Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He seems to thrive when he's allowed to roam and be creative. Unfortunately, that may not jive with LvG's methods, unless he specifically sees that and gives him license to do so.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Like I said before ; Robben had a great dip in form now look at him. Over 30 and dominating. Nani's skill set and top level is near Robben.

I'm not suggesting Nani will reach Robben's current level but it shows a flair winger can return to form after a poor period.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He seems to thrive when he's allowed to roam and be creative. Unfortunately, that may not jive with LvG's methods, unless he specifically sees that and gives him license to do so.
Yup, is he good enough to be allowed such licence? He's in terrific form at the moment but when it comes to the elite teams only the stars of the team are given that freedom. I hope we can find a place for him somewhere.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Like I said before ; Robben had a great dip in form now look at him. Over 30 and dominating. Nani's skill set and top level is near Robben.

I'm not suggesting Nani will reach Robben's current level but it shows a flair winger can return to form after a poor period.
Yup, Nani is very much a Robben style of player. I would say that Nani still has the potential to be better than Robben (though it would be a tough ask) as he is more versatile and less of a one trick pony.
Rooney playing as a false nine, and then Nani/ADM/Januzaj as the wide players wouldnt be a bad setup at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yup, is he good enough to be allowed such licence? He's in terrific form at the moment but when it comes to the elite teams only the stars of the team are given that freedom. I hope we can find a place for him somewhere.
Yes IMO. His ball retention is very good, has the skill in tight areas and creativity is very good when on form. I always thought he was going to develop into a number 10 eventually, but of course it went wrong. I do think though he was at his best for us when roaming around. If he's stuck on the wing you limit his abilities.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He probably feels like a weights been lifted from his shoulders not having Rooney barracking him after every move.

GBBQ

I'd love to see if LVG can transfer Nani's Sporting form to work in this United team. Surely Valencia was the plan when it was 5 at the back, now his one-footedness and inability to cross or take on players makes him pretty useless as a winger.

Trizy

I think if we're gonna implement that type of role into our squad it will be Depay for sheer counter attacks and goals. However given Nani's assist record it could be a brilliant idea IF he was to return.

Unfortunately (due to current form and history) I don't think Nani will ever be back.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Our media are getting swarmed with this report of Van Gaal wanting Nani back in January. Hands off "our" Nani :(

Brophs

The One and Only
It'd be pretty fecking incredible - and indicative of the amateur and desperate nature of some of our dealings - if we paid to have him leave, only to have to pay to bring him back again.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It'd be pretty fecking incredible - and indicative of the amateur and desperate nature of some of our dealings - if we paid to have him leave, only to have to pay to bring him back again.
:lol: I agree.

I prefer to keep Nani till the end of the season. Any reasonable compensation won't be enough compared with what Nani provides us on the pitch. It would be a big blow in our season's aspirations.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would take him back in January for sure if we have the option to recall him. I mean, we are paying his wages so should be able to. Having him on the opposite flank to di Maria, if he doesn't suddenly collapse injured the second he steps into carrington, would potentially be brilliant. Or even it might let di Maria play in a midfield 3.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Our media are getting swarmed with this report of Van Gaal wanting Nani back in January. Hands off "our" Nani :(
Yeah !!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yes IMO. His ball retention is very good, has the skill in tight areas and creativity is very good when on form. I always thought he was going to develop into a number 10 eventually, but of course it went wrong. I do think though he was at his best for us when roaming around. If he's stuck on the wing you limit his abilities.
I hope you're right, very few people have the ability to win a game on their own, Nani does.

Brophs

The One and Only
:lol: You can only laugh at the utterly shambolic transfer SNAFU that Woodward has overseen since Fergie slung his hook.
Woodward talks about how available David Gill is to him and that he can always pick his brains for advice. I can only imagine some of the calls.
[Phone rings]
Gill: Hello?
Ed: [In a timid voice] David?
Gill: Yes, who is this?
Ed: David, it's me, Ed. Ed Woodward.........don't be angry, but....it's, it's happened again, David.
Gill: Oh, for feck'S SAKE.

Cina

It would be pretty hilarious and ridiculous.

Does he have any control over it himself or can the club just do it at will? For all we know he might be happy as the main man there and have no intention to come back and potentially be as shit and as scorned as he's been the last few years.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Woodward talks about how available David Gill is to him and that he can always pick his brains for advice. I can only imagine some of the calls.
[Phone rings]
Ed: David, it's me, Ed. Ed Woodward.........don't be angry, but....it's, it's happened again, David.
:lol:

If they pay millions to get Nani again for half a season, i finally found a more incompetent board than our previous one.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
[Phone rings]
:lol:

"You're paying ALL his bloody wages?!?"

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Can imagine us paying to bring him back, only for him to get injured in his first training session back at Carrington.

Devil may care

I thought it was impossible to bring him back until the summer due to the nature of the loan contract.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
We'd have gotten absolute peanuts for him this summer, now we could get a really good fee or (unlikely) he might even stay and be a top player for us again, he certainly has the confidence back.
Paying 100% of his wages is ridiculous.

finneh

Paying 100% of his wages is ridiculous.
Depends how you look at it. If they wanted £22m for Rojo, or £16m and a year of Nani who wouldn't get a game here, for free (at a cost of £4m in wages), then it's far from ridiculous, it's common sense.

Godfather

Would take him back in a heartbeat in January. With us giving up any new formation and reverting back to what we always did playing him would make sense
instead of Adnan who still is struggling imo. What a monumentary feck up the deal would have been though

ottosec

Let me see if I got this straight... First we offer him a 5 year contract and tell him that he will be an important player. We never play him even if our other options were embarrassing. Then we loan him to Sporting for one year, without any fee and paying his wages in full. And now we want him back and have to pay Sporting more money even if he is our player and they have him for free.

You can't make this shit up... :lol:

Varun

Staff
Would take him back in a heartbeat in January. With us giving up any new formation and reverting back to what we always did playing him would make sense
instead of Adnan who still is struggling imo. What a monumentary feck up the deal would have been though
Same here. Couldnt give a feck about how stupid the deal looks etc, for all we know it was either much more cash or Nani on loan for a year with wages paid, considering he wasnt in our plans anyways as we looked set to go 3-5-2, it isnt really daft.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I thought it was impossible to bring him back until the summer due to the nature of the loan contract.
I don't really know the details from the contract. What Sporting has been saying in the media points to the impossibility. The media has been mentioning a possible recall under a compensation. Nani's will should count too eventually. It's all speculation at the moment.

Godfather

I
Same here. Couldnt give a feck about how stupid the deal looks etc, for all we know it was either much more cash or Nani on loan for a year with wages paid, considering he wasnt in our plans anyways as we looked set to go 3-5-2, it isnt really daft.
If for nothing else at least he seems to have his confidence back at Sporting which was always his biggest problem here. He is the definition of a confidence player and if you got Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime in the stands booing him off this will not help much at all. Glad he is doing well. Always had a soft spot for him

steffyr2

Yep, he's another one cut from the same cloth. You can lump in Di Maria in the same group as well.

:rolleyes:

I assume you are being sarcastic...I hope so at least.
No. No
sarcasm. Just an inability to understand why, with multiple mediocre wing players to choose from, the fans picked Nani as the one to run out of the club.
The other weird thing is why he's all of a sudden so healthy. .......

mufcwarm92

His form shouldn't come as a surprise - he's technically brilliant and we all knew that. I genuinely believe he's one of the most talented players we've had in recent years. As with most wide players his form seems to be dependent on confidence and he really struggled with that last season. He's back where he started, with fans who love him and against much weaker opposition.

Good on him.

Devil may care

I don't really know the details from the contract. What Sporting has been saying in the media points to the impossibility. The media has been mentioning a possible recall under a compensation. Nani's will should count too eventually. It's all speculation at the moment.
Interesting, usually the contract states the length of the loan and there are no exceptions included, the only way we might have some sort of loophole is that we are paying all of his wages.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
As much as I would like to see him here again on top form, bringing him back in January would be stupid. One injury/one shit game and fans will be on his back as usual, and his confidence will be ruined.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Yup, Nani is very much a Robben style of player. I would say that Nani still has the potential to be better than Robben (though it would be a tough ask) as he is more versatile and less of a one trick pony.
Rooney playing as a false nine, and then Nani/ADM/Januzaj as the wide players wouldnt be a bad setup at all.
Nani has great potential, but potential to be better than Robben is potential to be the third best player in the world, doubt he has that.

McMarmite

I like nani and unlike some of the other players, i see no reason why he could not have a future still at united. However, better than robben? Please. Robben has been the player for bayern, the player ronaldo and messi are for their teams in times of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.