in warm weather, away from major distractions and using it as a platform for the 2nd season under EtH.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We mostly played against garbage teams every pre season tour and would have like 1 or 2 games against serious level opponents under Sir Alex too. It doesn't matter. It's purely training and fitness. It's always been about marketing and giving fans and some teams a chance to watch United or play against United.

MyBloodIsRed

So how long do we have to wait for the rest of the cities? Another week? I’m guessing they’ll give this stop so extra days spotlight

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I thought they did state that it was the opening match of the tour, but I could be mistaken?
Could be that I missed that. Says on the release that "Manchester United have announced the first of our USA summer Tour 2023 fixtures." So to me that means it's the first one that's announced, not the first one to be played. Otherwise you're right, it'd get a bit tight with 3-4 matches and recovering from the jet lag before the season starts. I'd expect us to have at least two matches in US before the Wrexham match, especially since there's no major mens' international tournaments this summer.

Robbo*

Could be that I missed that. Says on the release that "Manchester United have announced the first of our USA summer Tour 2023 fixtures." So to me that means it's the first one that's announced, not the first one to be played. Otherwise you're right, it'd get a bit tight with 3-4 matches and recovering from the jet lag before the season starts. I'd expect us to have at least two matches in US before the Wrexham match, especially since there's no major mens' international tournaments this summer.
agreed - it will be third or fourth game.

JB7

I'm not going obviously but just had a look out of curiosity, are they really charging $135 to watch our youth team against Wrexham ffs :lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Hopefully they announce some games in Chicago. Any forums members living in or around Chicago that want to go to the game, should it be announced, should PM me as I have a hook up and Can probably (though not definitely) get VIP tickets. Maybe even meet the team. First come, first served as I can probably only get 4-5 tickets max and I’ll want 2-3 for myself.

JB7

Pretty standard for the preseason friendlies unfortunately. Still worth it IMHO.
Absolute madness. That's not far off how much a European away usually costs me inc flights, accommodation & ticket. :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Hopefully they announce some games in Chicago. Any forums members living in or around Chicago that want to go to the game, should it be announced, should PM me as I have a hook up and Can probably (though not definitely) get VIP tickets. Maybe even meet the team. First come, first served as I can probably only get 4-5 tickets max and I’ll want 2-3 for myself.
Can you fly me over?

RVN1991

Will definitely be there in San Diego. Maybe a quick trip to Tijuana right after.

Monks_United

If they announce Chicago and aren't going to come to Atlanta, then count me in. Id happily fly down !

MyBloodIsRed

I'm close enough to Chicago that I'd be driving over if they come to Chicago. I went to Chicago when we played Bayern (2002 maybe?) Euros meant lots of missing players and it was a bore fest 0-0 and went to pens. haha

I'll let you know as I have my 10 year son that is MASSIVE United fan (Dad is raising him right!) and really hoping we can see training, match and get somewhat close to players he idolizes.

MarylandMUFan

Absolute madness. That's not far off how much a European away usually costs me inc flights, accommodation & ticket. :lol:
On the face of it, you are correct. But from our perspective, it's Manchester United, playing a game near where I live (though not in this case). Each time I have seen them play a pre-season friendly, I have had a great time with no travel hassles and got to watch some of the young players as they compete for a spot on the team. It's funny, I would not pay that to see my local NFL team play a regular season game but once every 3 years or so, I am willing to do it for a United friendly near me.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I might go to Vegas for the crack but fuxkt if I'm paying them prices for a ticket

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Pretty standard for the preseason friendlies unfortunately. Still worth it IMHO.
It shouldn't be standard and its not worth it. These games should be $40 at an absolute maximum.

I'm often critical of these tours as it appears to often tire the players out before the season starts. I do get the reason for doing it and giving worldwide fans an opportunity to see the team. It should at least be affordable to most of those fans though.

MyBloodIsRed

Is it just me or do we do everything as low as possible? This summer tour announcement has felt like a long drawn out summer transfer.
At this rate, it’ll be June by the time we know all of the locations and dates

MyBloodIsRed

So far….

7/22 - NYC
7/25 - San Diego
7/30 - Vegas

I would hope for something like Chicago to be announced next!

Gandalf

Gulf coast as usual gets shafted.

My sons High School built a new stadium for the soccer team this year so we could host a United game here in Saraland, is that too much to ask? I will even treat the team to a proper Crawfish boil after the game and let the older lads have some moonshine. Not too fussed on the opponent, Juve or PSG would be fine.

ATXRedDevil

Gulf coast as usual gets shafted.

My sons High School built a new stadium for the soccer team this year so we could host a United game here in Saraland, is that too much to ask? I will even treat the team to a proper Crawfish boil after the game and let the older lads have some moonshine. Not too fussed on the opponent, Juve or PSG would be fine.
Be patient. Announcement coming.

Jersey Heel

Anyone ever get a presale code for the game against Arsenal at Met Life? I keep checking my inbox and have nothing yet.