Muffled cries of “I told you so” from behind a green and gold scarf / blame it on the glazers part V

CA1

I think they do. Hopefully they've learnt a life lesson. There will be some on here I'd imagine. They'll probably still be defending them and Woodward. Turkey's voting for Christmas.

The demise of the club was inevitable. Fergie held it together for a while but it was only going to get worse and will continue to get worse under their stewardship.

A lot of people just put their heads in the sand and did nothing because we were doing OK on the pitch from 07-11.

The same people are just trying to console themselves that a new manager/coach will make a difference. Two managers with world class records have tried and failed. They were on a hiding to nothing. I feel for the next manager, the United job is the new England job. All of the expectation with none of the tools.

It's your job now to drive these clowns out of the club. The Glazers/Woodward/Richard Arnold. Don't want any "but why would they sell?"

You have to think of a way. Most who did in 2005 onwards don't have the energy for it anymore and were resigned to this years ago.

Reddy Rederson

So your answer to the problem is to attack other fans? Sounds like a stellar plan. There’s nothing people love more than “I told you so” to make them come around.

Best of luck with that strategy, I’m sure it’s a winner.

MrPooni

I think they do. Hopefully they've learnt a life lesson. There will be some on here I'd imagine. They'll probably still be defending them and Woodward. Turkey's voting for Christmas.

The demise of the club was inevitable. Fergie held it together for a while but it was only going to get worse and will continue to get worse under their stewardship.

A lot of people just put their heads in the sand and did nothing because we were doing OK on the pitch from 07-11.

The same people are just trying to console themselves that a new manager/coach will make a difference. Two managers with world class records have tried and failed. They were on a hiding to nothing. I feel for the next manager, the United job is the new England job. All of the expectation with none of the tools.

It's your job now to drive these clowns out of the club. The Glazers/Woodward/Richard Arnold. Don't want any "but why would they sell?"

You have to think of a way. Most who did in 2005 onwards don't have the energy for it anymore and were resigned to this years ago.
I don't think anyone has done anything to deserve another dumb Glazer thread like this and yet here we are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In five years Man It's have spent close to £1bn.
I don't like the Glazers but there are worse owners and their clubs still do well.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Mourinho should be gone soon so eventually I think we'll be ok :)

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
“The demise of the club.”

:lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I don't think anyone has done anything to deserve another dumb, finger pointing Glazer thread like this and yet here were here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Look, he was hoping Shaw had a bad game at the Bridge "to teach the fans a lesson".

Kapardin

Arsenal have an even worse owner in Kroenke and arguably a worse squad (at best, equal to ours if you want to be generous), and they are flying.

The Glazers are at fault for not spending enough to turn us into Europe's elite (like how City keep buying players). But they have spent enough to challenge and even win the league. That we haven't, is down to poor recruitment and poor tactics, for which the manager takes the blame.

In short, first sack Mourinho, then we worry about the Glazers.

Patrick220571

We are outspending every one else except the oil clubs.

We also have one of the most expensive wage bills.

It's not the owners and the amount of money being spent, it's how it has been/is being spent. Van Gaal and Mourinho have bought badly.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
OP has a 100 % record of having his threads closed. Got a feeling that trend will continue.

Josep Dowling

I wish people would stop trying to blame one cause as the only reason we are struggling.

There are so many factors and that’s precisely the problem.

Mourinho has been given a lot of money, maybe not enough to challenge for the league (compared to City only) or Champions League. But we should reach top 4 with relative ease and there shouldn’t be so many glaring gaps in our first 11. That’s down to his poor transfer targets and signings.

redIndianDevil

While I don't like that Glazers took over and forced a load of debt on us, they haven't exactly been stingy like the Arsenal owners, only mistake on their part is they haven't appointed the right people to help with the transition from SAF. The fact that they let SAF choose Moyes without caution is a serious mistake on their part, and Woodward has been a bit clueless.

InfiniteBoredom

We are currently holding both the #1 and #2 British transfer record.

You can argue all you want about them taking money out of the clubs, the morality of the takeover etc, but to say our current dilemma stems from a lack of spending in the post-Fergie years is just intellectually disingenuous.

Red_toad

A hiding to nothing?

Mourinho has spent a shed load more than Klopp so....
United generate way more than Liverpool , so why wouldn't United spend more?

Liverpool's current structure is something United certainly aren't matching, they buy players to suit a system and replacement managers have a similar footballing style to their predecessors. Their youth teams play a system that reflects the first team. United hasn't been a well run club for a long time. Fergie left an ageing team that had been underfunded for some time. This crap all starts at the top.

Fluctuation0161

We are currently holding both the #1 and #2 British transfer record.

You can argue all you want about them taking money out of the clubs, the morality of the takeover etc, but to say our current dilemma stems from a lack of spending in the post-Fergie years is just intellectually disingenuous.
Actually, to quote single transfer values is disingenuous - we should look at totals. As is not looking at the build up to our current problems, which were 5-10 years of underspending with "no value in the market". While Fergie scraped by with little to no money to spend because he had to stop the club financially crumbling (like Leeds) under the Glazer debt.

Just look at the volume of debt and debt repayments the club had to make after the Glazer takeover. That's why we under invested for years. Playing catchup spending recently when tranfer fees are higher than ever is not enough to make up for that lost ground.

lsd

The Oracle
I don't see any sense of the op we have spent more than most have hired what anyone would have believed were good managers capable if challenging bar Moyes who can't be blamed on Glaziers or Woodward.

Sadly the manager's we hired have let us down

Kapardin

Actually, to quote single transfer values is disingenuous - we should look at totals. As is not looking at the build up to our current problems, which were 5-10 years of underspending with "no value in the market". While Fergie scraped by with little to no money to spend because he had to stop the club financially crumbling (like Leeds) under the Glazer debt.

Just look at the volume of debt and debt repayments the club had to make after the Glazer takeover. That's why we under invested for years. Playing catchup spending recently when tranfer fees are higher than ever is not enough to make up for that lost ground.
We signed 12+ players for LvG and some 9 players for Jose. Enough to have a new squad. That it isn't enough is down to the poor scouting by the managers.

InfiniteBoredom

Fergie publicly fought with major stakeholders in the club over a horse. If you think he would keep silent when being restrained by the Glazers financially then I have a beach side villa to sell you.

At no point were we even close to financially crumble like Leeds. Utd’s finance is not comparable to your household budget.

Criticisms over the way the takeover was done and the money going out of the club since is valid, from a morality standpoint. It’s more than arguable than fans shouldn’t have to pay for their ownership of the clubs, but suggesting that the lack of marquee signings in Fergie’s later years was due to them is nonsensical. We had about £150m sitting in the bank in both financial year 09-10 and 10-11.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So your answer to the problem is to attack other fans? Sounds like a stellar plan. There’s nothing people love more than “I told you so” to make them come around.

Best of luck with that strategy, I’m sure it’s a winner.
Aside from the fact that it's provably garbage too...

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

The club has invested £700 million on player acquisitions, second only City in that regard, since Fergie retired. A large percentage of which failed to live up to expectation.

How can you possibly claim that the owners have under-invested? Utter nonsense.

Slik

We have problems. But out biggest problem in terms of football is the coach. His style is so ugly and hard to watch. Arsenal have a weaker squad with less spending and play far better football. This is not about spending. This is about a coach who refuses to play any form of encouraging football. A coach with shackles on players. All our players play better in different environments like their national teams and they also perform better before joining us. We have had two successive coaches who have been too fixated on their ideas of football which borders on the negative side. Mourinho will never change. We can worry about finances and trophies when we start playing well.

Red_toad

I don't see any sense of the op we have spent more than most have hired what anyone would have believed were good managers capable if challenging bar Moyes who can't be blamed on Glaziers or Woodward.

Sadly the manager's we hired have let us down
So 3 consecutive managers have all thus far failed to mount a genuine challenge for the league or the champions league and the people responsible for hiring them are completely not responsible?

Wonder how many failures we need before you (and others) look at how the club is ran.

Fluctuation0161

We signed 12+ players for LvG and some 9 players for Jose. Enough to have a new squad. That it isn't enough is down to the poor scouting by the managers.
That's also down to poor succession planning by the board. LVG and Jose need totally different types of players.

CA1

We had similar responses from United fans in 2005 telling people to support the team etc.

To answer my question, yes they do deserve it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We had similar responses from United fans in 2005 telling people to support the team etc.

To answer my question, yes they do deserve it.
Aside from investing heavily into the first team squad, what more could they have done to prevent this situation?

Enlighten me.

RedDevil@84

"I told you so"
"Ha ha!! You ignorant guys are suffering now. Look who is laughing now. Ha ha!!'

Greck

So your idea to get the glazers out is to crowdsource an idea. Unless you're willing to chip in a billion pounds to help a takeover bid you're just pointing fingers

Fluctuation0161

Fergie publicly fought with major stakeholders in the club over a horse. If you think he would keep silent when being restrained by the Glazers financially then I have a beach side villa to sell you.

At no point were we even close to financially crumble like Leeds. Utd’s finance is not comparable to your household budget.

Criticisms over the way the takeover was done and the money going out of the club since is valid, from a morality standpoint. It’s more than arguable than fans shouldn’t have to pay for their ownership of the clubs, but suggesting that the lack of marquee signings in Fergie’s later years was due to them is nonsensical. We had about £150m sitting in the bank in both financial year 09-10 and 10-11.
You can have personal opinions on Fergie all you like, but ultimately they are irrelevant and the numbers speak for themselves.

We had £559 million debt after the take over in 2005. This rose to £778 million in June 2010.

Man Utd: 10 years of the Glazers - is Old Trafford club better off? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32615111

I'll just ignore your patronising comment about household budget. Because it goes without saying. However, if you are under the false impression that the Glazer debt is similar to investment that can lead to growth (like an economy) you are sorely mistaken.

Fluctuation0161

The club has invested £700 million on player acquisitions, second only City in that regard, since Fergie retired. A large percentage of which failed to live up to expectation.

How can you possibly claim that the owners have under-invested? Utter nonsense.
How much was spent in the period my post was actually talking about? Did you even read and comprehend my post?

Dolf

Oh man these threads are becoming crazier by the day.
Won’t be long before someone on here suggests we as fans should start a lawsuit.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Newcastle can’t even get Mike Ashley out their club what do you expect us to do.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I propose we start a lawsuit, it's the only way.

Drawfull

The OP is obsessed. The owners have spent shitloads - some of that is failed managers - but they've also subsidised unprecedented spending on players. The mount of money available isn't the problem, and neither is the largely anonymous owner group.

CA1

The OP is obsessed. The owners have spent shitloads - some of that is failed managers - but they've also subsidised unprecedented spending on players. The mount of money available isn't the problem, and neither is the largely anonymous owner group.
Beyond belief. Beyond help.

Actually frightening some of this stuff. United fans actually believing that the Glazers have done anything but taken a lot of money out of the club.