Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I remember not seeing him for months. Then Fergie started him in our biggest game of the season against Madrid where he created our goal and then was wrongly sent off.

Nani can play and win games. He can also lose the ball at any time and be selfish. But I'd rather that than watch this cowardly slow bullshit we've seen since for 2 months.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Nani has revealed Manchester United want him to stay at Old Trafford despite spending the season on loan at Sporting Lisbon.

The 28-year-old moved to Portugal as part of the deal that saw Marcos Rojo join United in the summer.

But the winger, who has a deal until 2018, insists he has been assured his long-term future is in England.

Nani said: "The club know my value and I know they want me to stay.

"It was me who made the choice to leave the club and it was a good decision by me because I knew if I stayed one more season at Old Trafford, it would be very hard for me.

"I just need someone to believe in me, trust me and my qualities, and give me an opportunity to show them on the pitch.

"It's an experience I wanted a lot and needed as well because the last two seasons at Manchester United I had so many injuries and I was very upset with a lot of things that happened to me.

"I was missing my family and friends and I wanted something new. The only opportunity I had to be happy, and Manchester United to be happy as well, was this one."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nani-man-utd-want-stay-8513227
Well I guess that explains why he was blatantly not bothering his arse in pre-season. Always suspected Nani's biggest weakness was between his ears.

Last edited:

Super Nani

Good to hear we apparently want him back next season, our performances so far have shown we could clearly have done with the option of playing him. A lot will depend if we sign a top winger in the summer because then he would be unlikely to get enough games so wouldn't want to be here but to say he isn't even worthy of being in the squad is silly considering our options at present. I haven't actually watched him much this season apart from in the Champions League but if he comes back hungry and looking to prove a point then he could potentially be a very important player for us next season. My main concern though would be if Januzaj misses out on games because of it and then doesn't develop in to the player he should with us.

We won a lot of trophies with Nani in the team and we could use his experience if he does make it back here. I believe we would have also surely got to the final in the Champions League on Fergies last attempt at it if Nani hadn't been wrongly sent off by that incompetent referee. Everyone knows the quality Nani pocesses it's just a case of him fitting in to van Gaals 'philosophy' next season and being given a chance. If he can stay fit and show some consistency then our midfield will only benefit, I just hope he is in our plans and we don't try to sell him when we don't really need the money and won't get as much as we should do for him anyway.

Last edited:

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
um, can we NOT bring him back ever?

nani is done with manchester united, even if neither party can see it for themselves at this time. nani, anderson, young and valencia are not manchester united calibre, yet each has been given plenty of time to stake their place.

nani, to be fair, was fantastic and while he is showcasing his talents in portugal these days, make no mistake - he will not be that player if he joined us as he won't be the focal point of our attack.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
How much do people think we could get for Nani?

And I can't believe he's been here for nearly 8 years. Doesn't feel that long ago since we signed him and Ando.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If we go to 4-3-3 next season which Van Gaal has indicated to be his preference, Nani would be a very welcome addition to go with Di Maria, Januzaz and a new signing depending on what you do with Valencia and Young.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
If we go to 4-3-3 next season which Van Gaal has indicated to be his preference, Nani would be a very welcome addition to go with Di Maria, Januzaz and a new signing depending on what you do with Valencia and Young.
januzaj might be even better than januzaz from what i've been reading.

valencia and young can happily ply their trade somewhere else.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
um, can we NOT bring him back ever?

nani is done with manchester united, even if neither party can see it for themselves at this time. nani, anderson, young and valencia are not manchester united calibre, yet each has been given plenty of time to stake their place.

nani, to be fair, was fantastic and while he is showcasing his talents in portugal these days, make no mistake - he will not be that player if he joined us as he won't be the focal point of our attack.
Nani is very much the calibre, not sure if you've watched us recently but we need all the fecking help we can get!

VanGaalEra

Big game today, the Lisbon Derby. It's on BT Sport if anyone wants to watch it.

VanGaalEra

Been very Naniish today btw. He's trying very hard, but his final pass has let him down.

VanGaalEra

Sporting would be gutted to concede a 94 min equaliser.

@Sly the race for the title would have opened up with a sporting win.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Sporting would be gutted to concede a 94 min equaliser.

@Sly the race for the title would have opened up with a sporting win.
Benfica scored in their only shot at goal at the 94 minute! Was devastated when i left the stadium. Will be hard for us to fight for the title now because Benfica is dropping few points and we still have to go to Porto away. Nani was average. He tried to create, asked for the ball but his decision making was poor. William Carvalho was very good though. Returning to last years form. Hopefully we win the Portuguese cup, qualify for the Champions League and have a decent Europa league campaign (although we are facing Wolfsburg next :nervous:).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
@Sly how has Nani been preforming these last few months? I see he wasn't amazing Sunday but has he still been maintaining his early season form?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
@Sly how has Nani been preforming these last few months? I see he wasn't amazing Sunday but has he still been maintaining his early season form?
Has been struggling to return to his before injury form. I mean he hasn't been poor but he hasn't been outstanding like in the beggining of the season/Champions League campaign.

Empire

I am disappointed Nani made the decision to leave despite the club wanting him to stay, looking at what Louis van Gaal has done with Fellaini and Young, it is possible he could get Nani doing well on the flank.

He can beat his man and he can put in a cross, we need this on the right, simply don't ask him to do too much where he has all these choices to make, just ask him to play a simple game where he looks to get past his man and put in good crosses and ask him to work hard for the team.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I am disappointed Nani made the decision to leave despite the club wanting him to stay, looking at what Louis van Gaal has done with Fellaini and Young, it is possible he could get Nani doing well on the flank.

He can beat his man and he can put in a cross, we need this on the right, simply don't ask him to do too much where he has all these choices to make, just ask him to play a simple game where he looks to get past his man and put in good crosses and ask him to work hard for the team.
Or conversely looking at what he has done to Herrera or Rooney! Nani is better than Adnan and Young (imo) but that's more about our quality in wide men than Nani.

RedStarUnited

Wenger on Quaresma: "If he could have been better? Yes. He, like another player I love, Nani, wen't to clubs they weren't bred ."

Wenger loves Nani? news to me.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Sorry but I still can't stand Nani. You know when/if he comes back he'll have one or two amazing games and score some screamers but then after that it will be the same old Nani that plays with a complete lack of a footballing brain.

Besides, we have enough attackers already. We need to get proper strikers (or play Rooney upfront) and play the midfielders we've got (Herrera, Mata, Fellaini)

m1y2

we would do better with Nani in 4-2-3-1 than with Persie in 4-4-2 diamond and I don't rate Nani that much, surely we could play Young on the wing again and he woul do the job better than the two strikers up front... another msitake which van Gaal needs to resolve

Ekeke

Sorry but I still can't stand Nani. You know when/if he comes back he'll have one or two amazing games and score some screamers but then after that it will be the same old Nani that plays with a complete lack of a footballing brain.

Besides, we have enough attackers already. We need to get proper strikers (or play Rooney upfront) and play the midfielders we've got (Herrera, Mata, Fellaini)
So another Di Maria? Not bad considering we've missed him when he's been unfit

Ekeke

You and I both know who's the better version in the longer run. Who knows if Di Maria wouldn't tear the Portuguese league apart as well.
oh of course. I just think, with all the games Di Maria has been sub par it'd have been nice to have Nani to bring on to replace him. If one is having an off day the other might come good

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You and I both know who's the better version in the longer run. Who knows if Di Maria wouldn't tear the Portuguese league apart as well.
Di Maria and Nani had very similiar impact in the portuguese league in their stints and both left for big european clubs for the same value (25 million euros plus objectives).

pacifictheme

Di Maria and Nani had very similiar impact in the portuguese league in their stints and both left for big european clubs for the same value (25 million euros plus objectives).
Nani must have a lot more silverwear though.

Ringo 07

Hopefully he's given a shot next season.
Nani lost his place in the team under Ferguson permanently because he was attempting endless 40 yard shots at goal when we were at vital moments in big games and those endless 40 yard shots usually ended up in row Z. Nani is simply not cut out to make the grade at Man Utd. 7 years of struggling here is proof of that. He is an incredibly gifted player but just because he can pull off a moment of genius in a game doesn't mean he is a Man Utd level player.

beardsleybob

Nani lost his place in the team under Ferguson permanently because he was attempting endless 40 yard shots at goal when we were at vital moments in big games and those endless 40 yard shots usually ended up in row Z. Nani is simply not cut out to make the grade at Man Utd. 7 years of struggling here is proof of that. He is an incredibly gifted player but just because he can pull off a moment of genius in a game doesn't mean he is a Man Utd level player.
Rooney has been consistently defended using this rationale. Why not give him another try under a different regime?

pacifictheme

He was out player of the season one year. And had some other very good years. Hardly 7 years of struggling mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.