Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Weird we let him go for a year then.
According to that interview, Nani wanted to go on loan and said he would have found it hard to stay if he didnt. Which turns the whole story on its head. It makes it sound like Nani's morale wasnt good after his injuries and how he was being used in the squad and he wanted something like this loan back home and maybe after that the club still want him and he could have a fresh start with the new management. Who knows?

I agree it is weird if thats the case because usually if a player is finding it hard to stay at a club, the solution is to sell the player. But what if the new manager actually likes the player and wants to do whats going to keep him happy longterm and have him play at his best? It seems a bit farfetched, but that seems to be the story Nani's comments are painting.

The 28-year-old feels that he has been reinvigorated by his loan spell at Sporting but has indicated that he still has a future under Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford

Nani believes he has been revitalised by his loan spell at Sporting but suggests he will be part of Manchester United’s first-team plans next season.

Goal reported exclusively in November that Louis van Gaal was exploring the possibility of recalling Nani, who moved to Portugal as part of United’s deal to sign Marcos Rojo in the summer.

United have been unable cut short Nani’s time at Sporting but the winger, who has scored seven goals in 17 appearances this season, insists his time in Portugal has been positive.

“I just need someone to believe in me, trust me and my qualities, and give me an opportunity to show them on the pitch,” Nani told BT Sport.

“It’s an experience I wanted a lot and needed as well because the last two seasons at Manchester United I had so many injuries and I was very upset with a lot of things that happened to me.

“I was missing my family and friends and I wanted something new. The only opportunity I had to be happy, and Manchester United to be happy as well, was this one.”

Asked if he held a grudge against Van Gaal for allowing him to leave, Nani replied: “No. Because the club know my value and I know they want me to stay.

“It was me who made the choice to leave the club and it was a good decision by me because I knew if I stayed one more season at Old Trafford, it would be very hard for me.”

Asger

@Ringo 07 "Nani lost his place in the team under Ferguson permanently because he was attempting endless 40 yard shots at goal when we were at vital moments in big games and those endless 40 yard shots usually ended up in row Z."

Well... If that would be true Ferguson would never had started him in the biggest game of the season 2 years ago vs Real Madrid... At that time it was Rooney who had lost his place in the team and would probably not be here anymore if Ferguson wouldn't have retired.

JohnnyLaw

Lost the ball badly for Wolfsburgs 1st goal tonight. A typical mistake for him to make in recent times which something he'll have to cut out his game if he wants to play for us again under Van Gaal. I don't think he's able to though, and I'll be surprised if he's still a United player come september.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lost the ball badly for Wolfsburgs 1st goal tonight. A typical mistake for him to make in recent times which something he'll have to cut out his game if he wants to play for us again under Van Gaal. I don't think he's able to though, and I'll be surprised if he's still a United player come september.
Bit unfair that really, yes he made the pass but the defender made a very good interception, then did a great bit of skill to open up the defense. Apart from maybe hammering it at him harder there isn't much more he could have done, that's part of the risk of playing football from the back.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's bollocks, they were sitting very deep, their highest player up the pitch was that player Nani was passing to and he was on halfway line. If that's badly mistake I have no idea how to call dozens of those shit passes by Rooney and di Maria in central midfield in every single game.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Yep, like di Maria didn't lose the ball for burnleys goal goal last week or anything. Everything nani does has to fall under the microscope. Ridiculous really. Just read that ringos post too. Wonder if he rates di Maria who takes more daft shots than nani ever did.

JohnnyLaw

Bit unfair that really, yes he made the pass but the defender made a very good interception, then did a great bit of skill to open up the defense. Apart from maybe hammering it at him harder there isn't much more he could have done, that's part of the risk of playing football from the back.
He was in full control and under little pressure, he shouldn't lose the ball like that in his own half in transition. It's plain sloppy and careless and not at all unlike him.

About the Rooney and Di maria comparisons, I don't excuse them making similar errors and I expect Van Gaal to rectify them in a near future. Rooney's not a midfielder and LVG recognises this which is why he's said that he's looking for a new CM to play that role. Di Maria may make a few errors like Nani but he'll still justify hinself by creating much more chances. Nani hasn't been good enough going forward to justify the risk for several years playing for us.

Example; Di maria lost the ball and was in part at fault for Burnleys goal, but he then went on to create 2 goals for the team.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can you imagine Valencia doing that? :lol:

Raw

Fantastic goal! I remember he scored quite a few long range goals, my favourite is probably that one against Middlesbrough or that one against Chelsea :drool:

Fbh112

squelchy shoes
Some goal. Hope he can get himself together and show his quality. He can be a really enjoyable player to watch.

Shark

@NotShark
His form has been incredible with Sporting, fair play to the lad. I reckon he's still a good chance of salvaging something from his United career.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Do we take him back in the summer? For all his moments of brilliance, I can't forget how crap he was for the last two years. If he's rediscovered his form of past seasons, then he'd be better winger than anyone currently in our squad -- Di Maria included.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Do we take him back in the summer? For all his moments of brilliance, I can't forget how crap he was for the last two years. If he's rediscovered his form of past seasons, then he'd be better winger than anyone currently in our squad -- Di Maria included.
No. We will flog him for peanuts and persist with Young and Valencia.

Raw

I'd definitely take him back. Thing is, would Van Gaal?

I still hope that one day he'll return to his majestic world class form from 2010 to 2012.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
No. We will flog him for peanuts and persist with Young and Valencia.
Yeah, probably. It's a shame because the Nani of 09/10-11/12 was as good a winger as anyone in the league. Had it all, could beat a player with ease, score goals, assist. A bit suspect defensively, but not something I cared about when he was on top form as he contributed immensely to our attack.

Thoughts of him on one wing and Di Maria/Depay? on the other. It could be devastating -- something we haven't had since Valencia regressed to his current rundownthechannelsandlashtheballatthedefender'sleg mode of play.

Raw

Thoughts of him on one wing and Di Maria/Depay? on the other. It could be devastating -- something we haven't had since Valencia regressed to his current rundownthechannelsandlashtheballatthedefender'sleg mode of play.
On paper it sounds bloody brilliant. On paper though.

Bojan11

Get him back. Get Depay in too.

We need more players who can take on players.

Super Nani

We offer nowhere near enough goal threat from the wingers at the moment so really should be looking to bring Nani back, obviously only if van Gaal can fit him in to his 'philosophy'. It just seems silly to sell him when we don't need the money and he has only recently signed a contract extension. It's great to see him getting his confidence back on this loan, I just hope van Gaal has been keeping tabs on his progress over there because he can certainly offer us something next season if we do take him back.

bishblaize

Great goal, but you dont get that kind of space in the prem. Look at how that midfielder just slows down and lets him have a shot! Ridiculous. Still, haven't seen Januzaj do anything like that this season so who knows, maybe he'll be back after all.

markhrad

Which is funny, since we just paid 60million pounds for someone who should be just that. Jury's still out, but it's odd that Di Maria isn't held to the same standards that Nani was on here...
Nani's problem is that of consistency but at his best very few in the world can do what he can. I know I keep harping on his game against Bayern at OT a few years ago but in all my years I have seen very few performances in a Utd jersey equal to his that day.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I've only just read those quotes about how he wanted to go to Sporting to recapture some form but we had wanted him to stay. Given that, if he's had a successful loan spell then I'd have him back here happily, challenging for a place in the first XI.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Goal of the season so far in Portugal. What a cracking goal. He actually cried after the goal but i think it was due to some personal issues according to some folks on the stadium. Not only he scored that amazing goal, he also made a very good heading assist for our first one. Will be a sad day when Nani leaves :(

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Great how we're paying all his wages for him to star for another team.
If it gets him back to his best and returns to the club in that form then its worth every penny.

Hed Zitin

Cracking goal, but for everyone one of those that go in, Nani blasts ten other tries over the bar and into the gods. That's always been an issue with him.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Cracking goal, but for everyone one of those that go in, Nani blasts ten other tries over the bar and into the gods. That's always been an issue with him.
Yeah but you have players in your squad that not even in 1000 tries could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.